U.S. Exporters Will Be a Surprise Loser From Tariff Fight
2018-07-09 14:50:46 UTC
Buy British or STFU and move with the beast.

"Bod" <***@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:***@mid.individual.net...
: U.S. Exporters Will Be a Surprise Loser From Tariff Fight
https://www.wsj.com/articles/how-tariffs-hit--exports-not-just-imports-1531128600
: --
: Bod
BurfordTJustice
2018-07-09 16:14:32 UTC
Buy British or STFU and pack up the beast and move.

: On 09/07/2018 16:53, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
: > On 7/9/2018 10:46 AM, Bod wrote:
: >> U.S. Exporters Will Be a Surprise Loser From Tariff Fight
: >>
: >>
https://www.wsj.com/articles/how-tariffs-hit-u-s-exports-not-just-imports-1531128600
: >>
: >
: > I can't read that without a subscription. This will give you some idea
: > of how well tariffs will work
: >
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/german-cars-and-american-steak-early-trade-war-victims-emerge/ar-AAzKIdE?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout
: >
: >
: So basically it hurts all parties in the end. A totally fruitless and
: unnecessary policy.
: If there ever was an example of sheer stupidity, this is it.
:
: --
: Bod
BurfordTJustice
2018-07-09 19:02:01 UTC
Buy British or fucking move.

: >>> On 7/9/2018 10:46 AM, Bod wrote:
: >>>> U.S. Exporters Will Be a Surprise Loser From Tariff Fight
: >>>>
: >>>>
https://www.wsj.com/articles/how-tariffs-hit-u-s-exports-not-just-imports-1531128600
: >>>>
: >>>
: >>> I can't read that without a subscription. This will give you some idea
: >>> of how well tariffs will work
: >>>
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/german-cars-and-american-steak-early-trade-war-victims-emerge/ar-AAzKIdE?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout
: >>>
: >>>
: >> So basically it hurts all parties in the end. A totally fruitless and
: >> unnecessary policy.
: >> If there ever was an example of sheer stupidity, this is it.
: >>
: >> --
: >> Bod
: >
: > No, it doesn't hurt all parties. For example, the producers of raw
steel
: > and aluminum are big winners. They just got their pockets stuffed with
: > money as the prices have risen sharply. And some workers that will get
: > hired at possibly better wages than they might be available locally will
: > be winners. The same with all the other tariffs. Winners and losers.
: > The problem is that clearly with steel and aluminum, the losers far out
: > number the winners as there are far more companies that consume steel
: > than there are those that produce it. So, it screws them, makes their
: > products more expensive for US consumers and foreigners too, leading to
: > less exports. That increases the trade deficit. The same is true of
: > most of those tariffs. But it's where the jingoist rhetoric, saying
: > those nasty foreigners are screwing us, gets you when used to manipulate
: > simple minded people.
: >
: By all parties, I meant all countries involved, in one form or another.
:
: --
: Bod
BurfordTJustice
2018-07-09 19:45:24 UTC
LOL..you two are the clueless dual.

You really should holiday together with the two beasts of course.
Post by BurfordTJustice
Post by BurfordTJustice
Post by BurfordTJustice
--
[...]
That may not be true either. Some countries could be winners. For example
China could turn to say Brazil to buy soybeans, other companies could put
factories there instead of the USA, etc. And once this shifts start, they
could be irreversible. I would expect foreign trade reps from countries like
Brazil are beating on the doors of America's customers right now. "we love
your business, don't have screwy tariffs subject to a madman mental case, we
will sign long term deals and be a reliable trade partner.
BurfordTJustice
2018-07-10 20:35:33 UTC
buy British or STFU and pack the the beast and move.

: >>> On 7/9/2018 10:46 AM, Bod wrote:
[...]
: > not all parties...trump and his cronies will make a fortune by selling
: > short shares of all those companies affected by the tariffs
: >
: That wouldn't surprise me.
:
: --