Petition to leave the EU immediately
2018-01-10 05:32:56 UTC
Remember this?

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/200165

"Parliament will debate this petition on 22 January 2018."
The Todal
2018-01-10 08:42:51 UTC
On 10/01/2018 05:32, Yellow wrote:
> Remember this?
>
> https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/200165
>
> "Parliament will debate this petition on 22 January 2018."

To remind everyone:

"The Government should walk away from the Article 50 negotiations and
leave the EU immediately with no deal. The EU looks set to offer us a
punishment deal out of spite. Why wait another 18 months when we could
leave right away and fully take back control of our country, lawmaking
powers and borders?"

Those who voted for the proposition have no knowledge of how
negotiations are actually going. They are making sweeping assumptions
about the motives and intentions of the EU negotiators and about the
effect of leaving with no deal.

Presumably Parliament will discuss the reasons why the proposed tactic
is foolish and damaging. But wouldn't it be better to have the
discussion before, rather than after, people vote on this proposition?

I think people will only have voted for it if one or more of the
politicians or newspaper pundits - the ones they like and trust - has
recommended it in some column or other in the national press.
James Wilkinson Sword
2018-01-10 12:56:07 UTC
On Wed, 10 Jan 2018 08:42:51 -0000, The Todal <***@icloud.com> wrote:

> On 10/01/2018 05:32, Yellow wrote:
>> Remember this?
>>
>> https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/200165
>>
>> "Parliament will debate this petition on 22 January 2018."
>>

> To remind everyone:
>
> "The Government should walk away from the Article 50 negotiations and
> leave the EU immediately with no deal. The EU looks set to offer us a
> punishment deal out of spite. Why wait another 18 months when we could
> leave right away and fully take back control of our country, lawmaking
> powers and borders?"
>
> Those who voted for the proposition have no knowledge of how
> negotiations are actually going. They are making sweeping assumptions
> about the motives and intentions of the EU negotiators and about the
> effect of leaving with no deal.
>
> Presumably Parliament will discuss the reasons why the proposed tactic
> is foolish and damaging. But wouldn't it be better to have the
> discussion before, rather than after, people vote on this proposition?
>
> I think people will only have voted for it if one or more of the
> politicians or newspaper pundits - the ones they like and trust - has
> recommended it in some column or other in the national press.

We all know what the EU is, we all know what harm it's done. We all know how controlling it is. We all know how much it costs. No sane person would want to stay longer than necessary.

--
The Post Office just recalled their latest stamps. They had pictures
of lawyers on them, and people couldn't figure out which side to spit
on.
The Peeler
2018-01-10 20:41:39 UTC
On Wed, 10 Jan 2018 12:56:07 -0000, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

> We all know what the EU is, we all know what harm it's done. We all know
> how controlling it is. We all know how much it costs. No sane person
> would want to stay longer than necessary.

"We all", that includes all Brits and all people in the EU, think you are a
sick asshole, Birdbrain!

--
AndyW addressing Birdbrain:
"Troll or idiot?...

--
Phil Lee adressing Birdbrain Macaw:
"You are too stupid to be wasting oxygen."

Phil Lee describing Birdbrain Macaw:
"I've never seen such misplaced pride in being a fucking moronic motorist."

Tony944 addressing Birdbrain Macaw:
"I seen and heard many people but you are on top of list being first class
ass hole jerk. ...You fit under unconditional Idiot and should be put in
mental institution.
MID: <VLCdnYC5HK1Z4S3FnZ2dnUU7-***@giganews.com>

--
Pelican to Birdbrain Macaw:
"Ok. I'm persuaded . You are an idiot."

--
DerbyDad03 addressing Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"Frigging Idiot. Get the hell out of my thread."

--
Kerr Mudd-John about Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"It's like arguing with a demented frog."

--
Mr Pounder Esquire about Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"the piss poor delivery boy with no hot running water, 11 cats and

--
Rob Morley about Birdbrain:
"He's a perennial idiot"

--
JoeyDee to Birdbrain
"I apologize for thinking you were a jerk. You're just someone with an IQ

--
Sam Plusnet about Birdbrain (now "James Wilkinson Sword" LOL):
"He's just desperate to be noticed. Any attention will do, no matter how

--
***@gmail.com asking Birdbrain:
"What, were you dropped on your head as a child?"

--
Christie addressing endlessly driveling Birdbrain Macaw (now "James
Wilkinson" LOL):
MID: <***@news.eternal-september.org>

--
Mr Pounder's fitting description of Birdbrain Macaw:
"You are a well known fool, a tosser, a pillock, a stupid unemployable

--
Richard to pathetic wanker Hucker:
"You haven't bred?

--
***@snyder.on.ca about Birdbrain (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
""not the sharpest knife in the drawer"'s parents sure made a serious

Mr Pounder exposing sociopathic Birdbrain:
"You will always be a lonely sociopath living in a shithole with no hot
running water with loads of stinking cats and a few parrots."
MID: <os5m1i$8m1$***@dont-email.me>

--
francis about Birdbrain (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"He seems to have a reputation as someone of limited intelligence"

--
Peter Moylan about Birdbrain (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"If people like JWS didn't exist, we would have to find some other way to
MID: <otofc8$tbg$***@dont-email.me>
Ophelia
2018-01-10 10:24:52 UTC
"Yellow" wrote in message

Remember this?

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/200165

"Parliament will debate this petition on 22 January 2018."

==

I do, I just got it too. How do you think it will go ... if there is any
doubt:))
Mike Swift
2018-01-10 12:01:08 UTC
In article <***@mid.individual.net>, Ophelia
<***@elsinore.me.uk> writes
>"Yellow" wrote in message news:***@News.In
>dividual.NET...
>
>Remember this?
>
>https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/200165
>
>"Parliament will debate this petition on 22 January 2018."
>
>==
>
>I do, I just got it too. How do you think it will go ... if there is any doubt:))

Badly seeing as the useless cow is packing her new cabinet with
Remoaners.

Mike

Yorkshire Halvard Lange
Ophelia
2018-01-10 14:59:44 UTC

I can't disagree:(
tim...
2018-01-10 16:17:20 UTC
"Mike Swift" <***@yeton.co.uk> wrote in message
> In article <***@mid.individual.net>, Ophelia
> <***@elsinore.me.uk> writes
>>"Yellow" wrote in message news:***@News.In
>>dividual.NET...
>>
>>Remember this?
>>
>>https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/200165
>>
>>"Parliament will debate this petition on 22 January 2018."
>>
>>==
>>
>>I do, I just got it too. How do you think it will go ... if there is any
>>doubt:))
>

> Badly seeing as the useless cow is packing her new cabinet with Remoaners.

from the pov of the petitioner theses things always go badly, as if the
government wanted to do them they would be policy already

2018-01-10 18:44:44 UTC
On 10/01/2018 16:17, tim... wrote:

> "Mike Swift" <***@yeton.co.uk> wrote in message
>> In article <***@mid.individual.net>, Ophelia
>> <***@elsinore.me.uk> writes
>>> "Yellow"  wrote in message news:***@News.In
>>> dividual.NET...
>>>
>>> Remember this?
>>>
>>> https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/200165
>>>
>>> "Parliament will debate this petition on 22 January 2018."
>>>
>>> ==
>>>
>>> I do, I just got it too.  How do you think it will go ... if there is
>>> any doubt:))
>>

>> Badly seeing as the useless cow is packing her new cabinet with
>> Remoaners.
>
> from the pov of the petitioner theses things always go badly, as if the
> government wanted to do them they would be policy already

Maybe here's why the government doesn't want a no-deal Brexit. And
doesn't want to take advice from the moronic fuckwit who launched that
silly petition.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jan/10/uk-aid-firms-may-lose-millions-in-eu-funding-if-no-brexit-deal-agreed

UK companies working in fields from development to aviation and haulage
are being warned that the EU will shut down their ability to operate
across Europe and block funding streams from Brussels in the event of a
“no deal” Brexit.

In a stark reminder of the high stakes in the negotiations, the European
commission has drawn up a series of documents in which it seeks to
communicate directly with UK businesses and charities about the damaging
consequences of failure to reach an agreement on the terms of withdrawal.

Across a wide range of sectors, the EU makes clear that unless a deal is
agreed by October, in time for ratification by the European parliament
and the House of Commons before the UK leaves the bloc in March 2019,
the status quo will come to an abrupt end. Ambassadors and officials
from the 27 EU member states are meeting on Thursday to further discuss
their “preparedness” for a cliff edge Brexit, it is understood.
tim...
2018-01-10 22:28:20 UTC
"The Todal" <***@icloud.com> wrote in message
> On 10/01/2018 16:17, tim... wrote:
>>

>> "Mike Swift" <***@yeton.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> In article <***@mid.individual.net>, Ophelia
>>> <***@elsinore.me.uk> writes

>>> Badly seeing as the useless cow is packing her new cabinet with
>>> Remoaners.
>>
>> from the pov of the petitioner theses things always go badly, as if the
>> government wanted to do them they would be policy already
>>

> Maybe here's why the government doesn't want a no-deal Brexit. And doesn't
> want to take advice from the moronic fuckwit who launched that silly
> petition.

I don't believe that there is now any chances of a "no deal"

but there is still the possibility of a deal with reversion to WTO rules for
trade

I think it is this latter result that the commentators are now dubbing "no
deal"

> https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jan/10/uk-aid-firms-may-lose-millions-in-eu-funding-if-no-brexit-deal-agreed
>
> UK companies working in fields from development to aviation and haulage
> are being warned that the EU will shut down their ability to operate
> across Europe

then they would have to shut down the ability for every non-EU country to
operate across Europe. They can't just have a rule for the Brits. Not
gonna happen, is it.

> and block funding streams from Brussels in the event of a “no deal”
> Brexit.

That's to be expected. Where does this money that the EU grudgingly give us
come from? Oh It's our own money that we gave then given back. If is
likely that if our institutions are to continue to be members of some EU
special interest club, it will come with a membership fee equal to the
amount that they give back.

There is nothing to see here. (except the, as usual, far better spin that
the EU manage to do)

2018-01-11 08:11:16 UTC

:)
James Wilkinson Sword
2018-01-10 22:36:10 UTC
On Wed, 10 Jan 2018 18:44:44 -0000, The Todal <***@icloud.com> wro=
te:

> On 10/01/2018 16:17, tim... wrote:
>>

>> "Mike Swift" <***@yeton.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> In article <***@mid.individual.net>, Ophelia
>>> <***@elsinore.me.uk> writes

>>> Badly seeing as the useless cow is packing her new cabinet with
>>> Remoaners.
>>
>> from the pov of the petitioner theses things always go badly, as if t=
he
>> government wanted to do them they would be policy already
>>

> Maybe here's why the government doesn't want a no-deal Brexit. And
> doesn't want to take advice from the moronic fuckwit who launched that=

> silly petition.
>
> https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jan/10/uk-aid-firms-may-lose=
-millions-in-eu-funding-if-no-brexit-deal-agreed

> UK companies working in fields from development to aviation and haulag=
> are being warned that the EU will shut down their ability to operate
> across Europe and block funding streams from Brussels in the event of =
> =E2=80=9Cno deal=E2=80=9D Brexit.

I'd call that an act of war. The EU is being petty and childish and del=
iberately harming UK business. Can't we stand up to them?

> In a stark reminder of the high stakes in the negotiations, the Europe=
an
> commission has drawn up a series of documents in which it seeks to
> communicate directly with UK businesses and charities about the damagi=
ng
> consequences of failure to reach an agreement on the terms of withdraw=
al.

> Across a wide range of sectors, the EU makes clear that unless a deal =
is
> agreed by October, in time for ratification by the European parliament=

> and the House of Commons before the UK leaves the bloc in March 2019,
> the status quo will come to an abrupt end. Ambassadors and officials
> from the 27 EU member states are meeting on Thursday to further discus=
> their =E2=80=9Cpreparedness=E2=80=9D for a cliff edge Brexit, it is un=
derstood.

-- =

A minister gave a talk to the Lions Club on sex. When he got home, he co=
uldn't tell his wife that he had spoken on sex, so he said he had discus=
sed horseback riding with the members.
A few days later, she ran into some men at the shopping center and they =
complimented her on the speech her husband had made.
She said, "Yes, I heard. I was surprised about the subject matter, as he=
's only tried it twice. The first time he got so sore he could hardly wa=
lk, and the second time he fell off."
James Wilkinson Sword
2018-01-10 22:35:03 UTC
On Wed, 10 Jan 2018 16:17:20 -0000, tim... <***@yahoo.com> wrote:

> "Mike Swift" <***@yeton.co.uk> wrote in message
>> In article <***@mid.individual.net>, Ophelia
>> <***@elsinore.me.uk> writes
>>> "Yellow" wrote in message news:***@News.In
>>> dividual.NET...
>>>
>>> Remember this?
>>>
>>> https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/200165
>>>
>>> "Parliament will debate this petition on 22 January 2018."
>>>
>>> ==
>>>
>>> I do, I just got it too. How do you think it will go ... if there is any
>>> doubt:))
>>

>> Badly seeing as the useless cow is packing her new cabinet with Remoaners.
>
> from the pov of the petitioner theses things always go badly, as if the
> government wanted to do them they would be policy already

There's no point in signing any petition to the government, I've watched them discuss them, and every single time they just dismiss them anyway.

Lemon entry my dear Watson.
Yellow
2018-01-10 21:48:07 UTC
On Wed, 10 Jan 2018 12:01:08 +0000, Mike Swift <***@yeton.co.uk>
wrote:

> In article <***@mid.individual.net>, Ophelia
> <***@elsinore.me.uk> writes
> >"Yellow" wrote in message news:***@News.In
> >dividual.NET...
> >
> >Remember this?
> >
> >https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/200165
> >
> >"Parliament will debate this petition on 22 January 2018."
> >
> >==
> >
> >I do, I just got it too. How do you think it will go ... if there is any doubt:))
>

> Badly seeing as the useless cow is packing her new cabinet with
> Remoaners.

There is logic to that tactic perhaps because they will not be able to
vote against the government without losing their cabinet positions.
James Harris
2018-01-10 19:20:49 UTC
On 10/01/2018 05:32, Yellow wrote:
> Remember this?
>
> https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/200165
>
> "Parliament will debate this petition on 22 January 2018."

I wonder why. The value of the petition was largely symbolic, IMO. But
not worthless. It reminds the government that we are here. :-)

James Harris
Ophelia
2018-01-10 20:04:22 UTC

Very true! I hadn't thought of that:))
Yellow
2018-01-10 21:50:08 UTC
On Wed, 10 Jan 2018 19:20:49 +0000, James Harris <james.harris.1
@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/01/2018 05:32, Yellow wrote:
> > Remember this?
> >
> > https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/200165
> >
> > "Parliament will debate this petition on 22 January 2018."
>
> I wonder why. The value of the petition was largely symbolic, IMO. But
> not worthless. It reminds the government that we are here. :-)

Not sure what day of the week the 22nd is, but it will be interesting to
watch on the Parliament channel if I am home.
kat
2018-01-11 00:31:22 UTC
On 10/01/2018 21:50, Yellow wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Jan 2018 19:20:49 +0000, James Harris <james.harris.1
> @gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 10/01/2018 05:32, Yellow wrote:
>>> Remember this?
>>>
>>> https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/200165
>>>
>>> "Parliament will debate this petition on 22 January 2018."
>>
>> I wonder why. The value of the petition was largely symbolic, IMO. But
>> not worthless. It reminds the government that we are here. :-)
>
> Not sure what day of the week the 22nd is, but it will be interesting to
> watch on the Parliament channel if I am home.

It's a Monday.

--
kat
Yellow
2018-01-11 04:12:30 UTC

Thanks.
Ophelia
2018-01-11 08:02:22 UTC

@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/01/2018 05:32, Yellow wrote:
> > Remember this?
> >
> > https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/200165
> >
> > "Parliament will debate this petition on 22 January 2018."
>
> I wonder why. The value of the petition was largely symbolic, IMO. But
> not worthless. It reminds the government that we are here. :-)

Not sure what day of the week the 22nd is, but it will be interesting to
watch on the Parliament channel if I am home.

==

We will be sent a full transcript after anyway, so we won't miss anything if
we can't see it.
Yellow
2018-01-11 14:08:47 UTC

Oh that's good.
James Wilkinson Sword
2018-01-10 22:36:51 UTC
On Wed, 10 Jan 2018 19:20:49 -0000, James Harris <***@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/01/2018 05:32, Yellow wrote:
>> Remember this?
>>
>> https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/200165
>>
>> "Parliament will debate this petition on 22 January 2018."
>
> I wonder why. The value of the petition was largely symbolic, IMO. But
> not worthless. It reminds the government that we are here. :-)

They will ignore it like they ignore every petition.

--
The state of Texas has executed yet another inmate. But Unforeseen legal issues have arisen. The state has killed so many people this year, it must now register as a tobacco company.

Database (slave) 0.002301 s
44.2031 kB
Benchmark Min Max Average Total
SELECT `lang` FROM `newsgroup` WHERE `newsgroup_url` = 'uk.legal' (4)
0.000107 s
0.000229 s
0.000145 s
0.000579 s
2.2344 kB
2.3672 kB
2.2676 kB
9.0703 kB
SELECT `code`, `name` FROM `lang` WHERE `code` = 'en' (3)
0.000093 s
0.000116 s
0.000103 s
0.000309 s
2.4141 kB
2.4141 kB
2.4141 kB
7.2422 kB
SELECT * FROM `lang` WHERE `code` = 'en' (1)
0.000142 s
0.000142 s
0.000142 s
0.000142 s
12.5313 kB
12.5313 kB
12.5313 kB
12.5313 kB
SELECT * FROM `thread` WHERE `hash` = 'wqN5rkea' (1)
0.000193 s
0.000193 s
0.000193 s
0.000193 s
4.2500 kB
4.2500 kB
4.2500 kB
4.2500 kB
SELECT * FROM `newsgroup` WHERE `newsgroup_id` = '28820' (1)
0.000159 s
0.000159 s
0.000159 s
0.000159 s
5.8047 kB
5.8047 kB
5.8047 kB
5.8047 kB
SELECT * FROM `temp_simthread` WHERE `hash` = 'wqN5rkea' (1)
0.000485 s
0.000485 s
0.000485 s
0.000485 s
2.6563 kB
2.6563 kB
2.6563 kB
2.6563 kB
SELECT text_res, img_res, manual FROM porndetect WHERE hash = 'wqN5rkea' AND page = 1 (1)
0.000434 s
0.000434 s
0.000434 s
0.000434 s
2.6484 kB
2.6484 kB
2.6484 kB
2.6484 kB
Kohana 0.003736 s
88.1797 kB
Benchmark Min Max Average Total
find_file (142)
0.000001 s
0.000114 s
0.000026 s
0.003736 s
0.5234 kB
2.1563 kB
0.6210 kB
88.1797 kB
Requests 0.031676 s
819.2813 kB
Benchmark Min Max Average Total
"wqN5rkea/petition-to-leave-the-eu-immediately" (1)
0.032462 s
0.032462 s
0.032462 s
0.032462 s
847.2891 kB
847.2891 kB
847.2891 kB
847.2891 kB
Thread controller 0.000514 s
28.3906 kB
Benchmark Min Max Average Total
Init (1)
0.000514 s
0.000514 s
0.000514 s
0.000514 s
28.3906 kB
28.3906 kB
28.3906 kB
28.3906 kB
Thread parsing 0.018374 s
331.8672 kB
Benchmark Min Max Average Total
Other (3)
0.000010 s
0.005643 s
0.002541 s
0.007622 s
0.3672 kB
141.7266 kB
65.2292 kB
195.6875 kB
PHP Post Parsing (1)
0.004398 s
0.004398 s
0.004398 s
0.004398 s
111.2344 kB
111.2344 kB
111.2344 kB
111.2344 kB
C++ Post Parsing (1)
0.006032 s
0.006032 s
0.006032 s
0.006032 s
2.3672 kB
2.3672 kB
2.3672 kB
2.3672 kB
Three (1)
0.000322 s
0.000322 s
0.000322 s
0.000322 s
22.5781 kB
22.5781 kB
22.5781 kB
22.5781 kB
Load & uncompress 0.001750 s
49.2344 kB
Benchmark Min Max Average Total
load_thread (1)
0.001750 s
0.001750 s
0.001750 s
0.001750 s
49.2344 kB
49.2344 kB
49.2344 kB
49.2344 kB
Application Execution (255) 0.019699 s 0.120539 s 0.036135 s 0.038838 s
1,111.5000 kB 3,032.9453 kB 1,295.4596 kB 1,460.0938 kB