Tory MP exonerated
2019-09-09 08:51:57 UTC
Well, sort of...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/sep/08/tory-mp-andrew-griffiths-cleared-of-wrongdoing-for-sending-explicit-texts

A Conservative MP who bombarded two young women with lewd text messages
has been cleared of wrongdoing by the parliamentary standards watchdog.

Andrew Griffiths, 48, a married father, resigned as minister for small
business last July after it was revealed he had sent 2,000 sexual texts
to Imogen Treharne, a barmaid, and her friend in just 21 days, weeks
after the birth of his first child.

The watchdog said it had not found evidence that the Burton and
Uttoxeter MP sent the messages while engaged in parliamentary activities
and allegations that he breached the House of Commons code of conduct
were not upheld.

Griffiths is said to have bombarded Treharne, 28, and her friend with
messages in which he referred to himself as “Daddy” and asked for
explicit photos. A resolution letter said: “Mr Griffiths’ conduct has
undoubtedly damaged his own reputation, as well as his health and family
relationships. However damaging these events have been for Mr Griffths
personally, I am not persuaded that the texts he exchanged with the two
women have caused significant damage to the reputation of the House of
Commons as a whole, or of its Members generally.”

Griffiths said: “I’m grateful to the commissioner for dismissing this
complaint. She has confirmed that I was suffering from a mental
health-related breakdown at the time which led to my actions".
The Todal
2019-09-09 08:56:53 UTC
[...]
Maybe Boris will play the "mental health-related breakdown" card, when
he's taken to court for refusing to seek an extension thereby breaking
the law.
Norman Wells
2019-09-09 09:28:26 UTC
Griffiths said: “I’m grateful to the commissioner for dismissing this
complaint. She has confirmed that I was suffering from a mental
health-related breakdown at the time which led to my actions".
Maybe Boris will play the "mental health-related breakdown" card, when
he's taken to court for refusing to seek an extension thereby breaking
the law.
You're jumping the gun a bit there, I think.

He hasn't broken any law. It's very unlikely that he will.
Pamela
2019-09-09 11:53:36 UTC
Post by Norman Wells
Post by The Todal
Griffiths said: I'm grateful to the commissioner for dismissing
this complaint. She has confirmed that I was suffering from a mental
health-related breakdown at the time which led to my actions".
Maybe Boris will play the "mental health-related breakdown" card, when
he's taken to court for refusing to seek an extension thereby breaking
the law.
You're jumping the gun a bit there, I think.
He hasn't broken any law. It's very unlikely that he will.
You think Boris will capitulate and send the letter as required by the Bill
before the Commons today?

Only yesterday, lickspittle Sajid Javid was telling Andrew Marr how Boris
would not send the letter and yet at the same time would not break the law.

This is masterful cognitive dissonance -- on a level practised by Donald
Trump and his toadies like vice president Mike Pence.

It's best not to try and understand Javid's comments as a pair of rational
statements but as mindless squirming similar to Boris's wackadoodle comments
to Andrew Marr about Gatt 24 5(c) in a July program.

This is becoming pure entertainment! Pass the popcorn.
Norman Wells
2019-09-09 12:48:26 UTC
Post by Pamela
Post by Norman Wells
Post by The Todal
Maybe Boris will play the "mental health-related breakdown" card, when
he's taken to court for refusing to seek an extension thereby breaking
the law.
You're jumping the gun a bit there, I think.
He hasn't broken any law. It's very unlikely that he will.
You think Boris will capitulate and send the letter as required by the Bill
before the Commons today?
He's got until October 19 before he apparently has to send it. Plenty
of time to find ways round, if he hasn't already.
No, it's just masterful strategy, and way above your head.
The Todal
2019-09-09 21:26:29 UTC
Post by Pamela
Post by Norman Wells
Post by The Todal
Maybe Boris will play the "mental health-related breakdown" card, when
he's taken to court for refusing to seek an extension thereby breaking
the law.
You're jumping the gun a bit there, I think.
He hasn't broken any law.  It's very unlikely that he will.
You think Boris will capitulate and send the letter as required by the Bill
before the Commons today?
He's got until October 19 before he apparently has to send it.  Plenty
of time to find ways round, if he hasn't already.
He's probably taking legal advice from Dominic Cummings, the brilliant
constitutional lawyer. That should ensure that Boris ends up in prison.
Post by Pamela
Only yesterday, lickspittle Sajid Javid was telling Andrew Marr how Boris
would not send the letter and yet at the same time would not break the law.
This is masterful cognitive dissonance
No, it's just masterful strategy, and way above your head.
Masterful strategy which included sending the letter followed by another
letter saying "we don't really want an extension, please ignore the last
letter".
Norman Wells
2019-09-09 21:42:57 UTC
Post by Pamela
Post by Norman Wells
Post by The Todal
Maybe Boris will play the "mental health-related breakdown" card, when
he's taken to court for refusing to seek an extension thereby breaking
the law.
You're jumping the gun a bit there, I think.
He hasn't broken any law.  It's very unlikely that he will.
You think Boris will capitulate and send the letter as required by the Bill
before the Commons today?
He's got until October 19 before he apparently has to send it.  Plenty
of time to find ways round, if he hasn't already.
He's probably taking legal advice from Dominic Cummings, the brilliant
constitutional lawyer. That should ensure that Boris ends up in prison.
Don't be silly. Cummings is a thinker and Boris's strategic advisor.
Boris will have access to a lot of legal advice too.
Post by The Todal
Post by Pamela
Only yesterday, lickspittle Sajid Javid was telling Andrew Marr how Boris
would not send the letter and yet at the same time would not break the law.
This is masterful cognitive dissonance
No, it's just masterful strategy, and way above your head.
Masterful strategy which included sending the letter followed by another
letter saying "we don't really want an extension, please ignore the last
letter".
If it works, that would indeed be masterful. Why not?

A few private phone calls could do the same, but less overtly.

I've suggested another way. If it works, that could be considered
masterful too.

Other masterful ways may emerge over the next 5 weeks or so. That's
plenty of time to wargame all the options.
Pamela
2019-09-09 21:48:05 UTC
Post by Norman Wells
Post by The Todal
Post by Pamela
Post by The Todal
Post by Pamela
Only yesterday, lickspittle Sajid Javid was telling Andrew Marr how
Boris would not send the letter and yet at the same time would not
break the law.
This is masterful cognitive dissonance
No, it's just masterful strategy, and way above your head.
Masterful strategy which included sending the letter followed by
another letter saying "we don't really want an extension, please ignore
the last letter".
If it works, that would indeed be masterful. Why not?
A few private phone calls could do the same, but less overtly.
I've suggested another way. If it works, that could be considered
masterful too.
Other masterful ways may emerge over the next 5 weeks or so. That's
plenty of time to wargame all the options.
Everything Boris tried has blown up in his face. If it wasn't enough to
lose every vote, he also made himself a lame duck. That's not a
"masterful strategy". Not even by devoted war-gamer Dominic Cummings' low
standards.

It's been like watching Beppo the Clown, except at the circus it's not
free.

In later years little children will thank Boris for his dramatic morality
tale. Don't forget kids, the bad men get stopped and the worst ones go to
jail.
Pamela
2019-09-10 08:35:26 UTC
Post by Norman Wells
Post by Pamela
Post by Pamela
Only yesterday, lickspittle Sajid Javid was telling Andrew Marr how
Boris would not send the letter and yet at the same time would not
break the law.
This is masterful cognitive dissonance
No, it's just masterful strategy, and way above your head.
Everything Boris tried has blown up in his face. If it wasn't enough to
lose every vote, he also made himself a lame duck. That's not a
"masterful strategy".

It's been like watching Beppo the Clown, except at the circus you have to
pay. However this entertainment comes free.

Little children will in later years thank him for his dramatic morality
tale. Don't forget kids, the bad men get stopped and some go to jail.
Norman Wells
2019-09-10 08:46:32 UTC
Post by Pamela
Post by Norman Wells
Post by Pamela
Post by Pamela
Only yesterday, lickspittle Sajid Javid was telling Andrew Marr how
Boris would not send the letter and yet at the same time would not
break the law.
This is masterful cognitive dissonance
No, it's just masterful strategy, and way above your head.
Everything Boris tried has blown up in his face. If it wasn't enough to
lose every vote, he also made himself a lame duck. That's not a
"masterful strategy".
See, I told you it was way above your head.

It's so far above your head in fact you can't see it.
Pamela
2019-09-10 08:58:29 UTC
Post by Norman Wells
Post by Pamela
Post by Norman Wells
Post by Pamela
Post by Pamela
Only yesterday, lickspittle Sajid Javid was telling Andrew Marr how
Boris would not send the letter and yet at the same time would not
break the law.
This is masterful cognitive dissonance
No, it's just masterful strategy, and way above your head.
Everything Boris tried has blown up in his face. If it wasn't enough
to lose every vote, he also made himself a lame duck. That's not a
"masterful strategy".
See, I told you it was way above your head.
It's so far above your head in fact you can't see it.
Let's hope Boris delivers many more clown-like "masterful strategies"
because I haven't had such a good laugh in ages.

Coming up: Boris kowtowing to the EU whilst he pleads for some deal to
take back to Westminster to save his political career. After that, Boris
will have to sell his border compromise to Northern Ireland and the
Republic.

If I've got it wrong then perhaps you can explain exactly what else you
mean by "masterful strategy".
Pancho
2019-09-10 09:06:39 UTC
Post by Pamela
Post by Norman Wells
Post by Pamela
Post by Norman Wells
Post by Pamela
Post by Pamela
Only yesterday, lickspittle Sajid Javid was telling Andrew Marr how
Boris would not send the letter and yet at the same time would not
break the law.
This is masterful cognitive dissonance
No, it's just masterful strategy, and way above your head.
Everything Boris tried has blown up in his face. If it wasn't enough
to lose every vote, he also made himself a lame duck. That's not a
"masterful strategy".
See, I told you it was way above your head.
It's so far above your head in fact you can't see it.
Let's hope Boris delivers many more clown-like "masterful strategies"
because I haven't had such a good laugh in ages.
The problem is that the public love clowns.
Post by Pamela
Coming up: Boris kowtowing to the EU whilst he pleads for some deal to
take back to Westminster to save his political career. After that, Boris
will have to sell his border compromise to Northern Ireland and the
Republic.
Boris doesn't care about a deal.
Post by Pamela
If I've got it wrong then perhaps you can explain exactly what else you
mean by "masterful strategy".
Convince the public he is a cool dude, win a GE.

I'm quite impressed with Corbyn on this one. I hadn't considered that he
would refuse a GE. The longer Boris remains in power the more likely it
is that the public will tire of the novelty clown act.
Pamela
2019-09-10 09:22:10 UTC
Post by Pancho
Post by Pamela
Post by Norman Wells
Post by Pamela
Post by Norman Wells
Post by Pamela
Post by Pamela
Only yesterday, lickspittle Sajid Javid was telling Andrew Marr how
Boris would not send the letter and yet at the same time would not
break the law.
This is masterful cognitive dissonance
No, it's just masterful strategy, and way above your head.
Everything Boris tried has blown up in his face. If it wasn't enough
to lose every vote, he also made himself a lame duck. That's not a
"masterful strategy".
See, I told you it was way above your head.
It's so far above your head in fact you can't see it.
Let's hope Boris delivers many more clown-like "masterful strategies"
because I haven't had such a good laugh in ages.
The problem is that the public love clowns.
Very true and Boris's standing with the public is better than expected.
However that may change quickly enough when voters realise how Boris has
been trying to dupe them and implement austerity No Deal.
Post by Pancho
Post by Pamela
Coming up: Boris kowtowing to the EU whilst he pleads for some deal to
take back to Westminster to save his political career. After that,
Boris will have to sell his border compromise to Northern Ireland and
the Republic.
Boris doesn't care about a deal.
Boris cares only about himself. He has now been blocked from exiting with
No Deal on 31st October. To save face, Boris needs to exit on that date.
He knows if he doesn't do a deal before that date, Parliament will force
him to do it afterwards.

In the interests of self-preservation (which is always paramount to Boris)
he'll probably fudge some sort of deal with the EU and then proclaim he
delivered Brexit within his promised deadline.
Post by Pancho
Post by Pamela
If I've got it wrong then perhaps you can explain exactly what else you
mean by "masterful strategy".
Convince the public he is a cool dude, win a GE.
I'm quite impressed with Corbyn on this one. I hadn't considered that he
would refuse a GE. The longer Boris remains in power the more likely it
is that the public will tire of the novelty clown act.
Boris is not known as a good administrator. The longer Boris remains in
power, the sooner the public will see his incompetence and also the
falsity of his spending promises. What's more, the chaos of the aftermath
of Brexit will rub off on him.

Boris is in a pickle although he's lucky to have such a weak opponent in
Corbyn.
Norman Wells
2019-09-10 09:26:39 UTC
Post by Pamela
If I've got it wrong then perhaps you can explain exactly what else you
mean by "masterful strategy".
Convince the public he is a cool dude, win a GE.
I'm quite impressed with Corbyn on this one. I hadn't considered that he
would refuse a GE. The longer Boris remains in power the more likely it
is that the public will tire of the novelty clown act.
But not of Corbyn the Leaver's pathetic attempts to convince the public
that he was really a Remainer all along and fully supports his party's
reverse ferret on its manifesto pledge to leave the EU?

And that his blocking of a general election, more than once, which
everyone knows we need, is not running scared of democracy, Boris and
the electorate?
Ian Jackson
2019-09-10 09:37:07 UTC
The longer Boris remains in power the more likely it is that the public
will tire of the novelty clown act.
He's riding high in the opinion polls at the moment. No one can fail to
approve of all good things that he's been promising us since he became
PM (even though most of them are simply making good the damage of the
last two Tory administrations - and Gord know how we're going to pay for
them without more taxes). There are also lots of Brexit supporters who
still believe him - or know full well that they are being lied to, and
love it. But how long his present popularity will last will depend
critically on what happens at the start of November.
Ian
Norman Wells
2019-09-10 09:18:52 UTC
Post by Pamela
Post by Norman Wells
Post by Pamela
Post by Norman Wells
Post by Pamela
Post by Pamela
[...]
I'm afraid you'll have to wait and see. It can't be revealed in
advance, you see.
Pamela
2019-09-10 11:45:40 UTC
Post by Norman Wells
Post by Pamela
Post by Norman Wells
Post by Pamela
Post by Norman Wells
Post by Pamela
Post by Pamela
[...]
I'll ask you once again, what is Boris's masterful strategy you refer to?

Is there a problem in explaining what you know?
Norman Wells
2019-09-10 16:12:52 UTC
Post by Pamela
Post by Norman Wells
Post by Pamela
Post by Norman Wells
Post by Pamela
Post by Norman Wells
Post by Pamela
[...]
I'm afraid there's always a problem explaining anything to you, as we've
recently seen here with the majority required in a no confidence vote.
You see, your English just doesn't seem up to understanding plain words,
and your brain doesn't understand logic.

That makes trying a little pointless.
Pamela
2019-09-10 18:20:42 UTC
Post by Norman Wells
Post by Pamela
Post by Norman Wells
Post by Pamela
Post by Norman Wells
Post by Pamela
Post by Norman Wells
Post by Pamela
[...]
Your inability to explain Boris's "masterful strategy" or even demonstrate
its existence has been noted.
Norman Wells
Not by anyone with a brain though.
Pamela
Repeated evasion noted.
Pamela
2019-09-12 22:47:20 UTC
Post by Pamela
Post by Norman Wells
Post by Pamela
Post by Norman Wells
Post by Pamela
Post by Norman Wells
Post by Pamela
Post by Norman Wells
Post by Pamela
Post by Norman Wells
Post by Pamela
[...]
Norman, please provide a link to where I can read more about Boris's
"masterful strategy" that you mentioned.

R. Mark Clayton
Well how could he have sent them texts unless they gave him their numbers?
Pancho
2019-09-09 12:09:51 UTC
[...]
And why didn't they just block his number? It is an easy problem to deal
with.

Meanwhile in the real world people are bullied, insulted and intimidated
and nothing is done. You can't just block people in real life.

Also in the cyber world we get constant spam and fraudulent calls and
yet little effort is made to block them. You know: your internet
connection is going to be disconnected, do you want your oven cleaned,
you have recently been involved in an accident.

It seems authorities prefer to concentrate on trivial problems they have
strong evidence for, rather than try to tackle serious problems that
would require a little bit of work.
GB
2019-09-09 17:51:46 UTC
I am not persuaded that the texts he exchanged with the two
women ...
Isn't that the key word, 'exchanged'? He may have sent 2000 texts (which
seems an awful lot!) but it doesn't appear to have been unreciprocated.
Given that, who complained, and why?
Grikbaster®™
Given that you're just a jew, what's it to you?
Tall Henry
2019-09-09 18:19:30 UTC
Given that you're just a polack, what's it to you?
TSSK!
Peeler
2019-09-09 19:31:30 UTC
On Mon, 09 Sep 2019 11:18:23 -0700, clinically insane, pedophilic, serbian
Post by Grikbaster®™
Post by GB
Isn't that the key word, 'exchanged'? He may have sent 2000 texts (which
seems an awful lot!) but it doesn't appear to have been unreciprocated.
Given that, who complained, and why?
Given that you're just a jew, what's it to you?
Given that you are just a sick psychopathic pedophile, what is your
"comment" to anyone, dreckserb Razovic?
being widely accepted."
MID: <rlMUE.676067$***@usenetxs.com>