Bias in Britain: the truth about modern racism
Add Reply
MM
2018-12-05 08:13:16 UTC
Yesterday I posted "Let's be honest about what's driving Brexit:
bigotry"

And now there's this from a new major study that shows "...the extent
of racial bias faced by minority ethnic citizens."

"The extent of racial bias faced by black, Asian and minority ethnic
citizens in 21st-century Britain has been laid bare in an
unprecedented study showing a gulf in how people of different
ethnicities are treated in their daily lives.

"The Guardian’s Afua Hirsch and Anushka Asthana discuss how growing up
in a majority white society felt to them and whether attitudes have
significantly changed since the 1980s. And they look at the findings
from our Bias in Britain survey that has uncovered shocking
statistics: 43% of ethnic minorities say they have been unfairly
overlooked for a promotion at work and 38% say they have been treated
as a potential shoplifter, when they have not done anything wrong.

"Plus author and academic Kehinde Andrews asks whether we are right to
memorialise British colonial figures such as Cecil Rhodes with
statues."

I suggest that those who doubt the racism endemic across this country
read the study here:

https://www.theguardian.com/news/audio/2018/dec/04/bias-in-britain-the-truth-about-modern-racism

They can play at pretending to be ostriches if they wish, but the
facts are clear for anyone to see who believes in recognising the
truth.

MM
Basil Jet
2018-12-05 12:28:22 UTC
Post by MM
bigotry"
And now there's this from a new major study that shows "...the extent
of racial bias faced by minority ethnic citizens."
"The extent of racial bias faced by black, Asian and minority ethnic
citizens in 21st-century Britain has been laid bare in an
unprecedented study showing a gulf in how people of different
ethnicities are treated in their daily lives.
"The Guardian’s Afua Hirsch and Anushka Asthana discuss how growing up
in a majority white society felt to them and whether attitudes have
significantly changed since the 1980s. And they look at the findings
from our Bias in Britain survey that has uncovered shocking
statistics: 43% of ethnic minorities say they have been unfairly
overlooked for a promotion at work
I've heard some (white) customers discussing how a training opportunity
would only be open to non-whites, although I wasn't personally
interested in that training opportunity.
Post by MM
and 38% say they have been treated
as a potential shoplifter, when they have not done anything wrong.
I'm white, and I've had that.

What percentage of whites have experienced both of these things? Is it
higher or lower than non-whites? The Guardian isn't interested.
Post by MM
https://www.theguardian.com/news/audio/2018/dec/04/bias-in-britain-the-truth-about-modern-racism
MM, you're now looking for any tangential excuse to spew bile in the
face of the British and to sow unrest among ethnic minorities, just to
try to punish us for Brexit. Do you want to take a look in the mirror
and see if you like where you personally are going?
--
Basil Jet - listening... St. Vincent. Star Park. Stealing Sheep. Stephen
Mallinder. Stereolab. Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel. Steve Mackay. Steve
Barrett. Sylvan Esso.
MM
2018-12-05 17:30:02 UTC
Post by Basil Jet
MM, you're now looking for any tangential excuse to spew bile in the
face of the British and to sow unrest among ethnic minorities, just to
try to punish us for Brexit. Do you want to take a look in the mirror
and see if you like where you personally are going?
As long as you refuse to face facts, as is Brexiters' habitual wont, I
shall continue to point them out.

But if you doubt that racism is endemic, remind me how many votes UKIP
got in the 2015 general election. It was 3.8 million, wasn't it?

That's a heck of a lot of bigots.

MM

Byker
2018-12-05 16:55:22 UTC
Post by MM
https://www.theguardian.com/news/audio/2018/dec/04/bias-in-britain-the-truth-about-modern-racism
They can play at pretending to be ostriches if they wish, but the facts
are clear for anyone to see who believes in recognising the truth.
Admit it: The only time integration happens is when it's forced...