What remainers want ....
Add Reply
Mike >
2019-10-05 09:52:17 UTC
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/10/04/trawler-14-times-size-uk-fishing-boats-plundering-fish-british/

They want UK poorer than now

They want NHS to be declared as Balkans Health Center

They want Britain to have foreign debt of 500 billion pounds

Thery want to shop and eat from German supermarkets to get mass poisened
quickly

Remainers are TRAITORS to this nation.
GB
2019-10-05 10:11:30 UTC
Post by Mike >
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/10/04/trawler-14-times-size-uk-fishing-boats-plundering-fish-british/
They want UK poorer than now
They want NHS to be declared as Balkans Health Center
They want Britain to have foreign debt of 500 billion pounds
Thery want to shop and eat from German supermarkets to get mass poisened
quickly
Remainers are TRAITORS to this nation.
Gordon Bennett! I'm a Remainer. I had no idea at all that I want all
these things. Thank goodness you told me.

Now, if I become a Brexiter, want do I want? Explain please.
shick old yidoid pedo Baruch "Barry" Shein (aka "Ron Jacobsohn")
2019-10-05 13:28:19 UTC
On Sat, 5 Oct 2019 11:11:30 +0100, jewboi GB (jb)
Post by GB
Post by Mike >
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/10/04/trawler-14-times-size-uk-fishing-boats-plundering-fish-british/
They want UK poorer than now
They want NHS to be declared as Balkans Health Center
They want Britain to have foreign debt of 500 billion pounds
Thery want to shop and eat from German supermarkets to get mass poisened
quickly
Remainers are TRAITORS to this nation.
Gordon Bennett! I'm a Remainer. I had no idea at all that I want all
these things. Thank goodness you told me.
You're not a Remainer....you're being EXPELLED!
Brexit won't make any difference to you in 'Israeel'.
NEMO
2019-10-05 14:05:56 UTC
Brexit won't make any difference if you're a damned polack.
TSSK!
Peeler
2019-10-05 16:19:47 UTC
On Sat, 05 Oct 2019 06:28:19 -0700, clinically insane, pedophilic, serbian
Post by shick old yidoid pedo Baruch "Barry" Shein (aka "Ron Jacobsohn")
Post by GB
Gordon Bennett! I'm a Remainer. I had no idea at all that I want all
these things. Thank goodness you told me.
You're not a Remainer....you're being EXPELLED!
What an IDIOT you are, Razovic!
Post by GB
Now, if I become a Brexiter, want do I want? Explain please.
Brexit won't make any difference to you in 'Israeel'.
Again: What an IDIOT you are! <tsk>
being widely accepted."
MID: <rlMUE.676067$***@usenetxs.com>
pensive hamster
2019-10-05 13:52:16 UTC
Post by Mike >
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/10/04/trawler-14-times-size-uk-fishing-boats-plundering-fish-british/
That's probably because the UK Government has sold fishing
quota rights to the operators of that large trawler.

http://www.thelandmagazine.org.uk/articles/selling-silver-enclosure-uks-fisheries

'Selling the Silver: the enclosure of the UK's fisheries

'Fishing quotas result in concentration rather than conservation,
writes Emma Cardwell.

'The UK’s fisheries quota system, introduced in 1999 and comprising
the creation of a private market for the right to catch fish, has been
called “the biggest property grab since the Norman invasion”.[1] The
UK government use the quota system to control how many fish can
be taken from the sea. It does this by dividing up the right to catch
fish between a limited number of companies, and then allowing this
right to be bought and sold.

'... This allocation method led to many low-catching fishermen being
forced out of the industry as quota levels fell and they found
themselves unable to survive during lean periods. Larger
companies could then use their holdings as leverage for loans to
buy up this quota, and ownership of the right to fish was
consolidated. A stark example of this is the fishery for herring and
mackerel. At one time made up of thousands of boats around the
coast, over 99 per cent of this valuable fishery – which accounts
for almost half of total landings by UK registered vessels — is now
caught by only 33 trawlers.[3] The value of these boats, and more
importantly their share of UK fishing rights, runs to hundreds of
millions of pounds. ... '

Those fishing quota rights won't become null and void when/if we
leave the EU, they are administered by the UK Government.

Blame the UK Government, not the EU.
R. Mark Clayton
2019-10-05 18:10:32 UTC
Post by Mike >
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/10/04/trawler-14-times-size-uk-fishing-boats-plundering-fish-british/
They want UK poorer than now
Already happening thanks to the Leave vote.
Post by Mike >
They want NHS to be declared as Balkans Health Center
Odd the "Balkan" countries are not in the EU.
Post by Mike >
They want Britain to have foreign debt of 500 billion pounds
Oh yes please - that's what it was ten years ago, but now you see as a result of Gordon Brown and the Leave vote the UK national debt is now :-
£1,779.9 billion - three and a half times as much. (Source ONS)
Post by Mike >
Thery want to shop and eat from German supermarkets to get mass poisened
quickly
Which one(s)?
https://ratings.food.gov.uk/business/en-GB/1009921/Aldi-Stores-Ltd-Wrexham

But don't worry Boris intends to make a bonfire of all that EU hygiene and environmental red tape after Brexit and allow bleached US meat with antibiotics and hormones, so there will be plenty of opportunity to get poisoned and grow breasts then...
Grik-bastarde®™
2019-10-05 19:03:43 UTC
On Sat, 5 Oct 2019 11:10:32 -0700 (PDT), "R. Mark Clayton"
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Mike >
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/10/04/trawler-14-times-size-uk-fishing-boats-plundering-fish-british/
They want UK poorer than now
Already happening thanks to the Leave vote.
More like thanks to Project Fear.
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Mike >
They want NHS to be declared as Balkans Health Center
Odd the "Balkan" countries are not in the EU.
Odd, Slovenia, Croatia, Romania, Bulgaria and Grease are.
There is a natural tendency for foreign debt to balloon over time.
Peeler
2019-10-05 19:24:45 UTC
On Sat, 05 Oct 2019 12:03:43 -0700, clinically insane, pedophilic, serbian
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Odd the "Balkan" countries are not in the EU.
Odd, Slovenia, Croatia, Romania, Bulgaria and Grease are.
Even odder: your shithole Srbja isn't, dreckserb Razovic! LOL
doesn't know what's going on?"
MID: <FnMUE.676068$***@usenetxs.com>
R. Mark Clayton
2019-10-06 14:37:46 UTC
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Mike >
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/10/04/trawler-14-times-size-uk-fishing-boats-plundering-fish-british/
They want UK poorer than now
Already happening thanks to the Leave vote.
More like thanks to Project Fear.
So "project fear" dropped the pound 10% in ten minutes on the result and has kept it around 15 - 20% lower ever since?

Project fear reverse the relative fortunes of the UK and rest of EU from mid 2016 on?

Get real!
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Mike >
They want Britain to have foreign debt of 500 billion pounds
Oh yes please - that's what it was ten years ago, but now you see as a result of Gordon Brown and the Leave vote the UK national debt is now :-
£1,779.9 billion - three and a half times as much. (Source ONS)
There is a natural tendency for foreign debt to balloon over time.
Particularly when you have bad government.

Anyway it is true I, and I presume other Remainers would like to see UK national debt cut by 72%.

As envisaged by the current chancellor, it looks set to rise substantially because: -

1. He is not going to raise taxes.
2. He is going to increase spending.
3. Tax take will fall substially due to the Brexit bust.

Alternatively he can printing returning us to the double digit inflation of the 1970's and high interest rates to try and control it.
Grik-bastarde®™
2019-10-06 16:25:02 UTC
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Mike >
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/10/04/trawler-14-times-size-uk-fishing-boats-plundering-fish-british/
They want UK poorer than now
Already happening thanks to the Leave vote.
More like thanks to Project Fear.
So "project fear" dropped the pound 10% in ten minutes on the result and has kept it around 15 - 20% lower ever since?
That was the result of FX speculation, as discussed before.
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Project fear reverse the relative fortunes of the UK and rest of EU from mid 2016 on?
Wholesale fearmongering does tend to have a negative effect on
economic prospects.
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Get real!
Get real yourself!
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Mike >
They want Britain to have foreign debt of 500 billion pounds
Oh yes please - that's what it was ten years ago, but now you see as a result of Gordon Brown and the Leave vote the UK national debt is now :-
£1,779.9 billion - three and a half times as much. (Source ONS)
There is a natural tendency for foreign debt to balloon over time.
Particularly when you have bad government.
When you have *any* government.
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Anyway it is true I, and I presume other Remainers would like to see UK national debt cut by 72%.
Ah, austerity on the horizon again!
That is a thing of the past.
R. Mark Clayton
2019-10-07 10:36:07 UTC
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Mike >
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/10/04/trawler-14-times-size-uk-fishing-boats-plundering-fish-british/
They want UK poorer than now
Already happening thanks to the Leave vote.
More like thanks to Project Fear.
So "project fear" dropped the pound 10% in ten minutes on the result and has kept it around 15 - 20% lower ever since?
That was the result of FX speculation, as discussed before.
ROFLMAO - 15-20% for over three years - what sort of [short term] "speculation" is that.

It may be that a number of speculators are gaming for a no deal Brexit pushing the pound below par: -

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/how-the-hedge-funds-are-really-playing-brexit/2019/10/01/294bbe58-e427-11e9-b0a6-3d03721b85ef_story.html
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Project fear reverse the relative fortunes of the UK and rest of EU from mid 2016 on?
Wholesale fear mongering does tend to have a negative effect on
economic prospects.
True, but nowhere near as much as bad government.
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Get real!
Get real yourself!
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Mike >
They want Britain to have foreign debt of 500 billion pounds
Oh yes please - that's what it was ten years ago, but now you see as a result of Gordon Brown and the Leave vote the UK national debt is now :-
£1,779.9 billion - three and a half times as much. (Source ONS)
There is a natural tendency for foreign debt to balloon over time.
Particularly when you have bad government.
When you have *any* government.
No some previous governments have repaid and thereby reduced national debt.
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Anyway it is true I, and I presume other Remainers would like to see UK national debt cut by 72%.
Ah, austerity on the horizon
No just cancelling Brexit and not going on a wild spending spree to sweeten up the electorate for a General Election.
And the future if this lot carry on or John McDonkey gets anywhere near Downing Street.
Peeler
2019-10-07 11:09:17 UTC
On Mon, 7 Oct 2019 03:36:07 -0700 (PDT), R. Mark Clayton, another mentally
Post by R. Mark Clayton
And the future if this lot carry on or John McDonkey gets anywhere near Downing Street.
I just wonder why it's almost EXCLUSIVELY Remoaners that keep feeding that
blatantly perverted psychopath, idiot troll and spammer? Food for thought!
Grik-bastarde®™
2019-10-07 12:24:15 UTC
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Mike >
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/10/04/trawler-14-times-size-uk-fishing-boats-plundering-fish-british/
They want UK poorer than now
Already happening thanks to the Leave vote.
More like thanks to Project Fear.
So "project fear" dropped the pound 10% in ten minutes on the result and has kept it around 15 - 20% lower ever since?
That was the result of FX speculation, as discussed before.
ROFLMAO - 15-20% for over three years - what sort of [short term] "speculation" is that.
ROFLMAO! Speculation caused the initial drop in the Pound. Project
Fear did the rest.
Post by R. Mark Clayton
It may be that a number of speculators are gaming for a no deal Brexit pushing the pound below par: -
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/how-the-hedge-funds-are-really-playing-brexit/2019/10/01/294bbe58-e427-11e9-b0a6-3d03721b85ef_story.html
The jew George Soros at 'work' again.
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Project fear reverse the relative fortunes of the UK and rest of EU from mid 2016 on?
Wholesale fear mongering does tend to have a negative effect on
economic prospects.
True, but nowhere near as much as bad government.
We haven't had bad government recently.
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Get real!
Get real yourself!
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Mike >
They want Britain to have foreign debt of 500 billion pounds
Oh yes please - that's what it was ten years ago, but now you see as a result of Gordon Brown and the Leave vote the UK national debt is now :-
£1,779.9 billion - three and a half times as much. (Source ONS)
There is a natural tendency for foreign debt to balloon over time.
Particularly when you have bad government.
When you have *any* government.
No some previous governments have repaid and thereby reduced national debt.
Only by drastically reducing spending, i.e. austerity.
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Anyway it is true I, and I presume other Remainers would like to see UK national debt cut by 72%.
Ah, austerity on the horizon
No just cancelling Brexit and not going on a wild spending spree to sweeten up the electorate for a General Election.
How can cancelling Brexit affect an existing national debt???
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
As envisaged by the current chancellor, it looks set to rise substantially because: -
1. He is not going to raise taxes.
2. He is going to increase spending.
3. Tax take will fall substially due to the Brexit bust.
Alternatively he can printing returning us to the double digit inflation of the 1970's and high interest rates to try and control it.
That is a thing of the past.
And the future if this lot carry on or John McDonkey gets anywhere near Downing Street.
Highly unlikely. Interest rates will continue to hover at their
existing (minimal) rates for many years to come...unless, of course,
you owe money on a credit card.
Peeler
2019-10-07 12:39:09 UTC
On Mon, 07 Oct 2019 05:24:15 -0700, clinically insane, pedophilic, serbian
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Highly unlikely. Interest rates will continue to hover at their
existing (minimal) rates for many years to come...unless, of course,
you owe money on a credit card.
Just look at the hard facts, psychopath: if it weren't for those two or
three senile Remoaners on this group that keep taking all your baits, there
would be no one left here for you to bait!
is any meaningful debate to lower the age of consent:
"If there isn't, there should be."
MID: <ZAMUE.174724$***@usenetxs.com>
R. Mark Clayton
2019-10-07 14:35:26 UTC
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
On Mon, 7 Oct 2019 03:36:07 -0700 (PDT), "R. Mark Clayton"
SNIP
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
More like thanks to Project Fear.
So "project fear" dropped the pound 10% in ten minutes on the result and has kept it around 15 - 20% lower ever since?
That was the result of FX speculation, as discussed before.
ROFLMAO - 15-20% for over three years - what sort of [short term] "speculation" is that.
ROFLMAO! Speculation caused the initial drop in the Pound. Project
Fear did the rest.
Speculation caused the dollar to drop a similar amount when Trump was elected. It recovered in a few days.

The fall in the pound is long term and structural because of Brexit.
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
It may be that a number of speculators are gaming for a no deal Brexit pushing the pound below par: -
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/how-the-hedge-funds-are-really-playing-brexit/2019/10/01/294bbe58-e427-11e9-b0a6-3d03721b85ef_story.html
The jew George Soros at 'work' again.
No Brexit backing hedge funds apparently. There are claims that they have been bankrolling certain politicians to make a hard Brexit more likely...
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Project fear reverse the relative fortunes of the UK and rest of EU from mid 2016 on?
Wholesale fear mongering does tend to have a negative effect on
economic prospects.
True, but nowhere near as much as bad government.
We haven't had bad government recently.
2007 - 2010 - Gordon Brown - financial crash
2016 - present - May bad, BJ terrible.
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Get real!
Get real yourself!
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Anyway it is true I, and I presume other Remainers would like to see UK national debt cut by 72%.
[in the future]
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Ah, austerity on the horizon
i.e. in the future
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
No just cancelling Brexit and not going on a wild spending spree to sweeten up the electorate for a General Election.
How can cancelling Brexit affect an existing national debt???
It won't. In the absence of raised taxes and magic money trees, both Brexit and the spending spree announced by Javid would result in a large increase in borrowing in the future.
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
As envisaged by the current chancellor, it looks set to rise substantially because: -
1. He is not going to raise taxes.
2. He is going to increase spending.
3. Tax take will fall substially due to the Brexit bust.
Alternatively he can printing returning us to the double digit inflation of the 1970's and high interest rates to try and control it.
That is a thing of the past.
And the future if this lot carry on or John McDonkey gets anywhere near Downing Street.
Highly unlikely.
*** I hope so.
well the BoE has said this [due to Brexit], however if the debt goes above annual GDP then market rates tend to rise.
Grik-bastarde®™
2019-10-07 16:21:02 UTC
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
More like thanks to Project Fear.
So "project fear" dropped the pound 10% in ten minutes on the result and has kept it around 15 - 20% lower ever since?
That was the result of FX speculation, as discussed before.
ROFLMAO - 15-20% for over three years - what sort of [short term] "speculation" is that.
ROFLMAO! Speculation caused the initial drop in the Pound. Project
Fear did the rest.
Speculation caused the dollar to drop a similar amount when Trump was elected. It recovered in a few days.
Not all FX speculation works in exactly the same way. If it was that
predictable, it wouldn't be speculation.
Post by R. Mark Clayton
The fall in the pound is long term and structural because of Brexit.
It may be long term, but that is solely the result of continued
widespread fearmongering by people such as yourself.
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
It may be that a number of speculators are gaming for a no deal Brexit pushing the pound below par: -
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/how-the-hedge-funds-are-really-playing-brexit/2019/10/01/294bbe58-e427-11e9-b0a6-3d03721b85ef_story.html
The jew George Soros at 'work' again.
No Brexit backing hedge funds apparently. There are claims that they have been bankrolling certain politicians to make a hard Brexit more likely...
Or bankrolling some shitty little Central European country to veto an
extension!
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Project fear reverse the relative fortunes of the UK and rest of EU from mid 2016 on?
Wholesale fear mongering does tend to have a negative effect on
economic prospects.
True, but nowhere near as much as bad government.
We haven't had bad government recently.
2007 - 2010 - Gordon Brown - financial crash
That was a long time ago. A week is a long time in politics.
Post by R. Mark Clayton
2016 - present - May bad, BJ terrible.
Far from it. Your lot would have been far worse.
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Get real!
Get real yourself!
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Anyway it is true I, and I presume other Remainers would like to see UK national debt cut by 72%.
[in the future]
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Ah, austerity on the horizon
i.e. in the future
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
No just cancelling Brexit and not going on a wild spending spree to sweeten up the electorate for a General Election.
How can cancelling Brexit affect an existing national debt???
It won't. In the absence of raised taxes and magic money trees, both Brexit and the spending spree announced by Javid would result in a large increase in borrowing in the future.
His 'spending spree' is nothing more than a bounceback from the
austerity of recent years.
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
As envisaged by the current chancellor, it looks set to rise substantially because: -
1. He is not going to raise taxes.
2. He is going to increase spending.
3. Tax take will fall substially due to the Brexit bust.
Alternatively he can printing returning us to the double digit inflation of the 1970's and high interest rates to try and control it.
That is a thing of the past.
And the future if this lot carry on or John McDonkey gets anywhere near Downing Street.
Highly unlikely.
*** I hope so.
We all do.
If that happens, Sterling will see a massive resurgence.
pensive hamster
2019-10-07 17:03:29 UTC
[...]
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
The fall in the pound is long term and structural because of Brexit.
It may be long term, but that is solely the result of continued
widespread fearmongering by people such as yourself.
Not at all, it is result of entirely unconvincing but widespread
and persistent wishful thinking by people such as yourself.

No currency trader is going to take out an option on a field of
unicorns, or on a promise of easy trade deals.

[...]
Grik-bastarde®™
2019-10-07 17:29:45 UTC
On Mon, 7 Oct 2019 10:03:29 -0700 (PDT), pensive hamster
Post by pensive hamster
[...]
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
The fall in the pound is long term and structural because of Brexit.
It may be long term, but that is solely the result of continued
widespread fearmongering by people such as yourself.
Not at all, it is result of entirely unconvincing but widespread
and persistent wishful thinking by people such as yourself.
Not at all. Wishful thinking, no matter how misguided, does not cause
currency fluctuations.
Post by pensive hamster
No currency trader is going to take out an option on a field of
unicorns, or on a promise of easy trade deals.
The currency has already dropped as a result of fearmongering...the
possibilities of making wonga from further speculation are limited.
pensive hamster
2019-10-07 18:05:59 UTC
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by pensive hamster
[...]
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
The fall in the pound is long term and structural because of Brexit.
It may be long term, but that is solely the result of continued
widespread fearmongering by people such as yourself.
Not at all, it is result of entirely unconvincing but widespread
and persistent wishful thinking by people such as yourself.
Not at all. Wishful thinking, no matter how misguided, does not cause
currency fluctuations.
That may be your opinion, but it seems based on more wishful thinking.
The pound declined 10% in FX terms after the Brexit vote, presumably
because FX speculators didn't rate the economic benefits of Brexit to
the UK.

Nor are they likely to be impressed by the sight of a country apparently
run by weak-willed politicians pandering to the wishful thinking of Brexit
voters, who dare not cross those voters, and dare not even suggest they
might not get what they thought they voted for.

Wishful thinking caused the Brexit vote, which in turn caused the pound's
FX decline, and continues to cause political division and stalemate.
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by pensive hamster
No currency trader is going to take out an option on a field of
unicorns, or on a promise of easy trade deals.
The currency has already dropped as a result of fearmongering
No, as a result of unrealistic wishful thinking.
Grik-bastarde®™
2019-10-07 18:24:58 UTC
On Mon, 7 Oct 2019 11:05:59 -0700 (PDT), pensive hamster
Post by pensive hamster
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by pensive hamster
[...]
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
The fall in the pound is long term and structural because of Brexit.
It may be long term, but that is solely the result of continued
widespread fearmongering by people such as yourself.
Not at all, it is result of entirely unconvincing but widespread
and persistent wishful thinking by people such as yourself.
Not at all. Wishful thinking, no matter how misguided, does not cause
currency fluctuations.
That may be your opinion, but it seems based on more wishful thinking.
The pound declined 10% in FX terms after the Brexit vote, presumably
because FX speculators didn't rate the economic benefits of Brexit to
the UK.
FX speculators don't care about economic benefits or disbenefits. They
guessed (correctly) that the currency markets would react negatively
to a Leave victory and played that for all it was worth.
Post by pensive hamster
Nor are they likely to be impressed by the sight of a country apparently
run by weak-willed politicians pandering to the wishful thinking of Brexit
voters, who dare not cross those voters, and dare not even suggest they
might not get what they thought they voted for.
The Labour Party has already crossed most of the voters in its Leave
constituencies.
Post by pensive hamster
Wishful thinking caused the Brexit vote, which in turn caused the pound's
FX decline, and continues to cause political division and stalemate.
Far from it. Project Fear and paralysis in Parliament are responsible
for everything bad that has happened since the referendum.
Post by pensive hamster
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by pensive hamster
No currency trader is going to take out an option on a field of
unicorns, or on a promise of easy trade deals.
The currency has already dropped as a result of fearmongering
No, as a result of unrealistic wishful thinking.
No, as a result of widespread fearmongering by the anti-Brexit fifth
column.
R. Mark Clayton
2019-10-08 11:11:50 UTC
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
On Mon, 7 Oct 2019 11:05:59 -0700 (PDT), pensive hamster
Post by pensive hamster
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by pensive hamster
[...]
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
The fall in the pound is long term and structural because of Brexit.
It may be long term, but that is solely the result of continued
widespread fearmongering by people such as yourself.
Not at all, it is result of entirely unconvincing but widespread
and persistent wishful thinking by people such as yourself.
Not at all. Wishful thinking, no matter how misguided, does not cause
currency fluctuations.
That may be your opinion, but it seems based on more wishful thinking.
The pound declined 10% in FX terms after the Brexit vote, presumably
because FX speculators didn't rate the economic benefits of Brexit to
the UK.
FX speculators don't care about economic benefits or disbenefits. They
guessed (correctly) that the currency markets would react negatively
to a Leave victory and played that for all it was worth.
So the market movement wasn't caused by the speculators, but they correctly predicted it (as did I exactly) - after all they would not need to guess their own intentions, only that of genuine traders and investors.
Post by pensive hamster
Wishful thinking caused the Brexit vote, which in turn caused the pound's
FX decline, and continues to cause political division and stalemate.
Far from it. Project Fear and paralysis in Parliament are responsible
for everything bad that has happened since the referendum.
Really? So things would have been worse if the vote had gone the other way?

You need to see someone about your fantasies...
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by pensive hamster
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by pensive hamster
No currency trader is going to take out an option on a field of
unicorns, or on a promise of easy trade deals.
The currency has already dropped as a result of fearmongering
No, as a result of unrealistic wishful thinking.
No, as a result of widespread fearmongering by the anti-Brexit fifth
column.
third and fourth column as well.

What we are supposed to believe that there is an enormous conspiracy of economists, business, politicians, jurists, academics, trade unions [snip] who have plotted together to undermine Brexit, rather than, as has been blindingly obvious all along, that it really is bad for Britain and if followed almost certain to be very much worse.
Grik-bastarde®™
2019-10-08 12:17:00 UTC
On Tue, 8 Oct 2019 04:11:50 -0700 (PDT), "R. Mark Clayton"
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
On Mon, 7 Oct 2019 11:05:59 -0700 (PDT), pensive hamster
Post by pensive hamster
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by pensive hamster
[...]
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
[...]
The market movement was greatly accelerated by the speculators. FX
volumes were far above what would have been expected from normal
trading.
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by pensive hamster
Wishful thinking caused the Brexit vote, which in turn caused the pound's
FX decline, and continues to cause political division and stalemate.
Far from it. Project Fear and paralysis in Parliament are responsible
for everything bad that has happened since the referendum.
Really? So things would have been worse if the vote had gone the other way?
If the vote had gone the other way, there would have been no Project
Fear and no parliamentary paralysis. The country would have simply
continued on its slow and steady decline.
Post by R. Mark Clayton
You need to see someone about your fantasies...
You need to get real for once.
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by pensive hamster
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by pensive hamster
No currency trader is going to take out an option on a field of
unicorns, or on a promise of easy trade deals.
The currency has already dropped as a result of fearmongering
No, as a result of unrealistic wishful thinking.
No, as a result of widespread fearmongering by the anti-Brexit fifth
column.
third and fourth column as well.
Are you familiar with the Siege of Madrid at all?
Post by R. Mark Clayton
What we are supposed to believe that there is an enormous conspiracy of economists, business, politicians, jurists, academics, trade unions [snip] who have plotted together to undermine Brexit, rather than, as has been blindingly obvious all along, that it really is bad for Britain and if followed almost certain to be very much worse.
There is certainly a concerted moverment to market and promote Project
Fear.
Peeler
2019-10-08 15:36:35 UTC
On Tue, 08 Oct 2019 05:17:00 -0700, clinically insane, pedophilic, serbian
sexual cripple, making an ass of herself as "Grik-bastarde®™", farted again:

<FLUSH>
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
There is certainly a concerted moverment to market and promote Project
Fear.
There is certainly no end to your idiotic psychopathic blather, idiotic
psychopath!
on Facebook is incapable of consent?"
MID: <Og0VE.1298131$***@usenetxs.com>
R. Mark Clayton
2019-10-09 10:28:59 UTC
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Far from it. Project Fear and paralysis in Parliament are responsible
for everything bad that has happened since the referendum.
Really? So things would have been worse if the vote had gone the other way?
If the vote had gone the other way, there would have been no Project
Fear and no parliamentary paralysis. The country would have simply
continued on its slow and steady decline.
Maybe. Odd how before the referendum the UK had the leading economy in Europe and since the referendum it has fallen behind - even behind Greece!
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by pensive hamster
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by pensive hamster
No currency trader is going to take out an option on a field of
unicorns, or on a promise of easy trade deals.
The currency has already dropped as a result of fearmongering
No, as a result of unrealistic wishful thinking.
No, as a result of widespread fearmongering by the anti-Brexit fifth
column.
third and fourth column as well.
Are you familiar with the Siege of Madrid at all?
Sorry no.
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
What we are supposed to believe that there is an enormous conspiracy of economists, business, politicians, jurists, academics, trade unions [snip] who have plotted together to undermine Brexit, rather than, as has been blindingly obvious all along, that it really is bad for Britain and if followed almost certain to be very much worse.
There is certainly a concerted moverment to market and promote Project
Fear.
So where is this concert, who is conducting it? Or is it just that anyone with any brains or common sense knows the Brexit project will crash and burn?

Can they ALL be wrong?
Peeler
2019-10-09 11:09:35 UTC
On Wed, 9 Oct 2019 03:28:59 -0700 (PDT), R. Mark Clayton, obviously an
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Can they ALL be wrong?
YOU certainly are! Or do you LIKE to see this groups trashed by the
perverted psychopathic troll that you keep feeding, senile idiot?
R. Mark Clayton
2019-10-09 11:28:58 UTC
============================

What makes you think I am replying to YOU?
Peeler
2019-10-09 11:44:41 UTC
On Wed, 9 Oct 2019 04:28:58 -0700 (PDT), R. Mark Clayton, obviously an
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Peeler
YOU certainly are! Or do you LIKE to see this groups trashed by the
perverted psychopathic troll that you keep feeding, senile idiot?
============================
What makes you think I am replying to YOU?
IOW, you ADMIT that you are too senile to realize what's going on here, you
totally fucked up senile Remoaner fool! <tsk>
Grik-bastarde®™
2019-10-09 12:36:09 UTC
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Far from it. Project Fear and paralysis in Parliament are responsible
for everything bad that has happened since the referendum.
Really? So things would have been worse if the vote had gone the other way?
If the vote had gone the other way, there would have been no Project
Fear and no parliamentary paralysis. The country would have simply
continued on its slow and steady decline.
Maybe. Odd how before the referendum the UK had the leading economy in Europe and since the referendum it has fallen behind - even behind Greece!
Leading economy in Europe??? It's all relative. It was struggling
then but not as much as the mainland countries.
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by pensive hamster
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by pensive hamster
No currency trader is going to take out an option on a field of
unicorns, or on a promise of easy trade deals.
The currency has already dropped as a result of fearmongering
No, as a result of unrealistic wishful thinking.
No, as a result of widespread fearmongering by the anti-Brexit fifth
column.
third and fourth column as well.
Are you familiar with the Siege of Madrid at all?
Sorry no.
The first four columns were the attacking force and the fifth column
was the traitors in the city being attacked.
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
What we are supposed to believe that there is an enormous conspiracy of economists, business, politicians, jurists, academics, trade unions [snip] who have plotted together to undermine Brexit, rather than, as has been blindingly obvious all along, that it really is bad for Britain and if followed almost certain to be very much worse.
There is certainly a concerted moverment to market and promote Project
Fear.
So where is this concert, who is conducting it? Or is it just that anyone with any brains or common sense knows the Brexit project will crash and burn?
It is being conducted on behalf of the small minority (48.1%) of
Remoan voters in the 2016 referendum. But 16.1 million voters are
still enough to put up a big stink.
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Can they ALL be wrong?
Can they ALL want to be trapped in a Brussels-ruled Euroworld
indefinitely?
Peeler
2019-10-09 15:30:04 UTC
On Wed, 09 Oct 2019 05:36:09 -0700, clinically insane, pedophilic, serbian
sexual cripple, making an ass of herself as "Grik-bastarde®™", farted again:

<FLUSH trollshit>
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Can they ALL want to be trapped in a Brussels-ruled Euroworld
indefinitely?
Can you trap him, EVERY time you set out a bait for him, pedophilic
psychopath? Let's watch! LOL
R. Mark Clayton
2019-10-08 11:04:29 UTC
Post by pensive hamster
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by pensive hamster
[...]
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
The fall in the pound is long term and structural because of Brexit.
It may be long term, but that is solely the result of continued
widespread fearmongering by people such as yourself.
Not at all, it is result of entirely unconvincing but widespread
and persistent wishful thinking by people such as yourself.
Not at all. Wishful thinking, no matter how misguided, does not cause
currency fluctuations.
That may be your opinion, but it seems based on more wishful thinking.
The pound declined 10% in FX terms after the Brexit vote, presumably
because FX speculators didn't rate the economic benefits of Brexit to
the UK.
Indeed, but that is just the speculators - as with the Trump election if the threat is not real the speculators take their profit and things soon get back to normal as real trades (to buy oil, goods and services) again predominate.

Sadly the damage here has endured, because virtually no-one in business has any confidence in Brexit - indeed they shout very loudly that it is very bad.

Even companies established for centuries, like Dudson, in primary industries (unaffected by FX fluctuations) and with a large proportion of exports have gone to the wall when they should have enjoyed increase [sterling] profits.
https://www.insidermedia.com/news/midlands/Almost-400-jobs-at-risk-as-ceramics-maker-calls-in-administrators
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
...the
possibilities of making wonga from further speculation are limited.
Sadly not - if BJ gets his way and engineers a hard Brexit the pound will fall through par and the speculators who have been shorting the pound will make ££,£££,£££,£££.

They will get burned if the UK revokes a.50 notice, but at least the pound will recover some of the lost ground, although much damage already done to our economy, especially in regards of investment.
Peeler
2019-10-07 17:23:30 UTC
On Mon, 07 Oct 2019 09:21:02 -0700, clinically insane, pedophilic, serbian
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
If that happens
Shit happens ...every time an asshole like you is born!
"Isn't it time that paedophiles were admitted to the LGBTQ rainbow?
Now that every other sexual deviation seems to have been accommodated?"
MID: <Y8LUE.513827$***@usenetxs.com>
R. Mark Clayton
2019-10-08 10:54:41 UTC
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Both true, but as I already said : -
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
The fall in the pound is long term and structural because of Brexit.
It may be long term, but that is solely the result of continued
widespread fearmongering by people such as yourself.
Sure, my every word is anxiously awaited on every Forex desk around the globe.

In the real world all the FX traders and all the companies who need to exchange currencies in order to do business look at what's happening and go "The UK looks like a bad bet at them moment due to Brexit".
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
It may be that a number of speculators are gaming for a no deal Brexit pushing the pound below par: -
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/how-the-hedge-funds-are-really-playing-brexit/2019/10/01/294bbe58-e427-11e9-b0a6-3d03721b85ef_story.html
The jew George Soros at 'work' again.
No Brexit backing hedge funds apparently. There are claims that they have been bankrolling certain politicians to make a hard Brexit more likely...
Or bankrolling some shitty little Central European country to veto an
extension!
Another corrupt way of bringing about a disastrous no deal Brexit.
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by R. Mark Clayton
2016 - present - May bad, BJ terrible.
Far from it. Your lot would have been far worse.
Actually our lot were part of government from 2010 to 2015 - it commenced recovery from the crash, ditched ID cards and will probably be looked on as a brief golden period between a bad and increasingly disastrous administrations.
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Get real!
Get real yourself!
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Anyway it is true I, and I presume other Remainers would like to see UK national debt cut by 72%.
[in the future]
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Ah, austerity on the horizon
i.e. in the future
SNIP
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Interest rates will continue to hover at their
existing (minimal) rates for many years to come...unless, of course,
you owe money on a credit card.
well the BoE has said this [due to Brexit], however if the debt goes above annual GDP then market rates tend to rise.
If that happens, Sterling will see a massive resurgence.
Sterling interest rates are higher than the negative ECB rates, yet it has fallen far against the Euro.

If inflation returns this means the pound you buy with other currencies will purchase less in the UK and so the exchange rate falls not rises. Raising interest rates is partly to encourage saving over spending and partly to prop up the currency concerned by making holding it more interesting.
Peeler
2019-10-08 10:59:54 UTC
On Tue, 8 Oct 2019 03:54:41 -0700 (PDT), R. Mark Clayton, obviously an
Post by R. Mark Clayton
If inflation returns this means the pound you buy with other currencies
will purchase less in the UK and so the exchange rate falls not rises.
Raising interest rates is partly to encourage saving over spending and
partly to prop up the currency concerned by making holding it more
interesting.
That perverted and psychopathic troll thanks you nicely for giving him an
other platform to vent his psychopathy, you troll-feeding senile idiot!
<tsk>
Norman Wells
2019-10-08 11:10:17 UTC
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
The fall in the pound is long term and structural because of Brexit.
It may be long term, but that is solely the result of continued
widespread fearmongering by people such as yourself.
Sure, my every word is anxiously awaited on every Forex desk around the globe.
In the real world all the FX traders and all the companies who need to exchange currencies in order to do business look at what's happening and go "The UK looks like a bad bet at them moment due to Brexit".
Indeed. Currency trades are 'bets'. Currency traders are gamblers betting.

Not the best hands in which to be placing something as important as
exchange rates, I suggest.

Nor the best way to evaluate any underlying economy.
pensive hamster
2019-10-08 13:56:55 UTC
[...]
In the real world all the FX traders and all the companies
who need to exchange currencies in order to do business look
at what's happening and go "The UK looks like a bad bet at them
moment due to Brexit".
Indeed. Currency trades are 'bets'. Currency traders are gamblers betting.
Actually, they are probably more like bookies - they monitor how
other traders are betting, they sometimes hedge their bets, and
they are backed up by research departments, which include
degree and doctorate-level mathematicians.

Not your average punters.
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Not the best hands in which to be placing something as important as
exchange rates, I suggest.
You are a bit of an armchair theorist, you still haven't come up
with an alternative system. Bretton Woods?
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Nor the best way to evaluate any underlying economy.
And a better way would be:

1. Politicians ?
2. Financial journalists ?
3. CBI ?
4. Economics professors ?
5. UK Treasury reports ?
6. Usenet posters?

?

(Actually, FX traders probably already monitor 1 - 5 above.)
Grik-bastarde®™
2019-10-08 12:27:42 UTC
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
The fall in the pound is long term and structural because of Brexit.
It may be long term, but that is solely the result of continued
widespread fearmongering by people such as yourself.
Sure, my every word is anxiously awaited on every Forex desk around the globe.
It's the collective word that FX traders listen to, not yours.
Post by R. Mark Clayton
In the real world all the FX traders and all the companies who need to exchange currencies in order to do business look at what's happening and go "The UK looks like a bad bet at them moment due to Brexit".
Companies who need to exchange currencies in order to do business
engage in hedging to offset currency risk.
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
It may be that a number of speculators are gaming for a no deal Brexit pushing the pound below par: -
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/how-the-hedge-funds-are-really-playing-brexit/2019/10/01/294bbe58-e427-11e9-b0a6-3d03721b85ef_story.html
The jew George Soros at 'work' again.
No Brexit backing hedge funds apparently. There are claims that they have been bankrolling certain politicians to make a hard Brexit more likely...
Or bankrolling some shitty little Central European country to veto an
extension!
Another corrupt way of bringing about a disastrous no deal Brexit.
An excellent solution to the Surrender Act, actually.
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by R. Mark Clayton
2016 - present - May bad, BJ terrible.
Far from it. Your lot would have been far worse.
Actually our lot were part of government from 2010 to 2015 - it commenced recovery from the crash, ditched ID cards and will probably be looked on as a brief golden period between a bad and increasingly disastrous administrations.
Brief golden period? A coalition with your lot??? Get serious! Never
again!
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Get real!
Get real yourself!
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Anyway it is true I, and I presume other Remainers would like to see UK national debt cut by 72%.
[in the future]
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Ah, austerity on the horizon
i.e. in the future
SNIP
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Interest rates will continue to hover at their
existing (minimal) rates for many years to come...unless, of course,
you owe money on a credit card.
well the BoE has said this [due to Brexit], however if the debt goes above annual GDP then market rates tend to rise.
If that happens, Sterling will see a massive resurgence.
Sterling interest rates are higher than the negative ECB rates, yet it has fallen far against the Euro.
Sterling is slightly higher against the Euro than it was a month ago.

ECB interest rates are only negative because the mainland economies
are grinding to a halt.
Post by R. Mark Clayton
If inflation returns this means the pound you buy with other currencies will purchase less in the UK and so the exchange rate falls not rises. Raising interest rates is partly to encourage saving over spending and partly to prop up the currency concerned by making holding it more interesting.
Raising interest rates will make Sterling more attractive to hold and
will not only prop up the currency but strengthen it.
Peeler
2019-10-08 15:37:56 UTC
On Tue, 08 Oct 2019 05:27:42 -0700, clinically insane, pedophilic, serbian
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Raising interest rates will make Sterling more attractive to hold and
will not only prop up the currency but strengthen it.
Like I said: there's no end to your psychopathic blather, idiotic
psychopath!
R. Mark Clayton
2019-10-09 11:23:20 UTC
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
It may be long term, but that is solely the result of continued
widespread fearmongering by people such as yourself.
Sure, my every word is anxiously awaited on every Forex desk around the globe.
It's the collective word that FX traders listen to, not yours.
So NOT people like myself then?
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
In the real world all the FX traders and all the companies who need to exchange currencies in order to do business look at what's happening and go "The UK looks like a bad bet at them moment due to Brexit".
Companies who need to exchange currencies in order to do business
engage in hedging to offset currency risk.
NSS, just like they secure forward supplies of material they need, long term orders and employ people permanently.

SNIP
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Or bankrolling some shitty little Central European country to veto an
extension!
Another corrupt way of bringing about a disastrous no deal Brexit.
An excellent solution to the Surrender Act, actually.
Bribing foreigners to damage our own country - wasn't one of the charges against Charles I that he paid foreign mercenaries to fight in the UK?

SNIP
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Sterling interest rates are higher than the negative ECB rates, yet it has fallen far against the Euro.
Sterling is slightly higher against the Euro than it was a month ago.
Year Euro Appreciation comment
1999/1 71p legal start
2002/1 62p -13% issued
2016/1 73p +3%
2016/6/23 77p +8% Remain expected to win
2016/6/24 82p +15% Leave just won referendum
2019/1/1 90p +27%
2019/9/9 90p +27%
today 90p +27% NO change since last month

A Euro has been worth as much as 93p (+31%) this summer - so much for Brexiteers dissing it as a failed currency - well maybe it is, but just look what they have done to Sterling!
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
ECB interest rates are only negative because the mainland economies
are grinding to a halt.
Yes trade wars, a global slowdown and Brexit are affecting them.
Yes thanks for restating what I said. This would be short term - in the long term the connected inflation will weaken it.
Peeler
2019-10-09 11:46:19 UTC
On Wed, 9 Oct 2019 04:23:20 -0700 (PDT), R. Mark Clayton, obviously an
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Yes thanks for restating what I said. This would be short term - in the long term the connected inflation will weaken it.
No, the troll thanks YOU for taking every single idiotic bait he sets out
for you, you troll-feeding senile idiot!
Grik-bastarde®™
2019-10-09 12:44:11 UTC
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
It may be long term, but that is solely the result of continued
widespread fearmongering by people such as yourself.
Sure, my every word is anxiously awaited on every Forex desk around the globe.
It's the collective word that FX traders listen to, not yours.
So NOT people like myself then?
People JUST like yourself then.
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
In the real world all the FX traders and all the companies who need to exchange currencies in order to do business look at what's happening and go "The UK looks like a bad bet at them moment due to Brexit".
Companies who need to exchange currencies in order to do business
engage in hedging to offset currency risk.
NSS, just like they secure forward supplies of material they need, long term orders and employ people permanently.
NSS?
Post by R. Mark Clayton
SNIP
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Or bankrolling some shitty little Central European country to veto an
extension!
Another corrupt way of bringing about a disastrous no deal Brexit.
An excellent solution to the Surrender Act, actually.
Bribing foreigners to damage our own country - wasn't one of the charges against Charles I that he paid foreign mercenaries to fight in the UK?
There won't be any damage...unless an extension is granted and Brexit
is delayed yet again.
Post by R. Mark Clayton
SNIP
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Sterling interest rates are higher than the negative ECB rates, yet it has fallen far against the Euro.
Sterling is slightly higher against the Euro than it was a month ago.
Year Euro Appreciation comment
1999/1 71p legal start
2002/1 62p -13% issued
2016/1 73p +3%
2016/6/23 77p +8% Remain expected to win
2016/6/24 82p +15% Leave just won referendum
2019/1/1 90p +27%
2019/9/9 90p +27%
today 90p +27% NO change since last month
A Euro has been worth as much as 93p (+31%) this summer - so much for Brexiteers dissing it as a failed currency - well maybe it is, but just look what they have done to Sterling!
Neither Sterling nor the Euro have much going for them. Europe
(including the UK for now) is basically stagnant. That's why we need
OUT.
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
ECB interest rates are only negative because the mainland economies
are grinding to a halt.
Yes trade wars, a global slowdown and Brexit are affecting them.
So Brexit is affecting the mainland economies as well? Who'd have
thunk it????
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
If inflation returns this means the pound you buy with other currencies will purchase less in the UK and so the exchange rate falls not rises. Raising interest rates is partly to encourage saving over spending and partly to prop up the currency concerned by making holding it more interesting.
Raising interest rates will make Sterling more attractive to hold and
will not only prop up the currency but strengthen it.
Yes thanks for restating what I said.
I didn't.
Post by R. Mark Clayton
This would be short term - in the long term the connected inflation will weaken it.
Overseas buyers of Sterling are not affected by domestic inflation.
Higher Sterling interest rates makes it an attractive currency to hold
and pushes the exchange rate upwards...until interest rates drop
again.
Peeler
2019-10-09 15:31:11 UTC
On Wed, 09 Oct 2019 05:44:11 -0700, clinically insane, pedophilic, serbian
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Overseas buyers of Sterling are not affected by domestic inflation.
Higher Sterling interest rates makes it an attractive currency to hold
and pushes the exchange rate upwards...until interest rates drop
again.
Let's see whether that senile Remoaner will take also this bait, eh,
pedophilic psychopath?
Peeler
2019-10-07 17:22:30 UTC
On Mon, 7 Oct 2019 07:35:26 -0700 (PDT), R. Mark Clayton, another mentally
challenge, troll-feeding senile Remoaner, blathered again:

<FLUSH>
Post by R. Mark Clayton
well the BoE has said this [due to Brexit], however if the debt goes above
annual GDP then market rates tend to rise.
Do you know what an asshole you are, or do you constantly need to be told,
you troll-feeding senile Remoaner scum?
pensive hamster
2019-10-07 14:47:15 UTC
[...]
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
So "project fear" dropped the pound 10% in ten minutes on the result and has kept it around 15 - 20% lower ever since?
That was the result of FX speculation, as discussed before.
Are there any currency exchange rates which are not the result of
currency speculation? How else do exchange rates come about?
Is there are committee somewhere?

https://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/forex/how-forex-exchange-rates-set.asp

[...]
R. Mark Clayton
2019-10-07 14:55:35 UTC
Post by pensive hamster
[...]
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
So "project fear" dropped the pound 10% in ten minutes on the result and has kept it around 15 - 20% lower ever since?
That was the result of FX speculation, as discussed before.
Are there any currency exchange rates which are not the result of
currency speculation? How else do exchange rates come about?
Is there are committee somewhere?
https://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/forex/how-forex-exchange-rates-set.asp
[...]
In the big picture rates arise so that alike goods cost roughly the same in different currencies.

In the short term there can be speculation and in the medium term factors like government policy, taxation, natural disasters and unnatural ones (like Brexit) can all affect rates.

The reason why the pound fell so much and stayed low is because almost all economists, financial or industry organisations think Brexit is very bad for business and trade and so the economic performance of the UK will fall.
Norman Wells
2019-10-07 15:49:56 UTC
Post by pensive hamster
[...]
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
[...]
Exchange rates are set by the market. Who makes the market? Currency
traders. And what is their sole objective in life? To make as much
money from currency trading as they possibly can. In a field where
there are no absolute values, and no constraints, what they do is
nothing more or less than 'speculation'. They deal in something
intangible, and buy cheap in the hope of selling dear.

The fact that it's a zero sum game, and that for every gain they make
someone else loses, doesn't concern them in the slightest. It's
dog-eat-dog. And I have to say that doesn't seem a very sound basis for
setting currency exchange rates to me.
pensive hamster
2019-10-07 16:55:11 UTC
[...]
Post by Norman Wells
Post by R. Mark Clayton
The reason why the pound fell so much and stayed low is because almost all economists, financial or industry organisations think Brexit is very bad for business and trade and so the economic performance of the UK will fall.
Exchange rates are set by the market. Who makes the market? Currency
traders. And what is their sole objective in life? To make as much
money from currency trading as they possibly can. In a field where
there are no absolute values,
In a marketplace, there are no absolute values. Does a loaf of
bread, or an avocado, have an absolute value?
Post by Norman Wells
and no constraints,
There are some constraints, such as laws against insider
trading, etc. And the biggest constraint is the possibility of
going broke if you get your trades wrong.
Post by Norman Wells
what they do is
nothing more or less than 'speculation'. They deal in something
intangible,
So you consider money as something intangible?
Post by Norman Wells
and buy cheap in the hope of selling dear.
Isn't that what most/all businesses do?
Post by Norman Wells
The fact that it's a zero sum game, and that for every gain they make
someone else loses, doesn't concern them in the slightest. It's
dog-eat-dog. And I have to say that doesn't seem a very sound basis for
setting currency exchange rates to me.
And your proposal for a sounder basis is ...?

Perhaps you favour a system such as the ERM. That went well,
didn't it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Exchange_Rate_Mechanism#Pound_sterling's_forced_withdrawal_from_the_ERM
Norman Wells
2019-10-07 17:58:20 UTC
Post by pensive hamster
[...]
Post by Norman Wells
Post by R. Mark Clayton
The reason why the pound fell so much and stayed low is because almost all economists, financial or industry organisations think Brexit is very bad for business and trade and so the economic performance of the UK will fall.
Exchange rates are set by the market. Who makes the market? Currency
traders. And what is their sole objective in life? To make as much
money from currency trading as they possibly can. In a field where
there are no absolute values,
In a marketplace, there are no absolute values. Does a loaf of
bread, or an avocado, have an absolute value?
Yes. At least they're tangible objects that are widely traded
worldwide. Their value tends to equalise over the world due to supply
tending to match demand, and trade between nations.
Post by pensive hamster
Post by Norman Wells
and no constraints,
There are some constraints, such as laws against insider
trading, etc. And the biggest constraint is the possibility of
going broke if you get your trades wrong.
Of course. But that's never stopped gamblers in the past. They always
believe they can beat the system if only they continue gambling.
Post by pensive hamster
Post by Norman Wells
what they do is
nothing more or less than 'speculation'. They deal in something
intangible,
So you consider money as something intangible?
Yes, of course. That tenner in your pocket has no intrinsic worth. Nor
do the numbers in your bank account.
Post by pensive hamster
Post by Norman Wells
and buy cheap in the hope of selling dear.
Isn't that what most/all businesses do?
It's what they try to do, but there it's perfectly possible for both
sides to benefit by any trade. The buyer is not necessarily a loser if
the seller makes a profit.
Post by pensive hamster
Post by Norman Wells
The fact that it's a zero sum game, and that for every gain they make
someone else loses, doesn't concern them in the slightest. It's
dog-eat-dog. And I have to say that doesn't seem a very sound basis for
setting currency exchange rates to me.
And your proposal for a sounder basis is ...?
Perhaps you favour a system such as the ERM. That went well,
didn't it?
We still have the possibility of government intervention if we're not
happy with the exchange rate, but it does tend to be eye-wateringly
costly. The problem with the ERM was that we tried too hard to maintain
the rate even when it clearly became unsustainable.

Maybe there is no one perfect system, but the balance is clearly tilted
too far at present in the direction of the speculators.
pensive hamster
2019-10-07 18:13:30 UTC
[...]
Post by Norman Wells
Post by pensive hamster
In a marketplace, there are no absolute values. Does a loaf of
bread, or an avocado, have an absolute value?
Yes. At least they're tangible objects that are widely traded
worldwide. Their value tends to equalise over the world due to supply
tending to match demand, and trade between nations.
But their value is still not an absolute value, it remains a relative
value.

[...]
R. Mark Clayton
2019-10-08 11:19:08 UTC
Post by Norman Wells
Post by pensive hamster
[...]
Post by Norman Wells
Post by R. Mark Clayton
The reason why the pound fell so much and stayed low is because almost all economists, financial or industry organisations think Brexit is very bad for business and trade and so the economic performance of the UK will fall.
Exchange rates are set by the market. Who makes the market? Currency
traders. And what is their sole objective in life? To make as much
money from currency trading as they possibly can. In a field where
there are no absolute values,
In a marketplace, there are no absolute values. Does a loaf of
bread, or an avocado, have an absolute value?
Yes. At least they're tangible objects that are widely traded
worldwide. Their value tends to equalise over the world due to supply
tending to match demand, and trade between nations.
Indeed they do and because different nations use different currencies, this tends to determine the exchange rates between those currencies, so the exchange rates stabilise at a level the tends to equalise the value of real goods and services.
Post by Norman Wells
Post by pensive hamster
Post by Norman Wells
what they do is
nothing more or less than 'speculation'. They deal in something
intangible,
So you consider money as something intangible?
Yes, of course. That tenner in your pocket has no intrinsic worth. Nor
do the numbers in your bank account.
Indeed AFAIK all the world's currencies are fiat now. Although of course you can exchange them for commodities like oil, gold, food etc.
So how have the speculators managed to hold down the value of the pound for over three years and evendepress it further? Is there something they know that you don't? Like Brexit will badly damage the economy [and already has]?
Norman Wells
So, why does it go up and down depending on speculators?
tim...
2019-10-07 17:15:24 UTC
Post by Norman Wells
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by pensive hamster
[...]
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
[...]
what else are we going to do?

we used to have fixed exchange rates

we almost bankrupted the country tying to keep them in line

2019-10-07 18:00:55 UTC
Post by pensive hamster
[...]
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
[...]
Have a global government and a global currency, both run by benign
people with all of our best interests at heart.

How hard can that be?
pensive hamster
2019-10-07 18:20:30 UTC
Post by Norman Wells
"Norman Wells" wrote in message
Post by Norman Wells
The fact that it's a zero sum game, and that for every gain they make
someone else loses, doesn't concern them in the slightest.  It's
dog-eat-dog.  And I have to say that doesn't seem a very sound basis
for setting currency exchange rates to me.
what else are we going to do?
Have a global government
Like the UN, you mean?
Post by Norman Wells
and a global currency, both run by benign
people with all of our best interests at heart.
China seems to be aiming for that role, judging by the amount
of land and businesses they are buying up.
Post by Norman Wells
How hard can that be?
You'll get used to the chopsticks. Pretending to to like
Chinese opera is going to be more difficult ...
Pamela
2019-10-09 10:28:44 UTC
Post by Norman Wells
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by pensive hamster
[...]
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
[...]
Isn't this better seen collectively as the mechanism of an efficient
market at work, rather than your focus on the motives and actions of
participants?
Norman Wells
If you think it is, I expect you'll make your point in due course.
Pamela
2019-10-09 13:08:00 UTC
Post by Norman Wells
Post by Pamela
Post by Norman Wells
Post by R. Mark Clayton
On Sunday, 6 October 2019 17:25:07 UTC+1, Grik-bastarde®™
[...]
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
[...]
I am waiting for you to make a point about exchange markets that doesn't
rely on your moral disapproval of the participants' motives. Your posts
read like misplaced Labour Party moans about "not trusting to the bazaar"
when setting rates.

Would you now like to make your point properly?
Norman Wells
2019-10-09 14:43:32 UTC
Post by Pamela
Post by Norman Wells
Post by Pamela
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
[...]
I've not made any moral judgement, but just given you the facts. And
you haven't disagreed with any of them as far as I can see.

If you do, you'll have to say which and why.
Post by Pamela
Your posts
read like misplaced Labour Party moans about "not trusting to the bazaar"
when setting rates.
Would you now like to make your point properly?
It's made perfectly properly above.

If you've got a point, perhaps you'd like to make it.
Pamela
2019-10-16 10:17:44 UTC
Post by Norman Wells
Post by Pamela
Post by Norman Wells
Post by Pamela
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
[...]
You have used selective facts and then moralised over them to make a case.
Post by Pamela
Your posts read like misplaced Labour Party moans about "not trusting
to the bazaar" when setting rates.
Would you now like to make your point properly?
It's made perfectly properly above.
Try again please.

Grik-bastarde®™
2019-10-07 16:27:07 UTC
On Mon, 7 Oct 2019 07:47:15 -0700 (PDT), pensive hamster
Post by pensive hamster
[...]
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
So "project fear" dropped the pound 10% in ten minutes on the result and has kept it around 15 - 20% lower ever since?
That was the result of FX speculation, as discussed before.
Are there any currency exchange rates which are not the result of
currency speculation? How else do exchange rates come about?
Is there are committee somewhere?
https://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/forex/how-forex-exchange-rates-set.asp
Most FX trading is trade related: buying another currency in order to
pay for something in that currency. Perhaps only 10% or so is
speculative.

As demand for one currency surges, its relative value to other
currencies will rise. And, of course, vice versa.
Peeler
2019-10-07 17:25:55 UTC
On Mon, 07 Oct 2019 09:27:07 -0700, clinically insane, pedophilic, serbian
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Most FX trading is trade related: buying another currency in order to
pay for something in that currency. Perhaps only 10% or so is
speculative.
What currencies did you use to pay for the little kids in East Asia that you
abused, filthy pedophilic dreckserb?
Grik-bastarde®™
2019-10-07 17:37:11 UTC
On Mon, 7 Oct 2019 10:09:08 -0700 (PDT), pensive hamster
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by pensive hamster
[...]
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
Post by R. Mark Clayton
So "project fear" dropped the pound 10% in ten minutes on the result and has kept it around 15 - 20% lower ever since?
That was the result of FX speculation, as discussed before.
Are there any currency exchange rates which are not the result of
currency speculation? How else do exchange rates come about?
Is there are committee somewhere?
https://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/forex/how-forex-exchange-rates-set.asp
Most FX trading is trade related: buying another currency in order to
pay for something in that currency. Perhaps only 10% or so is
speculative.
As demand for one currency surges, its relative value to other
currencies will rise. And, of course, vice versa.
If demand for one currency surges, wouldn't that nearly always
be caused by speculation?
Typically. That was the case on Black Wednesday in 1992 when the jew
speculator George Soros bet against Sterling.
How often would hedging surge enough to cause a currency surge?
Only when a significant number of similar FX hedging positions are
closed at the same time.
Peeler
2019-10-07 18:47:00 UTC
On Mon, 07 Oct 2019 10:37:11 -0700, clinically insane, pedophilic, serbian
Post by Grik-bastarde®™
How often would hedging surge enough to cause a currency surge?
Only when a significant number of similar FX hedging positions are
closed at the same time.
Found yet another senile idiot who can't see through you, psychopath
Razovic? <BG>
Vidcapper
2019-10-06 05:57:04 UTC
But don't worry Boris intends to make a bonfire of all that EU
hygiene and environmental red tape after Brexit and allow bleached US
meat with antibiotics and hormones, so there will be plenty of
opportunity to get poisoned and grow breasts then...
It's a bit late for more Project Fear - you already lost... :P
Paul Hyett, Cheltenham
R. Mark Clayton
2019-10-06 14:38:56 UTC
Post by Vidcapper
Post by R. Mark Clayton
But don't worry Boris intends to make a bonfire of all that EU
hygiene and environmental red tape after Brexit and allow bleached US
meat with antibiotics and hormones, so there will be plenty of
opportunity to get poisoned and grow breasts then...
It's a bit late for more Project Fear - you already lost... :P
Hardly - that is to do with allowing frankly adulterated US meat into the UK.
Post by Vidcapper
Paul Hyett, Cheltenham
Norman Wells
2019-10-06 15:04:14 UTC
Post by Vidcapper
Post by R. Mark Clayton
But don't worry Boris intends to make a bonfire of all that EU
hygiene and environmental red tape after Brexit and allow bleached US
meat with antibiotics and hormones, so there will be plenty of
opportunity to get poisoned and grow breasts then...
It's a bit late for more Project Fear - you already lost... :P
Hardly - that is to do with allowing frankly adulterated US meat into the UK.
Americans seem to eat it OK. And survive.

Surprising really if it's that 'adulterated', don't you think?

When Project Fear calls, all logic flies straight out of the window,
doesn't it, Mark?
Norman Wells
2019-10-06 20:12:18 UTC
Post by Vidcapper
Post by R. Mark Clayton
But don't worry Boris intends to make a bonfire of all that EU
hygiene and environmental red tape after Brexit and allow bleached US
meat with antibiotics and hormones, so there will be plenty of
opportunity to get poisoned and grow breasts then...
It's a bit late for more Project Fear - you already lost... :P
Hardly - that is to do with allowing frankly adulterated US meat into the UK.
Americans seem to eat it OK.  And survive.
I ate it, and I'm still here
Whilst I do understand why the EU rules are different, the idea that has
been promoted that there is something harmful to the consumer in this
process is just nonsense
Quite. Banning such produce in the EU has nothing at all to do with
safety, but with rank protectionism dressed up flimsily as animal
welfare or health concerns.

I'm afraid it's how the EU tends to behave. It doesn't much like the
idea of fair competition, and employs Project Fear to prevent it..
R. Mark Clayton
2019-10-07 10:55:45 UTC
Post by Norman Wells
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Vidcapper
Post by R. Mark Clayton
But don't worry Boris intends to make a bonfire of all that EU
hygiene and environmental red tape after Brexit and allow bleached US
meat with antibiotics and hormones, so there will be plenty of
opportunity to get poisoned and grow breasts then...
It's a bit late for more Project Fear - you already lost... :P
Hardly - that is to do with allowing frankly adulterated US meat into the UK.
Americans seem to eat it OK.  And survive.
I ate it, and I'm still here
Whilst I do understand why the EU rules are different, the idea that has
been promoted that there is something harmful to the consumer in this
process is just nonsense
Quite. Banning such produce in the EU has nothing at all to do with
safety, but with rank protectionism dressed up flimsily as animal
welfare
sows farrowed on concrete floors - do you have a concrete bed?
Post by Norman Wells
or health concerns.
There are four main areas: -

GM food - this I dismiss, humans eat DNA all the time and suffer no harm.

Hormone enhanced meat - unclear the proportion remaining in the meat or the effects humans eating it.

Bleached chicken - allows for poor slaughtering practices and for unfit meat to enter the food chain. Several UK chicken processors were convicted of washing already condemned chicken and selling it.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1432827/Condemned-meat-sold-to-food-firms.html

Prophylactic use of antibiotics - easily the most dangerous IMO and very likely to lead the the evolution of antibiotic resistant bacteria in the food chain which are extremely dangerous to humans - which is why the NHS is so keen to reduce antibiotic use even in medecin to a minimum: -
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/jan/24/nhs-aims-for-15-cut-in-antibiotics-use-to-tackle-drug-resistant-bugs
Post by Norman Wells
I'm afraid it's how the EU tends to behave. It doesn't much like the
idea of fair competition, and employs Project Fear to prevent it..
You seem to have project fear on the brain today.

This is about allowing crap food into the UK.
Norman Wells
2019-10-07 12:18:02 UTC
Post by Norman Wells
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Norman Wells
or health concerns.
There are four main areas: -
GM food - this I dismiss, humans eat DNA all the time and suffer no harm.
Good, very sensible. Do your minders in the LibDems have a policy yet
on GM, or is it as ever, er, don't really know. let's have a 'review'
and a 'debate', as if the issues haven't been aired enough already?
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Hormone enhanced meat - unclear the proportion remaining in the meat or the effects humans eating it.
I think the first is well established, and the second is none or
absolutely negligible.

If a one ton animal is given a few milligrams, how much do you think
will remain in the animal, say for a year after treatment, rather than
be metabolised as normal, how much do you think there will be in an 8oz
steak, and what concentration will that give in your 80kg body once
you've eaten it?
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Bleached chicken - allows for poor slaughtering practices and for unfit meat to enter the food chain.
It's a safety measure which the EU would be well advised to follow to
reduce the incidence of the most common form of food poisoning here in
the UK, which is campylobacter from chicken meat produced in the EU.

Our chicken meat is so unsafe and contaminated that the NHS even gives
out warnings about not to wash it under the tap! Just think for a
moment about that.

Why do we not have chlorine-washing of chicken meat in the UK, which
would be cheap and effective with no downside? It's because of EU rules
designed to prevent imports from the USA which very sensibly routinely
have been treated in that way. Those rules have *nothing* to do with
food safety. They're just anti-competitive, and a convenient excuse.
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Several UK chicken processors were convicted of washing already condemned chicken and selling it.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1432827/Condemned-meat-sold-to-food-firms.html
That has got nothing to do with whether chlorine washing of *all*
chicken is a good thing, which it undoubtedly is.

We already have good laws against the criminal activity of selling
condemned meat.
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Prophylactic use of antibiotics - easily the most dangerous IMO and very likely to lead the the evolution of antibiotic resistant bacteria in the food chain which are extremely dangerous to humans - which is why the NHS is so keen to reduce antibiotic use even in medecin to a minimum: -
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/jan/24/nhs-aims-for-15-cut-in-antibiotics-use-to-tackle-drug-resistant-bugs
I agree generally, but it's interesting your reference isn't about the
food chain at all. It's a smokescreen about a different problem.
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Norman Wells
I'm afraid it's how the EU tends to behave. It doesn't much like the
idea of fair competition, and employs Project Fear to prevent it..
You seem to have project fear on the brain today.
This is about allowing crap food into the UK.
Without it being established that it's 'crap food', you're talking
nonsense. And there's no evidence that it is.
R. Mark Clayton
2019-10-07 14:42:49 UTC
Post by Norman Wells
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Norman Wells
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Several UK chicken processors were convicted of washing already condemned chicken and selling it.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1432827/Condemned-meat-sold-to-food-firms.html
That has got nothing to do with whether chlorine washing of *all*
chicken is a good thing, which it undoubtedly is.
We already have good laws against the criminal activity of selling
condemned meat.
The criminals used this technique (using brine rather than bleach, cos it was cheaper) for three years to process carrion and other condemned meat - good law maybe, poorly enforced.
Post by Norman Wells
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Prophylactic use of antibiotics - easily the most dangerous IMO and very likely to lead the the evolution of antibiotic resistant bacteria in the food chain which are extremely dangerous to humans - which is why the NHS is so keen to reduce antibiotic use even in medecin to a minimum: -
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/jan/24/nhs-aims-for-15-cut-in-antibiotics-use-to-tackle-drug-resistant-bugs
I agree generally,
gosh!
Post by Norman Wells
but it's interesting your reference isn't about the
food chain at all. It's a smokescreen about a different problem.
it was to show that overuse of antibiotics tends to cause resistance to develop. Giving animals antibiotics when they aren't even ill is a recipe for problems, especially if the application is sporadic.
Post by Norman Wells
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Norman Wells
I'm afraid it's how the EU tends to behave. It doesn't much like the
idea of fair competition, and employs Project Fear to prevent it..
You seem to have project fear on the brain today.
This is about allowing crap food into the UK.
Without it being established that it's 'crap food', you're talking
nonsense. And there's no evidence that it is.
There is although there are worse places: -

https://www.fastcompany.com/3025173/the-countries-with-the-best-and-worst-food-systems
https://thetruthaboutcancer.com/america-worst-food-quality-safety/

anyway enjoy your imported chicken burger...
Norman Wells
2019-10-07 15:55:21 UTC
Post by Norman Wells
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Norman Wells
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Several UK chicken processors were convicted of washing already condemned chicken and selling it.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1432827/Condemned-meat-sold-to-food-firms.html
That has got nothing to do with whether chlorine washing of *all*
chicken is a good thing, which it undoubtedly is.
We already have good laws against the criminal activity of selling
condemned meat.
The criminals used this technique (using brine rather than bleach, cos it was cheaper) for three years to process carrion and other condemned meat - good law maybe, poorly enforced.
All it shows, though, is that there are some criminals around who deeply
care about our wellbeing, and probably love their mums too. Otherwise,
why would they treat it at all?
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Norman Wells
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Prophylactic use of antibiotics - easily the most dangerous IMO and very likely to lead the the evolution of antibiotic resistant bacteria in the food chain which are extremely dangerous to humans - which is why the NHS is so keen to reduce antibiotic use even in medecin to a minimum: -
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/jan/24/nhs-aims-for-15-cut-in-antibiotics-use-to-tackle-drug-resistant-bugs
I agree generally,
gosh!
Always fair, me.
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Norman Wells
but it's interesting your reference isn't about the
food chain at all. It's a smokescreen about a different problem.
it was to show that overuse of antibiotics tends to cause resistance to develop.
Yes, we know that, but that's in humans.
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Giving animals antibiotics when they aren't even ill is a recipe for problems, especially if the application is sporadic.
But you didn't give any evidence of that.
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Norman Wells
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Norman Wells
I'm afraid it's how the EU tends to behave. It doesn't much like the
idea of fair competition, and employs Project Fear to prevent it..
You seem to have project fear on the brain today.
This is about allowing crap food into the UK.
Without it being established that it's 'crap food', you're talking
nonsense. And there's no evidence that it is.
There is although there are worse places: -
https://www.fastcompany.com/3025173/the-countries-with-the-best-and-worst-food-systems
https://thetruthaboutcancer.com/america-worst-food-quality-safety/
anyway enjoy your imported chicken burger...
I'm sure I shall. There's no earthy reason why I shouldn't.

And that's the point.
R. Mark Clayton
2019-10-08 11:29:43 UTC
SNIP
Post by Norman Wells
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Hormone enhanced meat - unclear the proportion remaining in the meat or the effects humans eating it.
I think the first is well established, and the second is none or
absolutely negligible.
If a one ton animal is given a few milligrams, how much do you think
will remain in the animal, say for a year after treatment,
it is given constantly
Post by Norman Wells
rather than
be metabolised as normal, how much do you think there will be in an 8oz
steak, and what concentration will that give in your 80kg body once
you've eaten it?
the daily dose in the contraceptive pill is 30-35 millionths of a gram - it doesn't need a lot, but hey at least you won't get pregnant...

If given for veterinary reasons, e.g. birth problems, the cow should not be slaughtered for sixty days.

SNIP
R. Mark Clayton
2019-10-07 10:43:33 UTC
Post by Norman Wells
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Vidcapper
Post by R. Mark Clayton
But don't worry Boris intends to make a bonfire of all that EU
hygiene and environmental red tape after Brexit and allow bleached US
meat with antibiotics and hormones, so there will be plenty of
opportunity to get poisoned and grow breasts then...
It's a bit late for more Project Fear - you already lost... :P
Hardly - that is to do with allowing frankly adulterated US meat into the UK.
Americans seem to eat it OK. And survive.
Sure, but not as long as Brits: -
https://www.bmj.com/content/363/bmj.k5118
https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-life-expectancy-falls-further-1543467660
and of course injesting the hormones used to fatten up livestock has no effect on their health: -
https://www.healthleadersmedia.com/welcome-ad?toURL=/us-obesity-rates-reach-historic-highs
Indeed Brexit proponents, like you, label any inconvenient facts as "project fear" or "false news".
Norman Wells
2019-10-07 11:46:04 UTC
Post by Norman Wells
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Vidcapper
Post by R. Mark Clayton
But don't worry Boris intends to make a bonfire of all that EU
hygiene and environmental red tape after Brexit and allow bleached US
meat with antibiotics and hormones, so there will be plenty of
opportunity to get poisoned and grow breasts then...
It's a bit late for more Project Fear - you already lost... :P
Hardly - that is to do with allowing frankly adulterated US meat into the UK.
Americans seem to eat it OK. And survive.
Sure, but not as long as Brits: -
https://www.bmj.com/content/363/bmj.k5118
https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-life-expectancy-falls-further-1543467660
Can you establish a causative link between US food safety and overall
life expectancy? If not, you're just talking nonsense.
Post by R. Mark Clayton
and of course injesting the hormones used to fatten up livestock has no effect on their health: -
https://www.healthleadersmedia.com/welcome-ad?toURL=/us-obesity-rates-reach-historic-highs
Can you establish a causative link between US food safety and obesity?
If not, you're just talking nonsense. Again.
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Norman Wells
Surprising really if it's that 'adulterated', don't you think?
When Project Fear calls, all logic flies straight out of the window,
doesn't it, Mark?
Indeed Brexit proponents, like you, label any inconvenient facts as "project fear" or "false news".
The thing about Project Fear is that it's not about facts but just
unfounded scare stories.
R. Mark Clayton
2019-10-07 14:50:25 UTC
Post by Norman Wells
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Norman Wells
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Vidcapper
Post by R. Mark Clayton
But don't worry Boris intends to make a bonfire of all that EU
hygiene and environmental red tape after Brexit and allow bleached US
meat with antibiotics and hormones, so there will be plenty of
opportunity to get poisoned and grow breasts then...
It's a bit late for more Project Fear - you already lost... :P
Hardly - that is to do with allowing frankly adulterated US meat into the UK.
Americans seem to eat it OK. And survive.
Sure, but not as long as Brits: -
https://www.bmj.com/content/363/bmj.k5118
https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-life-expectancy-falls-further-1543467660
Can you establish a causative link between US food safety and overall
life expectancy? If not, you're just talking nonsense.
Causation when there are so many factors is difficult. Many would say that lower life expectancy in Scotland was caused by excessive alcohol consumption, yet in the bigger picture if you take the top 20 or 30 countries in the world there is a [slight] positive correlation between alcohol consumption and life expectancy (i.e. people who live in countries with higher consumption live longer).
Post by Norman Wells
Post by R. Mark Clayton
and of course ingesting the hormones used to fatten up livestock has no effect on their health: -
https://www.healthleadersmedia.com/welcome-ad?toURL=/us-obesity-rates-reach-historic-highs
Can you establish a causative link between US food safety and obesity?
No, but it is an amusing coincidence. When I visited NY in the 1980', one of my colleagues remarked that the reason why almost all the women we saw had large behinds was because of the hormones given to cattle to give them large rumps and the women had consumed the meat containing the hormones.
Post by Norman Wells
If not, you're just talking nonsense. Again.
The reality of course is that they just eat far too much.
But when YOU are provided with well founded adverse results like growth reversal and the collapse of the pound you either flat deny it is true or claim it is short term speculation.
Norman Wells
2019-10-07 15:34:33 UTC
Post by Norman Wells
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Norman Wells
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Vidcapper
Post by R. Mark Clayton
[...]
In summary then, you can't.
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Norman Wells
Post by R. Mark Clayton
and of course ingesting the hormones used to fatten up livestock has no effect on their health: -
https://www.healthleadersmedia.com/welcome-ad?toURL=/us-obesity-rates-reach-historic-highs
Can you establish a causative link between US food safety and obesity?
No,
You can't again then.
Post by Norman Wells
If not, you're just talking nonsense. Again.
The reality of course is that they just eat far too much.
Exactly. And of the wrong things.

There is no evidence whatsoever that food in the USA is intrinsically
unhealthy or 'frankly adulterated'.
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Norman Wells
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Norman Wells
Surprising really if it's that 'adulterated', don't you think?
When Project Fear calls, all logic flies straight out of the window,
doesn't it, Mark?
Indeed Brexit proponents, like you, label any inconvenient facts as "project fear" or "false news".
The thing about Project Fear is that it's not about facts but just
unfounded scare stories.
But when YOU are provided with well founded adverse results like growth reversal and the collapse of the pound you either flat deny it is true
Only when it isn't.
Post by R. Mark Clayton
or claim it is short term speculation.
Only when it is.

I argue on the facts, not on scares.
Vidcapper
2019-10-07 05:51:41 UTC
Post by Vidcapper
Post by R. Mark Clayton
But don't worry Boris intends to make a bonfire of all that EU
hygiene and environmental red tape after Brexit and allow bleached US
meat with antibiotics and hormones, so there will be plenty of
opportunity to get poisoned and grow breasts then...
It's a bit late for more Project Fear - you already lost... :P
Hardly - that is to do with allowing frankly adulterated US meat into the UK.
You make it sound unfit for human consumption. 8)
--
Paul Hyett, Cheltenham