Car part factories - shut up and ship out before Brexit
2018-11-07 13:02:37 UTC
https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-schaeffler/german-auto-parts-maker-schaeffler-to-close-two-uk-factories-idUKKCN1NB1IG

Expect to see more of this in the next few months and probably the odd car factory / production line being wound down, dismantled and dispatched to the EU.
BurfordTJustice

EU.
Joe
2018-11-07 14:23:49 UTC
On Wed, 7 Nov 2018 08:46:22 -0500
Post by BurfordTJustice
So if Brxit ever happens you will be moving to the main land?
Where exactly.
https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-schaeffler/german-auto-parts-maker-schaeffler-to-close-two-uk-factories-idUKKCN1NB1IG
: Expect to see more of this in the next few months and probably the
odd car factory / production line being wound down, dismantled and
dispatched to the EU.
Because, after all, the British don't buy or drive cars.
Joe
R. Mark Clayton
2018-11-07 16:22:18 UTC
Post by Joe
On Wed, 7 Nov 2018 08:46:22 -0500
Post by BurfordTJustice
So if Brxit ever happens you will be moving to the main land?
Where exactly.
https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-schaeffler/german-auto-parts-maker-schaeffler-to-close-two-uk-factories-idUKKCN1NB1IG
: Expect to see more of this in the next few months and probably the
odd car factory / production line being wound down, dismantled and
dispatched to the EU.
Because, after all, the British don't buy or drive cars.
Not as many as we make, and nearly half of those are exported to the EU.
Post by Joe
Joe
BurfordTJustice
2018-11-07 21:26:39 UTC
"R. Mark Clayton" <***@gmail.com> wrote in message news:85cf34e6-6569-4148-bb5a-***@googlegroups.com...
: On Wednesday, 7 November 2018 14:23:51 UTC, Joe wrote:
: > On Wed, 7 Nov 2018 08:46:22 -0500
: > "BurfordTJustice" <burford/***@uk.MI15> wrote:
: >
: > > So if Brxit ever happens you will be moving to the main land?
: > >
: > > Where exactly.
: > > "R. Mark Clayton" <***@gmail.com> wrote in message
: > > news:69f2c06e-089a-4f0a-959f-***@googlegroups.com...
: > > :
: > >
https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-schaeffler/german-auto-parts-maker-schaeffler-to-close-two-uk-factories-idUKKCN1NB1IG
: > > :
: > > : Expect to see more of this in the next few months and probably the
: > > odd car factory / production line being wound down, dismantled and
: > > dispatched to the EU.
: >
: > Because, after all, the British don't buy or drive cars.
:
: Not as many as we make, and nearly half of those are exported to the EU.
:
: >
: > --
: > Joe
:
Rod Speed
2018-11-07 18:25:56 UTC
Post by Joe
On Wed, 7 Nov 2018 08:46:22 -0500
Post by BurfordTJustice
So if Brxit ever happens you will be moving to the main land?
Where exactly.
https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-schaeffler/german-auto-parts-maker-schaeffler-to-close-two-uk-factories-idUKKCN1NB1IG
: Expect to see more of this in the next few months and probably the
odd car factory / production line being wound down, dismantled and
dispatched to the EU.
Because, after all, the British don't buy or drive cars.
Actually because there are some car factorys there
so the Japs can pretend to manufacture in the EU
and they wont be able to do that post BRexit.
They arent there because the poms buy cars.
The poms mostly buy kraut and frog cars now.
The Peeler
2018-11-07 19:40:01 UTC
On Thu, 8 Nov 2018 05:25:56 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Joe
Post by BurfordTJustice
: Expect to see more of this in the next few months and probably the
odd car factory / production line being wound down, dismantled and
dispatched to the EU.
Because, after all, the British don't buy or drive cars.
Actually because there are some car factorys there
so the Japs can pretend to manufacture in the EU
and they wont be able to do that post BRexit.
They arent there because the poms buy cars.
The poms mostly buy kraut and frog cars now.
Source? ...other than your psychotic senile head, senile Rot?
--
Marland addressing bullshitting senile Rot:
"Stay in your wet paper bag you thick twit."
MID: <***@mid.individual.net>
2018-11-07 22:46:02 UTC
On Wed, 7 Nov 2018 20:40:01 +0100, The Foreskin Peeler
<***@my.invalid.Grik.anus> wrote:

[FLUHS Grik skata]

Watch, it anus!

FOUND, another stalkee anus?

Well, DONE anus!

LOLOK

2018-11-07 23:11:17 UTC
On Wed, 07 Nov 2018 14:46:02 -0800, jew pedophile Ron Jacobson (jew
On Wed, 7 Nov 2018 20:40:01 +0100, The Foreskin Peeler
[FLUHS Grik skata]
Watch, it anus!
FOUND, another stalkee anus?
Well, DONE anus!
LOLOK
Tough times for you useless senile Usenet trolls, eh, Razovic, my favourite
senile punching bag? LOL
--
Tony about psychopath Razovic:
"You have really made a complete fool out your self but you are too dumb to
MID: <951ce6b3-9c49-4426-ba53-***@googlegroups.com>
BurfordTJustice
2018-11-08 13:25:44 UTC
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Joe
Because, after all, the British don't buy or drive cars.
Actually because there are some car factorys there
so the Japs can pretend to manufacture in the EU
and they wont be able to do that post BRexit.
They arent there because the poms buy cars.
The poms mostly buy kraut and frog cars now.
And there is a strong market for German, French and Swedish cars here in the
UK too which presumably will be adversely affected if we adopt WTO
arrangements if no FTA between the UK and EU.

There is also a question regarding the cost of relocation which would be
considerable, as well as the fact the UK car plants at worst match
productivity levels in continental Europe and at best surpass them.

Michelin the biggest employer in Dundee, has just announced the closure of
its plant there in 2020 with the loss of 850 jobs.

Nothing to do with Brexit. According to the announcement, the reason is the
fall off in demand for sixteen inch tyres which the plant produces together
with the undermining of the market in Europe with cheap tyres manufactured
in the Far East just one of the regions where the UK is going to have to
increasingly focus its global intentions after Brexit.

Investment/location/relocation decisions are not political and are very
involved. What price a Michelin initiative in the Far East being announced
before not too long.

R. Mark Clayton
2018-11-07 16:24:18 UTC
Post by BurfordTJustice
So if Brxit ever happens you will be moving to the main land?
Where exactly.
I expect they will offer jobs to employees at their replacement factory, if they can get visa's.

I am not their employee, so I won't be going.

OTOH I have worked in France (fun) and Belgium (slightly less fun).
EU.
BurfordTJustice

2018-11-08 13:15:08 UTC
Post by BurfordTJustice
So you will not move to the main land if Brexit happens?
No I will stay here and try to get the drawbridge lowered again.
: > EU.
Handsome Jack
2018-11-07 17:12:43 UTC
https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-schaeffler/german-auto-part
s-maker-schaeffler-to-close-two-uk-factories-idUKKCN1NB1IG
Expect to see more of this in the next few months and probably the odd
car factory / production line being wound down, dismantled and
dispatched to the EU.
"Brexit is clearly not the single decisive factor behind our
decision-making for the UK market", Juergen Ziegler, Schaeffler’s
manager responsible for Europe, said in a statement.
Jack
BurfordTJustice