Dock Acts 1805-2012
Add Reply
me@privacy.net
2019-08-10 01:43:06 UTC
Ipswich dock was created by statute. I have heard the laws referred to as Local Private Acts.
These Acts gave people the right to travel around the dock and that is what happened for generations until the dock was sold. The new owners wanted to stop people travelling around it and eventually, at a Public Inquiry an Inspector upheld the new owners claims in part under the Countryside and Rights of Way Act.

My question of you good people is, can the Countryside and Rights of Way Act overcome the various Ipswich Dock Acts which were laid down by Parliament?
steve robinson
2019-08-10 08:39:00 UTC
Post by ***@privacy.net
Ipswich dock was created by statute. I have heard the laws referred to as Local Private Acts.
These Acts gave people the right to travel around the dock and that is what happened for generations until the dock was sold. The new owners wanted to stop people travelling around it and eventually, at a Public Inquiry an Inspector upheld the new owners claims in part under the Countryside and Rights of Way Act.
My question of you good people is, can the Countryside and Rights of Way Act overcome the various Ipswich Dock Acts which were laid down by Parliament?
Hi Pete see your back again

The turd returns