Boris Johnson was terrible on last night's Question Time Election Special
Add Reply
MM
2019-11-23 12:45:13 UTC
Jeremy Corbyn gave quite a solid performance, I thought. He came
unstuck over the question as to what he'd campaign for if there were a
second referendum, but other than that I didn't feel that the audience
was as hostile towards him as they were towards Boris Johnson later.

Johnson got a good kicking throughout his 30 allotted minutes. No
respite. His was a bewildering performance of dissembling, diversion,
exaggeration, and not accepting blame for anything, not even for his
possibly unintended ramping up of Islamophobia and homophobia. He
flounced off the stage at the end without even shaking hands with
Fiona Bruce, and I should think Dominic was truly pissed off with him
afterwards.

I didn't watch Swinson or Sturgeon. Why would I?

By the way, the Tory lead over Labour is shrinking.

MM
Farmer Giles
2019-11-23 13:12:05 UTC
Post by MM
Jeremy Corbyn gave quite a solid performance, I thought. He came
unstuck over the question as to what he'd campaign for if there were a
second referendum, but other than that I didn't feel that the audience
was as hostile towards him as they were towards Boris Johnson later.
Johnson got a good kicking throughout his 30 allotted minutes. No
respite. His was a bewildering performance of dissembling, diversion,
exaggeration, and not accepting blame for anything, not even for his
possibly unintended ramping up of Islamophobia and homophobia. He
flounced off the stage at the end without even shaking hands with
Fiona Bruce, and I should think Dominic was truly pissed off with him
afterwards.
I didn't watch Swinson or Sturgeon. Why would I?
By the way, the Tory lead over Labour is shrinking.
MM
Didn't watch much of it myself, looked like the usual
painting-by-numbers BBC audience. What was Sturgeon doing there anyway?
She's not an MP, or even a candidate to attempt to become one.

However, to find out what really went on I was waiting for the usual
scintillating in-depth analysis from Babbelard. Can't think what's
taking him so long, surely it doesn't take that long to copy something.
abuse.usenetxs.com
2019-11-23 22:38:35 UTC
Jeremy Corbyn is a nightmare waiting to happen. He will turn England into a big joke.

He will turn successful companies into state ownership and turn them into a joke (like british leyland).

If Labor wins then get ready for endless strikes and power-cuts. 90% tax will make all the billionaires pullout of the UK and take the jobs with them.
abuse.usenetxs.com
2019-11-24 19:05:51 UTC
He constantly interrupted and being spoken over.

If a makes a joke about a gay, nothing wrong with that. They have chosen that sort of like and we have a right to say what we thing about that sort of sexual perversion.
tim...
2019-11-29 07:42:54 UTC
Post by MM
Jeremy Corbyn gave quite a solid performance, I thought. He came
unstuck over the question as to what he'd campaign for if there were a
second referendum, but other than that I didn't feel that the audience
was as hostile towards him as they were towards Boris Johnson later.
Johnson got a good kicking throughout his 30 allotted minutes. No
respite. His was a bewildering performance of dissembling, diversion,
exaggeration, and not accepting blame for anything, not even for his
possibly unintended ramping up of Islamophobia and homophobia. He
flounced off the stage at the end without even shaking hands with
Fiona Bruce, and I should think Dominic was truly pissed off with him
afterwards.
I didn't watch Swinson or Sturgeon. Why would I?
By the way, the Tory lead over Labour is shrinking.
and then rising again

just like with currencies. you can't read much from one spot result

tim
Keema's Nan
2019-11-29 13:26:32 UTC
Post by MM
Jeremy Corbyn gave quite a solid performance, I thought. He came
unstuck over the question as to what he'd campaign for if there were a
second referendum, but other than that I didn't feel that the audience
was as hostile towards him as they were towards Boris Johnson later.
Johnson got a good kicking throughout his 30 allotted minutes. No
respite. His was a bewildering performance of dissembling, diversion,
exaggeration, and not accepting blame for anything, not even for his
possibly unintended ramping up of Islamophobia and homophobia. He
flounced off the stage at the end without even shaking hands with
Fiona Bruce, and I should think Dominic was truly pissed off with him
afterwards.
I didn't watch Swinson or Sturgeon. Why would I?
By the way, the Tory lead over Labour is shrinking.
and then rising again
No.

Almost all the polls taken over the last two weeks show a slight narrowing of
the gap (between Tory and Labour) by about 3%.
tim
Basil Jet
2019-11-29 14:20:43 UTC
Post by Keema's Nan
Post by tim...
Post by MM
[...]
I'm not seeing that in the second graph here
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_for_the_2019_United_Kingdom_general_election
--
Basil Jet recently enjoyed listening to
Oh Sees - 2017 - Dead Medic