Parking
r***@gmail.com
2019-11-04 07:59:57 UTC
I park the car in a parking zone where I says
Mon - Sat
8 am - 6.30 pm
Max stay 2 hours no return within 2 hours

I thought it's free on Sunday and did not pay, but when I return found a penalty charge for 'parked without clearly displaying a valid pay & display ticket or voucher
nightjar
2019-11-04 09:16:10 UTC
Post by r***@gmail.com
I park the car in a parking zone where I says
Mon - Sat
8 am - 6.30 pm
Max stay 2 hours no return within 2 hours
I thought it's free on Sunday and did not pay, but when I return found a penalty charge for 'parked without clearly displaying a valid pay & display ticket or voucher
A picture of the actual sign would be useful.
Colin Bignell
r***@gmail.com
2019-11-04 09:33:16 UTC
I have got the picture but dont know how attached here
The Marquis Saint Evremonde
2019-11-04 11:54:18 UTC
Post by r***@gmail.com
I have got the picture but dont know how attached here
If it says exactly what you quoted, and no more, one would certainly
expect it to be free on Sunday.
Evremonde
Ian Jackson
2019-11-04 13:09:43 UTC
Post by The Marquis Saint Evremonde
Post by r***@gmail.com
I have got the picture but dont know how attached here
If it says exactly what you quoted, and no more, one would certainly
expect it to be free on Sunday.
Some carparks let you have one hour free, but you still have to get and
display a 'free' ticket.

Some only start charging after the free hour - but with others, if you
want to stay longer than one hour, you need to get and display a ticket
for the total time (and you sometimes pay quite a lot pro rata for that
second hour).

I can't say I've ever seen a carpark that makes you display a
(presumably) free ticket outside the indicated charging period. However,
there are a couple 'free first hour' carparks near me, and next time I'm
there I'll take a closer look at the small print on the notice.

Be aware that most carparks still change on public and bank holidays.
Ian
nightjar
2019-11-04 17:06:15 UTC
Post by r***@gmail.com
I have got the picture but dont know how attached here
If it says exactly what you quoted, and no more, one would certainly
expect it to be free on Sunday.
Which is why I suggested a picture. There have been instances in the
past of parking signs being quite confusing and misinterpreted.
Colin Bignell
nightjar
2019-11-04 17:04:16 UTC
Post by r***@gmail.com
I have got the picture but dont know how attached here
Post it on an image web site and provided a link here.
Colin Bignell
r***@gmail.com
2019-11-04 17:16:02 UTC
https://www.facebook.com/678174248/posts/10156605160249249/
The Marquis Saint Evremonde
2019-11-04 17:35:11 UTC
Post by r***@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/678174248/posts/10156605160249249/
You forgot to mention the "On event days ..." bit. Was it an event day?
Evremonde
r***@gmail.com
2019-11-04 17:46:25 UTC
No it was yesterday, Sunday
Yellow
2019-11-04 19:26:46 UTC
Post by r***@gmail.com
No it was yesterday, Sunday
But was there a local event on that day? Sundays of course is often when
an 'event' would happen.
Fredxx
2019-11-04 19:07:19 UTC
Post by r***@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/678174248/posts/10156605160249249/
You forgot to mention the "On event days ..." bit.  Was it an event day?
Even if it was, without some means of drawing to attention to the
'event' I wouldn't think it counts.

Plus the fact it could also imply an event "Mon-Sat".

Either way the sign is ambiguous and so there should be no enforceable
penalty charge for Sunday parking.
The Marquis Saint Evremonde
2019-11-04 19:28:38 UTC
Post by Fredxx
Post by r***@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/678174248/posts/10156605160249249/
You forgot to mention the "On event days ..." bit.  Was it an event day?
Even if it was, without some means of drawing to attention to the
'event' I wouldn't think it counts.
Perhaps there was such a means. We await the OP's clarification.
Post by Fredxx
Plus the fact it could also imply an event "Mon-Sat".
It could, but then the more stringent "On event days" condition could be
taken to apply.
Post by Fredxx
Either way the sign is ambiguous
No; *one* way (on Mon-Sat on an event day) the sign is slightly
ambiguous. More likely event days only happen on Sundays so there is no
ambiguity.
Evremonde
Yellow
2019-11-04 19:54:53 UTC
On Mon, 4 Nov 2019 19:28:38 +0000 The Marquis Saint Evremonde
Post by Fredxx
Either way the sign is ambiguous
No; *one* way (on Mon-Sat on an event day) the sign is slightly
ambiguous. More likely event days only happen on Sundays so there is no
ambiguity.
I would read it that on event days there is always restricted parking
until midnight, regardless of the day of week.

I guess the location of the street would dictate whether or not an
"event" is obvious. Is it next to Wembley Stadium for example?
r***@gmail.com
2019-11-05 05:12:39 UTC
Yes near the Wembley stadium
Jeff
2019-11-05 09:34:07 UTC
Post by r***@gmail.com
Yes near the Wembley stadium
There's your answer. Sunday 3rd November, there was an event in the NFL
London series at Wembley Stadium.
The sign is still ambiguous: The top line says Mon-Sat, there is nothing
else on that sign that says there is a restriction on Sundays.

If they meant to have a restriction on Sundays the it should say On
Event Days Mon-Sun...

And of course how is one to know what counts as an 'Event Day' when
parking..

Jeff
GB
2019-11-05 11:20:23 UTC
Post by Jeff
And of course how is one to know what counts as an 'Event Day' when
parking..
According to this link
https://www.brent.gov.uk/media/248778/Wembley%20event%20day%20parking%20signs%20we%20use.pdf

There's a fold down bit on the sign that says Event Day. Otherwise, it
requires knowledge that many people would not have. Whether that would
make it unenforceable is another matter.
Jeff
nightjar
2019-11-05 19:51:39 UTC
Post by GB
Post by Jeff
And of course how is one to know what counts as an 'Event Day' when
parking..
According to this link
https://www.brent.gov.uk/media/248778/Wembley%20event%20day%20parking%20signs%20we%20use.pdf
There's a fold down bit on the sign that says Event Day. Otherwise, it
requires knowledge that many people would not have.  Whether that would
make it unenforceable is another matter.
It would probably be clearer if it had a fold down section that showed
'event day' and the event day parking in one position and the Mon-Sat
times in the other.
Colin Bignell
r***@gmail.com
2019-11-07 07:53:23 UTC
Big thanks for everyone, I paid £40 as 50% off within 14 days

Peeler
2019-11-05 14:36:00 UTC
On Tue, 05 Nov 2019 05:48:44 -0800, clinically insane, pedophilic, serbian
That would be redundant. If Sundays were excluded it would say "On
Event Days Mon-Sat".
If someone wanted to hear an asshole's opinion, they'd have farted, serb
asshole!
doesn't know what's going on?"
MID: <FnMUE.676068$***@usenetxs.com>
r***@gmail.com
2019-11-05 13:00:37 UTC
We based in Lincolnshire, and I just park the car try to pay on the machine £4.50 for 2 hrs but didn't have coins thought to pay by online then I check the sign and thought it's free on Sunday, we return to car before 2 hours
Grikbassturdo®™
2019-11-05 17:07:55 UTC
On Tue, 5 Nov 2019 14:06:26 +0000, jewboi GB (jb)
Post by r***@gmail.com
We based in Lincolnshire, and I just park the car try to pay on the machine £4.50 for 2 hrs but didn't have coins thought to pay by online then I check the sign and thought it's free on Sunday, we return to car before 2 hours
You have my sympathy.
I fear that the sign is trying to say that parking is only allowed
Mon-Sat, and then only if you have a ticket. Perhaps you are not allowed
to park at all on Sunday, in which case the machine should tell you.
You fear incorrectly. Do you even drive???

The sign clearly says pay at machine ('during the times given above'
is implied): Mon-Sat 8am to 6:30pm and Event Days 8am to Midnight.
The big P at the top of the sign means paid parking.
I suggest you appeal.
I suggest you go back to 'Israeel' and park there.
Peeler
2019-11-05 17:43:11 UTC
On Tue, 05 Nov 2019 09:07:55 -0800, clinically insane, pedophilic, serbian
Post by Grikbassturdo®™
I suggest you appeal.
I suggest you go back to 'Israeel' and park there.
I suggest you go back to your serbian farm and fuck the animals there again,
pedophilic gay Razovic'!
is any "meaningful" debate to lower the age of consent:
"If there isn't, there should be."
MID: <ZAMUE.174724$***@usenetxs.com>
Yellow
2019-11-05 15:05:59 UTC
Well that was a guess of mine out of the blue. :-)
r***@gmail.com
2019-11-04 19:33:24 UTC
Sorry there wasn't any
Grikbassturdo®™
2019-11-04 17:41:24 UTC
Post by r***@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/678174248/posts/10156605160249249/
What about an image of the ticket machine - which may be more
enlightening?

Did you stay longer than 2 hours?
Peeler
2019-11-04 18:30:52 UTC
On Mon, 04 Nov 2019 09:41:24 -0800, clinically insane, pedophilic, serbian
Post by Grikbassturdo®™
What about an image of the ticket machine - which may be more
enlightening?
Did you stay longer than 2 hours?
Trying to be "helpful", psychopath? Psychopathically "helpful"? LMAO
FMurtz
2019-11-05 12:44:52 UTC
Post by nightjar
Post by r***@gmail.com
I have got the picture but dont know how attached here
Post it on an image web site and provided a link here.
imgur