May doing deals ...
2017-04-20 12:16:10 UTC
I just saw this in the Times:

"Theresa May is being forced into a concession over migrant targets as part
of the price for calling a snap poll"

I didn't manage to see the rest:(

I wonder what else she will give up:(
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
tim...
2017-04-20 12:24:32 UTC
Post by Ophelia
"Theresa May is being forced into a concession over migrant targets as part
of the price for calling a snap poll"
It's newspaper hyperbole

The argument is simply the one about whether students should be included in
the target or not

For some reason, that no-one can fathom. May is the only person in the
universe who thinks that they should be.

2017-04-20 12:42:43 UTC
Post by Ophelia
"Theresa May is being forced into a concession over migrant targets as part
of the price for calling a snap poll"
It's newspaper hyperbole
The argument is simply the one about whether students should be included in
the target or not
For some reason, that no-one can fathom. May is the only person in the
universe who thinks that they should be.
Maybe she was holding it back so she could then use it as a concession?
Just a thought as it seems mad to me too.
Ophelia

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
JNugent
2017-04-21 00:17:51 UTC
Post by Ophelia
"Theresa May is being forced into a concession over migrant targets as part
of the price for calling a snap poll"
It's newspaper hyperbole
The argument is simply the one about whether students should be included
in the target or not
For some reason, that no-one can fathom. May is the only person in the
universe who thinks that they should be.
That has to depend on whether they go home after their course is finished.

They certainly don't all go home.

http://www.avg.com
Yellow
2017-04-21 00:29:49 UTC
In article <***@mid.individual.net>, ***@fastmail.fm
says...
Post by JNugent
Post by tim...
Post by Ophelia
"Theresa May is being forced into a concession over migrant targets as part
of the price for calling a snap poll"
It's newspaper hyperbole
The argument is simply the one about whether students should be included
in the target or not
For some reason, that no-one can fathom. May is the only person in the
universe who thinks that they should be.
That has to depend on whether they go home after their course is finished.
They certainly don't all go home.
At which point they cease to be on the "number of students" list and
transfer over onto the "number of immigrants" list.
Norman Wells
2017-04-21 07:44:52 UTC
says...
Post by JNugent
Post by tim...
Post by Ophelia
"Theresa May is being forced into a concession over migrant targets as
part of the price for calling a snap poll"
It's newspaper hyperbole
The argument is simply the one about whether students should be included
in the target or not
For some reason, that no-one can fathom. May is the only person in the
universe who thinks that they should be.
That has to depend on whether they go home after their course is finished.
They certainly don't all go home.
At which point they cease to be on the "number of students" list and
transfer over onto the "number of immigrants" list.
Actually they then become illegal immigrants. And we don't know the
number of them for obvious reasons.
Yellow
2017-04-21 11:59:11 UTC
Post by Norman Wells
Post by Yellow
says...
Post by JNugent
Post by tim...
Post by Ophelia
"Theresa May is being forced into a concession over migrant targets as
part of the price for calling a snap poll"
It's newspaper hyperbole
The argument is simply the one about whether students should be included
in the target or not
For some reason, that no-one can fathom. May is the only person in the
universe who thinks that they should be.
That has to depend on whether they go home after their course is finished.
They certainly don't all go home.
At which point they cease to be on the "number of students" list and
transfer over onto the "number of immigrants" list.
Actually they then become illegal immigrants. And we don't know the
number of them for obvious reasons.
I was assuming they would get a work visa but yes, fair comment, I guess
that is what sometimes happens.
tim...
2017-04-21 12:15:45 UTC
Post by Norman Wells
Post by Yellow
says...
Post by JNugent
Post by tim...
Post by Ophelia
"Theresa May is being forced into a concession over migrant targets as
part of the price for calling a snap poll"
It's newspaper hyperbole
The argument is simply the one about whether students should be included
in the target or not
For some reason, that no-one can fathom. May is the only person in the
universe who thinks that they should be.
That has to depend on whether they go home after their course is finished.
They certainly don't all go home.
At which point they cease to be on the "number of students" list and
transfer over onto the "number of immigrants" list.
Actually they then become illegal immigrants. And we don't know the
number of them for obvious reasons.
I was assuming they would get a work visa but yes, fair comment, I guess
that is what sometimes happens.
some transfer over to working using "graduate" level visas (whatever the new
name is)

others just stay on as burger flippers (hoping to move into the above
category)

tim

JNugent
2017-04-21 11:47:21 UTC
says...
Post by JNugent
Post by tim...
Post by Ophelia
"Theresa May is being forced into a concession over migrant targets as part
of the price for calling a snap poll"
It's newspaper hyperbole
The argument is simply the one about whether students should be included
in the target or not
For some reason, that no-one can fathom. May is the only person in the
universe who thinks that they should be.
That has to depend on whether they go home after their course is finished.
They certainly don't all go home.
At which point they cease to be on the "number of students" list and
transfer over onto the "number of immigrants" list.
That's just a question of semantics and timing.

The American and Canadian ones usually go home. The Nigerian ones far
less often. Perhaps it should be done on the basis of country of origin.

http://www.avg.com
Yellow
2017-04-20 12:29:29 UTC
In article <***@mid.individual.net>, ***@gmail.com
says...
Post by Ophelia
"Theresa May is being forced into a concession over migrant targets as part
of the price for calling a snap poll"
I didn't manage to see the rest:(
I wonder what else she will give up:(
Migrant targets just don't sit well with me as I think people should be
allowed to come in on their merits.

A friend was saying to me yesterday that he is worried she is going for
a "softer" Brexit. Myself, I still think it is largely irrelevant
because I don't see that the EU are going to agree to a soft anything
without us paying huge sums and allowing free movement - and that is
unlikely to be acceptable to the public.
burfordTjustice
2017-04-20 13:25:59 UTC
On Thu, 20 Apr 2017 13:29:29 +0100
Post by Yellow
Migrant targets just don't sit well with me as I think people should
be allowed to come in on their merits.
So how many "migrants" have you taken into your home
to feed, house,medical care and support with your own funds?

None?

So you want others to carry the watter but
you are not willing to lead by example...typical.
Yellow
2017-04-20 17:06:30 UTC
Post by Yellow
Migrant targets just don't sit well with me as I think people should
be allowed to come in on their merits.
So how many "migrants" have you taken into your home
to feed, house,medical care and support with your own funds?
You seem to be confusing "migrant" with "refugee".
Basil Jet
2017-04-20 15:12:06 UTC
Post by Ophelia
"Theresa May is being forced into a concession over migrant targets as part
of the price for calling a snap poll"
What's the point of drawing targets on the migrants when we're not
allowed to shoot them anyway?