Ken Clarke (nominally on Brexit)
2018-06-13 14:51:16 UTC
Have you seen this guy in these debates?

I've watched him twice and both time he waffled on about nothing at all like
he was in "talking out a private member's bill" mode.

There's enough for the MPs to genuinely debate on this subject without this
idiotic time wasting.

Time for him to retire methinks.

tim
Jethro_uk
2018-06-13 15:17:04 UTC
Have you seen this guy in these debates?
I've watched him twice and both time he waffled on about nothing at all
like he was in "talking out a private member's bill" mode.
There's enough for the MPs to genuinely debate on this subject without
this idiotic time wasting.
Time for him to retire methinks.
tim
Is it not entirely possible that his circumlocutory skills may have
managed to achieve their desired aim of obfuscating the main body of
cogent discussion from those less equipped to comprehend their import ?
tim...
thank you Sir Humphrey
Jethro_uk
2018-06-13 20:26:18 UTC
Post by Jethro_uk
Post by tim...
Have you seen this guy in these debates?
I've watched him twice and both time he waffled on about nothing at
all like he was in "talking out a private member's bill" mode.
There's enough for the MPs to genuinely debate on this subject without
this idiotic time wasting.
Time for him to retire methinks.
tim
Is it not entirely possible that his circumlocutory skills may have
managed to achieve their desired aim of obfuscating the main body of
cogent discussion from those less equipped to comprehend their import ?
thank you Sir Humphrey
:)

Only just realised it didn't need any punctuation ... oh well, the legal
professions loss is ITs loss too ((c) Stewart Lee)
2018-06-13 20:58:58 UTC
Post by Jethro_uk
Post by tim...
Have you seen this guy in these debates?
I've watched him twice and both time he waffled on about nothing at all
like he was in "talking out a private member's bill" mode.
There's enough for the MPs to genuinely debate on this subject without
this idiotic time wasting.
Time for him to retire methinks.
tim
Is it not entirely possible that his circumlocutory skills may have
managed to achieve their desired aim of obfuscating the main body of
cogent discussion from those less equipped to comprehend their import ?
thank you Sir Humphrey
As far as we can see, looking at it by and large, taking one thing
with another in terms of the average of amendments, then in the final
analysis it is probably true to say, that at the end of the day, in
general terms, you would probably find that, not to put too fine a
point on it, there probably wasn't very much in it one way or the
other. As far as one can see, at this stage.

2018-06-13 21:22:29 UTC
On Wed, 13 Jun 2018 13:58:58 -0700, serbian bitch Razovic, the resident
thank you Sir Humphrey
As far as we can see, looking at it by and large, taking one thing
with another in terms of the average of amendments, then in the final
analysis it is probably true to say, that at the end of the day, in
general terms, you would probably find that, not to put too fine a
point on it, there probably wasn't very much in it one way or the
other. As far as one can see, at this stage.
As far as everyone can see, you are a fucked up psychotic idiot, dumb anal
Razovic!
"Assholes come
Assholes go
But the revd asshole goes on forever.
(and he speaks through it)"

Has been for a long time!
R. Mark Clayton
He is a Rt. Hon. and so gets priority from the speaker, and also "father of the house" IIRC, so other members tend to show some deference. OTOH one wonders if he will stand again.
tim...
2018-06-13 18:42:23 UTC
Have you seen this guy in these debates?
I've watched him twice and both time he waffled on about nothing at all like
he was in "talking out a private member's bill" mode.
There's enough for the MPs to genuinely debate on this subject without this
idiotic time wasting.
Time for him to retire methinks.
tim
He is a Rt. Hon.
yeah

so was Jeremy Thorpe

your point?
Post by R. Mark Clayton
and so gets priority from the speaker, and also "father of the house"
IIRC, so other members tend to show some deference.
Oh

2018-06-13 23:19:07 UTC
Have you seen this guy in these debates?
I've watched him twice and both time he waffled on about nothing at all like
he was in "talking out a private member's bill" mode.
There's enough for the MPs to genuinely debate on this subject without this
idiotic time wasting.
Time for him to retire methinks.
tim
He was on The Daily Politics the other week and was exactly as you
describe.