Brexit breakfast: Why bacon will be off the menu after no-deal
tim...
2019-08-11 08:41:12 UTC
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2019/08/10/brexit-breakfast-bacon-will-menu-no-deal-thankfully-sausage/

It's behind a paywall, but the headline is enough

All this scaremongering really annoys me

So, we leave the EU and the Danes are immediately going to stop supplying
their single largest customer (by a mile)

why?

tim
R. Mark Clayton
2019-08-11 09:11:48 UTC
Post by tim...
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2019/08/10/brexit-breakfast-bacon-will-menu-no-deal-thankfully-sausage/
It's behind a paywall, but the headline is enough
All this scaremongering really annoys me
So, we leave the EU and the Danes are immediately going to stop supplying
their single largest customer (by a mile)
why?
tim
It costs money to rear pigs.

If bacon price rises due to heavy UK import tariffs many Brits will reduce or cease bacon consumption. Danish producers won't rear pigs at a loss and will reduce output.

If the UK lowers tariffs to prevent this Danish imports will be substituted by cheaper US imports (cheaper because of prairie farming in the USA) - as above Danish farmers will not sell at a loss.

Whilst the 50 Million English would be a great loss of custom to Denmark, there are ~500 Million other EU citizens many of whom eat pork products. Maybe the Danes will start making pork pies for Europe to replace UK ones priced out of Europe by tariffs, costly compliance and burdensome customs' procedures...

Ironically this article is in a "Leave" paper.
Norman Wells
2019-08-11 10:28:00 UTC
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by tim...
[...]
Doom, gloom, apocalypse, catastrophe, famine, pestilence, plague,
penury, Corbyn, war.

I thought that was global warming. Now it's a multi-purpose mantra.

That's nice.
tim...
2019-08-11 12:34:57 UTC
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by tim...
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2019/08/10/brexit-breakfast-bacon-will-menu-no-deal-thankfully-sausage/
It's behind a paywall, but the headline is enough
All this scaremongering really annoys me
So, we leave the EU and the Danes are immediately going to stop supplying
their single largest customer (by a mile)
why?
tim
It costs money to rear pigs.
If bacon price rises due to heavy UK import tariffs many Brits will
reduce or cease bacon consumption.
it's already a premium product, a few pence more is not going to be critical

they already have to counter a 20% currency fluctuation.
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Danish producers won't rear pigs at a loss and will reduce output.
will they?
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by R. Mark Clayton
If the UK lowers tariffs to prevent this Danish imports will be
substituted by cheaper US imports (cheaper because of prairie farming in
the USA) - as above Danish farmers will not sell at a loss.
from the point of the Brit, who cares

how does that stop us having bacon to buy?
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Whilst the 50 Million English would be a great loss of custom to Denmark,
there are ~500 Million other EU citizens many of whom eat pork products.
Maybe the Danes will start making pork pies for Europe to replace UK ones
priced out of Europe by tariffs, costly compliance and burdensome
customs' procedures...
The Danish producers are optimised for bacon production.

They wont find changing over to something else as easy as you think it is

tim
Yellow
2019-08-11 15:06:00 UTC
Post by tim...
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Whilst the 50 Million English would be a great loss of custom to Denmark,
there are ~500 Million other EU citizens many of whom eat pork products.
Maybe the Danes will start making pork pies for Europe to replace UK ones
priced out of Europe by tariffs, costly compliance and burdensome
customs' procedures...
The Danish producers are optimised for bacon production.
They wont find changing over to something else as easy as you think it is
I have been saying this for months.... why are we going to get shortages
of goods on November 1st when we were cheerfully in receipt of these
same goods on October 31st.

Is the premise that the UK are going to turn away the lorries full of
food and medicines, at the docks?

There is no logic to this idea at all and it is simply scaremongering
and the people spreading this nonsense should be thoroughly ashamed of
themselves as it will initiate panic buying and then we really will have
shortages.

Meanwhile, there was another story like this on BBC's Newsnight, loudly
proclaiming that the NI dairy herd will be slaughtered in the event of a
so called "no-deal" Brexit.

Except the footnote was there are no plans in fact to do this.
R. Mark Clayton
2019-08-11 15:38:47 UTC
SNIP
Post by Yellow
I have been saying this for months.... why are we going to get shortages
of goods on November 1st when we were cheerfully in receipt of these
same goods on October 31st.
Hardly on day 1.
Post by Yellow
Is the premise that the UK are going to turn away the lorries full of
food and medicines, at the docks?
No they will have to queue up until the right paperwork (or electronic submission) is provided, duty AND VAT paid up front, and the goods in the wagon / container checked against it.

As soon as the queues at Calais become so long that the cargo will rot before passage - the lorries will be diverted to Rungis.

Southampton may be geared up for some of this - Dover certainly is not.

You seem to have no appreciation of just what a waste of time HMRC cause at the ports.
Post by Yellow
There is no logic to this idea at all and it is simply scaremongering
and the people spreading this nonsense should be thoroughly ashamed of
themselves as it will initiate panic buying and then we really will have
shortages.
Oh we really will, perhaps made worse by panic buying.
Post by Yellow
Meanwhile, there was another story like this on BBC's Newsnight, loudly
proclaiming that the NI dairy herd will be slaughtered in the event of a
so called "no-deal" Brexit.
Except the footnote was there are no plans in fact to do this.
Agreed.

Maybe a few more than usual will be slaughtered (about 20% pa usually) others will literally find their way to the Republic (see another thread about this).

What is true is that NI farmers will pay the price for supporting Brexit in their pockets.
kat
2019-08-11 20:11:36 UTC
Post by R. Mark Clayton
SNIP
Post by Yellow
Is the premise that the UK are going to turn away the lorries full of
food and medicines, at the docks?
No they will have to queue up until the right paperwork (or electronic submission) is provided, duty AND VAT paid up front, and the goods in the wagon / container checked against it.
As soon as the queues at Calais become so long that the cargo will rot before passage - the lorries will be diverted to Rungis.
Southampton may be geared up for some of this - Dover certainly is not.
Apparently traffic is already transferring - to Felixstowe. Who are very well
geared up.
--
kat
^..^<
tim...
2019-08-12 08:11:30 UTC
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by R. Mark Clayton
SNIP
Post by Yellow
Is the premise that the UK are going to turn away the lorries full of
food and medicines, at the docks?
No they will have to queue up until the right paperwork (or electronic
submission) is provided, duty AND VAT paid up front, and the goods in the
wagon / container checked against it.
you have to queue up regardless of whether you have to show paperwork for
the goods, we enforce passport checks on drivers. How much longer is
handing over a form going to take? In theory we can do all of this by
pre-registration of the load and scanning a bar code.

Doesn't duty already have to be paid up front. Isn't this already checked?

In theory we (and they) can open wagons to check that what's inside is
what's on the manifest, already

It's how we police people smuggling, drugs/firearms/other contraband
smuggling, importation of dutiable good and enforcement of CITES
conventions.

so nothing new there.

The idea that there's going to necessarily be a much longer process is just
daft

OK so the French may enforce a much longer process just because they can,
but as soon as they realise that Irish lorries bound for the EU are held up
at the back of the queue - still on UK soil - (why should the UK authorities
let then skip the line if the French are buggering us about) they'll get
feed up with that
Post by R. Mark Clayton
As soon as the queues at Calais become so long that the cargo will rot
before passage - the lorries will be diverted to Rungis.
to where?

In any case

If you have a wagon load of goods for Sainsbury's, taking them to the local
Makro isn't going to get the van emptied

BTW, the item in question in this thread is a preserved food with a long
shelf life, how long do you expect these queues to be?
Fredxx
2019-08-12 17:38:08 UTC
Post by tim...
Post by R. Mark Clayton
SNIP
Post by Yellow
Is the premise that the UK are going to turn away the lorries full of
food and medicines, at the docks?
No they will have to queue up until the right paperwork (or
electronic submission) is provided, duty AND VAT paid up front, and
the goods in the wagon / container checked against it.
you have to queue up regardless of whether you have to show paperwork
for the goods, we enforce passport checks on drivers.
Currently done before we board. Same for Europeans leaving the UK.

Are you suggesting the EU is hell bent on making long queues for both UK
and EU citizens?
tim...
2019-08-12 20:25:22 UTC
Post by Fredxx
Post by tim...
Post by R. Mark Clayton
SNIP
Post by Yellow
Is the premise that the UK are going to turn away the lorries full of
food and medicines, at the docks?
No they will have to queue up until the right paperwork (or electronic
submission) is provided, duty AND VAT paid up front, and the goods in
the wagon / container checked against it.
you have to queue up regardless of whether you have to show paperwork for
the goods, we enforce passport checks on drivers.
Currently done before we board. Same for Europeans leaving the UK.
Are you suggesting the EU is hell bent on making long queues for both UK
and EU citizens?
for trucks - yes

tim
kat
2019-08-12 21:00:01 UTC
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by R. Mark Clayton
SNIP
Post by R. Mark Clayton
As soon as the queues at Calais become so long that the cargo will rot before
passage - the lorries will be diverted to Rungis.
to where?
In any case
If you have a wagon load of goods for Sainsbury's, taking them to the local
Makro isn't going to get the van emptied
BTW, the item in question in this thread is a preserved food with a long shelf
life, how long do you expect these queues to be?
You haven't actually quoted my post in all of this - only Mark's, and that
includes that bit about Rungis.
--
kat
^..^<
tim...
2019-08-13 09:23:28 UTC
Post by kat
Post by tim...
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by R. Mark Clayton
SNIP
Post by R. Mark Clayton
As soon as the queues at Calais become so long that the cargo will rot
before passage - the lorries will be diverted to Rungis.
to where?
In any case
If you have a wagon load of goods for Sainsbury's, taking them to the
local Makro isn't going to get the van emptied
BTW, the item in question in this thread is a preserved food with a long
shelf life, how long do you expect these queues to be?
You haven't actually quoted my post in all of this - only Mark's, and
that includes that bit about Rungis.
he's plonked becaouse he liabled me

I therefore have to reply when others make his post visible to me

tim
kat
2019-08-13 11:49:02 UTC
Post by tim...
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by R. Mark Clayton
SNIP
Post by R. Mark Clayton
As soon as the queues at Calais become so long that the cargo will rot
before passage - the lorries will be diverted to Rungis.
to where?
In any case
If you have a wagon load of goods for Sainsbury's, taking them to the local
Makro isn't going to get the van emptied
BTW, the item in question in this thread is a preserved food with a long
shelf life, how long do you expect these queues to be?
You haven't actually quoted  my post in all of this - only Mark's, and that
includes that bit about Rungis.
he's plonked becaouse he liabled me
I therefore have to reply when others make his post visible to me
tim
Ah, OK! just wish it hadn't looked like I had said all that stuff!
Especially as you deleted my comment about Felixstowe being willing able and
already doing. :-)
--
kat
^..^<
Pamela
Why do you make an effort to reply to someone you kill filed?
R. Mark Clayton
2019-08-11 15:16:41 UTC
Post by tim...
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by tim...
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2019/08/10/brexit-breakfast-bacon-will-menu-no-deal-thankfully-sausage/
It's behind a paywall, but the headline is enough
All this scaremongering really annoys me
So, we leave the EU and the Danes are immediately going to stop supplying
their single largest customer (by a mile)
why?
tim
It costs money to rear pigs.
If bacon price rises due to heavy UK import tariffs many Brits will
reduce or cease bacon consumption.
it's already a premium product, a few pence more is not going to be critical
Inelastic demand? - its not an essential.
Post by tim...
they already have to counter a 20% currency fluctuation.
Well 12%, but another 8% recently since BJ became PM.

For now they won't piglets born in the Spring will still be slaughtered in the autumn and if the market price is low the farmers will just take a loss.

In the longer term they may grow something else.
Post by tim...
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Danish producers won't rear pigs at a loss and will reduce output.
will they?
Yes - the same way dairy overproduction has reduced post CAP.
Post by tim...
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by R. Mark Clayton
If the UK lowers tariffs to prevent this Danish imports will be
substituted by cheaper US imports (cheaper because of prairie farming in
the USA) - as above Danish farmers will not sell at a loss.
from the point of the Brit, who cares
Anyone who finds the price has rise 25% in three years.
Post by tim...
how does that stop us having bacon to buy?
No it will stop us buying it cheaply.
Post by tim...
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Whilst the 50 Million English would be a great loss of custom to Denmark,
there are ~500 Million other EU citizens many of whom eat pork products.
Maybe the Danes will start making pork pies for Europe to replace UK ones
priced out of Europe by tariffs, costly compliance and burdensome
customs' procedures...
The Danish producers are optimised for bacon production.
True.
Post by tim...
They wont find changing over to something else as easy as you think it is
But you don't have to cure pork to make bacon, although this does make it easier to transport and handle.
tim
pensive hamster
2019-08-11 14:52:59 UTC
Post by Norman Wells
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by tim...
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2019/08/10/brexit-breakfast-bacon-will-menu-no-deal-thankfully-sausage/
It's behind a paywall, but the headline is enough
[...]
Post by Norman Wells
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Ironically this article is in a "Leave" paper.
Doom, gloom, apocalypse, catastrophe, famine, pestilence, plague,
penury, Corbyn, war.
Steady on, old chap. You don't think you might be exaggerating
a bit?

You seem to be equating "possibly more expensive bacon"
with "Doom, gloom, apocalypse, catastrophe, famine, pestilence,
plague, penury, Corbyn, war."

I think you need to sit down, take some deep breaths, and have
a nice cup of tea.
That's nice.
Grikboxer®™
I think you need to re-read the Project Fear manifesto.
NEMO
2019-08-11 16:48:11 UTC
Post by pensive hamster
I think you need
I think you do not need to post on the HUMAN newsgroups. Not even
the sub-human ones; just the sub-louse ones. OK, old nazoid pedo?
Peeler
2019-08-11 17:47:14 UTC
On Sun, 11 Aug 2019 09:40:16 -0700, clinically insane, pedophilic, serbian
Post by Grikboxer®™
I think you need to re-read the Project Fear manifesto.
I think you need to apply for another prolonged stay in the loony bin,
psychopathic dreckserb!
being widely accepted."
MID: <rlMUE.676067$***@usenetxs.com>
pensive hamster
2019-08-11 20:08:28 UTC
Post by Grikboxer®™
Post by pensive hamster
Post by Norman Wells
Post by Norman Wells
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Ironically this article is in a "Leave" paper.
Doom, gloom, apocalypse, catastrophe, famine, pestilence, plague,
penury, Corbyn, war.
Steady on, old chap. You don't think you might be exaggerating
a bit?
You seem to be equating "possibly more expensive bacon"
with "Doom, gloom, apocalypse, catastrophe, famine, pestilence,
plague, penury, Corbyn, war."
I think you need to sit down, take some deep breaths, and have
a nice cup of tea.
I think you need to re-read the Project Fear manifesto.
Is this imaginary Project Fear manifesto available to read
online anywhere?

(Remember, it was the team campaigning against Scottish
independence that first used the phrase "Project Fear".)

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/mar/11/project-fear-started-as-a-silly-private-joke-now-it-wont-go-away
Grikboxer®™
2019-08-11 20:24:25 UTC
On Sun, 11 Aug 2019 13:08:28 -0700 (PDT), pensive hamster
Post by pensive hamster
Post by Grikboxer®™
Post by pensive hamster
Post by Norman Wells
Post by Norman Wells
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Ironically this article is in a "Leave" paper.
Doom, gloom, apocalypse, catastrophe, famine, pestilence, plague,
penury, Corbyn, war.
Steady on, old chap. You don't think you might be exaggerating
a bit?
You seem to be equating "possibly more expensive bacon"
with "Doom, gloom, apocalypse, catastrophe, famine, pestilence,
plague, penury, Corbyn, war."
I think you need to sit down, take some deep breaths, and have
a nice cup of tea.
I think you need to re-read the Project Fear manifesto.
Is this imaginary Project Fear manifesto available to read
online anywhere?
If it was imaginary, then it wouldn't be, would it?
And Remoaners have embraced the concept wholeheartedly.
Peeler
2019-08-11 20:47:13 UTC
On Sun, 11 Aug 2019 13:24:25 -0700, clinically insane, pedophilic, serbian
Post by Grikboxer®™
Post by pensive hamster
Post by Grikboxer®™
I think you need to re-read the Project Fear manifesto.
Is this imaginary Project Fear manifesto available to read
online anywhere?
If it was imaginary, then it wouldn't be, would it?
IOW, it isn't! As usual, it's another product of your clinically insane
head, serb psychopath!
"Isn't it time that paedophiles were admitted to the LGBTQ rainbow?
Now that every other sexual deviation seems to have been accommodated?"
MID: <Y8LUE.513827$***@usenetxs.com>
pensive hamster
2019-08-11 22:59:58 UTC
Post by Grikboxer®™
Post by pensive hamster
Post by Grikboxer®™
Post by pensive hamster
Post by Norman Wells
Post by Norman Wells
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Ironically this article is in a "Leave" paper.
Doom, gloom, apocalypse, catastrophe, famine, pestilence, plague,
penury, Corbyn, war.
Steady on, old chap. You don't think you might be exaggerating
a bit?
You seem to be equating "possibly more expensive bacon"
with "Doom, gloom, apocalypse, catastrophe, famine, pestilence,
plague, penury, Corbyn, war."
I think you need to sit down, take some deep breaths, and have
a nice cup of tea.
I think you need to re-read the Project Fear manifesto.
Is this imaginary Project Fear manifesto available to read
online anywhere?
If it was imaginary, then it wouldn't be, would it?
My point exactly. (i.e. if it wasn't imaginary, it would be available
to read somewhere, on the Internet, on a news website somewhere,
or at the very least, on a scroll in the British Museum).
Post by Grikboxer®™
Post by pensive hamster
(Remember, it was the team campaigning against Scottish
independence that first used the phrase "Project Fear".)
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/mar/11/project-fear-started-as-a-silly-private-joke-now-it-wont-go-away
And Remoaners have embraced the concept wholeheartedly.
You are terribly confused, old bean. It's Leavers who have
embraced the concept wholeheartedly.

They think that they just have to say "Project Fear", and they
have automatically won the argument. They think saying
"Project Fear" is like saying "Abracadabra", the genie will pop
out of the bottle, and say "I grant you three wishes, and three
ways to vanquish the EU."

Didn't your mum ever warn you to never listen to strange genies
who give you drugged sweets and offer to grant you three wishes?
Norman Wells
2019-08-12 07:55:09 UTC
Post by pensive hamster
Post by Grikboxer®™
Post by pensive hamster
Post by Grikboxer®™
I think you need to re-read the Project Fear manifesto.
Is this imaginary Project Fear manifesto available to read
online anywhere?
If it was imaginary, then it wouldn't be, would it?
My point exactly. (i.e. if it wasn't imaginary, it would be available
to read somewhere, on the Internet, on a news website somewhere,
or at the very least, on a scroll in the British Museum).
I don't think there's a whole one in captivity anywhere. But we
certainly know it exists, and have hard evidence of its existence,
through its incontinent and widespread excrement.

It's a shapeshifter, and therefore very hard to pin down. But you know
when it's around. It leaves you in no doubt. It's pernicious,
deceptive and very slippery. A bit like phlegm, but with added
deceptiveness.
pensive hamster
2019-08-12 14:06:40 UTC
Post by Norman Wells
Post by pensive hamster
Post by Grikboxer®™
Post by pensive hamster
Post by Grikboxer®™
I think you need to re-read the Project Fear manifesto.
Is this imaginary Project Fear manifesto available to read
online anywhere?
If it was imaginary, then it wouldn't be, would it?
My point exactly. (i.e. if it wasn't imaginary, it would be available
to read somewhere, on the Internet, on a news website somewhere,
or at the very least, on a scroll in the British Museum).
I don't think there's a whole one in captivity anywhere. But we
certainly know it exists, and have hard evidence of its existence,
through its incontinent and widespread excrement.
It sounds like you have been taken-in by dog-walkers making
excuses for not cleaning up after their pets.

Still, if you have been naive enough to believe the blandishments
of Brexiteers, you might easily be duped by deceptive dog-walkers.
Post by Norman Wells
It's a shapeshifter, and therefore very hard to pin down.
Much like the Yeti, then. I hear that genuine Yeti droppings
are worth quite a bit.
My, you do have a vivid imagination, though a bit kinky.
Grikboxer®™
2019-08-12 11:34:36 UTC
On Sun, 11 Aug 2019 15:59:58 -0700 (PDT), pensive hamster
Post by pensive hamster
Post by Grikboxer®™
Post by pensive hamster
Post by Grikboxer®™
Post by pensive hamster
Post by Norman Wells
Post by Norman Wells
Post by R. Mark Clayton
[...]
Indeed. Feel free to look for it (go to the Dark Web if necessary -
Tor browser required). I don't need to: I see extracts on this
newsgroup every day.
Post by pensive hamster
Post by Grikboxer®™
Post by pensive hamster
(Remember, it was the team campaigning against Scottish
independence that first used the phrase "Project Fear".)
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/mar/11/project-fear-started-as-a-silly-private-joke-now-it-wont-go-away
And Remoaners have embraced the concept wholeheartedly.
You are terribly confused, old bean. It's Leavers who have
embraced the concept wholeheartedly.
Sorry, old boy, but it's Remoaners who have embraced the concept of
fearmongering wholeheartedly and Leavers who have recognised it as
such. Brexiteers have never offered anything other than a (sometimes
guardedly) optimistic view of Britan's future.
Post by pensive hamster
They think that they just have to say "Project Fear", and they
have automatically won the argument. They think saying
"Project Fear" is like saying "Abracadabra", the genie will pop
out of the bottle, and say "I grant you three wishes, and three
ways to vanquish the EU."
You people think undermining the British economy (and psyche) with
dire predictions of doom and destruction will turn the electorate's
sentiment away from Brexit in a second referendum (if any)?
Post by pensive hamster
Didn't your mum ever warn you to never listen to strange genies
who give you drugged sweets and offer to grant you three wishes?
Didn't *your* mum ever tell you about the Pied Piper of Hamelin and
what happened when people failed to live up to their promises?
Peeler
2019-08-12 11:44:43 UTC
On Mon, 12 Aug 2019 04:34:36 -0700, clinically insane, pedophilic, serbian
Post by Grikboxer®™
Post by pensive hamster
Post by Grikboxer®™
Post by pensive hamster
Is this imaginary Project Fear manifesto available to read
online anywhere?
If it was imaginary, then it wouldn't be, would it?
My point exactly. (i.e. if it wasn't imaginary, it would be available
to read somewhere, on the Internet, on a news website somewhere,
or at the very least, on a scroll in the British Museum).
Indeed. Feel free to look for it (go to the Dark Web if necessary -
Tor browser required). I don't need to: I see extracts on this
newsgroup every day.
IOW, you ADMIT that you were bullshitting, again! <tsk>

<FLUSH the rest of your usual idiotic & psychopathic bullshit unread again>
is any meaningful debate to lower the age of consent:
"If there isn't, there should be."
MID: <ZAMUE.174724$***@usenetxs.com>
Ian Jackson
2019-08-12 12:01:00 UTC
Post by pensive hamster
You are terribly confused, old bean. It's Leavers who have
embraced the concept wholeheartedly.
Sorry, old boy, but it's Remoaners who have embraced the concept of
fearmongering wholeheartedly and Leavers who have recognised it as
such. Brexiteers have never offered anything other than a (sometimes
guardedly) optimistic view of Britan's future.
You're simply stating the bleedin' obvious.

When offered the chance to change from what you have, those who vote for
the change will usually do so because they think it's a good idea - and
will say what they think is good about it. Those who vote against the
change will usually do so because they think it's a bad idea - and will
say what they think is bad about it.
Ian
Grikboxxer®™
2019-08-12 12:29:08 UTC
Post by pensive hamster
You are terribly confused, old bean. It's Leavers who have
embraced the concept wholeheartedly.
Sorry, old boy, but it's Remoaners who have embraced the concept of
fearmongering wholeheartedly and Leavers who have recognised it as
such. Brexiteers have never offered anything other than a (sometimes
guardedly) optimistic view of Britan's future.
You're simply stating the bleedin' obvious.
Apparently it's not bleedin' obvious to pensive hamster.
And engage in fearmongering, as Remoaners have done.
Peeler
2019-08-12 12:42:34 UTC
On Mon, 12 Aug 2019 05:29:08 -0700, clinically insane, pedophilic, serbian
Post by Grikboxxer®™
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Grikboxer®™
Sorry, old boy, but it's Remoaners who have embraced the concept of
fearmongering wholeheartedly and Leavers who have recognised it as
such. Brexiteers have never offered anything other than a (sometimes
guardedly) optimistic view of Britan's future.
You're simply stating the bleedin' obvious.
Apparently it's not bleedin' obvious to pensive hamster.
Trust me, it's bleeding obvious to EVERYONE that you are a clinically
insane, perverted, psychopathic piece of shit!
Post by Grikboxxer®™
Post by Ian Jackson
When offered the chance to change from what you have, those who vote for
the change will usually do so because they think it's a good idea - and
will say what they think is good about it. Those who vote against the
change will usually do so because they think it's a bad idea - and will
say what they think is bad about it.
And engage in fearmongering, as Remoaners have done.
There's no fear mongering. It's about what economics experts and UK and EU
firms involved KNOW!
Ian Jackson
2019-08-12 12:41:51 UTC
Post by Ian Jackson
When offered the chance to change from what you have, those who vote for
the change will usually do so because they think it's a good idea - and
will say what they think is good about it. Those who vote against the
change will usually do so because they think it's a bad idea - and will
say what they think is bad about it.
And engage in fearmongering, as Remoaners have done.
So it's OK for those who want change to extoll the benefits, but it's
not OK for those who don't want change to caution about the
disadvantages?
Ian
Grikboxxer®™
2019-08-12 13:07:34 UTC
Post by Ian Jackson
When offered the chance to change from what you have, those who vote for
the change will usually do so because they think it's a good idea - and
will say what they think is good about it. Those who vote against the
change will usually do so because they think it's a bad idea - and will
say what they think is bad about it.
And engage in fearmongering, as Remoaners have done.
So it's OK for those who want change to extoll the benefits, but it's
not OK for those who don't want change to caution about the
disadvantages?
It's certainly not OK for those who don't want change to
market/promote wholesale hysterical fearmongering.
Ian Jackson
2019-08-12 14:07:05 UTC
Post by Ian Jackson
When offered the chance to change from what you have, those who vote for
the change will usually do so because they think it's a good idea - and
will say what they think is good about it. Those who vote against the
change will usually do so because they think it's a bad idea - and will
say what they think is bad about it.
And engage in fearmongering, as Remoaners have done.
So it's OK for those who want change to extoll the benefits, but it's
not OK for those who don't want change to caution about the
disadvantages?
It's certainly not OK for those who don't want change to
market/promote wholesale hysterical fearmongering.
But it IS OK for those who want change to market/promote wholesale
complacent optimism?
Ian
Grikboxxer®™
Yes, it is. Optimism is good, fearmongering pessimism is bad.
Peeler
2019-08-12 15:01:40 UTC
On Mon, 12 Aug 2019 07:23:36 -0700, clinically insane, pedophilic, serbian
Post by Grikboxxer®™
Post by Ian Jackson
But it IS OK for those who want change to market/promote wholesale
complacent optimism?
Yes, it is. Optimism is good, fearmongering pessimism is bad.
More misplaced "psychopathic wisdom" from the resident psychopath! LMAO
on Facebook is incapable of consent?"
MID: <Og0VE.1298131$***@usenetxs.com>
pensive hamster
2019-08-12 14:22:41 UTC
Post by Grikboxxer®™
In message Grikboxxer®™ writes
Post by Grikboxxer®™
In message Grikboxer®™ writes
Post by Grikboxer®™
Post by pensive hamster
[...]
Can you give an example of this alleged wholesale hysterical
fearmongering?

The sort of thing I've heard, is that, post-Brexit, GDP might
grow by 6% less by 2030, than it would grow without Brexit.
I find it hard to see that as wholesale hysterical fearmongering.

Project Mild Concern, I could accept. Or even, Project Boris
and Nigel are a Bit Dodgy, don't you think?
Grikboxxer®™
2019-08-12 15:59:58 UTC
Post by Grikboxer®™
Post by pensive hamster
[...]
Haven't you been reading this newsgroup? Look at the frequent
doom 'n gloom posts from Mr Clayton and MM.
Post by pensive hamster
The sort of thing I've heard, is that, post-Brexit, GDP might
grow by 6% less by 2030, than it would grow without Brexit.
I find it hard to see that as wholesale hysterical fearmongering.
The sort of thing I've heard is that we're heading for a depression,
beginning on 1st November. Not to mention food shortages, riots in
the streets, and the Army called in to restore order.
Well, no.
Peeler
2019-08-12 17:19:27 UTC
On Mon, 12 Aug 2019 08:59:58 -0700, clinically insane, pedophilic, serbian
Post by Grikboxxer®™
Post by pensive hamster
Can you give an example of this alleged wholesale hysterical
fearmongering?
Haven't you been reading this newsgroup? Look at the frequent
doom 'n gloom posts from Mr Clayton and MM.
Is THAT who you "thank" them for always taking your dumbest baits you set
out, you ungrateful psychopathic serb bitch?
Post by Grikboxxer®™
Post by pensive hamster
The sort of thing I've heard, is that, post-Brexit, GDP might
grow by 6% less by 2030, than it would grow without Brexit.
I find it hard to see that as wholesale hysterical fearmongering.
The sort of thing I've heard is that we're heading for a depression,
beginning on 1st November. Not to mention food shortages, riots in
the streets, and the Army called in to restore order.
That's nothing compared to the clinically insane shit you keep claiming,
like the MI5 can control the minds of people, you clinically insane
psychopathic and pedophilic arsehole!
Post by Grikboxxer®™
Post by pensive hamster
Project Mild Concern, I could accept. Or even, Project Boris
and Nigel are a Bit Dodgy, don't you think?
Well, no.
Well, that's because you ARE an idiot! An internationally acknowledged one!
youngsters 'mature'."
MID: <gKNUE.1374684$***@usenetxs.com>
pensive hamster
2019-08-16 17:55:16 UTC
Post by Grikboxxer®™
Post by Grikboxer®™
Post by pensive hamster
[...]
That's just lazy thinking on your part. Instead of making the
effort to address specific concerns raised by Mr Clayton and
MM (among others), you can just say they are engaging in
"wholesale hysterical fearmongering".

Of course, you are just preaching to the Brexitarian choir, to
whom it is bleedin' obvious that any concerns raised by
Remainers can be dismissed as wholesale hysterical
fearmongering.

Trying to have a discussion with a Brexiteer is like trying to
have a discussion with a Jehovah's Witness.
Post by Grikboxxer®™
Post by pensive hamster
The sort of thing I've heard, is that, post-Brexit, GDP might
grow by 6% less by 2030, than it would grow without Brexit.
I find it hard to see that as wholesale hysterical fearmongering.
The sort of thing I've heard is that we're heading for a depression,
beginning on 1st November. Not to mention food shortages,
Those things could happen, to some degree. Are you in a position
to assure us they won't? It seems only sensible to anticipate
possible problems, and have procedures in place to minimise
possible problems. That's not wholesale hysterical fearmongering.
Post by Grikboxxer®™
riots in the streets,
Nigel Farage is the riots in the streets guy, not Mr Clayton and MM:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/nigel-farage-warns-there-could-be-riots-if-brexit-is-blocked-a3388331.html

Post by Grikboxxer®™
and the Army called in to restore order.
Well, Boris did buy some water cannon.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/263973/UK-riots-92-per-cent-say-bring-in-the-Army
Aug 9, 2011
'UK riots: 92 per cent say bring in the Army

'THE majority of Britons believe the Army should be urgently
deployed to deal with the riots raging out of control across the
country.'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14436499
'Riots in London and around the country saw widespread looting
and buildings set alight.'
Well, no.
Ian Jackson
2019-08-16 18:36:51 UTC
Post by pensive hamster
Trying to have a discussion with a Brexiteer is like trying to
have a discussion with a Jehovah's Witness.
It use to be said that they would quickly lose interest if you said you
were a Jew. These days, a Muslim might be more effective.
Ian
Grikkboxer®™
2019-08-16 19:05:38 UTC
On Fri, 16 Aug 2019 19:36:51 +0100, Ian Jackson
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by pensive hamster
Trying to have a discussion with a Brexiteer is like trying to
have a discussion with a Jehovah's Witness.
It use to be said that they would quickly lose interest if you said you
were a Jew. These days, a Muslim might be more effective.
Or even a Nazi. The Watchtower brigade were one of Hitler's target
groups.
NEMO
2019-08-16 19:19:46 UTC
So where the POLES, Andrzej... and still, you suck Nazi rectum 24/7.
Peeler
2019-08-16 19:35:19 UTC
Well, she's an idiot! ;-)
Peeler
2019-08-16 19:36:56 UTC
On Fri, 16 Aug 2019 12:05:38 -0700, clinically insane, pedophilic, serbian
Post by Grikkboxer®™
Post by Ian Jackson
It use to be said that they would quickly lose interest if you said you
were a Jew. These days, a Muslim might be more effective.
Or even a Nazi. The Watchtower brigade were one of Hitler's target
groups.
He ESPECIALLY targeted the clinically insane, Razovic! You wouldn't have
survived a month in nazi Germany, you ridiculous pedophilic gay nazoid!
Grikkboxer®™
2019-08-16 19:04:20 UTC
On Fri, 16 Aug 2019 10:55:16 -0700 (PDT), pensive hamster
Post by pensive hamster
Post by Grikboxxer®™
Post by Grikboxer®™
Post by pensive hamster
[...]
That's just yet more denial on your part. Instead of trying to
validate the predictions made by Mr Clayton and MM (among others) you
can simply deny that they are engaging in 'wholesale hysterical
fearmongering'.
Post by pensive hamster
Of course, you are just preaching to the Brexitarian choir, to
whom it is bleedin' obvious that any concerns raised by
Remainers can be dismissed as wholesale hysterical
fearmongering.
Of course, you are just preaching to the Remoaning choir, to whom it
it bleedin' obvious that wholesale death and destruction will result
from Brexit.
Post by pensive hamster
Trying to have a discussion with a Brexiteer is like trying to
have a discussion with a Jehovah's Witness.
Trying to have a discussion with a Remoaner is like trying to persuade
a Mormon that there is no God.
Post by pensive hamster
Post by Grikboxxer®™
Post by pensive hamster
The sort of thing I've heard, is that, post-Brexit, GDP might
grow by 6% less by 2030, than it would grow without Brexit.
I find it hard to see that as wholesale hysterical fearmongering.
The sort of thing I've heard is that we're heading for a depression,
beginning on 1st November. Not to mention food shortages,
Those things could happen, to some degree.
To a widespread degree, according to the Project Fear Manifesto.
Post by pensive hamster
Are you in a position
to assure us they won't? It seems only sensible to anticipate
possible problems, and have procedures in place to minimise
possible problems.
Possible problems? You lot are saying it's already started happening!
Post by pensive hamster
That's not wholesale hysterical fearmongering.
Yes, it certainly is.
Post by pensive hamster
Post by Grikboxxer®™
riots in the streets,
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/nigel-farage-warns-there-could-be-riots-if-brexit-is-blocked-a3388331.html
Mr Clayton and MM are saying this will happen if Brexit is *not*
blocked. They even predict a return of the 'Troubles' in Norn Iron.
Post by Grikboxxer®™
and the Army called in to restore order.
Well, Boris did buy some water cannon.
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/263973/UK-riots-92-per-cent-say-bring-in-the-Army
Aug 9, 2011
When he was 'mayor' of London. They've since been decommissioned.
Again 2011...years before the referendum even!
Peeler
2019-08-16 19:38:11 UTC
On Fri, 16 Aug 2019 12:04:20 -0700, clinically insane, pedophilic, serbian
sexual cripple, making an ass of herself as "Grikkboxer®™", farted again:

<FLUSH clinically insane pedophilic nazoid's latest clinically insane
nonsense unread>

...and nothing's left! LOL
Peeler
2019-08-12 15:00:01 UTC
On Mon, 12 Aug 2019 06:07:34 -0700, clinically insane, pedophilic, serbian
Post by Grikboxxer®™
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Grikboxxer®™
And engage in fearmongering, as Remoaners have done.
So it's OK for those who want change to extoll the benefits, but it's
not OK for those who don't want change to caution about the
disadvantages?
It's certainly not OK for those who don't want change to
market/promote wholesale hysterical fearmongering.
You should be thanking the dumbest Remoaners, pedophilic gay Razovic! They
are the ONLY ones that REGULARLY keep taking your absolutely idiotic baits!
Pamela
Brexiteers do have a tendency to exaggerate wildly.
Grikboxer®™
2019-08-11 12:40:30 UTC
On Sun, 11 Aug 2019 02:11:48 -0700 (PDT), "R. Mark Clayton"
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by tim...
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2019/08/10/brexit-breakfast-bacon-will-menu-no-deal-thankfully-sausage/
It's behind a paywall, but the headline is enough
All this scaremongering really annoys me
So, we leave the EU and the Danes are immediately going to stop supplying
their single largest customer (by a mile)
why?
tim
It costs money to rear pigs.
If bacon price rises due to heavy UK import tariffs many Brits will reduce or cease bacon consumption. Danish producers won't rear pigs at a loss and will reduce output.
If the UK lowers tariffs to prevent this Danish imports will be substituted by cheaper US imports (cheaper because of prairie farming in the USA) - as above Danish farmers will not sell at a loss.
In other words, bacon will remain on the menu. Who gives a shit where
it comes from?
They don't eat shit such as 'pork pies' on the mainland.
Peeler
2019-08-11 13:29:08 UTC
On Sun, 11 Aug 2019 05:40:30 -0700, clinically insane, pedophilic, serbian
Post by Grikboxer®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
If the UK lowers tariffs to prevent this Danish imports will be
substituted by cheaper US imports (cheaper because of prairie farming in
the USA) - as above Danish farmers will not sell at a loss.
In other words, bacon will remain on the menu. Who gives a shit where
it comes from?
You shouldn't really look forward to that, serb PIG!
Post by Grikboxer®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Whilst the 50 Million English would be a great loss of custom to Denmark,
there are ~500 Million other EU citizens many of whom eat pork products.
Maybe the Danes will start making pork pies for Europe to replace UK
ones priced out of Europe by tariffs, costly compliance and burdensome
customs' procedures...
They don't eat shit such as 'pork pies' on the mainland.
They will, if the Danes, together with the EU, plan to introduce those
there. The EU as a whole will ALWAYS find several solutions because the huge
market offers so many more possibilities to arrange things. For the UK it
will all be much more difficult to adapt to unexpected changes, you
instigating serb pig!
R. Mark Clayton
2019-08-11 15:49:38 UTC
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by tim...
[...]
Many people care about animal welfare even though they eat meat. In addition many people don't want GM, antibiotic treated, hormone laced, bleached meat from the USA.

The same people who buy free range eggs - now more than half UK production.
Post by Grikboxer®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Whilst the 50 Million English would be a great loss of custom to Denmark, there are ~500 Million other EU citizens many of whom eat pork products. Maybe the Danes will start making pork pies for Europe to replace UK ones priced out of Europe by tariffs, costly compliance and burdensome customs' procedures...
They don't eat shit such as 'pork pies' on the mainland.
The do eat a LOT of sausages - e.g. Danish Salami - raw pork cuts, other processed pork products and there are ten times as many consumers, so the loss of the UK market won't hurt a small EU country like Denmark too much.

It will hurt Ireland, hence their government digging their heels in to keep free trade over the border with the UK.
Grikboxer®™
2019-08-11 16:39:23 UTC
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by tim...
[...]
The proletariat won't give a shit. And that is the bulk of the buying
population.
Post by R. Mark Clayton
The same people who buy free range eggs - now more than half UK production.
Free range eggs are a scam...especially commerical 'free range' eggs
on a scale large enough to make up half of UK production.
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grikboxer®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Whilst the 50 Million English would be a great loss of custom to Denmark, there are ~500 Million other EU citizens many of whom eat pork products. Maybe the Danes will start making pork pies for Europe to replace UK ones priced out of Europe by tariffs, costly compliance and burdensome customs' procedures...
They don't eat shit such as 'pork pies' on the mainland.
The do eat a LOT of sausages - e.g. Danish Salami - raw pork cuts, other processed pork products and there are ten times as many consumers, so the loss of the UK market won't hurt a small EU country like Denmark too much.
So what's the problem?
Who gives a shit about Ireland?
R. Mark Clayton
2019-08-11 17:16:06 UTC
Post by R. Mark Clayton
The same people who buy free range eggs - now more than half UK production.
Free range eggs are a scam...especially commerical 'free range' eggs
on a scale large enough to make up half of UK production.
Scam or not more than half the eggs sold are free range and people pay a lot more for them. Kind of undermines your comment about who are the bulk of the buying population.
Post by Grikboxer®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grikboxer®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Whilst the 50 Million English would be a great loss of custom to Denmark, there are ~500 Million other EU citizens many of whom eat pork products. Maybe the Danes will start making pork pies for Europe to replace UK ones priced out of Europe by tariffs, costly compliance and burdensome customs' procedures...
They don't eat shit such as 'pork pies' on the mainland.
The do eat a LOT of sausages - e.g. Danish Salami - raw pork cuts, other processed pork products and there are ten times as many consumers, so the loss of the UK market won't hurt a small EU country like Denmark too much.
So what's the problem?
The problem is in the UK, not Denmark, although they will suffer short term losses for pigs fattening now.
The EU Parliament.
Grikboxer®™
2019-08-11 17:25:26 UTC
Post by R. Mark Clayton
The same people who buy free range eggs - now more than half UK production.
Free range eggs are a scam...especially commerical 'free range' eggs
on a scale large enough to make up half of UK production.
Scam or not more than half the eggs sold are free range and people pay a lot more for them. Kind of undermines your comment about who are the bulk of the buying population.
Not really. So-called commercial 'free range' eggs are mostly regular
battery hen eggs with 'free range' labels.

Where do you get your numbers from anyway?
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grikboxer®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grikboxer®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Whilst the 50 Million English would be a great loss of custom to Denmark, there are ~500 Million other EU citizens many of whom eat pork products. Maybe the Danes will start making pork pies for Europe to replace UK ones priced out of Europe by tariffs, costly compliance and burdensome customs' procedures...
They don't eat shit such as 'pork pies' on the mainland.
The do eat a LOT of sausages - e.g. Danish Salami - raw pork cuts, other processed pork products and there are ten times as many consumers, so the loss of the UK market won't hurt a small EU country like Denmark too much.
So what's the problem?
The problem is in the UK, not Denmark, although they will suffer short term losses for pigs fattening now.
Again, what's the problem? If UK pig farming becomes unprofitable,
let them do something else.
Including all the Brexit Party MEPs?
Peeler
2019-08-11 17:56:27 UTC
On Sun, 11 Aug 2019 10:25:26 -0700, clinically insane, pedophilic, serbian
sexual cripple, making an ass of herself as "Grikboxer®™", farted again:

<FLUSH yet more of the never-ending psychopathic bullshit>

...and nothing's left, as usual! LOL
R. Mark Clayton
2019-08-11 19:28:42 UTC
Post by R. Mark Clayton
The same people who buy free range eggs - now more than half UK production.
Free range eggs are a scam...especially commerical 'free range' eggs
on a scale large enough to make up half of UK production.
Scam or not more than half the eggs sold are free range and people pay a lot more for them. Kind of undermines your comment about who are the bulk of the buying population.
Not really. So-called commercial 'free range' eggs are mostly regular
battery hen eggs with 'free range' labels.
Maybe the organic ones.
Post by Grikboxer®™
Where do you get your numbers from anyway?
DEFRA, less than a fortnight old.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/822349/eggs-statsnotice-01aug19.pdf
Post by Grikboxer®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grikboxer®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grikboxer®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
It will hurt Ireland, hence their government digging their heels in to keep free trade over the border with the UK.
Who gives a shit about Ireland?
The EU Parliament.
Including all the Brexit Party MEPs?
<5% and outnumbered by LD, Alliance, SF and Irish MEP's

The big countries (F, D, I etc.) don't want to see the UK win out and the small ones don't want to see Ireland get bullied by the UK.
Grikboxer®™
2019-08-11 19:45:00 UTC
Post by R. Mark Clayton
The same people who buy free range eggs - now more than half UK production.
Free range eggs are a scam...especially commerical 'free range' eggs
on a scale large enough to make up half of UK production.
Scam or not more than half the eggs sold are free range and people pay a lot more for them. Kind of undermines your comment about who are the bulk of the buying population.
Not really. So-called commercial 'free range' eggs are mostly regular
battery hen eggs with 'free range' labels.
Maybe the organic ones.
Organic is an even bigger scam than free range. You can't do organic
or free range on any kind of scale.
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grikboxer®™
Where do you get your numbers from anyway?
DEFRA, less than a fortnight old.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/822349/eggs-statsnotice-01aug19.pdf
Yebbut what about all the imported eggs? What percentage of UK
consumption do they represent?
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grikboxer®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grikboxer®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grikboxer®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
It will hurt Ireland, hence their government digging their heels in to keep free trade over the border with the UK.
Who gives a shit about Ireland?
The EU Parliament.
Including all the Brexit Party MEPs?
<5% and outnumbered by LD, Alliance, SF and Irish MEP's
The big countries (F, D, I etc.) don't want to see the UK win out and the small ones don't want to see Ireland get bullied by the UK.
Bullied? Oh, boo hoo. They're a grown up country. They should get
over it.
Peeler
2019-08-11 20:04:31 UTC
On Sun, 11 Aug 2019 12:45:00 -0700, clinically insane, pedophilic, serbian
Post by Grikboxer®™
Bullied? Oh, boo hoo. They're a grown up country. They should get
over it.
That Remoaner Googletard STILL doesn't get what's wrong with you, eh,
pedophilic psychopath! The mind just boggles! LOL
tim...
2019-08-12 07:55:07 UTC
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grikboxer®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grikboxer®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grikboxer®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
It will hurt Ireland, hence their government digging their heels in
to keep free trade over the border with the UK.
Who gives a shit about Ireland?
The EU Parliament.
Including all the Brexit Party MEPs?
<5% and outnumbered by LD, Alliance, SF and Irish MEP's
The big countries (F, D, I etc.) don't want to see the UK win out and the
small ones don't want to see Ireland get bullied by the UK.
who's bulling Ireland FFS

tim
Peeler
2019-08-11 17:55:12 UTC
On Sun, 11 Aug 2019 09:39:23 -0700, clinically insane, pedophilic, serbian
Post by Grikboxer®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Many people care about animal welfare even though they eat meat. In
addition many people don't want GM, antibiotic treated, hormone laced,
bleached meat from the USA.
The proletariat won't give a shit.
Of course, they do! Catering to the "proletariat's" new culinary wishes has
become an important section of every economy, psychopathic pedophile!

<FLUSH the rest of your usual psychopathic bullshit unread again>
Norman Wells
2019-08-11 17:53:07 UTC
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by tim...
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2019/08/10/brexit-breakfast-bacon-will-menu-no-deal-thankfully-sausage/
It's behind a paywall, but the headline is enough
All this scaremongering really annoys me
So, we leave the EU and the Danes are immediately going to stop supplying
their single largest customer (by a mile)
why?
tim
It costs money to rear pigs.
If bacon price rises due to heavy UK import tariffs many Brits will reduce or cease bacon consumption. Danish producers won't rear pigs at a loss and will reduce output.
The import tariff on bacon sides and spencers (don't ask) in the event
of a no-deal Brexit will be a massive €9 per 100kg.

See page 863 of:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/785939/Tariff_Reference_Document_13_March_2019.pdf

I don't know how much you eat of the stuff, but I really don't think you
need to be too concerned.

"The Government finally published its schedule of no deal import tariff
rates on Wednesday ...

Analysis by AHDB shows that while tariffs on most pig meat products
would remain in place, they would be reduced to around 13% of the
current rate the EU applies to non-EU countries. Rates vary depending on
cuts. The tariffs are applied on a per kg basis, but are higher for more
valuable goods.

Based on the breakdown of products the UK imported last year, and their
average, the tariffs equate to around 4-5% of the price of pork, bacon
and ham imports"

http://www.npa-uk.org.uk/What_the_Governments_no_deal_tariff_regime_means_for_the_pig_sector.html

Do stop scaremongering about the collapse of industry.

Look at the facts for once.
R. Mark Clayton
2019-08-11 19:35:21 UTC
Post by Norman Wells
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by tim...
[...]
Gosh Norman an actual fact for once - I bow to your better Googling.
I will this time - will you ever?
Norman Wells
2019-08-11 21:23:36 UTC
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Norman Wells
Post by Norman Wells
"The Government finally published its schedule of no deal import tariff
rates on Wednesday ...
Analysis by AHDB shows that while tariffs on most pig meat products
would remain in place, they would be reduced to around 13% of the
current rate the EU applies to non-EU countries. Rates vary depending on
cuts. The tariffs are applied on a per kg basis, but are higher for more
valuable goods.
Based on the breakdown of products the UK imported last year, and their
average, the tariffs equate to around 4-5% of the price of pork, bacon
and ham imports"
http://www.npa-uk.org.uk/What_the_Governments_no_deal_tariff_regime_means_for_the_pig_sector.html
Do stop scaremongering about the collapse of industry.
Look at the facts for once.
I will this time - will you ever?
I always do. That's why I can prove you wrong so often.