Why there are no successful black nations?
2018-05-14 20:21:59 UTC
"Byker" <***@do~rag.net> wrote in message news:ra6dnTpUb8ZNJWTHnZ2dnUU7-***@supernews.com...
: Remember what I said about the Chinese moving in?:
: https://tinyurl.com/y89gsyod

: When will we take in THESE refugees?

: "[T]he indignity and helplessness of blacks in America won't end until we
: have a first-world African nation to lift up our people." It ain't gonna
: happen, Mbongo...
: -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
: There Are No Successful Black Nations
:
: BY CHIGOZIE OBIOMA
: AUGUST 9, 2016, 5:37 PM
:
: Questions of injustice in the United States have been duly raised and
: protested. And, once again, the black cultural elites in America have
seized
: various platforms to air their grievances and are mostly - and rightly -
: talking about racism, discrimination, racial profiling, and hate, among
: other issues. But one issue that has hardly been talked about is the core
: reason why black people have remained synonymous with the denigrating
: experience of racism. It is, I dare say, because of the worldwide
indignity
: of the black race.
:
: Racism is not limited to the Unites States. There is no nonblack nation,
: even among the most liberal ones, where the black man is dignified.
History
: dealt us an unforgiving blow in the incursion of foreigners into black
: lands. The Arabs enslaved tribes and nations and then colonized and
: evangelized them. Then came the Europeans, who, persuaded the Africans
were
: of an inferior race, divided up the continent over lunch in Berlin in
1884.
: They carted off a large population of its people - sometimes leaving
entire
: villages almost empty - and brought those who remained on the continent
: under their rule. So complete was the transformation that no black nation
: retained its ancestral nationhood, national language, or national
identity.
: And today we often hear of how China or India or some other nation is
: "taking over" Africa economically. There is almost no nation whose
majority
: is of a different race that has not spat on the face of the black person,
at
: one time or the other.
:
: Be assured, the indignity will continue. Black elites and activists across
: the world have adopted a culture of verbal tyranny in which they shut down
: any effort to reason or criticize us or black-majority nations by labeling
: such attempts as "racism" or "hate speech." Thus, one can be certain that
: any suggestions that our race may indeed need to do something to remedy
our
: situation will not be aired - not by the terrified people of other races.
: And anyone within our race who makes such a suggestion will be deemed weak
: and pandering or a sellout, as U.S. President Barack Obama has been
: repeatedly called. Thus, no one will talk about the painful fact that most
: African and Caribbean nations have either failed or are about to
: collapse.Thus, no one will talk about the painful fact that most African
and
: Caribbean nations have either failed or are about to collapse.
:
: Early African-American intellectuals and cultural elites saw that the
future
: of their race could not be advanced by endless protests or marches of
: "equality" or "justice." It could only be done through the restoration of
: the trampled dignity of the black man. Great men like Marcus Garvey, W. E.
: B. Du Bois, and Malcolm X all knew that a people is only respected when it
: has a nation worthy of respect. A man who lives in a shack cannot expect
: be treated with respect at a palace. They knew that for us to reclaim
power
: we must first reclaim dignity and that this comes through the construction
: of a solid black state with a demonstrable level of development and
: prosperity - and which can stand as a powerful advocate for the global
: black.
:
: Today, no such state exists.
:
: Nigeria, the most populous black nation on Earth, is on the brink of
: collapse. The machineries that make a nation exist, let alone succeed,
have
: all eroded. One might argue that the nation's creation by self-seeking
white
: imperialists engendered its failure from the beginning, as I did in my
: recent novel. But this is only a part of the cause. A culture of
: incompetence, endemic corruption, dignified ineptitude, and, chief among
: all, destructive selfishness and greed has played a major role in its
: unravelling. The same, sadly, can be said for most other African nations.
: States like Zimbabwe, Cameroon, and Equatorial Guinea are farcical
: democracies ruled by men who exclusively cater to their interests and
those
: of their clipped circles.
:
: Thus, it is no surprise that in the absence of any healthy black nation -
in
: the midst of chaos, senseless wars, corrupted religiosity, violence, and
: economic collapse - African and Caribbean people leave home en masse. They
: beg on the streets of Greece, prostitute in the red-light zones of the
: Netherlands, and make up 40 percent of the migrants flocking to Europe. As
: they turn up in these countries, helpless, unwanted, starved, or maimed,
: they are treated like dogs. Last month in Italy, a newly married Nigerian
: man was murdered simply for being unwanted. Everywhere from Ukraine to
: India, nearly every day, black indignity, black helplessness, stares us in
: the face. And all we do, we who hold the platform can do, is scream
: "racism!" and court the sympathy of others.
:
: The Yoruba say, "Eniyan bi aparo ni omo araye n'fe," meaning the world
loves
: a person who is like a partridge. The partridge is a poor bird that,
: enfeebled by its creation, has little ability to hunt, gather, protect, or
: feed itself. The Yoruba believe that the world loves these birds because
: they provide the space for people to show both sincere and insincere
: sympathy while holding firm to their position as the superior and
: maintaining the place of the partridge as the weak. Which is to say that
if
: the partridge relies on the sympathy of others, it will not elevate its
: position. If we, black people everywhere, cannot gather the resources
within
: our powers to exert real changes and restore our dignity, we will continue
: to be seen as weakIf we, black people everywhere, cannot gather the
: resources within our powers to exert real changes and restore our dignity,
: we will continue to be seen as weak. Our protestations and grievances will
: be met with sympathy, which does nothing to inspire respect.
: Black elites should allow for self-criticism and soul-searching and for
the
: restoration of the Pan-Africanist movement with an eye toward building
: sustainable black nations. We must come to realize that to a great extent
: the fate of the black man in America is inextricably linked to that of his
: brother in Africa. Although largely unacknowledged in American political
: discourse, Jim Crow ended in part because of the African Independent
: movements. Jaja Nwachukwu, a 1960s-era Nigerian foreign minister and
avowed
: Pan-Africanist who was close friends with American Presidents Dwight
: Eisenhower and Lyndon Johnson, once recalled how American officials were
: embarrassed when African ministers attended official events in New York's
: U.N. headquarters and were treated with honor as representatives of
: sovereign countries. They were ashamed, for instance, when American blacks
: could not use the same bathroom as the Africans, just as black. The
American
: blacks were further empowered when African nations started becoming
: independent, black-governed nation-states, beginning with Ghana in 1957
and
: followed shortly afterward by other African nations.
:
: As long as we continue to ignore Africa's continuous wallowing in
senseless
: poverty and destructive failures, as long as the Congolese or the Haitian
: remains the poster child for poverty and lack, we will remain undignified.
: As long as we continue to ignore our own self-assessment and
soul-searching,
: we will remain the undignified race. Sadig Rasheed, one of the leading
: African politicians of the 1980s, once told Polish journalist Ryszard
: Kapuscinski: "I worry about whether African societies will be able to
assume
: a self-critical stance, and much depends on this." I add: Our dignity -
and
: even survival - will depend on this.
http://foreignpolicy.com/2016/08/09/there-are-no-successful-black-nations-africa-diginty-racism-pan-africanism/
2018-05-15 07:18:39 UTC
Post by BurfordTJustice
: https://tinyurl.com/y89gsyod
: http://youtu.be/iJwG1KMwtiM
: When will we take in THESE refugees?
: http://youtu.be/_C2R12xQDDE
: http://youtu.be/Jq0GReiZyKc
[...]
The reason is simple.
https://iq-research.info/en/average-iq-by-country

They're thick.
BurfordTJustice
2018-05-15 11:35:53 UTC
Tru dat!

The leaders are all fat and rich also.

"harry" <***@gmail.com> wrote in message news:0aae6aa6-39f7-4eae-a09c-***@googlegroups.com...
: On Monday, 14 May 2018 21:22:02 UTC+1, BurfordTJustice wrote:
: > "Byker" <***@do~rag.net> wrote in message
: > news:ra6dnTpUb8ZNJWTHnZ2dnUU7-***@supernews.com...
: > : Remember what I said about the Chinese moving in?:
: > : https://tinyurl.com/y89gsyod
: > :
: > : http://youtu.be/iJwG1KMwtiM
: > :
: > : When will we take in THESE refugees?
: > : http://youtu.be/_C2R12xQDDE
: > : http://youtu.be/Jq0GReiZyKc
: > :
: > : "[T]he indignity and helplessness of blacks in America won't end until
we
: > : have a first-world African nation to lift up our people." It ain't
gonna
: > : happen, Mbongo...
: >