Is it cos I is workin class?
2019-10-31 16:15:40 UTC
Chancellor Sajid Javid shows himself to be a publicity seeking oaf, and
incredibly rude.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-50246099

Hugh Grant has hit back after being criticised for not shaking
Chancellor Sajid Javid's hand at a film premiere.

In an interview with ES Magazine, Mr Javid said he put his hand out to
the Hollywood star and said "lovely to meet you" - but Grant refused to
shake it. "I think that is incredibly rude," said the chancellor.

On Twitter, Grant put across "my side of the story", saying he declined
the handshake because he felt Mr Javid was dismissive to press abuse
victims.

Grant, 59, has been one of the leading voices in the campaign for
stricter press regulation, after being one of the victims of the
phone-hacking scandal.

He said his exact words to Mr Javid were: "If you don't mind, I won't
shake your hand because you were rude and dismissive to the victims of
press abuse when you met them as culture secretary."

"Hugh would like to point out that the victims in question were not
celebrities," the spokesman added. "They were people with personal
family tragedies who had been abused by sections of the press."

In his interview, Mr Javid, 49, said [snip] "I wonder if people like
Hugh Grant think they are part of the elite and they look down on
working class people no matter what station they reach in life."
Grik-basstardo®™
2019-10-31 16:34:34 UTC
Chancellor Sajid Javid shows himself to be a publicity seeking oaf, and
incredibly rude.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-50246099
Hugh Grant has hit back after being criticised for not shaking
Chancellor Sajid Javid's hand at a film premiere.
In an interview with ES Magazine, Mr Javid said he put his hand out to
the Hollywood star and said "lovely to meet you" - but Grant refused to
shake it. "I think that is incredibly rude," said the chancellor.
On Twitter, Grant put across "my side of the story", saying he declined
the handshake because he felt Mr Javid was dismissive to press abuse
victims.
Grant, 59, has been one of the leading voices in the campaign for
stricter press regulation, after being one of the victims of the
phone-hacking scandal.
A victim? Oh, boo hoo.
"Or maybe is it cos I is a Paki?"
Peeler
2019-10-31 17:14:36 UTC
On Thu, 31 Oct 2019 09:34:34 -0700, clinically insane, pedophilic, serbian
sexual cripple, making an ass of herself as "Grik-basstardo®™", farted
again:

<FLUSH the typical psycohpathic trollshit>
"Isn't it time that paedophiles were admitted to the LGBTQ rainbow?
Now that every other sexual deviation seems to have been accommodated?"
MID: <Y8LUE.513827$***@usenetxs.com>
John
Hugh found a good gobbler...
Dan S. MacAbre
2019-10-31 22:22:08 UTC
[...]
ISTM that Grant once made a living on the back of his persona of the
well-mannered, bridge-building, deprecating English gentleman. Instead,
he is revealed as nothing more than a self-regarding,
politically-motivated, grandstanding luvvie.
R. Mark Clayton
You are being uncharacteristically generous, but remember for Hugh it is just an act.
Pamela
2019-11-01 09:06:48 UTC
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by The Todal
[...]
I think you mean he is revealed as a man of principle. That's something
you could never accuse Sajid Javid of.
Incubus
That was my first thought when he got caught with his dick in a brass' mouth.
Pamela
2019-11-01 10:06:20 UTC
Post by Incubus
Post by Pamela
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by The Todal
[...]
I'm not sure his sexual preferences would alter his willingness to stick
by his principles.

On the other hand Sajid Javid is one of Boris's greatest toadies. The
fool is still trying to persuade people with transparent lies that Boris's
spending plans are sound and affordable. Until then I thought he was one
of the more honest politicians.
Incubus
2019-11-01 10:14:03 UTC
Post by Pamela
Post by Incubus
Post by Pamela
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by The Todal
[...]
His then partner might have a different opinion.
Post by Pamela
On the other hand Sajid Javid is one of Boris's greatest toadies. The
fool is still trying to persuade people with transparent lies that Boris's
spending plans are sound and affordable. Until then I thought he was one
of the more honest politicians.
Now we get to the bottom of it - having a different opinion means someone is a
liar.
Pamela

What liars say is disconnected from the truth.
Grik-basstardo®™
Such are 'principles' in Hollyvood.
Peeler
2019-11-01 13:21:46 UTC
On Fri, 01 Nov 2019 06:05:12 -0700, clinically insane, pedophilic, serbian
Post by Grik-basstardo®™
Post by Incubus
Post by Pamela
I think you mean he is revealed as a man of principle.
That was my first thought when he got caught with his dick in a brass' mouth.
Such are 'principles' in Hollyvood.
At least he didn't get caught with his dick inside a kid, pedophilic gay
Razovic!
youngsters 'mature'."
MID: <gKNUE.1374684$***@usenetxs.com>
Dan S. MacAbre
I'm sorry, but I don't think there is ever a good reason for rudeness.
Pamela
2019-11-01 12:39:56 UTC
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Pamela
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by The Todal
[...]
Presumably you're referring to why Hugh Grant said he wouldn't shake
Javid's hand.
Dan S. MacAbre
2019-11-01 12:53:50 UTC
Post by Pamela
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Pamela
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by The Todal
[...]
To my mind, Grant is no better now. There is, I suppose, the 'well he
started it' argument, but I don't consider that to be particularly
admirable. I ought to say up front that my opinion of actors largely
matches my opinion of policitians.

But if life is all about optics now, I suppose I ought to get used to
seeing rudeness. IMVHO, we are all worse off for it.
Pamela
2019-11-01 13:31:35 UTC
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Pamela
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Pamela
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by The Todal
[...]
It's surely the way of the world. Politeness and gentility is hardly the
natural state of affairs.
Dan S. MacAbre
2019-11-01 13:41:10 UTC
Post by Pamela
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Pamela
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Pamela
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by The Todal
[...]
You've been watching too many of those Leni Riefenstahl films :-)

But you're right of course, although I like to imagine that they are
worth preserving. OTOH, I am aware that opinion is divided on such
matters :-)
Grik-basstardo®™
2019-11-01 13:07:09 UTC
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Pamela
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by The Todal
[...]
Winston Churchill once said, "When you have to kill a man, it costs
nothing to be polite."
Peeler
2019-11-01 13:23:43 UTC
On Fri, 01 Nov 2019 06:07:09 -0700, clinically insane, pedophilic, serbian
Post by Grik-basstardo®™
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
I'm sorry, but I don't think there is ever a good reason for rudeness.
Winston Churchill once said, "When you have to kill a man, it costs
nothing to be polite."
STILL hoping to come across as a "Brit", you perverted serb peasant? <BG>
on Facebook is incapable of consent?"
MID: <Og0VE.1298131$***@usenetxs.com>
Peeler
2019-11-01 13:25:23 UTC
On Fri, 1 Nov 2019 13:28:15 +0000, Dan S. MacAbre, another mentally
Can't argue with that. :-) It might even put them off their guard for a
few critical seconds.
THAT's the kind of retarded "feedback" the perverted clinically insane troll
thrives on, you senile asshole! <tsk>
The Todal
I think you're actually describing Boris Johnson.
Dan S. MacAbre
2019-11-01 10:22:16 UTC
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by The Todal
[...]
Good one :-) But did Boris acually get round to building his bridges?
I guess some things are best left in the land of dreams.
Pancho
He is an actor, right? He pretends, that's what they do.
Dan S. MacAbre
2019-11-01 10:29:04 UTC
Post by Pancho
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
ISTM that Grant once made a living on the back of his persona of the
well-mannered, bridge-building, deprecating English gentleman.
Instead, he is revealed as nothing more than a self-regarding,
politically-motivated, grandstanding luvvie.
He is an actor, right? He pretends, that's what they do.
I know, but since he only ever really played 'one part', I'm guessing
that he liked people to think he was really like that.
Pancho
2019-11-01 10:34:27 UTC
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Pancho
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
ISTM that Grant once made a living on the back of his persona of the
well-mannered, bridge-building, deprecating English gentleman.
Instead, he is revealed as nothing more than a self-regarding,
politically-motivated, grandstanding luvvie.
He is an actor, right? He pretends, that's what they do.
I know, but since he only ever really played 'one part', I'm guessing
that he liked people to think he was really like that.
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugh_Grant>

"Although I owe whatever success I've had to Four Weddings and a
Funeral, it did become frustrating after a bit that people made two
assumptions: One was that I was that character – when in fact nothing
could be further from the truth, as I'm sure Richard would tell you –
and the other frustrating thing was that they thought that's all I could
do."
Dan S. MacAbre
2019-11-01 10:46:20 UTC
Post by Pancho
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Pancho
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
ISTM that Grant once made a living on the back of his persona of the
well-mannered, bridge-building, deprecating English gentleman.
Instead, he is revealed as nothing more than a self-regarding,
politically-motivated, grandstanding luvvie.
He is an actor, right? He pretends, that's what they do.
I know, but since he only ever really played 'one part', I'm guessing
that he liked people to think he was really like that.
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugh_Grant>
Interesting article. Are you a fan, by any chance? If so, I'm sorry
for my apparent rudeness :-)
Post by Pancho
"Although I owe whatever success I've had to Four Weddings and a
Funeral, it did become frustrating after a bit that people made two
assumptions: One was that I was that character – when in fact nothing
could be further from the truth, as I'm sure Richard would tell you –
and the other frustrating thing was that they thought that's all I could
do."
I remember seeing him in The Lair of the White Worm, which was about as
odd a film as one could hope for.
Pancho
2019-11-01 10:56:17 UTC
Post by Pancho
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Pancho
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
ISTM that Grant once made a living on the back of his persona of
the well-mannered, bridge-building, deprecating English gentleman.
Instead, he is revealed as nothing more than a self-regarding,
politically-motivated, grandstanding luvvie.
He is an actor, right? He pretends, that's what they do.
I know, but since he only ever really played 'one part', I'm guessing
that he liked people to think he was really like that.
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugh_Grant>
Interesting article.  Are you a fan, by any chance?  If so, I'm sorry
for my apparent rudeness :-)
Not particularly, Its more I don't like Javid.

I have listened to Grant speak on issues such as phone taps and he has
appeared to present a reasonable well argued case.
Dan S. MacAbre
Incubus
Divine Brown?
Dan S. MacAbre
:-)
Pancho
2019-11-01 11:12:19 UTC
Post by Incubus
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Pancho
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Pancho
"Although I owe whatever success I've had to Four Weddings and a
Funeral, it did become frustrating after a bit that people made two
assumptions: One was that I was that character – when in fact nothing
could be further from the truth, as I'm sure Richard would tell you –
and the other frustrating thing was that they thought that's all I could
do."
I remember seeing him in The Lair of the White Worm
Divine Brown?
Ah yes.

That brings to mind Paul Newman's famous quote.

"Why Go Out For Hamburgers When I Have Steak At Home?"

I appreciate a good steak, but every now and again I get a hankering for
a hamburger.
Joe
2019-11-01 10:48:14 UTC
On Fri, 1 Nov 2019 10:25:31 +0000
Post by Pancho
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
ISTM that Grant once made a living on the back of his persona of
the well-mannered, bridge-building, deprecating English gentleman.
Instead, he is revealed as nothing more than a self-regarding,
politically-motivated, grandstanding luvvie.
He is an actor, right? He pretends, that's what they do.
Yes, but actors and actresses used to be professionals.

We have a name for people who elevate their personal opinions over
doing the job they have *agreed* *to* *do* and are being paid to do, and
it's 'amateurs'.

I've turned down a couple of jobs for personal reasons, but I have done
so politely, and never, ever backed out of a job after I'd agreed to do
it.
Joe
Pancho
2019-11-01 10:32:14 UTC
In his interview, Mr Javid, 49, said  [snip] "I wonder if people like
Hugh Grant think they are part of the elite and they look down on
working class people no matter what station they reach in life."
I think this is another case of freudian projection.

Javid wants to be superior. He is even insecure enough to tell us that
he is superior by dint of the "station" he has achieved in life.
Casual Observer
He started with a massive disadvantage.
Pancho
What, you mean disadvantaged by being a bit thick?
Grik-basstardo®™
And quite a bit Paki.
Peeler
2019-11-02 16:52:00 UTC
On Sat, 02 Nov 2019 05:41:46 -0700, clinically insane, pedophilic, serbian
Post by Grik-basstardo®™
Post by Pancho
What, you mean disadvantaged by being a bit thick?
And quite a bit Paki.
Beats being a bit serb, dreckserb Razovic! LOL
is any "meaningful" debate to lower the age of consent:
"If there isn't, there should be."
MID: <ZAMUE.174724$***@usenetxs.com>