All our Warnings Fell on Deaf Ears
The Todal
2017-06-18 18:42:43 UTC
Whether those warnings were relevant would be for the coroner to judge.
The Grenfell Action Group, who regularly complained about the Tenant
Management Organisation responsible for maintenance and repair, weren't
complaining about the cladding or lack of sprinklers in the building, as
far as I can see.

January 2013 - warnings about obstructed routes for emergency vehicles
https://grenfellactiongroup.wordpress.com/2013/01/28/fire-safety-scandal-at-lancaster-west/
https://grenfellactiongroup.wordpress.com/2013/01/30/more-on-fire-safety/

February 2103 - warnings about lack of testing for fire extinguishers
and emergency lighting system in the tower
https://grenfellactiongroup.wordpress.com/2013/02/21/another-fire-safety-scandal/

March 2013 - the Fire Risk Assessment (including lack of a system for
testing extinguishers etc) still has not produced the desired urgent
response from the Tenant Management Organisation (TMO)
https://grenfellactiongroup.wordpress.com/2013/03/05/tmo-still-asleep-at-the-wheel/

May 2013 - complaints about power surges that had caused electrical
appliances in flats to emit smoke. It is said that a single staircase
with no natural light is is the only emergency exit route from Grenfell
Tower
https://grenfellactiongroup.wordpress.com/2013/05/29/grenfell-tower-from-bad-to-worse/

May 2013 - more complaints about continuing power surges
https://grenfellactiongroup.wordpress.com/2013/05/28/more-trouble-at-grenfell-tower/

August 2013 - the power surge issue remains unexplained and unresolved.
https://grenfellactiongroup.wordpress.com/2013/08/04/the-disempowered-of-grenfell-tower/

November 2016 - dire warnings that only a catastrophic event would
expose the incompetence of their landlord, citing "terrifying power
surges caused by faulty wiring" and lack of fire safety instructions for
tenants. Mention is made of criticism of another block, Adair Tower,
without claiming that the same criticisms could be made of Grenfell Tower.
https://grenfellactiongroup.wordpress.com/2016/11/20/kctmo-playing-with-fire/
Diverse people are ALWAYS complaining.
The Peeler
2017-06-18 19:26:54 UTC
On Sun, 18 Jun 2017 12:07:49 -0700, serbian bitch Razovic, the resident
Post by The Todal
Whether those warnings were relevant would be for the coroner to judge.
The Grenfell Action Group, who regularly complained about the Tenant
Management Organisation responsible for maintenance and repair, weren't
complaining about the cladding or lack of sprinklers in the building, as
far as I can see.
Diverse people are ALWAYS complaining.
Retards like you are ALWAYS proud of being retards!
Loose Cannon
2017-06-18 21:44:39 UTC
In article <***@4ax.com>,
A shiteating cowardly nazoid sub-louse PEDO named Andrew "Andrzej"
Diverse people are
PEOPLE.

You are NOT.

You are not even louse.

You are SUB-louse.
Phi
2017-06-18 20:22:33 UTC
Post by The Todal
[...]
I wonder what was in the fridge that exploded so violently to set fire to
the cladding on the outside of the building and through double glazing.
Ophelia
2017-06-18 19:30:53 UTC
Post by The Todal
[...]

==

Could be caused by is described above from November 2016 ...

"terrifying power surges caused by faulty wiring"
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
Yellow
2017-06-18 20:57:10 UTC
In article <***@mid.individual.net>, ***@gmail.com
says...
Post by Phi
I wonder what was in the fridge that exploded so violently to set fire to
the cladding on the outside of the building and through double glazing.
==
Could be caused by is described above from November 2016 ...
"terrifying power surges caused by faulty wiring"
As we do not have the other side of that story, well, put it this way,
it would need a significant increase in voltage to cause something to
"explode".

Blow a fuse, burn out a transformer winding - sure. But explode?

The blogs say "In addition metering equipment has been installed on
site, which will provide us with details of any further surges to
Grenfell tower. This information will enable us to indentify the cause
of these issues and agree necessary works."

So it does not in fact sound as if the residents were being ignored but
the blogs do not tell us where these tests lead, or if the fault was
ever found and fixed.

But in any event, what these blogs do tell us is that the relationship
between the author and management company had completely broken down, so
while interesting, they do not tell us what has been really going on.
Ophelia
2017-06-19 08:16:44 UTC

Post by Phi
[...]

===

I defer to your knowledge on the electric thing. Yes I agree about the
residents being ignored. They have said that there have been many
complaints that were ignored:(

ps what you going to do with all those beans?

Envious O
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
Yellow
2017-06-19 12:37:18 UTC
In article <***@mid.individual.net>, ***@gmail.com
says...
Post by Yellow
says...
Post by Phi
[...]
Assuming the flowers become beans - eat them. :-)

Just spotted a Harlequin Labybird on one - never seen one of them
before.

www.dropbox.com/sh/oct0et93huu3c4v/AACgKB3ozQ1ovw2ORtio1A8ma?dl=0
Ophelia
2017-06-19 16:52:17 UTC
"Yellow" wrote in message news:***@News.Individual.NET...

In article <***@mid.individual.net>, ***@gmail.com
says...
Post by Yellow
says...
Post by Phi
[...]

Good stuff:))))

I hope you like beans *very* much because if all the plants you described do
well you are going to have a LOT. Still, they freeze well:)

Lovely wee ladybird. Not sure I've seen a Harlequin but I've seen a few
ladybirds this year:)
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
Yellow
2017-06-19 16:59:20 UTC
In article <***@mid.individual.net>, ***@gmail.com
says...
Post by Yellow
says...
Post by Yellow
says...
Post by Phi
[...]
I shall pick them young and often. :-)

But yes, I think I will be overloaded because last years three plants
was more than enough. I will not plant so many seed next year - lesson
learned.
Post by Yellow
Lovely wee ladybird. Not sure I've seen a Harlequin but I've seen a few
ladybirds this year:)
It was cute but aren't they supposed to be harmful as they are a non-
native species?
Ophelia
2017-06-19 17:46:22 UTC
"Yellow" wrote in message news:***@News.Individual.NET...

In article <***@mid.individual.net>, ***@gmail.com
says...
Post by Yellow
says...
Post by Yellow
says...

Post by Yellow
Lovely wee ladybird. Not sure I've seen a Harlequin but I've seen a few
ladybirds this year:)
It was cute but aren't they supposed to be harmful as they are a non-
native species?

==

Noooo. I can remember them from when I was a small child. They are here
all year round, they are not migratory.

Google them:)
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
Yellow
2017-06-19 17:49:45 UTC
In article <***@mid.individual.net>, ***@gmail.com
says...
Post by Yellow
says...
Post by Yellow
says...
Post by Yellow
says...
Post by Yellow
Lovely wee ladybird. Not sure I've seen a Harlequin but I've seen a few
ladybirds this year:)
It was cute but aren't they supposed to be harmful as they are a non-
native species?
==
Noooo. I can remember them from when I was a small child. They are here
all year round, they are not migratory.
Google them:)
This says they eat the native ladybirds -

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2015/may/20/harlequin-ladybirds-
declared-uks-fastest-invading-species

or shorter

http://tinyurl.com/z4v9bfj
Ophelia
2017-06-19 18:00:54 UTC
"Yellow" wrote in message news:***@News.Individual.NET...

In article <***@mid.individual.net>, ***@gmail.com
says...
Post by Yellow
says...
Post by Yellow
says...
Post by Yellow
says...
Post by Yellow
Lovely wee ladybird. Not sure I've seen a Harlequin but I've seen a few
ladybirds this year:)
It was cute but aren't they supposed to be harmful as they are a non-
native species?
==
Noooo. I can remember them from when I was a small child. They are here
all year round, they are not migratory.
Google them:)
This says they eat the native ladybirds -

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2015/may/20/harlequin-ladybirds-
declared-uks-fastest-invading-species

or shorter

http://tinyurl.com/z4v9bfj

==

Blimey! No wonder I haven't seen any!!
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
Yellow
2017-06-19 19:05:38 UTC
Post by Ophelia
"Yellow" wrote in message
Post by Yellow
It was cute but aren't they supposed to be harmful as they are a non-
native species?
==
Noooo. I can remember them from when I was a small child. They are here
all year round, they are not migratory.
Google them:)
This says they eat the native ladybirds -
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2015/may/20/harlequin-ladybirds-
declared-uks-fastest-invading-species
or shorter
http://tinyurl.com/z4v9bfj
==
Blimey! No wonder I haven't seen any!!
I haven't seen any ladybirds at all for a couple of years, apart from
this one today, but I guess I go not help by spraying the blackfly.

Every year I have the same problem with ants farming the blackfly. I use
soapy water unless it gets really bad and then I reach for the
chemicals, but either way, I kill them off so no food for the poor
ladybirds.
Ophelia
2017-06-19 19:17:08 UTC

Post by Ophelia
"Yellow" wrote in message
Post by Yellow
[...]

We spend a lot of time in N.Yorks and I have seen ladybirds there too. Just
the native ones though (as far as I know)

I can't say I am too happy about the invaders feeding on our native
ladybirds ... but ... it's nature I suppose:(

I don't have those problems up here, but I have had in other places so you
have my sympathy!
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
BurfordTJustice
Phi
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1210334/Alert-new-wave-exploding-fridges-caused-environmentally-friendly-coolant.html
Graham T
2017-06-18 20:05:54 UTC
Post by Phi
Post by Phi
I wonder what was in the fridge that exploded so violently to set
fire to the cladding on the outside of the building and through
double glazing.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1210334/Alert-new-wave-exploding-fridges-caused-environmentally-friendly-coolant.html
'isobutane and propane hydrocarbon gases as refrigerants.'

Fucking Ada!
BurfordTJustice

Another 'green' success story! Mazel tov!
The Peeler
2017-06-19 14:17:42 UTC
On Mon, 19 Jun 2017 06:38:03 -0700, serbian bitch Razovic, the resident
Post by Phi
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1210334/Alert-new-wave-exploding-fridges-caused-environmentally-friendly-coolant.html
Another 'green' success story! Mazel tov!
Another "comment" by the retarded squirrel! <BG>
--
Jack G. about dumb anal Razovic:
"WOW!!! This retarded squirrel made a comment."
Sick old pedo Andrew "Andrzej" Baron (aka "Ron Jacobson"/etc)
2017-06-23 09:11:33 UTC
In article <***@4ax.com>,
A shiteating cowardly nazoid sub-louse PEDO named Andrew "Andrzej"
Another 'green' success story! Mazel tov!
LOL, old pedo! Mildly funny.

Incubus
2017-06-19 10:39:57 UTC
Post by BurfordTJustice
Meth ingredients
Methamphetamine isn't a huge problem in Britain.

If you hadn't top-posted, we'd know what you were referring to.
BurfordTJustice
2017-06-19 11:51:01 UTC
What??
Graham T
2017-06-18 19:39:19 UTC
Post by Phi
I wonder what was in the fridge that exploded so violently to set fire
to the cladding on the outside of the building and through double glazing.
I keep seeing 'power surges' mentioned.

'Fridges are high on the list of appliances causing domestic fires so I
wondered this too.

Some years back in East London a mains 3 phase lift supply in a tower
block got mixed up with the domestic 2 phase supply shoving 440V up all
the domestic sockets. There was no fire but almost every appliance
connected to the mains was destroyed.
abelard
what can go wrong will go wrong...
Joe
2017-06-18 21:05:24 UTC
On Sun, 18 Jun 2017 22:25:29 +0200
Post by abelard
Post by Graham T
Post by Phi
I wonder what was in the fridge that exploded so violently to set
fire to the cladding on the outside of the building and through
double glazing.
I keep seeing 'power surges' mentioned.
'Fridges are high on the list of appliances causing domestic fires
so I wondered this too.
Some years back in East London a mains 3 phase lift supply in a tower
block got mixed up with the domestic 2 phase supply shoving 440V up
all the domestic sockets. There was no fire but almost every
appliance connected to the mains was destroyed.
:-)
what can go wrong will go wrong...
Well, this sort of thing can never go wrong again. That nice Mr
Prescott arranged for all electricians working on domestic installations
to be competent in future. I can't think why nobody before him had ever
thought to do it...

No doubt someone has recent statistics to hand, but a few decades ago,
the nominal UK 240V mains could be expected to experience a 1000V spike
about once a month, due to lightning strikes. The closer the appliance
to the strike, the larger the spike can be expected to be.

I like the idea of the world's fridges being filled with Calor gas under
pressure... did nobody consider how much carbon dioxide would be
released when they explode? We can disregard any risk to the users, of
course, as they don't matter. But why outlaw the use of inflammable gas
for cooking in tower blocks (see Ronan Point) and then mandate its use
in everyone's fridge?
Joe
Fredxxx
2017-06-18 21:21:28 UTC
Post by abelard
Post by Graham T
Post by Phi
[...]
Given fridges will have 200g or so of refrigerant many more grammes of
CO2 are produced in the running of them.

Do try and get things into perspective.
abelard
2017-06-18 21:56:24 UTC
Post by abelard
Post by Graham T
Post by Phi
[...]
i was in a big house when such a strike blew every bit of equipment
to hades...
Post by Joe
I like the idea of the world's fridges being filled with Calor gas under
pressure... did nobody consider how much carbon dioxide would be
released when they explode? We can disregard any risk to the users, of
course, as they don't matter. But why outlaw the use of inflammable gas
for cooking in tower blocks (see Ronan Point) and then mandate its use
in everyone's fridge?
clearly i'm not keeping up with that sort of technology...is it
really so?
JNugent
It's th'environment, innit?
JNugent
2017-06-19 09:23:51 UTC
Post by abelard
Post by Graham T
Post by Phi
I wonder what was in the fridge that exploded so violently to set fire
to the cladding on the outside of the building and through double glazing.
I keep seeing 'power surges' mentioned.
'Fridges are high on the list of appliances causing domestic fires so I
wondered this too.
Some years back in East London a mains 3 phase lift supply in a tower
block got mixed up with the domestic 2 phase supply shoving 440V up all
the domestic sockets. There was no fire but almost every appliance
connected to the mains was destroyed.
:-)
what can go wrong will go wrong...
I wonder what a "2 phase supply" is?

I am familiar with 3-phase and single-phase supplies and the maths
connected with them.
abelard
2017-06-19 09:31:40 UTC
Post by JNugent
Post by abelard
Post by Graham T
Post by Phi
I wonder what was in the fridge that exploded so violently to set fire
to the cladding on the outside of the building and through double glazing.
I keep seeing 'power surges' mentioned.
'Fridges are high on the list of appliances causing domestic fires so I
wondered this too.
Some years back in East London a mains 3 phase lift supply in a tower
block got mixed up with the domestic 2 phase supply shoving 440V up all
the domestic sockets. There was no fire but almost every appliance
connected to the mains was destroyed.
:-)
what can go wrong will go wrong...
I wonder what a "2 phase supply" is?
I am familiar with 3-phase and single-phase supplies and the maths
connected with them.
all i know is the heavy equipment requires a visit from a
technician and another meter!
Ian Jackson
2017-06-19 11:30:11 UTC
Post by JNugent
Post by abelard
Post by Graham T
Post by Phi
I wonder what was in the fridge that exploded so violently to set fire
to the cladding on the outside of the building and through double glazing.
I keep seeing 'power surges' mentioned.
'Fridges are high on the list of appliances causing domestic fires so I
wondered this too.
Some years back in East London a mains 3 phase lift supply in a tower
block got mixed up with the domestic 2 phase supply shoving 440V up all
the domestic sockets. There was no fire but almost every appliance
connected to the mains was destroyed.
:-)
what can go wrong will go wrong...
I wonder what a "2 phase supply" is?
I am familiar with 3-phase and single-phase supplies and the maths
connected with them.
Check up on '2-phase'. It's over 50 rears ago, but IIRC, it's
effectively two single-phases at 90 degrees (whereas 3-phase is, of
course, three single phases at 120 degrees).
Ian
JNugent
2017-06-19 14:02:02 UTC
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by JNugent
Post by abelard
Post by Graham T
Post by Phi
[...]
UK domestic supply has never been "2-phase" (which would mean 415 volts
between live and er... live...).

Domestic and non-industrial commercial premises are supplied with
single-phase power. 240 volts between live and neutral.

I served an apprenticeship in all that stuff.
Ian Jackson
2017-06-19 14:49:32 UTC
Post by JNugent
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by JNugent
Post by abelard
Post by Graham T
Post by Phi
[...]
I don't think that anything much was supplied with 2-phase - but it does
exist. I seem to remember that there is a way of converting a 3-phase
supply to obtain 2-phase - but as I said, it's over 50 years ago (more
like 55).

As I typed the above, 'Scott Connection' came into my head - and I'm
right!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott-T_transformer
However, it's not really something I need to worry much about these
days.
Ian
JNugent
2017-06-19 15:52:37 UTC
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by JNugent
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by JNugent
Post by abelard
Post by Graham T
Post by Phi
[...]
Oh, it certainly exists. Every 3-phase supply can also provide 2-phase
or single-phase.
Post by Ian Jackson
I seem to remember that there is a way of converting a 3-phase
supply to obtain 2-phase - but as I said, it's over 50 years ago (more
like 55).
As I typed the above, 'Scott Connection' came into my head - and I'm right!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott-T_transformer
However, it's not really something I need to worry much about these days.
1890s! :-)

That was when Westinghoiuse was trying to persuade the states to use AC
as a humane method of execution.
d***@yahoo.co.uk
2017-06-19 18:12:25 UTC
The three phases are often used separately to even out the load so two phase is quite feasible.

The main problem is when the common connection of the three phases (the star) lifts then you do have serious problems.

Intermittent breakdown of this common connection would result in dangerous surges .
Yellow
2017-06-18 20:59:21 UTC
Post by Graham T
Post by Phi
I wonder what was in the fridge that exploded so violently to set fire
to the cladding on the outside of the building and through double glazing.
I keep seeing 'power surges' mentioned.
'Fridges are high on the list of appliances causing domestic fires so I
wondered this too.
Some years back in East London a mains 3 phase lift supply in a tower
block got mixed up with the domestic 2 phase supply shoving 440V up all
the domestic sockets. There was no fire but almost every appliance
connected to the mains was destroyed.
440V! That is hardly a shock - no pun intended. Little will survive
double its rated voltage, especially if it is domestic kit.
FMurtz
2017-06-19 09:34:42 UTC
Post by Phi
Post by The Todal
[...]
Why does it have to be violent? may have started a small fire which
spread because of stupidity,ignorance etc.
abelard
2017-06-19 09:38:10 UTC
Post by FMurtz
Post by Phi
I wonder what was in the fridge that exploded so violently to set fire
to the cladding on the outside of the building and through double glazing.
Why does it have to be violent? may have started a small fire which
spread because of stupidity,ignorance etc.
because that is not so dramatic and would make a poor vehicle
for jerry and the fossil medias to smear emotion so liberally
Omega
2017-06-19 11:11:32 UTC
Post by Phi
Post by The Todal
[...]

It's those Green People again.

What is poignant for me, I can't think of a single person, his house on
fire, calmly awakens next door, tells them his home is on fire then
disappears.

Has this man been arrested yet? What the fuck is going on?

omega
Yellow
2017-06-19 13:02:19 UTC
Post by Phi
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1210334/Alert-new-wave-exploding-fridges-caused-environmentally-friendly-coolant.html
It's those Green People again.
What is poignant for me, I can't think of a single person, his house on
fire, calmly awakens next door, tells them his home is on fire then
disappears.
Has this man been arrested yet? What the fuck is going on?
omega
I am sure what really happened will come out, but I too am surprised
that no one seems too bothered over the way the fire started.

When accidents/incidents like this are investigated it *always* turns
out to have been caused by a number of failures - and how it started,
and why it was not put out or contained, is as key as what happened
next.
j***@gmail.com
2017-06-19 13:36:40 UTC
I used to live in a flat where the bottom flat had a fire. The owner took her pets to her mothers before she returned back where she then phoned for the fire brigade
The Todal
2017-06-19 20:39:06 UTC
Post by Yellow
Post by Phi
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1210334/Alert-new-wave-exploding-fridges-caused-environmentally-friendly-coolant.html
It's those Green People again.
What is poignant for me, I can't think of a single person, his house on
fire, calmly awakens next door, tells them his home is on fire then
disappears.
Has this man been arrested yet? What the fuck is going on?
omega
I am sure what really happened will come out, but I too am surprised
that no one seems too bothered over the way the fire started.
When accidents/incidents like this are investigated it *always* turns
out to have been caused by a number of failures - and how it started,
and why it was not put out or contained, is as key as what happened
next.
I'm sure the fire brigade will try to establish how the fire started and
whether it was caused by a defective domestic applicance.

Of course, the evidence might have vaporised in the very high
temperatures, along with many human body parts.

But kitchen appliances catching fire are a known hazard. We all know
about those tumble driers that were never recalled, and the owners were
told to remain next to the machine whilst it is in use, until such time
as an engineer might be able to make modifications in six months time.

And we know about certain Beko appliances that caught fire.

And here's an interesting article or two:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3183412/Could-fridge-burn-house-t-switch-packed-inflammable-insulation-toxic-gas-s-dangerous-appliance-all.html

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2014/jan/11/kitchen-flames-domestic-appliances
Yellow
2017-06-19 21:06:53 UTC
In article <***@mid.individual.net>, ***@icloud.com
says...
Post by The Todal
Post by Yellow
Post by Phi
[...]
Yes - I agree. And one of my neighbours has a fire a few years back
which I believe was caused by a tumble drier.
Yellow
2017-06-18 19:39:50 UTC
Post by The Todal
[...]
Thanks for posting that - interesting. A shame we do not also have the
minutes of any meetings the residents has with the block managers as
they would also be illuminating.