We now have the results....
Add Reply
Stephen Cole
2020-01-10 09:17:00 UTC
On 9 Jan 2020 16:15:00 GMT, Stephen Cole
<snip>
Well since you are responsible for the majority of the "98%" of
abusive posts, one wonders why you even bother asking the question?
Is Stephen Thomas Cole CB/M0TEY still around?
From his absence from Usenet and the airwaves and after forecasting...
- a Labour landslide
- a Labour landslide
- millions of new voters supporting Labour
- a Labour landslide
- Labour the largest party
- a Labour government
- a Labour landslide
- millions of new voters supporting Labour
- Labour the largest party
- a Labour landslide
- a Labour government
- millions of new voters supporting Labour
- Labour the largest party
- a Labour government
...I got the impression he'd choked to death an a bacon butty.
All bets were off, Burt, the moment that Farage was paid off and stood
down. Que sera, sera. It is amusing, though, to see you, Old Burt, so
pleased about the Tory victory considering that they immediately put the
Dementia Tax back on the table and have floated the notion of pensioners
working for their pension. You gets what you wishes for, I guess! LOL!
--
M0TEY // STC
www.twitter.com/ukradioamateur
tim...
2020-01-10 09:51:04 UTC
Post by Stephen Cole
On 9 Jan 2020 16:15:00 GMT, Stephen Cole
<snip>
Well since you are responsible for the majority of the "98%" of
abusive posts, one wonders why you even bother asking the question?
Is Stephen Thomas Cole CB/M0TEY still around?
From his absence from Usenet and the airwaves and after forecasting...
- a Labour landslide
- a Labour landslide
- millions of new voters supporting Labour
- a Labour landslide
- Labour the largest party
- a Labour government
- a Labour landslide
- millions of new voters supporting Labour
- Labour the largest party
- a Labour landslide
- a Labour government
- millions of new voters supporting Labour
- Labour the largest party
- a Labour government
...I got the impression he'd choked to death an a bacon butty.
All bets were off, Burt, the moment that Farage was paid off
an absolute lie

why is it that Labour are allowed to get away with this without it being
called out?

2020-01-10 10:08:34 UTC
Post by Stephen Cole
On 9 Jan 2020 16:15:00 GMT, Stephen Cole
<snip>
Well since you are responsible for the majority of the "98%" of
abusive posts, one wonders why you even bother asking the question?
Is Stephen Thomas Cole CB/M0TEY still around?
From his absence from Usenet and the airwaves and after forecasting...
- a Labour landslide
- a Labour landslide
- millions of new voters supporting Labour
- a Labour landslide
- Labour the largest party
- a Labour government
- a Labour landslide
- millions of new voters supporting Labour
- Labour the largest party
- a Labour landslide
- a Labour government
- millions of new voters supporting Labour
- Labour the largest party
- a Labour government
...I got the impression he'd choked to death an a bacon butty.
All bets were off, Burt, the moment that Farage was paid off
an absolute lie
why is it that Labour are allowed to get away with this without it being
called out?
But Farage and Widdecombe both alleged that the Brexit Party candidates
were offered bribes by the Tories to stand down. Are they now members of
the Labour Party, do you think?
Stephen Cole
2020-01-10 10:37:19 UTC
Post by Stephen Cole
On 9 Jan 2020 16:15:00 GMT, Stephen Cole
<snip>
Well since you are responsible for the majority of the "98%" of
abusive posts, one wonders why you even bother asking the question?
Is Stephen Thomas Cole CB/M0TEY still around?
From his absence from Usenet and the airwaves and after forecasting...
[...]
The Faragists don’t like being reminded about how their Nige stitched ‘em
up and sold ‘em out, eh?
abelard
www.abelard.org
Steve
2020-01-10 11:48:34 UTC
Post by Stephen Cole
Post by Stephen Cole
On 9 Jan 2020 16:15:00 GMT, Stephen Cole
<snip>
Well since you are responsible for the majority of the "98%" of
abusive posts, one wonders why you even bother asking the question?
Is Stephen Thomas Cole CB/M0TEY still around?
From his absence from Usenet and the airwaves and after
forecasting...
[...]
We all lost - you just haven't realised it, yet.

abelard
2020-01-10 12:04:07 UTC
Post by Stephen Cole
On 9 Jan 2020 16:15:00 GMT, Stephen Cole
<snip>
Well since you are responsible for the majority of the "98%" of
abusive posts, one wonders why you even bother asking the question?
Is Stephen Thomas Cole CB/M0TEY still around?
From his absence from Usenet and the airwaves and after
[...]
you speak for no person but yourself
www.abelard.org
tim...
2020-01-10 16:07:56 UTC
Post by Stephen Cole
Post by Stephen Cole
On 9 Jan 2020 16:15:00 GMT, Stephen Cole
<snip>
Well since you are responsible for the majority of the "98%" of
abusive posts, one wonders why you even bother asking the question?
Is Stephen Thomas Cole CB/M0TEY still around?
From his absence from Usenet and the airwaves and after
[...]
I genuinely believe that you are 100% wrong

tim
Steve

2020-01-11 14:09:06 UTC
Post by Stephen Cole
Post by Stephen Cole
On 9 Jan 2020 16:15:00 GMT, Stephen Cole
<snip>
Well since you are responsible for the majority of the
"98%" of abusive posts, one wonders why you even bother
asking the question?
Is Stephen Thomas Cole CB/M0TEY still around?
From his absence from Usenet and the airwaves and after forecasting...
[...]
the point is

1) we are where we are, so your griping wont change anything

2) we're all going to find out, so why not just wait and see

2020-01-10 16:07:01 UTC
Post by Stephen Cole
Post by Stephen Cole
On 9 Jan 2020 16:15:00 GMT, Stephen Cole
<snip>
Well since you are responsible for the majority of the "98%" of
abusive posts, one wonders why you even bother asking the question?
Is Stephen Thomas Cole CB/M0TEY still around?
From his absence from Usenet and the airwaves and after forecasting...
[...]
the stitch up was in not giving them back their lost personal contribution.

not in asking them to stand down

tim
Joe
2020-01-10 13:11:28 UTC
On Fri, 10 Jan 2020 10:08:34 +0000
Post by Stephen Cole
On 9 Jan 2020 16:15:00 GMT, Stephen Cole
<snip>
Well since you are responsible for the majority of the "98%" of
abusive posts, one wonders why you even bother asking the
question?
Is Stephen Thomas Cole CB/M0TEY still around?
From his absence from Usenet and the airwaves and after
[...]
Doubtful, but what hasn't been explained is where the 'landslide'
millions of votes for Labour went, and why Farage's actions had any
connection at all with Corbyn fans' votes.
Joe
tim...
2020-01-10 16:22:35 UTC
Post by Stephen Cole
On 9 Jan 2020 16:15:00 GMT, Stephen Cole
<snip>
Well since you are responsible for the majority of the "98%" of
abusive posts, one wonders why you even bother asking the
question?
Is Stephen Thomas Cole CB/M0TEY still around?
From his absence from Usenet and the airwaves and after
[...]
why does anyone have to be explain "where" they went

It's a simple fact that Labour "lost" 2.5 million votes from last time.

or did you really mean "why"?
Post by Joe
and why Farage's actions had any
connection at all with Corbyn fans' votes.
It didn't

but having a Brexit candidate could have split the Tory vote and let another
party win instead

2020-01-10 16:05:35 UTC
Post by Stephen Cole
On 9 Jan 2020 16:15:00 GMT, Stephen Cole
<snip>
Well since you are responsible for the majority of the "98%" of
abusive posts, one wonders why you even bother asking the question?
Is Stephen Thomas Cole CB/M0TEY still around?
From his absence from Usenet and the airwaves and after forecasting...
[...]
there's no evidence of that

2020-01-10 23:32:31 UTC
Post by Stephen Cole
On 9 Jan 2020 16:15:00 GMT, Stephen Cole
<snip>
Well since you are responsible for the majority of the "98%" of
abusive posts, one wonders why you even bother asking the question?
Is Stephen Thomas Cole CB/M0TEY still around?
From his absence from Usenet and the airwaves and after forecasting...
[...]
Unless they were lying, there will have to be a police investigation. To
say "there's no evidence" suggests you are a police officer involved in
the investigation but presumably you mean that no evidence has been put
in the public domain.
JNugent
in the public domain.
Fredxx
2020-01-11 02:03:06 UTC
Post by Stephen Cole
On 9 Jan 2020 16:15:00 GMT, Stephen Cole
<snip>
Well since you are responsible for the majority of the "98%" of
abusive posts, one wonders why you even bother asking the question?
Is Stephen Thomas Cole CB/M0TEY still around?
From his absence from Usenet and the airwaves and after
[...]
That was my thought too.

Otherwise a number of senior LibDems accepting knighthoods for voting
for Tory policies against their own manifesto policies would also be
guilty of some form of criminal offence.
Roger
2020-01-10 17:10:14 UTC
On 10 Jan 2020 09:17:00 GMT, Stephen Cole
Post by Stephen Cole
On 9 Jan 2020 16:15:00 GMT, Stephen Cole
<snip>
Well since you are responsible for the majority of the "98%" of
abusive posts, one wonders why you even bother asking the question?
Is Stephen Thomas Cole CB/M0TEY still around?
From his absence from Usenet and the airwaves and after forecasting...
- a Labour landslide
- a Labour landslide
- millions of new voters supporting Labour
- a Labour landslide
- Labour the largest party
- a Labour government
- a Labour landslide
- millions of new voters supporting Labour
- Labour the largest party
- a Labour landslide
- a Labour government
- millions of new voters supporting Labour
- Labour the largest party
- a Labour government
...I got the impression he'd choked to death an a bacon butty.
All bets were off, Burt, the moment that Farage was paid off and stood
down.
How was Farage paid off ? did he have gambling debts written off or
did he have a golden handshake ?
Maxwell Boltzmann
2020-01-11 09:05:59 UTC
Nigel Farage has said claims the Conservatives offered jobs to his
party's candidates to persuade them to stand aside are 'fact'. Scotland
Yard has said it is assessing two allegations of electoral fraud in
relation to the claims
I'm not persuaded that would be a criminal offence, rather than being
just routine political bargaining.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/video/2019/nov/17/nigel-farage-doub
les-down-on-claim-tories-bribed-brexit-party-candidates-video
Max
Roger Hayter
2020-01-11 13:40:21 UTC
Post by Maxwell Boltzmann
Nigel Farage has said claims the Conservatives offered jobs to his
party's candidates to persuade them to stand aside are 'fact'. Scotland
Yard has said it is assessing two allegations of electoral fraud in
relation to the claims
I'm not persuaded that would be a criminal offence, rather than being
just routine political bargaining.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/video/2019/nov/17/nigel-farage-doub
les-down-on-claim-tories-bribed-brexit-party-candidates-video
It is certainly a crime to bribe voters. Perhaps we will soon find out
if bribing candidates is ok.
Roger Hayter
Jim GM4DHJ ...
just like the handshake ......
Maxwell Boltzmann
2020-01-11 17:05:50 UTC
Post by Roger Hayter
Post by Maxwell Boltzmann
Nigel Farage has said claims the Conservatives offered jobs to his
party's candidates to persuade them to stand aside are 'fact'. Scotland
Yard has said it is assessing two allegations of electoral fraud in
relation to the claims
I'm not persuaded that would be a criminal offence, rather than being
just routine political bargaining.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/video/2019/nov/17/nigel-farage-doub
les-down-on-claim-tories-bribed-brexit-party-candidates-video
It is certainly a crime to bribe voters.
Which is nothing to do with this on several levels.
Post by Roger Hayter
Perhaps we will soon find out
if bribing candidates is ok.
But do the actions complained of amount to bribery in the legal sense?
If the Liberal Democrat party approaches a Conservative MP and says,
Look old boy if you come over to us I'm sure we can find you a place on
the front bench, is that really a matter for the law, or the Electoral
Commission?
Max
tim...
2020-01-11 14:07:35 UTC
Post by Stephen Cole
On 9 Jan 2020 16:15:00 GMT, Stephen Cole
<snip>
Well since you are responsible for the majority of the "98%" of
abusive posts, one wonders why you even bother asking the question?
Is Stephen Thomas Cole CB/M0TEY still around?
From his absence from Usenet and the airwaves and after forecasting...
[...]
I don't see how being offered political "jobs" counts as a bribe

and as it's clear that Brexit party hasn't actually received any of these
"jobs", then the Brexit party must have turned down the offer. So the
Labour claim that Farage *was* sucessfully "paid off" fails.

2020-01-12 13:57:15 UTC
Post by Stephen Cole
On 9 Jan 2020 16:15:00 GMT, Stephen Cole
<snip>
Well since you are responsible for the majority of the "98%" of
abusive posts, one wonders why you even bother asking the question?
Is Stephen Thomas Cole CB/M0TEY still around?
 From his absence from Usenet and the airwaves and after
[...]
Offering a bribe to a candidate to induce him to withdraw his candidacy
is an offence under the Representation of the People Act 1983.

s107 Corrupt withdrawal from candidature.

Any person who corruptly induces or procures any other person to
withdraw from being a candidate at an election, in consideration of any
payment or promise of payment, and any person withdrawing in pursuance
of the inducement or procurement, shall be guilty of an illegal payment.

As you say, perhaps an offer of a job doesn't count as a financial
bribe. But offering a bribe which is not accepted might be prosecuted as
an attempted offence.

The Tories denied ever offering anything at all to Brexit Party
candidates to induce them to stand down. In the end, Farage told many of
the Brexit Party candidates to stand down. One would now expect the
disgruntled candidates to resign from the Brexit Party and join some
other party because they were simply being used by Farage as pawns
during his campaign for personal power and influence.
tim...
2020-01-12 17:45:22 UTC
Post by Stephen Cole
On 9 Jan 2020 16:15:00 GMT, Stephen Cole
<snip>
Well since you are responsible for the majority of the "98%" of
abusive posts, one wonders why you even bother asking the question?
Is Stephen Thomas Cole CB/M0TEY still around?
From his absence from Usenet and the airwaves and after
[...]
I'm sure that once the trade deal is done that's exactly what will happen

Farage's kite flying about continuing to operate as a disruptive party will
go the same way as "the Independence Group" (and plenty before them)

tim
JNugent
2020-01-13 01:19:36 UTC
Post by Stephen Cole
On 9 Jan 2020 16:15:00 GMT, Stephen Cole
<snip>
Well since you are responsible for the majority of the "98%" of
abusive posts, one wonders why you even bother asking the question?
Is Stephen Thomas Cole CB/M0TEY still around?
 From his absence from Usenet and the airwaves and after
[...]
..."payment"?

Is that term consonant with "office"?