Yulia Skripal
Add Reply
Judith
2018-04-07 09:40:38 UTC
Does anyone know if the bill to paid by her to the NHS has been calculated yet?
tim...
2018-04-07 09:54:14 UTC
Post by Judith
Does anyone know if the bill to paid by her to the NHS has been calculated yet?
I was wondering that :-)

Though it could be that she falls into the "foreign visitor subject to
torture" (the most applicable one on the list) exemption

2018-04-07 11:23:47 UTC
Post by Judith
Does anyone know if the bill to paid by her to the NHS has been calculated yet?
I was wondering that :-)
Though it could be that she falls into the "foreign visitor subject to
torture" (the most applicable one on the list) exemption
Going off at a tangent, it's interesting that Putin was unable to kill
the Skripals, but he managed to kill their two guinea pigs and their
cat. It seems an awful lot of trouble to have gone to for that, but I
assume that some KGB agent now has carved three very, very small notches
in the grip of his pistol.
Fredxx
2018-04-07 19:34:41 UTC
Post by GB
Post by tim...
Post by Judith
Does anyone know if the bill to paid by her to the NHS has been calculated yet?
I was wondering that :-)
Though it could be that she falls into the "foreign visitor subject to
torture" (the most applicable one on the list) exemption
Going off at a tangent, it's interesting that Putin was unable to kill
the Skripals, but he managed to kill their two guinea pigs and their
cat. It seems an awful lot of trouble to have gone to for that, but I
assume that some KGB agent now has carved three very, very small notches
in the grip of his pistol.
The cat was put down and I assumed the guinea pigs died from starvation.

I'm not sure how that would affect the career of a KGB agent?
GB
2018-04-08 10:28:17 UTC
Post by Fredxx
Post by GB
Going off at a tangent, it's interesting that Putin was unable to kill
the Skripals, but he managed to kill their two guinea pigs and their
cat. It seems an awful lot of trouble to have gone to for that, but I
assume that some KGB agent now has carved three very, very small
notches in the grip of his pistol.
The cat was put down and I assumed the guinea pigs died from starvation.
I'm not sure how that would affect the career of a KGB agent?
It might not be very good for his career. He managed to poison a police
sergeant and around 30 civilians, whilst his intended victims have
recovered. He only actually managed to kill two guinea pigs and a cat.
Fredxx
2018-04-08 10:36:00 UTC
Post by GB
Post by Fredxx
Post by GB
Going off at a tangent, it's interesting that Putin was unable to
kill the Skripals, but he managed to kill their two guinea pigs and
their cat. It seems an awful lot of trouble to have gone to for that,
but I assume that some KGB agent now has carved three very, very
small notches in the grip of his pistol.
The cat was put down and I assumed the guinea pigs died from starvation.
I'm not sure how that would affect the career of a KGB agent?
It might not be very good for his career. He managed to poison a police
sergeant and around 30 civilians, whilst his intended victims have
recovered. He only actually managed to kill two guinea pigs and a cat.
The point I was making is, he didn't kill the cat, and we have no idea
what killed the guinea pigs. The most likely cause is starvation. All
deaths directly caused by UK action and inaction.

The cat was put down presumably to test the cat for nerve agent. The
fact we haven't heard anything suggests they didn't find anything sinister.

News items suggests the guinea pigs 'died' and were not killed by the UK
authorities, nor by any nerve agent.
Norman Wells
2018-04-08 11:34:37 UTC
Post by Fredxx
Post by GB
Post by Fredxx
Post by GB
Going off at a tangent, it's interesting that Putin was unable to
kill the Skripals, but he managed to kill their two guinea pigs and
their cat. It seems an awful lot of trouble to have gone to for
that, but I assume that some KGB agent now has carved three very,
very small notches in the grip of his pistol.
The cat was put down and I assumed the guinea pigs died from starvation.
I'm not sure how that would affect the career of a KGB agent?
It might not be very good for his career. He managed to poison a
police sergeant and around 30 civilians,
Did he? Where are the '30 civilians' mentioned?
Post by Fredxx
Post by GB
whilst his intended victims have recovered. He only actually managed to kill
two guinea pigs and a cat.
The point I was making is, he didn't kill the cat, and we have no idea
what killed the guinea pigs. The most likely cause is starvation.
Thirst actually.
Post by Fredxx
All deaths directly caused by UK action and inaction.
Or, sensibly, sealing off a potentially lethal crime scene, leaving the
guinea pigs and the cat, even if they were known about, to their fate
rather than risk further human fatalities.
Post by Fredxx
The cat was put down presumably to test the cat for nerve agent. The
fact we haven't heard anything suggests they didn't find anything sinister.
Maybe it wasn't in the habit of using the front door and closing it
behind it.
GB
2018-04-08 12:26:48 UTC
Post by Norman Wells
Or, sensibly, sealing off a potentially lethal crime scene, leaving the
guinea pigs and the cat, even if they were known about, to their fate
rather than risk further human fatalities.
Quite. Clearly, a more or less foreseeable result of the KGB agent's
actions. However, if you think he shouldn't take credit for the kills,
I'll certainly accept that it's debatable.

I'm pretty sure he'd prefer his record said: "March 2018: Launched nerve
agent attack on traitor. Three dead."
Nightjar
2018-04-09 08:34:40 UTC
Post by GB
It might not be very good for his career. He managed to poison a
police sergeant and around 30 civilians,
Did he?  Where are the '30 civilians' mentioned?...
The figure varies from at least 21 treated in hospital, to 50 assessed
for effects, to 130 thought to have been exposed.

Colin Bignell
Nightjar
2018-04-09 08:24:48 UTC
On 08-Apr-18 11:36 AM, Fredxx wrote:
Post by Fredxx
The cat was put down presumably to test the cat for nerve agent.
They didn't have to kill the Skripals to test them for nerve agent. The
cat was almost certainly put down because it was suffering.
Post by Fredxx
News items suggests the guinea pigs 'died' and were not killed by the UK
authorities, nor by any nerve agent.
You really trust reporters to get facts completely right?

Colin Bignell
Fredxx
2018-04-09 15:13:43 UTC
Post by Fredxx
News items suggests the guinea pigs 'died' and were not killed by the
UK authorities, nor by any nerve agent.
You really trust reporters to get facts completely right?
Since you haven't cited any source, yes, especially when the "guinea
pigs died" is mentioned in more than one report and nothing to suggest
they died from anything other than hunger.

For once the Russians are on the ball, and the UK authorities have
nothing to counter their questioning of how the guinea pigs died, apart
from 'neglect'.

Nightjar
2018-04-07 11:27:10 UTC
Post by Judith
Does anyone know if the bill to paid by her to the NHS has been calculated yet?
I was wondering that :-)
Though it could be that she falls into the "foreign visitor subject to
torture" (the most applicable one on the list) exemption
Assuming she doesn't have travel health insurance.

Colin Bignell
Jethro_uk
2018-04-07 15:10:21 UTC
Post by Judith
Does anyone know if the bill to paid by her to the NHS has been calculated yet?
I was wondering that :-)
Though it could be that she falls into the "foreign visitor subject to
torture" (the most applicable one on the list) exemption
tim
Maybe as a victim of crime (and the implicit failure of the UK to provide
a safe environment) maybe it's on us ?
tim...
2018-04-07 19:18:22 UTC
Post by Jethro_uk
Post by tim...
Post by Judith
Does anyone know if the bill to paid by her to the NHS has been calculated yet?
I was wondering that :-)
Though it could be that she falls into the "foreign visitor subject to
torture" (the most applicable one on the list) exemption
tim
Maybe as a victim of crime (and the implicit failure of the UK to provide
a safe environment) maybe it's on us ?
it's on us anyway, as even if she is legally required to pay it,
realistically she isn't going to be able to

tim
pamela
2018-04-08 09:59:54 UTC
Post by Jethro_uk
Post by tim...
Post by Judith
Does anyone know if the bill to paid by her to the NHS has been calculated yet?
I was wondering that :-)
Though it could be that she falls into the "foreign visitor
subject to torture" (the most applicable one on the list)
exemption
tim
Maybe as a victim of crime (and the implicit failure of the UK to
provide a safe environment) maybe it's on us ?
Maybe we picked up their healthcare costs as part of the spy swap
which got the Skripals here in the first place.

The father did spy for the UK, so maybe we are obliged to make good
any damages he incurred as a result.
Jethro_uk
2018-04-09 10:06:34 UTC
Post by Jethro_uk
Post by tim...
Post by Judith
Does anyone know if the bill to paid by her to the NHS has been calculated yet?
I was wondering that :-)
Though it could be that she falls into the "foreign visitor subject to
torture" (the most applicable one on the list) exemption
tim
Maybe as a victim of crime (and the implicit failure of the UK to
provide a safe environment) maybe it's on us ?
Maybe we picked up their healthcare costs as part of the spy swap which
got the Skripals here in the first place.
The father did spy for the UK, so maybe we are obliged to make good any
damages he incurred as a result.
Shame they weren't a bit more tanned. Then we could have kicked them to
the kerb like the Iraqis who risked their lives helping our troops.
pamela
2018-04-09 10:27:08 UTC
Post by Jethro_uk
Post by pamela
Post by Jethro_uk
Post by tim...
Post by Judith
Does anyone know if the bill to paid by her to the NHS has
been calculated yet?
I was wondering that :-)
Though it could be that she falls into the "foreign visitor
subject to torture" (the most applicable one on the list)
exemption
tim
Maybe as a victim of crime (and the implicit failure of the UK
to provide a safe environment) maybe it's on us ?
Maybe we picked up their healthcare costs as part of the spy swap
which got the Skripals here in the first place.
The father did spy for the UK, so maybe we are obliged to make
good any damages he incurred as a result.
Shame they weren't a bit more tanned. Then we could have kicked
them to the kerb like the Iraqis who risked their lives helping
our troops.
We should be ashamed. We currently let in extended families from
palces like the Indian subcontinent who themselves bring in a chain of
dubious relatives most of whom never develop any allegiance to this
country, while ignoring those from Iraq who risked their lives to
assist us and now live in peril.
R. Mark Clayton
2018-04-08 11:12:14 UTC
Post by Judith
Does anyone know if the bill to paid by her to the NHS has been calculated yet?
It was emergency treatment, which is not AFAIK chargeable.

In any event it might fall on the CICB.
The Todal
2018-04-08 12:01:56 UTC
Post by Judith
Does anyone know if the bill to paid by her to the NHS has been calculated yet?
It was emergency treatment, which is not AFAIK chargeable.
After a bit of googling I've come to the provisional conclusion that
emergency hospital treatment is free for all but that does not include
admission to hospital. So she may have to pay, and of course she might
have travel insurance that covers it.
Post by R. Mark Clayton
In any event it might fall on the CICB.
The CICA. And the process of putting in a claim and having it processed
would probably take months.
Nightjar
2018-04-08 15:47:23 UTC
Post by Judith
Does anyone know if the bill to paid by her to the NHS has been calculated yet?
It was emergency treatment, which is not AFAIK chargeable...
Treatment in A&E is not chargeable. However, if that results in an
overseas visitor being admitted as an inpatient, all subsequent
treatment is chargeable.

Colin Bignell