Election TV debate
Judith
2017-04-19 08:45:36 UTC
I see that the bitch has chickened out of taking part.

Of course it would be awful if the UK electorate were able to see her at her
best.
Phi
2017-04-19 10:20:16 UTC
Who?
Judith
2017-04-19 13:31:30 UTC
Post by Judith
I see that the bitch has chickened out of taking part.
Of course it would be awful if the UK electorate were able to see her at her
best.
Who?
Ask yourself which bitch has chickened out of the election TV debate - and
there is your answer.
Nightjar
2017-04-19 11:14:57 UTC
Post by Judith
I see that the bitch has chickened out of taking part.
Of course it would be awful if the UK electorate were able to see her at her
best.
There has been a lot of discussion about whether these debates really do
anything more than give the leaders a chance to offer prepared sound
bites. They are, at best, of limited value.

Colin Bignell
Judith
2017-04-19 13:35:59 UTC
Post by Nightjar
Post by Judith
I see that the bitch has chickened out of taking part.
Of course it would be awful if the UK electorate were able to see her at her
best.
There has been a lot of discussion about whether these debates really do
anything more than give the leaders a chance to offer prepared sound
bites. They are, at best, of limited value.
At least it is an opportunity for the participants to be questioned by others -
including members of the audience.

I suppose that many people will have to rely on the very balanced views of the
right-wing newspapers for their pre-election information.

The Daily Mail : Filled with a huge close-up picture of an oddly smiling prime
minister, the Mail’s headline said that May had vowed to "CRUSH THE SABOTEURS".
Nightjar
2017-04-19 17:32:01 UTC
Post by Judith
Post by Nightjar
Post by Judith
I see that the bitch has chickened out of taking part.
Of course it would be awful if the UK electorate were able to see her at her
best.
There has been a lot of discussion about whether these debates really do
anything more than give the leaders a chance to offer prepared sound
bites. They are, at best, of limited value.
At least it is an opportunity for the participants to be questioned by others -
including members of the audience.
One of the criticisms of past debates is that the participants rarely
answer the questions asked.
Post by Judith
I suppose that many people will have to rely on the very balanced views of the
right-wing newspapers for their pre-election information.
There will be party political broadcasts, which usually give a better
idea of the policies than any debate. Those who care can also do their
own research into what the parties are promising. Of course, many will
simply vote for the party they always support.
Post by Judith
The Daily Mail : Filled with a huge close-up picture of an oddly smiling prime
minister, the Mail’s headline said that May had vowed to "CRUSH THE SABOTEURS".
That is probably her grimacing at having to give in to her Cabinet over
holding an early election.

Colin Bignell
Old Codger
2017-04-19 21:19:29 UTC
Post by Judith
Post by Nightjar
Post by Judith
I see that the bitch has chickened out of taking part.
Of course it would be awful if the UK electorate were able to see her at her
best.
There has been a lot of discussion about whether these debates really do
anything more than give the leaders a chance to offer prepared sound
bites. They are, at best, of limited value.
At least it is an opportunity for the participants to be questioned by others -
including members of the audience.
I suppose that many people will have to rely on the very balanced views of the
right-wing newspapers for their pre-election information.
You are forgetting that many of those same people will listen to the
very balanced views of the left wing BBC.
--
Old Codger
e-mail use reply to field

tim...
2017-04-19 15:36:28 UTC
Post by Judith
I see that the bitch has chickened out of taking part.
Of course it would be awful if the UK electorate were able to see her at her
best.
good, a waste of good TV time

tim
Vidcapper
2017-04-20 07:33:52 UTC
Post by Judith
I see that the bitch has chickened out of taking part.
Good - I have some paint I'd prefer watching dry...
Paul Hyett, Cheltenham
Yellow
2017-04-20 12:44:43 UTC
In article <IvZJA.498550$***@fx14.am4>, ***@yahoo.co.uk
says...
Post by Vidcapper
Post by Judith
I see that the bitch has chickened out of taking part.
Good - I have some paint I'd prefer watching dry...
They were saying on yesterday's The Daily Politics about how popular
leader's debates are now, world wide, and how high their viewing figures
are - even beating televised sporting events.
JNugent
2017-04-24 15:06:45 UTC
Post by Judith
I see that the bitch has chickened out of taking part.
No, Krankie has stated she WILL be there.

---
http://www.avg.com