Why are engineering sample CPUs illegal to sell?
Add Reply
Commander Kinsey
2022-01-03 17:21:44 UTC
Why are engineering sample CPUs illegal to sell?
R.Wieser
2022-01-03 19:27:53 UTC
Kinsey,
Post by Commander Kinsey
Why are engineering sample CPUs illegal to sell?
Simple : you're not allowed to sell what you do not own.

Regards,
Rudy Wieser
R.Wieser
2022-01-03 21:11:24 UTC
Kinsey,
Of course you own it, they don't want them back.
Don't be stupid. They might not want them back, but you can take it for
granted that those "gifts" come with a set of rules and stipulations.
Accept the "gift" and you're bound to those. And you can bet your ass on it
that one of those rules says that it cannot be sold to anyone else, or even
given away.

And when you break that agreement they are fully in their right to demand
their "gift" back.

So no, you do not own them in the sense that you can do with them whatever
you like. Which, by your own initial question, you already knew.

Regards,
Rudy Wieser
Commander Kinsey
2022-01-03 21:16:05 UTC
Post by R.Wieser
Kinsey,
Of course you own it, they don't want them back.
Don't be stupid. They might not want them back, but you can take it for
granted that those "gifts" come with a set of rules and stipulations.
Accept the "gift" and you're bound to those. And you can bet your ass on it
that one of those rules says that it cannot be sold to anyone else, or even
given away.
It's given to you for testing. Once you've done the testing and written your review, you're not harming Intel by selling it.
Readily available on Ebay.
R.Wieser
2022-01-04 08:21:34 UTC
Kinsey,
Post by Commander Kinsey
Once you've done the testing and written your review, you're not harming
Intel by selling it.
Thats not up to you to decide.

And even /if/ it would be true, you're still bound to the rules and
stipulations that came with it. You cannot just decide to drop stuff outof
an agreement (read: contract) because it doesn't benefit you. Thats not how
they work.
Post by Commander Kinsey
Readily available on Ebay.
That means there are a number of assholes on ebay who do not wish to uphold
their end of the deal they struck.

And alas, a company which recognises that the cost of making those assholes
pay (rather literally) for breaking their part of the agreement will cost
more (in multiple ways) than it recovers.

But hey, I get the distinct feeling that your question is not about actualy
wanting to know why you aren't allowed, but instead in a search for people
who agree with you that you can just ignore such contractual agreements.

In that case, go for it ! "Everyone else" does it, so that /obviously/
gives you the right to do it too, right ? /s

Regards,
Rudy Wieser
Commander Kinsey
2022-01-04 18:23:57 UTC
Post by R.Wieser
Kinsey,
Post by Commander Kinsey
Once you've done the testing and written your review, you're not harming
Intel by selling it.
Thats not up to you to decide.
And even /if/ it would be true, you're still bound to the rules and
stipulations that came with it. You cannot just decide to drop stuff outof
an agreement (read: contract) because it doesn't benefit you. Thats not how
they work.
It's not a decision, it's blatently obvious Intel lose nothing.
Post by R.Wieser
Post by Commander Kinsey
Readily available on Ebay.
That means there are a number of assholes on ebay who do not wish to uphold
their end of the deal they struck.
Or people helping out buyers who want to have a play with one.
Post by R.Wieser
And alas, a company which recognises that the cost of making those assholes
pay (rather literally) for breaking their part of the agreement will cost
more (in multiple ways) than it recovers.
Oh what a shame.
Of course. Take speeding, 1 in 3 people speed, so there is no reason for it to be illegal. A good proportion of us disagree with the law.
R.Wieser
2022-01-04 20:49:44 UTC
Kinsey,

Kid, reading your replies here there are just a couple of choices about you
:

You're either more than stupid and trying to convince yourself that stealing
isn't wrong as long as you decide that you doing it is actually someone
elses fault.

-or-

You're trolling the heck outof us.

Currently my bet is on the latter.

Goodbye.

Regards,
Rudy Wieser
Commander Kinsey
You need to learn what stealing is. For example, copying a CD of Metallica isn't stealing.
Commander Kinsey
2022-01-04 18:27:50 UTC
If Intel really cared, all they have to do is require return of the sample after the testing period. Clearly you're making a bigger fuss than they are.
Peeler
2022-01-03 21:23:19 UTC
On Mon, 3 Jan 2022 22:11:24 +0100, R.Wieser, another mentally deficient,
Post by R.Wieser
Don't be stupid.
Don't feed the troll, stupid! <tsk>
Commander Kinsey
2022-01-04 00:12:25 UTC
Post by R.Wieser
Kinsey,
Of course you own it, they don't want them back.
Don't be stupid. They might not want them back, but you can take it for
granted that those "gifts" come with a set of rules and stipulations.
Accept the "gift" and you're bound to those. And you can bet your ass on it
that one of those rules says that it cannot be sold to anyone else, or even
given away.
And when you break that agreement they are fully in their right to demand
their "gift" back.
So no, you do not own them in the sense that you can do with them whatever
you like. Which, by your own initial question, you already knew.
Regards,
Rudy Wieser
You're arguing with someone who believes software that is discontinued
or abandoned is no longer owned. It's how they qualify their theft.
Abandonware is a thing, google it and educate yourself.
Michael Ejercito
2022-01-04 15:26:40 UTC
Post by R.Wieser
Kinsey,
Post by Commander Kinsey
Why are engineering sample CPUs illegal to sell?
Simple : you're not allowed to sell what you do not own.
Of course you own it, they don't want them back.
Is there evidence of this?

Michael
https://www.avg.com
Wolffan
That would seem to indicate that the answer is ’no’.
Commander Kinsey
2022-01-04 18:24:46 UTC
.com>
le>
Post by Michael Ejercito
Post by R.Wieser
Kinsey,
Post by Commander Kinsey
Why are engineering sample CPUs illegal to sell?
Simple : you're not allowed to sell what you do not own.
Of course you own it, they don't want them back.
Is there evidence of this?
GIYF.
That would seem to indicate that the answer is =E2=80=99no=E2=80=99.
No, it means I can't be bothered trawling through my internet history to=
find where I read it.
Wolffan
Yeah. Right. I totally believe you.
Commander Kinsey
2022-01-04 19:09:23 UTC
mail.com>
ilable>
Post by Wolffan
Post by Michael Ejercito
Post by R.Wieser
Kinsey,
.
Post by Wolffan
where I read it.
Yeah. Right. I totally believe you.
Are you incapable of a search yourself? I know it's there, you don't. =
You can't know something does not exist until you look.
Commander Kinsey
2022-01-04 20:07:45 UTC
Post by Wolffan
On Tue, 04 Jan 2022 15:26:40 -0000, Michael
.available>
Post by Wolffan
Post by Michael Ejercito
Post by R.Wieser
Kinsey,
Post by Wolffan
find
where I read it.
Yeah. Right. I totally believe you.
Are you incapable of a search yourself? I know it's there, you don't.=
You
can't know something does not exist until you look.
Son, _you_ are saying it=E2=80=99s there. So you can=E2=80=99t produce=
it? That doesn=E2=80=99t
mean that it=E2=80=99s not there. It does mean that it=E2=80=99s up to=
me to evaluate the
likelihood of my finding it without wasting too much time. Particularl=
y as
your excuse for not producing it is that it would take you too much ti=
me and
trouble. You know what it is that you=E2=80=99re looking for, and it=E2=
=80=99ll take you
too much time to find it? Hmm.
Suuuuure it exists. Suuuure you just don=E2=80=99t have it. Suuuure. I=
believe you.
I also have a bridge for sale. Cheap.
If you hear on the news there's something happening and you don't believ=
e it, do you research it yourself or phone them up?
Wolffan
2022-01-04 20:38:00 UTC
Post by Wolffan
Post by Commander Kinsey
Post by Wolffan
On Tue, 04 Jan 2022 15:26:40 -0000, Michael
Post by Michael Ejercito
Post by R.Wieser
Kinsey,
Post by Commander Kinsey
Why are engineering sample CPUs illegal to sell?
Simple : you're not allowed to sell what you do not own.
Of course you own it, they don't want them back.
Is there evidence of this?
GIYF.
That would seem to indicate that the answer is ’no’.
No, it means I can't be bothered trawling through my internet history to
find
where I read it.
Yeah. Right. I totally believe you.
Are you incapable of a search yourself? I know it's there, you don't. You
can't know something does not exist until you look.
Son, _you_ are saying it’s there. So you can’t produce it? That
doesn’t
mean that it’s not there. It does mean that it’s up to me to evaluate
the
likelihood of my finding it without wasting too much time. Particularly as
your excuse for not producing it is that it would take you too much time and
trouble. You know what it is that you’re looking for, and it’ll take you
too much time to find it? Hmm.
Suuuuure it exists. Suuuure you just don’t have it. Suuuure. I believe
you.
I also have a bridge for sale. Cheap.
If you hear on the news there's something happening and you don't believe it,
do you research it yourself or phone them up?
not even remotely the same thing. And I would evaluate the source. If the
source keeps dodging, why then I have a pretty good idea of whether to
believe them or not.

Hint: you keep dodging.
Commander Kinsey
2022-01-04 21:42:05 UTC
Post by Wolffan
On Tue, 04 Jan 2022 15:26:40 -0000, Michael
Post by Michael Ejercito
On Mon, 03 Jan 2022 19:27:53 -0000, R.Wieser <address=
@not.available>
Post by Wolffan
Post by Michael Ejercito
Post by R.Wieser
Kinsey,
Post by Wolffan
[...]
Nope, I know it to be true, I can't be bothered searching a second time,=
you search a first time.
Commander Kinsey
2022-01-10 17:06:20 UTC
Post by Michael Ejercito
On Mon, 03 Jan 2022 19:27:53 -0000, R.Wieser
Kinsey,
Post by Wolffan
Post by Wolffan
[...]
and another dodge. your credibility wanes.
I know the truth as I've seen it. You're the one in the dark.
Snit
2022-01-10 22:04:37 UTC
Post by Commander Kinsey
Post by Wolffan
Post by Michael Ejercito
On Mon, 03 Jan 2022 19:27:53 -0000, R.Wieser
Post by R.Wieser
Kinsey,
Post by Commander Kinsey
[...]
I did not know you were that religious.
--
Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

2022-01-10 22:28:05 UTC
On Mon, 10 Jan 2022 22:04:37 GMT, Shit the git, the senile troll and
Post by Snit
I did not know you were that religious.
I did not know you were THAT addicted to sucking the unwashed Scottish
wanker's cock, Shit the git!
--
Some facts about the trolling senile shithead:
https://web.archive.org/web/20181028000459/http://www.cosmicpenguin.com/snit.html
https://web.archive.org/web/20190529062255/http://cosmicpenguin.com/snitLieMethods.html
Michael Ejercito
2022-01-05 03:26:00 UTC
On Tue, 04 Jan 2022 15:26:40 -0000, Michael Ejercito
Post by Michael Ejercito
Post by R.Wieser
Simple : you're not allowed to sell what you do not own.
Of course you own it, they don't want them back.
Is there evidence of this?
GIYF.
I humbly accept your concession.

Michael
https://www.avg.com
Commander Kinsey
I have done no such thing. I know the answer is there, I will not waste time finding it again because you can't be bothered using a search engine.
Commander Kinsey
2022-01-05 19:32:38 UTC
Post by Michael Ejercito
Post by R.Wieser
Simple : you're not allowed to sell what you do not own.
Of course you own it, they don't want them back.
Is there evidence of this?
GIYF.
I humbly accept your concession.
I have done no such thing. I know the answer is there, I will not waste
time finding it again because you can't be bothered using a search engine.
In other words you can't find any evidence.
No, I found it previously and am not going to pander to your needs.
Fredxx
You imagined you found it previously but can't any more. Keep dreaming.
Commander Kinsey
Prove it.
Fredxx
2022-01-05 23:05:00 UTC
Post by Commander Kinsey
Post by R.Wieser
Simple : you're not allowed to sell what you do not own.
Of course you own it, they don't want them back.
    Is there evidence of this?
GIYF.
    I humbly accept your concession.
I have done no such thing.  I know the answer is there, I will not waste
time finding it again because you can't be bothered using a search engine.
In other words you can't find any evidence.
No, I found it previously and am not going to pander to your needs.
You imagined you found it previously but can't any more. Keep dreaming.
Prove it.
You've already said any time searching for it will be a waste. That is
sufficient evidence you can't find it.
Peeler
2022-01-05 23:29:58 UTC
On Wed, 5 Jan 2022 23:05:00 +0000, Fredxx, the notorious, troll-feeding,
Post by Fredxx
You've already said any time searching for it will be a waste. That is
sufficient evidence you can't find it.
There is sufficient evidence that this Scottish wanker COMPETENTLY keeps
trolling you, you idiotic troll-feeding senile asshole! LOL
Commander Kinsey
No, it's evidence I don't want to waste time on you.
Peeler
2022-01-09 17:33:36 UTC
On Sun, 9 Jan 2022 16:09:19 +0000, Fredxx, the notorious, troll-feeding,
Since it doesn't exist it will be a waste of time for me too.
Feeding the troll is a waste of time for you, you notorious smartass? So why
do you keep feeding him? LOL
Fredxx
Nonsense. Prove it, I know you can't.
Commander Kinsey
I know I can. I will not expend effort on you.
Fredxx
2022-01-09 22:17:21 UTC
Post by Fredxx
Post by Commander Kinsey
Post by Fredxx
Post by Commander Kinsey
Post by R.Wieser
[...]
Quite, there is no point in expending effort on something that doesn't
exist.
Peeler
2022-01-09 22:21:49 UTC
On Sun, 9 Jan 2022 22:17:21 +0000, Fredxx, the notorious, troll-feeding,
Post by Fredxx
Quite, there is no point in expending effort on something that doesn't
exist.
Hard to tell which of the two of you is the bigger idiot: the Scottish
wanker, troll and attention whore ...or you, the endlessly smartassing
troll-feeding senile asshole! LOL
Commander Kinsey
You don't know until you look Mr Ostrich.
Paul
2022-01-09 21:45:36 UTC
Post by Commander Kinsey
Post by Fredxx
Post by Commander Kinsey
Prove it.
You've already said any time searching for it will be a waste. That is
sufficient evidence you can't find it.
No, it's evidence I don't want to waste time on you.
Since it doesn't exist it will be a waste of time for me too.
I know it exists, but you can't be sure unless you check.
Commander, you started this silly thread.

Yours is the vested interest. Nobody else cares.

Paul
Commander Kinsey
I know it's there. Anyone who doesn't believe me is welcome to stay in the dark.
Peeler
2022-01-03 19:43:16 UTC
On Mon, 03 Jan 2022 17:21:44 -0000, Birdbrain Macaw (aka "Commander Kinsey",
"James Wilkinson", "Steven Wanker","Bruce Farquar", "Fred Johnson, etc.),
the pathological resident idiot and attention whore of all the uk ngs,
blathered again:

<FLUSH the subnormal sociopathic trolling attention whore's latest
attention-baiting sick bullshit unread again>
--
damduck-***@yahoo.co.uk about Birdbrain Macaw's (now "Commander Kinsey" LOL)
trolling:
"He is a well known attention seeking troll and every reply you
make feeds him.
Starts many threads most of which die quick as on the UK groups anyone
with sense Kill filed him ages ago which is why he now cross posts to
the US groups for a new audience.
This thread was unusual in that it derived and continued without him
to a large extent and his silly questioning is an attempt to get
noticed again."
ItsJoanNotJoann addressing Birdbrain Macaw's (now "Commander Kinsey" LOL):
"You're an annoying troll and I'm done with you and your
stupidity."
MID: <e39a6a7f-9677-4e78-a866-***@googlegroups.com>
--
AndyW addressing Birdbrain:
"Troll or idiot?...
You have been presented with a viewpoint with information, reasoning,
historical cases, citations and references to back it up and wilfully
ignore all going back to your idea which has no supporting information."
MID: <KaToA.263621$***@fx10.am4>
--
Phil Lee adressing Birdbrain Macaw:
"You are too stupid to be wasting oxygen."
Phil Lee describing Birdbrain Macaw:
"I've never seen such misplaced pride in being a fucking moronic motorist."
Tony944 addressing Birdbrain Macaw:
"I seen and heard many people but you are on top of list being first class
ass hole jerk. ...You fit under unconditional Idiot and should be put in
mental institution.
MID: <VLCdnYC5HK1Z4S3FnZ2dnUU7-***@giganews.com>
--
Pelican to Birdbrain Macaw:
"Ok. I'm persuaded . You are an idiot."
MID: <obru31$nao$***@dont-email.me>
--
DerbyDad03 addressing Birdbrain Macaw (now "Commander Kinsey" LOL):
"Frigging Idiot. Get the hell out of my thread."
MID: <4d907253-b3b9-40d4-be4d-***@googlegroups.com>
--
Kerr Mudd-John about Birdbrain Macaw (now "Commander Kinsey LOL):
"It's like arguing with a demented frog."
MID: <***@dell3100.workgroup>
--
Mr Pounder Esquire about Birdbrain Macaw (now "Commander Kinsey" LOL):
"the piss poor delivery boy with no hot running water, 11 cats and
several parrots living in his hovel."
MID: <odqtgc$iug$***@dont-email.me>
--
Rob Morley about Birdbrain:
"He's a perennial idiot"
MID: <***@Mars>
--
JoeyDee to Birdbrain
"I apologize for thinking you were a jerk. You're just someone with an IQ
lower than your age, and I accept that as a reason for your comments."
MID: <***@news.eternal-september.org>
--
Sam Plusnet about Birdbrain (now "Commander Kinsey" LOL):
"He's just desperate to be noticed. Any attention will do, no matter how
MID: <***@news.eternal-september.org>
--
Mr Pounder's fitting description of Birdbrain Macaw:
"You are a well known fool, a tosser, a pillock, a stupid unemployable
sponging failure who will always live alone and will die alone. You will not
be missed."
MID: <orree6$on2$***@dont-email.me>
--
Richard to pathetic wanker Hucker:
"You haven't bred?
Only useful thing you've done in your pathetic existence."
MID: <orvctf$l5m$***@gioia.aioe.org>
--
***@snyder.on.ca about Birdbrain (now "Commander Kinsey" LOL):
""not the sharpest knife in the drawer"'s parents sure made a serious
mistake having him born alive -- A total waste of oxygen, food, space,
and bandwidth."
Mr Pounder exposing sociopathic Birdbrain:
"You will always be a lonely sociopath living in a shithole with no hot
running water with loads of stinking cats and a few parrots."
MID: <os5m1i$8m1$***@dont-email.me>
--
francis about Birdbrain (now "Commander Kinsey" LOL):
"He seems to have a reputation as someone of limited intelligence"
MID: <***@jaka.local>
VanguardLH
2022-01-03 19:58:13 UTC
Post by Commander Kinsey
Why are engineering sample CPUs illegal to sell?
https://www.intel.ca/content/www/ca/en/support/articles/000056190/processors.html
"Can I get engineering sample processors from Intel?
Due to the pre-production nature of the engineering sample processors,
they are generally only loaned to OEMs, ODMs, and ISVs for pre-production
test and evaluation work under specific contractual terms and conditions
to assure the protection of assets and confidential information.
Engineering sample processors are not made available
to the general public by Intel."
In effect, you're in possession of stolen goods.
They're not stolen, since Intel don't take them back from who they "lent" them to.
The whole idea is, no matter what happens, those goods are
not to be circulating in the hands of the public. You could give
them back to the local rep, and he could have them shredded.
(Some factories shred their e-waste to prevent recovery by
waste removal people.)
Those samples could have defects, maybe they don't have
a 100,000 hour operating life (early mortality). They might not
even compute properly at full speed. Like an ES 3GHz processor,
there might be an errata sheet in the box, stating you're supposed
to run them at 2GHz.
Intel could also mark them with sufficient information, to
trace them back to who received them. To determine who is leaking
them and violating a contract term.
With other manufacturers, those parts are the equivalent of the
"qual barrel". And the stuff in the qual barrel, is definitely
not production quality.
Not allowing them to be sold, is to protect *you* from receiving
inferior goods.
They clearly say sample on them. If I bought one knowing it's a sample, why would I have a problem?
Someone could rent a car, and then sell it to you. The sale was illegal
by the seller, but YOU are in possesion of stolen property.

WHO sold you the engineering sample?
Commander Kinsey
You've stated those two things in another post, stop repeating yourself.
Commander Kinsey
2022-01-03 23:54:33 UTC
Post by Commander Kinsey
[...]
Still applicable.
No point as I'll see it in the other post.
That was the best retort you could come up with?
It wasn't a retort, I was pointing out you're wasting time saying the sa=
me thing multiple times.
And you STILL haven't answered who sold you or is selling those sample=
s.
Hmm, maybe you're the seller. Reminds of the scammers on eBay that
slice up a volume license to separate individual buyers.
Why would I want you to grass him off?

As for licenses, I've bought about 50 Windows 7 premium licenses, with g=
enuine stickers for =A337 when the retail was =A3137. They work fine.
Peeler
2022-01-03 20:51:43 UTC
On Mon, 3 Jan 2022 13:58:13 -0600, VanguardLH, another mentally challenged,
Post by VanguardLH
Someone could rent a car
Someone could just have trolled you and you taken the retarded troll's
latest idiotic bait, senile idiot! <tsk>
Commander Kinsey
2022-01-03 20:40:22 UTC
NOTE: OP shotgun multi-posted to more than 3 newsgroups. My reply was
submitted to only the relevant newsgroups. Following newsgroups were
uk.legal
Readded, why is this not to do with legalities?
sci.electronics.basics
A CPU is electronic you utter nitwit.
^^^^^^^^^^___ You don't own nor have permission to
use this registered & active domain.
They should have thought of that when they sold absolute shite. I'll put whatever I want in there. If anyone chooses to email it, they're the ones breaking the law.
Post by Commander Kinsey
Why are engineering sample CPUs illegal to sell?
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000056190/processors.html
They are pre-production processors Intel loans to original equipment
manufacturers (OEMs), original device manufacturers (ODMs), and
independent software vendors (ISVs) to be used in the product design
cycle before product launch.
and
- Produced by Intel are the sole property of Intel.
- Produced by Intel are Intel Confidential.
- Are provided by Intel under nondisclosure and/or special loan
agreement terms with restrictions on the recipient's handling and
use.
- Are not for sale or resale.
- May not have passed commercial regulatory requirements.
Are not covered under Intel warranty and are generally not supported
by Intel
You can rent a car. You can test drive a demo. It's NOT your car.
Intel don't ask for it back like the car rental place does. It's given not loaned.
So, just how did YOU acquire an engineering sample? You'd already know
the answer if you had filled out all the paperwork. Or, WHO is selling
what they claim is an engineering sample?
Why would I grass off someone who supplied me with a nice cheap CPU?
Commander Kinsey
2022-01-03 21:24:34 UTC
Post by Commander Kinsey
NOTE: OP shotgun multi-posted to more than 3 newsgroups. My reply was
submitted to only the relevant newsgroups. Following newsgroups were
uk.legal
Readded, why is this not to do with legalities?
sci.electronics.basics
A CPU is electronic you utter nitwit.
The only nitwit here is one who thinks that no one who posts in the
suggested group has a grasp of the legal aspects of samples.
You've got your negatives mixed up there. I think that some of them do, which is why I posted to that group.
Commander Kinsey
2022-01-04 21:45:09 UTC
NOTE: Continued excessive cross-posting thwarted. Number of
cross-posted newsgroups reduced from 4 to 2.
Post by Commander Kinsey
Post by Commander Kinsey
[...]
Try reading the text above more slowly this time. It is explicitly loaned.
If they never take them back, it's not a loan. Can you loan me your mower forever? No, that's called a gift.
Oh, did YOU happen to get all the paperwork allowing you to possess the
engineering sample to definitely know the samples were not to be
returned?
Doesn't matter to me. I've paid the money and I have the product, any
theft that took place previously is not of my concern.
Your poor knowledge of basic UK law is concerning.
https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk/offences/magistrates-court/item/handling-stolen-goods-2/
Knowingly handling stolen goods is illegal.
Not knowing they're stolen doesn't mean you get to keep them. They will
rightfully be confiscated from you.
It's not rightfull. The person who stole them should be made to reimburse me.
Chris
Lol. You can always try to sue them. Good luck with that...
Commander Kinsey
2022-01-05 01:58:16 UTC
Post by Commander Kinsey
Post by Commander Kinsey
[...]
Do you not understand what loan means? It means you temporarily are allowed possession of my thing.
You can actually. If you tell the police to ask the judge/magistrate, they can award money to those who lost out, taking it from the thief.
Peeler
2022-01-05 09:57:59 UTC
On Wed, 5 Jan 2022 09:01:15 -0000 (UTC), Chris, another absolutely brain
Only the original victim of the theft. Not subsequent buyers of the stolen
goods.
So, for how long shall THIS idiotic "discussion" go on, troll-feeding senile
asshole? Until the troll is fed up with you and has jacked off to all of
your replies?
Commander Kinsey
2022-01-05 18:16:13 UTC
Post by Commander Kinsey
Post by Commander Kinsey
Post by Commander Kinsey
[...]
A loan term can be indefinite.
Bullshit. A loan is a gift with a return date.
I am a victim of him selling stolen goods.
Michael Ejercito
2022-01-17 18:28:00 UTC
On Tue, 4 Jan 2022 22:49:09 -0000 (UTC), Chris, another absolutely brain
Post by Chris
Lol. You can always try to sue them. Good luck with that...
Why should he sue anyone when he can have so much fun, leading a senile
asshole like you around by the nose any time he wants to, you senile cretin?
He has no chance against us!

Michael
https://www.avg.com
Commander Kinsey
2022-01-03 20:41:32 UTC
Actually it isn't. Were you thinking of spam.com? Please pay attention at the back.
Fredxx
2022-01-03 21:15:15 UTC
                      ^^^^^^^^^^___ You don't own nor have permission to
                                    use this registered & active domain.
Actually it isn't.  Were you thinking of spam.com?  Please pay attention
at the back.
The only idiot here is the one who thinks that nospam.com isn't
registered. It is and you don't own the domain.

Do you know how to check?
Commander Kinsey
2022-01-03 21:23:38 UTC
Post by Fredxx
Post by Commander Kinsey
^^^^^^^^^^___ You don't own nor have permission to
use this registered & active domain.
Actually it isn't. Were you thinking of spam.com? Please pay attention at the back.
The only idiot here is the one who thinks that nospam.com isn't
registered. It is and you don't own the domain.
Do you know how to check?
Try going to it. It's for sale, just like iurvesiugbstgb.com. You can buy either if you want.

And I'm not "using" the domain by stating it here. Anyone who spams it however, is.

Let me make this simple for your simple mind:
I spot a car that's left unlocked. I point it out to you. You steal the car. Who's the theif?
Fredxx
2022-01-03 21:27:56 UTC
Post by Fredxx
                      ^^^^^^^^^^___ You don't own nor have
permission to
                                    use this registered & active
domain.
Actually it isn't.  Were you thinking of spam.com?  Please pay attention
at the back.
The only idiot here is the one who thinks that nospam.com isn't
registered. It is and you don't own the domain.
Do you know how to check?
Try going to it.  It's for sale, just like iurvesiugbstgb.com.  You can
buy either if you want.
And I'm not "using" the domain by stating it here.  Anyone who spams it
however, is.
I spot a car that's left unlocked.  I point it out to you.  You steal
the car.  Who's the theif?
You are complicit where you are aiding and abetting the theft through
Joint Enterprise.
Commander Kinsey
Stop being such a pedantic fuckwit. There is no judge on this earth who would do me for saying to you, "hey that car's not locked".
Commander Kinsey
2022-01-04 11:47:08 UTC
Post by Commander Kinsey
Post by Fredxx
Post by Commander Kinsey
I spot a car that's left unlocked. I point it out to you. You
steal the car. Who's the theif?
You are complicit where you are aiding and abetting the theft through
Joint Enterprise.
Stop being such a pedantic fuckwit. There is no judge on this earth
who would do me for saying to you, "hey that car's not locked".
I think we're now aware of the age (physical or mental) of "Commander".
Let me try another example to educate you:

I fit a burglar alarm to my house. A burglar avoids my house and breaks into next door. According to your way of thinking, I'm an accomplice to that theft.
Fredxx
2022-01-04 12:51:28 UTC
Post by Fredxx
I spot a car that's left unlocked.  I point it out to you.  You
steal the car.  Who's the theif?
You are complicit where you are aiding and abetting the theft through
Joint Enterprise.
Stop being such a pedantic fuckwit.  There is no judge on this earth
who would do me for saying to you, "hey that car's not locked".
I think we're now aware of the age (physical or mental) of "Commander".
I fit a burglar alarm to my house.  A burglar avoids my house and breaks
into next door.  According to your way of thinking, I'm an accomplice to
that theft.
If you told the burglar the alarm was ineffective and gave
encouragement, then yes, absolutely.
Fredxx
2022-01-04 19:28:41 UTC
Post by Fredxx
Post by Fredxx
I spot a car that's left unlocked.  I point it out to you.  You
steal the car.  Who's the theif?
You are complicit where you are aiding and abetting the theft through
Joint Enterprise.
Stop being such a pedantic fuckwit.  There is no judge on this earth
who would do me for saying to you, "hey that car's not locked".
I think we're now aware of the age (physical or mental) of "Commander".
I fit a burglar alarm to my house.  A burglar avoids my house and breaks
into next door.  According to your way of thinking, I'm an accomplice to
that theft.
If you told the burglar the alarm was ineffective and gave
encouragement, then yes, absolutely.
You mean putting up a sign saying "warning this house is alarmed"?
Which is obviously going to make him try the next house.
No that is not what I meant, re-read my post. Your skills in English
comprehension need improving.
Commander Kinsey
2022-01-04 20:06:54 UTC
Post by Fredxx
Post by Fredxx
Post by Commander Kinsey
Post by Commander Kinsey
Post by Fredxx
Post by Commander Kinsey
[...]
You're not quite with it, I'm talking about my house with a working alarm and the neighbour's house with no alarm. There was never a defective alarm mentioned.

Quite funny you say I have comprehension skills after proving you don't.
Chris
2022-01-04 20:58:19 UTC
Post by Commander Kinsey
Post by Fredxx
Post by Commander Kinsey
I spot a car that's left unlocked. I point it out to you. You steal
the car. Who's the theif?
You are complicit where you are aiding and abetting the theft through
Joint Enterprise.
Stop being such a pedantic fuckwit. There is no judge on this earth who
would do me for saying to you, "hey that car's not locked".
They absolutely would if, based on the knowledge you gave, Fred stole it
and you did nothing to stop him.
https://www.cps.gov.uk/legal-guidance/inchoate-offences

In fact, for serious crimes you could be prosecuted for simply suggesting a
criminal act even if that act never occurred.

Given your other post the police would laugh at how crap a criminal you
are. "Nah, mate you can't arrest me. See this gold bar? Bob stole it and
gave it to me. I also told bob the security van door was unlocked. So it's
mine and you can't do anything about it." "You're nicked, sunshine!" :D
Commander Kinsey
2022-01-04 00:11:31 UTC
NOTE: Excessive cross-posted by, um, "Commander" thwarted. Newsgroup
count reduced from 4 to 2.
Post by Commander Kinsey
^^^^^^^^^^___ You don't own nor have permission to
use this registered & active domain.
Actually it isn't. Were you thinking of spam.com? Please pay attention at the back.
nospam.com is both a registered and active domain (webhosted at
linode.com). It isn't yours. There is nothing at the squatter's site
granting your use of their domain.
It is not used. It is for sale.
So, tell us which domain you paid for its registration, and is active
with a web or mail server, so we can start energizing crap to bombard
your domain. See how you like the abuse.
What mail server would they be using then, since they are clearly just selling it along with millions of others?
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc5322#section-3.6.2
from = "From:" mailbox-list CRLF
In all cases, the "From:" field SHOULD NOT contain any mailbox that does
not belong to the author(s) of the message.
The RFCs are not law. They're silly little rules for geeky OCD fuckwits like you to moan about. Oh look, my lines are over 80 characters.
VanguardLH
Ah, more rationalization from a rude child aka troll.
Commander Kinsey
No, a statement of fact.
Peeler
2022-01-03 20:50:05 UTC
On Mon, 3 Jan 2022 14:46:24 -0500, Paul, another mentally deficient
In effect, you're in possession of stolen goods.
In effect, you've been effectively trolled by the well-known, clinically
insane, Scottish sociopath and attention whore!
Commander Kinsey
2022-01-03 22:04:27 UTC
=========
Post by Commander Kinsey
[...]
A manufacturer here in Sydney ( Jands Electronics) made a "pre-production" batch of a new model power amplifier for professional use.
They wisely chose to road test it in the expected environment - on the road with live bands.
They proved to be problematic in several respects and the design was heavily revised for the production version.
The sample amps were fully labelled with the maker's logo and the same model number as the later versions.
Well that was pretty stupid of them. At least Intel stamp their CPUs with "engineering sample".
Think there were about 20 of them, put into storage for eventual disposal.
Then an enterprising staff member obtained them and decided he could sell them all to a local second hand dealer - letting him believe they were just like the regular models on sale at the time - but for a very low price so giving him a large mark up.
So he lied. But my question was about selling them as engineering samples.
Commander Kinsey
2022-01-03 23:29:48 UTC
====================
Post by Commander Kinsey
A manufacturer here in Sydney ( Jands Electronics) made a "pre-production" batch of a new model power amplifier for professional use.
They wisely chose to road test it in the expected environment - on the road with live bands.
They proved to be problematic in several respects and the design was heavily revised for the production version.
The sample amps were fully labelled with the maker's logo and the same model number as the later versions.
Well that was pretty stupid of them.
** Not at all - if problems were small or fixable the amps would have been used in the same company's hire business.
Needed to look right for that job.
No need to have the same model number.
Post by Commander Kinsey
Think there were about 20 of them, put into storage for eventual disposal.
Then an enterprising staff member obtained them and decided he could sell them all to a local second hand dealer
- letting him believe they were just like the regular models on sale at the time - but for a very low price so giving him a large mark up.
So he lied.
** No. He deceived a gullible fool and sold items that wound up hurting the company he worked for.
That is a lie, he did not say they were tests.
Post by Commander Kinsey
But my question was about selling them as engineering samples.
** The situations are parallel.
In both cases the items were not meant for sale for good reasons.
And assholes like YOU wanted to circumvent that decision for their own benefit.
No, if I buy an engineering sample advertised as such, I don't expect it to work perfectly.

Newsgroups reinstated.
Brian Gaff (Sofa)
2022-01-04 08:13:45 UTC
I've only seen this one post, but I know pre production models of things
can slip out for whatever reason. I had a computer once where the pcb had
been manufactured with a fault, tend you can clearly see back then where the
tracks had been manually cut and wires bridged the contacts to the right
places, leaving the tracks as orphans.
Likewise a number of Sinclair ZX Spectrums in the early days were made with
known faulty ULA chips and a logic chip glued to the surface with its legs
splayed and wired to make the circuit work.
The first batch of Phillips CD100s the very first CD player on the market
had quite a lot of wires cut tracks and components wired in odd ways inside
it. I have to say that none of these what we might call bodges ever caused
any trouble during the lives of the products. The CD100 is in fact still
working, although its tendency to jump if a gnat walks across the floor
shows it does not have the memory buffers in modern players.
Brian
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
***@blueyonder.co.uk
Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
Post by Commander Kinsey
====================
Newsgroups reinstated.
Peeler
2022-01-04 09:26:56 UTC
On Tue, 4 Jan 2022 08:13:45 -0000, Brainless & Daft, the notorious,
Post by Brian Gaff (Sofa)
I've only seen this one post,
And one post is enough for you to instantly start feeding the trolling
attention whore again, you filthy disgusting troll-feeding blind cretin!
rbowman
2022-01-04 14:53:26 UTC
Post by Brian Gaff (Sofa)
Likewise a number of Sinclair ZX Spectrums in the early days were made with
known faulty ULA chips and a logic chip glued to the surface with its legs
splayed and wired to make the circuit work.
When the ZX80 came out it was available as an unassembled kit for $99. I
don't remember the exact problem but I had to tweak it ti get it to run.

Osborne came out with a 100 column conversion for the Osborne 1. CMOS
was a new technology and while it normally saved power, dissipation
increased with frequency. The circuit would work until the chip got hot.
I replace it with the equivalent LS part and all was good.

Back in those days I could see the components without a microscope so
component level troubleshooting was feasible.
Peeler
2022-01-04 15:56:02 UTC
On Tue, 4 Jan 2022 07:53:26 -0700, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,
Post by rbowman
Back in those days I could see the components without a microscope so
component level troubleshooting was feasible.
I bet that even back in those days you were an endlessly driveling bigmouth
and braggart! <BG>
Sysadmin
2022-01-04 16:01:22 UTC
Post by rbowman
Osborne came out with a 100 column conversion for the Osborne 1. CMOS
was a new technology and while it normally saved power, dissipation
increased with frequency. The circuit would work until the chip got
hot. I replace it with the equivalent LS part and all was good.
The BBC computer had a similar problem - the early versions had to have
an heatsink on a certain chip to keep it cool, I half remember. I also
had a timing issue with an S100 computer I built and partially designed.
I finally spotted the issue, when I could afford to buy a 'scope, but by
then it was too late - my homebuilt was due for replacement with
something better.
I think now that designer have simply become more skilled and obviously
the range of components have improved massively.
They use logic analysers in simulations now before the design gets
anywhere near a product.
Commander Kinsey
2022-01-04 19:04:21 UTC
Post by Sysadmin
Post by rbowman
[...]
Remember all those "sx" processors? DX Processores where the
floating point processors built on the fie were defective, and rather
than discard everything they just blew a few "fuses" on the chip and
sold them as SX on boards where an external FPU could be mounted if
you needed the FPU function
That's another myth. At introduction, the SX's used the same silicone
as the DX product, with the floating point unit untested and disabled.
If Intel were to have relied on die where the floating point unit was
defective, there wouldn't have been enough to meet the enormous demand
for SX product. This was high yield production at Intel not Joe's
crap line. And within a year Intel had a new SX version with the floating point
unit removed, which made the die smaller, less costly to produce
and more profitable. That was the plan all along.
You could buy an SX and reenable the coprocessor.
Commander Kinsey
2022-01-06 17:59:30 UTC
Remember all those "sx" processors? DX Processores where the
floating point processors built on the fie were defective, and rather
than discard everything they just blew a few "fuses" on the chip and
sold them as SX on boards where an external FPU could be mounted if
you needed the FPU function
That's another myth. At introduction, the SX's used the same silicone
as the DX product, with the floating point unit untested and disabled.
If Intel were to have relied on die where the floating point unit was
defective, there wouldn't have been enough to meet the enormous demand
for SX product. This was high yield production at Intel not Joe's
crap line. And within a year Intel had a new SX version with the floating point
unit removed, which made the die smaller, less costly to produce
and more profitable. That was the plan all along.
The practice is called binning, and is used by all processor
1) Parts that fail at higher core frequencies but function at a
lesser target +/- margin% will be sold as slower SKUs.
2) Multicore parts where some of the cores fail manufacturing
testing - the failing cores will be fused out and binned
into a lesser-core-count SKU (e.g. 8c16t instead of 16c32t).
3) Optional features, such as optional FP or SIMD instruction sets
or cryptographic features subject to export constraints will
be irrevocably fused out and binned in a specific SKU available
to export markets.
It costs significant amounts of money to design and manufacture
a processor, and the typical die yield is far less than 100%[*]; without
fusing/binning, processors would be far more expensive than
they are now - particularly as we transition to 5nm and 3nm process nodes where
the yield is currently significantly lower than older process nodes (yields can
be less than 50% on a new process node).
[*] Highly confidential and proprietary number kept close by chip vendors.
We know that, it's been going on since the dawn of the industry. None of it
is inconsistent with what I posted.
Why do you object to someone adding information to your post?
Commander Kinsey
I once broke a Pentium 2 or 3 (or that sort of era) by pushing hard with a screwdriver on the heatsink mount. It slipped and scratched the top of it (the tracks from the actual processor across to the pins). The technician where I worked had such a steady hand he resoldered it under a microscope.
Commander Kinsey
2022-01-04 19:05:18 UTC
Post by rbowman
Osborne came out with a 100 column conversion for the Osborne 1. CMOS
was a new technology and while it normally saved power, dissipation
increased with frequency. The circuit would work until the chip got
hot. I replace it with the equivalent LS part and all was good.
The BBC computer had a similar problem - the early versions had to have
an heatsink on a certain chip to keep it cool, I half remember.
I had one of the very early ones and don't remember any such problem.
They were supplied initially with a non-switching P/S that ran rather
hot, but a better switch-mode power supply (astec?) was supplied
free-of-charge a few months later.
The ones I encountered were very heavy, so I assume not switching. I don't remember excessive heat. It's not like we used to run the CPUs flat out back then.
rbowman
What, you didn't have a Turbo button?
Peeler
2022-01-05 09:53:43 UTC
On Tue, 4 Jan 2022 19:28:36 -0700, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,
Post by rbowman
What, you didn't have a Turbo button?
What, you are back to feeding the trolling Scottish wanker, you weird senile
bigmouth?
--
More typical idiotic senile gossip by lowbrowwoman:
"It's been years since I've been in a fast food burger joint but I used
MID: <***@mid.individual.net>
Commander Kinsey
I had one on a 386, which didn't even have a heatsink. That changed it from 8MHz to 16MHz. I'd so love to travel back in time with some recent kit and laugh at their technology.
Commander Kinsey
2022-01-04 18:59:24 UTC
=============================
I've only seen this one post, but I know pre production models of things
can slip out for whatever reason.
** No you don't.
I had a computer once where the pcb had
been manufactured with a fault, tend you can clearly see back then where the
tracks had been manually cut and wires bridged the contacts to the right
places, leaving the tracks as orphans.
** So fucking what ? That is not an example..
Likewise a number of Sinclair ZX Spectrums in the early days were made with
known faulty ULA chips and a logic chip glued to the surface with its legs
splayed and wired to make the circuit work.
** Still very much meant to be sold - so not a failed prototype.
The first batch of Phillips CD100s the very first CD player on the market
had quite a lot of wires cut tracks and components wired in odd ways inside
it. I have to say that none of these what we might call bodges ever caused
any trouble during the lives of the products.
** Just destroyed your own bullshit case.
Do grow up.

And if you're going to insult someone, you need to post it to the group he reads it in.
Commander Kinsey
2022-01-04 21:46:34 UTC
Post by Commander Kinsey
=============================
[...]
** You need to stop fucking your elderly mom.
Thanks for reinforcing your childishness.
Post by Commander Kinsey
And if you're going to insult someone, you need to post it to the group he reads it in.
** The "reply all '' icon works for me.
Fuckhead.
No, it's broken. You're only posting to one group, and he isn't in it.
Commander Kinsey
2022-01-05 02:00:49 UTC
Post by Commander Kinsey
Post by Commander Kinsey
=============================
[...]
** But you need to stop mother fucking - really.
Don't be such a prude.
Post by Commander Kinsey
Post by Commander Kinsey
And if you're going to insult someone, you need to post it to the group he reads it in.
** The "reply all '' icon works for me.
Fuckhead.
No, it's broken.
** Tell Google Groups, not me.
ROTFPMSL! You use google groups?! Get a real newsreader you stupid newbie. I think I ought to killfile anyone using that shite.
Post by Commander Kinsey
You're only posting to one group, and he isn't in it.
** But *strangely* his words are .... and he reacted to my post.
AFAIK he's only in alt.computer.workshop. I often re-add the groups you delete, so he probably saw my post, not yours.
Leave that old lady alone you cruel pervert.
=================================
Don't be such a prude, they enjoy it.
Commander Kinsey
2022-01-08 23:09:51 UTC
** When you have noting left to say -
SHUT THE FUCK UP !!!!
LOSER.
It's "nothing", not "noting". And why are you still using those silly little childish asterisks? Do you think your posts are more valuable than anyone else's?

And don't expect a discussion if you delete the context.
Commander Kinsey
Brian
Commander Kinsey
2022-01-04 18:22:13 UTC
====================
Post by Commander Kinsey
** Not at all - if problems were small or fixable the amps would have been used in the same company's hire business.
Needed to look right for that job.
No need to have the same model number.
** To assist sales of the new model - it was needed.
Add a T on the end for "test".
Post by Commander Kinsey
Post by Commander Kinsey
So he lied.
** No. He deceived a gullible fool and sold items that wound up hurting the company he worked for.
That is a lie,
** He was simply being " economical with the facts" some of which he did not know.
Pretty sure he knew they were test models.
Post by Commander Kinsey
Post by Commander Kinsey
But my question was about selling them as engineering samples.
** The situations are parallel.
In both cases the items were not meant for sale for good reasons.
And assholes like YOU wanted to circumvent that decision for their own benefit.
No,
** Yes - you fucking LIAR
Again, "my question was about selling them as engineering samples", meaning the buyer knows full well what they are getting into. If I sell you a 2nd hand car, do you expect it to be as reliable as a new one?
Commander Kinsey
2022-01-05 02:02:33 UTC
==============================
Post by Commander Kinsey
Post by Commander Kinsey
But my question was about selling them as engineering samples.
** The situations are parallel.
In both cases the items were not meant for sale for good reasons.
And assholes like YOU wanted to circumvent that decision for their own benefit.
No,
** Yes - you fucking LIAR
Again, "my question was about selling them as engineering samples",
** With a caveat they were not for sale as they may contain defects.
Exactly like the 20 amps I cited.
FOAD you pig headed troll.
If the buyer knows what they're getting,
** Fake use of "if" condition.
"If" is a pretty simple word, why do you have a problem with it? Plenty are sold clearly stating "engineering sample".
Just like ALL your narcissistic, fucked up, fake reasoning.
FOAD - asshole.
Your anger only goes to show you're losing the argument.
Mr Pounder Esquire
Hucker is a well known troll. Best not to feed the twat.
R.Wieser
2022-01-04 09:19:53 UTC
Kinsey,
They clearly say sample on them. If I bought one knowing it's a sample,
why would I have a problem?
Still playing stupid I see ...

Because you should be aware by now (if you wheren't already) that those
engineering sample CPU are not theirs to sell. When you than decide to buy
them anyway you would be *knowingly* be part of a theft.

And that 'knowingly' part is something the Law does not take lightly. If
they would ever find out you would be forced to return the goods to the
actual owner - without getting your money back - and likely be "invited" to
spend some quality time in one of the Laws "relaxation centers".

The positive side of that that the boarding, meals and doctor visits are
free. :-)

Regards,
Rudy Wieser
Commander Kinsey
Most people wouldn't know. If I buy a mower on Gumtree listed as 2nd hand and it was stolen, I can't be blamed for not knowing.
Chris
2022-01-04 21:03:12 UTC
Post by Commander Kinsey
Post by R.Wieser
Kinsey,
They clearly say sample on them. If I bought one knowing it's a sample,
why would I have a problem?
Still playing stupid I see ...
Because you should be aware by now (if you wheren't already) that those
engineering sample CPU are not theirs to sell. When you than decide to buy
them anyway you would be *knowingly* be part of a theft.
And that 'knowingly' part is something the Law does not take lightly. If
they would ever find out you would be forced to return the goods to the
actual owner - without getting your money back - and likely be "invited" to
spend some quality time in one of the Laws "relaxation centers".
The positive side of that that the boarding, meals and doctor visits are
free. :-)
Most people wouldn't know. If I buy a mower on Gumtree listed as 2nd
hand and it was stolen, I can't be blamed for not knowing.
Ignorance is no excuse in the eyes of the law. At the very least it would
be confiscated from you. And if the mower had "property of Intel" stamped
on it then you could be done for handling stolen goods.
Commander Kinsey
Ignorance does not imply guilt. Property of Intel only means it used to be belong to them. For example I've sold dozens of computers from my work, still with such labels on them. I was saving them money by not having them charged for recycling, while getting some cash on Ebay.
Peeler
2022-01-04 23:13:08 UTC
On Tue, 4 Jan 2022 22:53:28 -0000 (UTC), Chris, another absolutely brain
Only if it is reasonable. Buying a 2nd hand mower on gumtree is one thing,
but buying something you know to be suspect is another. The very fact you
posted here asking the question is implicit admission of the fact.
So for how long are you still going to feed the troll, you mentally
deficient senile sick IDIOT?
Commander Kinsey
But most buyers will not.
Commander Kinsey
2022-01-04 19:08:42 UTC
Post by R.Wieser
Kinsey,
They clearly say sample on them. If I bought one knowing it's a sample,
why would I have a problem?
Still playing stupid I see ...
Because you should be aware by now (if you wheren't already) that those
engineering sample CPU are not theirs to sell. When you than decide to buy
them anyway you would be *knowingly* be part of a theft.
And that 'knowingly' part is something the Law does not take lightly. If
they would ever find out you would be forced to return the goods to the
actual owner - without getting your money back - and likely be "invited" to
spend some quality time in one of the Laws "relaxation centers".
The positive side of that that the boarding, meals and doctor visits are
free. :-)
Regards,
Rudy Wieser
This reminds me of something similar. There are many "entities" selling
Windows-Pro (OEM) keys for under $20, while a "proper" one will set you
back $160. It surprises me that this is allowed to go on and is being
treated "so lightly". I will almost surely be the sucker who pays $160,
but the difference is enough to make one stop and think about it. I
wonder why they don't ask for $260 or $360? I only paid $99 for my OEM
copy of Windows-7 (pro), but at least I got Windows-10 as a free update
to it. I would like to upgrade, but will wait until it is easier to buy
a sensible GPU at a sensible price.
What do you mean by entities? It's perfectly legal to buy OEM anything, including Windows. You can get them from a major seller in the UK. You just miss out on the big manual and some support or something.
Commander Kinsey
2022-01-05 02:05:55 UTC
A manufacturer here in Sydney ( Jands Electronics) made a "pre-production" batch of a new model power amplifier for professional use.
They wisely chose to road test it in the expected environment - on the road with live bands.
They proved to be problematic in several respects and the design was heavily revised for the production version.
The sample amps were fully labelled with the maker's logo and the same model number as the later versions.
Think there were about 20 of them, put into storage for eventual disposal.
Then an enterprising staff member obtained them and decided he could sell them all to a local second hand dealer - letting him believe they were just like the regular models on sale at the time - but for a very low price so giving him a large mark up.
Sounds like many of the components comming out of China on ebay. Others
they must relable junk parts to company logos.
Some is good, some is shit, but you can get money back for the shit.

I bought some Li Ion batteries claiming 2.5 times more capacity than the best Panasonic ones. They actually had a third of the Panasonic's capacity when I tested them. As soon as I suggested they weren't up to spec, I got a 100% refund and could keep them. They know they're fiddling.

But I bought a battery charger for 99p including postage from China, and it works perfectly.