Aldi to open 70 new shops creating 4,000 new jobs
Add Reply
Bod
2017-09-25 14:05:43 UTC
Aldi will be opening 70 news shops across the UK next year, creating
4,000 jobs.

This will be followed by another 150 stores as part of a £300million
investment project, which is part of a plan to have 1,000 shops in the
UK by 2022.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/09/25/aldi-to-open-70-new-shops-creating-4000-new-jobs-6954192/
Bod
GB
2017-09-25 14:39:52 UTC
Post by Bod
Aldi will be opening 70 news shops across the UK next year, creating
4,000 jobs.
Do you really believe that, though? Other shops will close, and possibly
the net jobs effect will be negative.
R. Mark Clayton
2017-09-25 15:47:21 UTC
Post by Bod
This will be followed by another 150 stores as part of a £300million
investment project, which is part of a plan to have 1,000 shops in the
UK by 2022.
http://metro.co.uk/2017/09/25/aldi-to-open-70-new-shops-creating-4000-new-jobs-6954192/
They already have. Do you remember Morrisons rip off M-Local stores. I complained to the ASA and local trading standards about their misleading press adverts (offers in inches high yellow letters, exclusions in 9pt at the bottom). Well so bad was their business model and trading that they hived them off to My Local. It quickly went belly up
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Local
and would have thrown most of the TUPE'd staff on the dole had Morrisons not taken them back.
tim...
2017-09-26 12:25:01 UTC
Post by Bod
This will be followed by another 150 stores as part of a £300million
investment project, which is part of a plan to have 1,000 shops in the
UK by 2022.
http://metro.co.uk/2017/09/25/aldi-to-open-70-new-shops-creating-4000-new-jobs-6954192/
They already have.
they already have, what?

2017-09-25 15:46:54 UTC
Post by GB
Post by Bod
Aldi will be opening 70 news shops across the UK next year, creating
4,000 jobs.
Do you really believe that, though? Other shops will close, and possibly
the net jobs effect will be negative.
but more people's supermarket prices will be lower

I look forward to there being an Aldi/Lidl in my town - but it's too small

tim
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-09-25 16:11:58 UTC
Post by GB
Post by Bod
Aldi will be opening 70 news shops across the UK next year, creating
4,000 jobs.
Do you really believe that, though? Other shops will close, and possibly
the net jobs effect will be negative.
but more people's supermarket prices will be lower
I look forward to there being an Aldi/Lidl in my town - but it's too small
I have an Aldi, sure they have very cheap dairy, but everything else is similar prices to Asda etc, and Aldi's range is abysmal. Some things you just can't buy there, so using it as your only supermarket is useless.
--
The Red Cross just knocked on my door and asked if we could contribute towards the floods in Lebanon.
I said we'd love to, but our garden hose only reaches the driveway.
R. Mark Clayton
Two nuns called on me asking if I could give anything towards a new swimming pool at their orphanage, so I threw them down a bucket of water...
The Peeler
2017-09-25 17:22:50 UTC
On Mon, 25 Sep 2017 17:11:58 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),
Post by tim...
but more people's supermarket prices will be lower
I look forward to there being an Aldi/Lidl in my town - but it's too small
I have an Aldi,
...but no brains, Birdbrain!
--
More of Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) life as a wanker:
"When I was 14, there were places in forests where people would leave
MID: <***@red.lan>
Yellow
2017-09-25 21:29:59 UTC
Post by tim...
Post by GB
Post by Bod
Aldi will be opening 70 news shops across the UK next year, creating
4,000 jobs.
Do you really believe that, though? Other shops will close, and possibly
the net jobs effect will be negative.
but more people's supermarket prices will be lower
I look forward to there being an Aldi/Lidl in my town - but it's too small
I have an Aldi, sure they have very cheap dairy, but everything else is similar prices to Asda etc, and Aldi's range is abysmal. Some things you just can't buy there, so using it as your only supermarket is useless.
I unfortunately live quite a distance from the nearest Asda - in the
middle of 2 that are both over 10 miles way - so only go occasionally
for a change, but in my experience Asda is cheaper than Tesco and I find
some Tesco stuff cheaper than Lidl.

Lidl also have a smaller range of veg than Tesco and the other day I was
in Lidl and wanted a red or white cabbage and they do not stock either,
so I ended up back in Tesco.
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-09-25 21:43:48 UTC
Post by tim...
Post by GB
Post by Bod
Aldi will be opening 70 news shops across the UK next year, creating
4,000 jobs.
Do you really believe that, though? Other shops will close, and possibly
the net jobs effect will be negative.
but more people's supermarket prices will be lower
I look forward to there being an Aldi/Lidl in my town - but it's too small
I have an Aldi, sure they have very cheap dairy, but everything else is similar prices to Asda etc, and Aldi's range is abysmal. Some things you just can't buy there, so using it as your only supermarket is useless.
I unfortunately live quite a distance from the nearest Asda - in the
middle of 2 that are both over 10 miles way - so only go occasionally
for a change, but in my experience Asda is cheaper than Tesco and I find
some Tesco stuff cheaper than Lidl.
The good thing about Asda is they don't try to force fucking clubcards down your throat. For crying out loud Tesco/Morrisons, just make the price lower in the first place instead of wasting customer and staff time pissing about with vouchers.
Post by Yellow
Lidl also have a smaller range of veg than Tesco and the other day I was
in Lidl and wanted a red or white cabbage and they do not stock either,
so I ended up back in Tesco.
I'm surprised in the 21st century there isn't a supermarket which sells every food.
Women are like dog shit, the older they get the easier they are to pick up.
Yellow
2017-09-25 21:57:33 UTC
Post by tim...
Post by Yellow
Lidl also have a smaller range of veg than Tesco and the other day I was
in Lidl and wanted a red or white cabbage and they do not stock either,
so I ended up back in Tesco.
I'm surprised in the 21st century there isn't a supermarket which sells every food.
Tesco's have been reducing their range quite drastically. I had noticed
this, with some of their cheaper own brand products disappearing, and it
was confirmed by the BBC1 TV show about supermarkets that was on a month
or two back.

Apparently Aldi and Lidl stock say 10,000 products, while Tesco stock
say 50,000, and that is in part why Aldi and Lidl are more profitable,
so Tesco were reducing by 10,000 or more in order to compete.
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-09-26 00:42:52 UTC
Post by tim...
Post by Yellow
Lidl also have a smaller range of veg than Tesco and the other day I was
in Lidl and wanted a red or white cabbage and they do not stock either,
so I ended up back in Tesco.
I'm surprised in the 21st century there isn't a supermarket which sells every food.
Tesco's have been reducing their range quite drastically. I had noticed
this, with some of their cheaper own brand products disappearing, and it
was confirmed by the BBC1 TV show about supermarkets that was on a month
or two back.
Yes I've noticed a few cheap things vanish, like the apple pies in all the supermarkets, now you can only but the stupidly expensive Kipling stuff that tastes precisely the same.
Post by Yellow
Apparently Aldi and Lidl stock say 10,000 products, while Tesco stock
say 50,000, and that is in part why Aldi and Lidl are more profitable,
so Tesco were reducing by 10,000 or more in order to compete.
What annoys me about Aldi is they double up products. A crate on a shelf will contain 50% of one flavour and 50% of another. If 80% of people prefer one flavour, it always runs out first.
--
Why is there no Disneyland in China?
No one's tall enough to go on the good rides.
Yellow
2017-09-26 01:57:40 UTC
Post by Yellow
Tesco's have been reducing their range quite drastically. I had noticed
this, with some of their cheaper own brand products disappearing, and it
was confirmed by the BBC1 TV show about supermarkets that was on a month
or two back.
Yes I've noticed a few cheap things vanish, like the apple pies in all the supermarkets, now you can only but the stupidly expensive Kipling stuff that tastes precisely the same.
It is funny you mention apple pies because my ASDA shopping friend was
only saying the other day that the smart price ones he used to buy in
their have vanished so he gets then in Lidl now.

Repeating that makes it sound like we have very sad conversations.....
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-09-26 17:02:52 UTC
Post by Yellow
Tesco's have been reducing their range quite drastically. I had noticed
this, with some of their cheaper own brand products disappearing, and it
was confirmed by the BBC1 TV show about supermarkets that was on a month
or two back.
Yes I've noticed a few cheap things vanish, like the apple pies in all the supermarkets, now you can only but the stupidly expensive Kipling stuff that tastes precisely the same.
It is funny you mention apple pies because my ASDA shopping friend was
only saying the other day that the smart price ones he used to buy in
their have vanished so he gets then in Lidl now.
Repeating that makes it sound like we have very sad conversations.....
No worse than talking about the weather.
I don't care what they say, I don't think "phone sex" is any fun at all, unless you happen to be in the same booth with her.
The Peeler
2017-09-26 17:33:11 UTC
On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 18:02:52 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),
Post by Yellow
Repeating that makes it sound like we have very sad conversations.....
No worse than talking about the weather.
MUCH MUCH worse ...any time you filthy wanker are involved!
--
More from Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) strange sociopathic
world:
MID: <***@red.lan>
Christie
2017-09-26 09:23:23 UTC
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
What annoys me about Aldi is they double up products. A crate on a shelf will contain
50% of one flavour and 50% of another. If 80% of people prefer one flavour, it always runs out first.
They do that with their bottled water - still and sparkling.

I only want sparkling (green cap) but they sell out first leaving
loads of still bottles (blue cap) left on the palette. This top
palette (empty of sparkling water bottles) rests on a new full palette
of mixed bottled waters underneath but I can't lift up the top palette
to get at the bottles underneath it because of the weight of all the
damn still water bottles left behind weighing down the top palette.

It's so annoying!
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-09-26 16:22:24 UTC
Post by Christie
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
What annoys me about Aldi is they double up products. A crate on a shelf will contain
50% of one flavour and 50% of another. If 80% of people prefer one flavour, it always runs out first.
They do that with their bottled water - still and sparkling.
I only want sparkling (green cap) but they sell out first leaving
loads of still bottles (blue cap) left on the palette. This top
palette (empty of sparkling water bottles) rests on a new full palette
of mixed bottled waters underneath but I can't lift up the top palette
to get at the bottles underneath it because of the weight of all the
damn still water bottles left behind weighing down the top palette.
It's so annoying!
Same here with pop bottles, but I just lift the palette, they're not that heavy, they contain about 50 2kg bottles when full, and the top one is usually about half full since all the ones I want have been taken. So I only have to lift one end of a 50kg weight.
--
If an alien presented you with a piece of technology that could end all disease and famine throughout the entire planet, what would you do?
1) Present it to the President of the United States of America.
3) Take it to pieces.
The Peeler
2017-09-26 17:33:55 UTC
On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 17:22:24 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

<FLUSH all the idiotic DRIVEL>
--
More details from Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) sociopathic
"life":
MID: <***@red.lan>
tim...
2017-09-26 12:37:45 UTC
Post by Christie
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
What annoys me about Aldi is they double up products. A crate on a shelf will contain
50% of one flavour and 50% of another. If 80% of people prefer one
flavour, it always runs out first.
They do that with their bottled water - still and sparkling.
I only want sparkling (green cap) but they sell out first leaving
loads of still bottles (blue cap) left on the palette. This top
palette (empty of sparkling water bottles) rests on a new full palette
of mixed bottled waters underneath but I can't lift up the top palette
to get at the bottles underneath it because of the weight of all the
damn still water bottles left behind weighing down the top palette.
It's so annoying!
you can ask someone to help, you know. It isn't forbidden

2017-09-26 10:17:27 UTC
On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 01:42:52 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
What annoys me about Aldi
Guess whether anyone gives a shit, driveling idiot!
--
More from Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) strange sociopathic
world:
"I go hillwalking barefoot for hours in the snow, my feet just go red.
Extra blood, they can't freeze."
MID: <***@red.lan>
MM
2017-09-26 11:41:27 UTC
On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 01:42:52 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
What annoys me about Aldi is they double up products. A crate on a shelf will contain 50% of one flavour and 50% of another. If 80% of people prefer one flavour, it always runs out first.
If it's not perishable, buy two or three packs. I do that with Aldi
cheese twists, for example. Sometimes only the herb flavour is
available, but more customers prefer the cheese one, so they disappear
quickly.

I do the same for flavoured sparkling water (don't like peach, for
example), tea bags, chocolate, and now butter as it's expensive, even
in Aldi.

MM

http://www.avg.com
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-09-26 15:56:55 UTC
Post by MM
On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 01:42:52 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
What annoys me about Aldi is they double up products. A crate on a shelf will contain 50% of one flavour and 50% of another. If 80% of people prefer one flavour, it always runs out first.
If it's not perishable, buy two or three packs. I do that with Aldi
cheese twists, for example. Sometimes only the herb flavour is
available, but more customers prefer the cheese one, so they disappear
quickly.
I have never seen as much as I want of my flavour, let alone enough to buy extra of it.
Post by MM
I do the same for flavoured sparkling water (don't like peach, for
example), tea bags, chocolate, and now butter as it's expensive, even
in Aldi.
If they ran their business properly and seperated each flavour, you wouldn't have to.
People used to believe TV sets weighed more when they were switched on, because the instructions stated "always switch off your set before attempting to move it".
The Peeler
2017-09-26 17:35:40 UTC
On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 16:56:55 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

<FLUSH all the sick shit>

Did you finally manage to drag also this thread down to your idiot's level,
Birdbrain?
--
More of Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) pathological "mind"
revealed:
Post by tim...
Post by Yellow
Apparently Aldi and Lidl stock say 10,000 products, while Tesco stock
say 50,000, and that is in part why Aldi and Lidl are more profitable,
so Tesco were reducing by 10,000 or more in order to compete.
What annoys me about Aldi is they double up products. A crate on a shelf
will contain 50% of one flavour and 50% of another. If 80% of people
prefer one flavour, it always runs out first.
That's a policy that have imported from Germany.

The one that annoys me is the vacuum packet pasta which comes in three
type - a meat tortellini, a spinach tortellini and gnocchi. and 9 times out
of 10 when I look at the selection they only have 60 packs of gnocchi left.
I don't like gnocchi and it is clear that I am not alone.

tim
MM
2017-09-26 08:12:51 UTC
Apparently Aldi and Lidl stock say 10,000 products, while Tesco stock
say 50,000, and that is in part why Aldi and Lidl are more profitable,
so Tesco were reducing by 10,000 or more in order to compete.
Tesco will never be able to compete with Aldi. They have far too many
staff, much more costly overheads, and, as you say, a huge product
range, which is wasted on most shoppers who just want to buy the
essentials.

But Tesco feel they *have* to offer esoteric goods just because the
likes of Sainsbury's or Asda do as well.

All I know is, the footfall at Aldi has increased enormously over the
past five years. And there are many more shoppers obviously doing
their entire weekly shop there, judging by the huge piles of stuff in
their trolleys.

MM

http://www.avg.com
tim...
2017-09-26 12:30:53 UTC
Post by tim...
Post by Yellow
Lidl also have a smaller range of veg than Tesco and the other day I was
in Lidl and wanted a red or white cabbage and they do not stock either,
so I ended up back in Tesco.
I'm surprised in the 21st century there isn't a supermarket which sells every food.
Tesco's have been reducing their range quite drastically. I had noticed
this, with some of their cheaper own brand products disappearing, and it
was confirmed by the BBC1 TV show about supermarkets that was on a month
or two back.
Apparently Aldi and Lidl stock say 10,000 products, while Tesco stock
say 50,000, and that is in part why Aldi and Lidl are more profitable,
so Tesco were reducing by 10,000 or more in order to compete.
That'll be all these contestants on Dragons Den hoping to break into the
market with their "me too" product, with nothing more unique than a snazzy
name

2017-09-25 22:37:50 UTC
On Mon, 25 Sep 2017 22:43:48 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
I'm surprised in the 21st century there isn't a supermarket which sells every food.
I'm surprised that there's no limit to your idiocy, Birdbrain. BTW, how
about some quoteworthy stuff for me today again. I know you can do it! LOL
Post by Yellow
Post by GB
Post by tim...
Post by Yellow
Lidl also have a smaller range of veg than Tesco and the other day I was
in Lidl and wanted a red or white cabbage and they do not stock either,
so I ended up back in Tesco.
I'm surprised in the 21st century there isn't a supermarket which sells every food.
Costs too much and their profit margins would be down Aldi only sell
basic staples in the main and does not waste expensive space on fiddly
non essentials
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-09-26 15:35:43 UTC
Post by Yellow
Post by GB
Post by tim...
Post by Yellow
Lidl also have a smaller range of veg than Tesco and the other day I was
in Lidl and wanted a red or white cabbage and they do not stock either,
so I ended up back in Tesco.
I'm surprised in the 21st century there isn't a supermarket which sells every food.
Costs too much and their profit margins would be down Aldi only sell
basic staples in the main and does not waste expensive space on fiddly
non essentials
Trouble is that loses them customers, the ones who can't be bothered shopping in two places.
It's only illegal if you're caught.
The Peeler
2017-09-26 17:36:59 UTC
On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 16:35:43 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
Trouble is
The only trouble here is you endlessly blabbering filthy sociopathic idiot!
--
More from Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) strange sociopathic
world:
"I worked out that I often break TEN laws in one hour."
MID: <***@red.lan>
tim...

tim
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-09-26 18:46:07 UTC
Post by Yellow
Post by GB
Post by tim...
Post by Yellow
Lidl also have a smaller range of veg than Tesco and the other day I was
in Lidl and wanted a red or white cabbage and they do not stock either,
so I ended up back in Tesco.
I'm surprised in the 21st century there isn't a supermarket which sells every food.
Costs too much and their profit margins would be down Aldi only sell basic
staples in the main and does not waste expensive space on fiddly non
essentials
but they do
Mine has some nice preprepared meals in a fridge at the back.
--
Although I can accept talking scarecrows, lions and great wizards of emerald cities, I find it hard to believe there is no paperwork involved when your house lands on a witch.
-- Dave James
The Peeler
2017-09-26 19:12:00 UTC
On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 19:46:07 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
Mine has some nice preprepared meals in a fridge at the back.
What kind of meals, blathering idiot? <BG>
--
More of Scottish wanker Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL)
sociopathic "thinking":
MID: <***@red.lan>
MM
2017-09-26 08:08:10 UTC
On Mon, 25 Sep 2017 22:43:48 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
The good thing about Asda is they don't try to force fucking clubcards down your throat.
But they don't do that. They simply ask, and you say "no". What's the
problem?

MM

http://www.avg.com
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-09-26 16:23:26 UTC
Post by MM
On Mon, 25 Sep 2017 22:43:48 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
The good thing about Asda is they don't try to force fucking clubcards down your throat.
But they don't do that. They simply ask, and you say "no". What's the
problem?
1) They ask every single time you go there.
2) If you don't use it, you're not getting the goods as cheap as you could. In Asda, you are, without the card.
--
Britney Spears is pregnant. She plans to breast feed.
In other words, the child will have an abundant supply of artificial milk.
The Peeler
2017-09-26 17:38:03 UTC
On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 17:23:26 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
1) They ask every single time you go there.
2) If you don't use it, you're not getting the goods as cheap as you could. In Asda, you are, without the card.
Life is hard if one is a miserable sociopath like you, eh, sociopathic
Hucker? <BG>
--
More of Scottish wanker Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL)
sociopathic "life":
MID: <***@red.lan>
MM
2017-09-26 08:06:50 UTC
Post by tim...
Post by GB
Post by Bod
Aldi will be opening 70 news shops across the UK next year, creating
4,000 jobs.
Do you really believe that, though? Other shops will close, and possibly
the net jobs effect will be negative.
but more people's supermarket prices will be lower
I look forward to there being an Aldi/Lidl in my town - but it's too small
I have an Aldi, sure they have very cheap dairy, but everything else is similar prices to Asda etc, and Aldi's range is abysmal. Some things you just can't buy there, so using it as your only supermarket is useless.
I unfortunately live quite a distance from the nearest Asda - in the
middle of 2 that are both over 10 miles way - so only go occasionally
for a change, but in my experience Asda is cheaper than Tesco and I find
some Tesco stuff cheaper than Lidl.
Yeah, SOME stuff is. For a week. Or two. Aldi, however, tends to keep
its prices constant, sometimes for years. I could calculate the cost
of a shopping basket of Aldi goods quite easily. For
Tesco/Asda/Sainsbury's/Morrisons, not so easily.

Aldi stores in the UK follow the same principle of German
supermarkets, which also keep their prices very much more constant
than British mainstream supermarkets, whether the German ones are
Aldi, Edeka, Famila, or whatever.

British supermarkets practise these fluctuations in pricing as a kind
of confusion marketing, of attempting to trick customers into spending
money.
Post by Yellow
Lidl also have a smaller range of veg than Tesco and the other day I was
in Lidl and wanted a red or white cabbage and they do not stock either,
so I ended up back in Tesco.
Lidl (and Aldi) in Spalding, Boston or Wisbech stock white cabbages.
They may have just sold out when you were there. Red cabbages maybe
not, but that's because the majority of cabbage buyers don't choose
the red sort. You yourself would have been happy enough with a white
cabbage.

Mind you, the place to buy fresh veg is not in a supermarket, but at
the local weekly market. The last few Thursdays I have bought a large,
fresh cauliflower for 70 pence.

MM

http://www.avg.com
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-09-26 14:53:08 UTC
Post by tim...
Post by GB
Post by Bod
[...]
Not so with Aldi beetroot. I've paid from 29p to 69p for a pack of 4 precooked. I assume it depends on the availability at different times of year.
Post by MM
Aldi stores in the UK follow the same principle of German
supermarkets, which also keep their prices very much more constant
than British mainstream supermarkets, whether the German ones are
Aldi, Edeka, Famila, or whatever.
British supermarkets practise these fluctuations in pricing as a kind
of confusion marketing, of attempting to trick customers into spending
money.
Actually, EVERY item in Aldi here fluctuates as much as other shops.
Post by MM
Post by Yellow
Lidl also have a smaller range of veg than Tesco and the other day I was
in Lidl and wanted a red or white cabbage and they do not stock either,
so I ended up back in Tesco.
Lidl (and Aldi) in Spalding, Boston or Wisbech stock white cabbages.
They may have just sold out when you were there. Red cabbages maybe
not, but that's because the majority of cabbage buyers don't choose
the red sort. You yourself would have been happy enough with a white
cabbage.
Mind you, the place to buy fresh veg is not in a supermarket, but at
the local weekly market. The last few Thursdays I have bought a large,
fresh cauliflower for 70 pence.
That doesn't sound cheaper than a supermarket.
A man walks into a bar with a slab of asphalt under his arm and says, "A beer please, and one for the road."
R. Mark Clayton
Or Lidl - 59p this week.
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-09-26 15:46:57 UTC
Post by tim...
Post by MM
Post by Yellow
Lidl also have a smaller range of veg than Tesco and the other day I was
in Lidl and wanted a red or white cabbage and they do not stock either,
so I ended up back in Tesco.
Lidl (and Aldi) in Spalding, Boston or Wisbech stock white cabbages.
They may have just sold out when you were there. Red cabbages maybe
not, but that's because the majority of cabbage buyers don't choose
the red sort. You yourself would have been happy enough with a white
cabbage.
Mind you, the place to buy fresh veg is not in a supermarket, but at
the local weekly market. The last few Thursdays I have bought a large,
fresh cauliflower for 70 pence.
That doesn't sound cheaper than a supermarket.
Or Lidl - 59p this week.
Markets are just a way to treat farming like a charity.
Her face was a perfect oval, like a circle that had its two other sides gently compressed by a Thigh Master.
The Peeler
2017-09-26 17:40:55 UTC
On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 16:46:57 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Or Lidl - 59p this week.
Markets are just a way to treat farming like a charity.
...according to your sociopathic "mind", Birdbrain! ALWAYS add that line to
ANYTHING you say!
MID: <***@red.lan>
The Peeler
2017-09-26 17:39:14 UTC
On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 15:53:08 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

<FLUSH the idiot's endless insipid drivel>
--
More from Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) strange sociopathic
world:
"The alleged timing is, fall into ice water and die of cold in 15 minutes.
Do what I do, go swimming in winter in a partially frozen lake, and do so
for a lot more than 15 minutes. Jesus Christ your teeth don't even start
chattering until about 30 minutes."
MID: <***@red.lan>
tim...
2017-09-26 12:28:41 UTC
Post by tim...
Post by GB
Post by Bod
[...]
yes they do

they must have sold out

happens elsewhere too

2017-09-26 19:38:27 UTC
Post by tim...
Post by GB
Post by Bod
[...]
If they were sold out then there would have be an empty location, and
there was not.
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-09-26 20:10:13 UTC
Post by tim...
Post by GB
Post by Bod
[...]
Locations move every 5 minutes, faster than even the staff can keep track of. FFS managers, STOP MOVING THE FUCKING PRODUCTS! It does not make us find other things, it makes us not find what we want, piss off discontented, and shop elsewhere!
I had some words with my wife, and she had some paragraphs with me.
The Peeler

MID: <***@red.lan>
MM
2017-09-26 07:58:47 UTC
On Mon, 25 Sep 2017 17:11:58 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"
Post by tim...
Post by GB
Post by Bod
Aldi will be opening 70 news shops across the UK next year, creating
4,000 jobs.
Do you really believe that, though? Other shops will close, and possibly
the net jobs effect will be negative.
but more people's supermarket prices will be lower
I look forward to there being an Aldi/Lidl in my town - but it's too small
I have an Aldi, sure they have very cheap dairy, but everything else is similar prices to Asda etc,
and Aldi's range is abysmal. Some things you just can't buy there, so using it as your only supermarket is useless.
What things can't you buy there?

A list, please!

MM

http://www.avg.com
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-09-26 14:54:29 UTC
Post by tim...
Post by GB
Post by Bod
Aldi will be opening 70 news shops across the UK next year, creating
4,000 jobs.
Do you really believe that, though? Other shops will close, and possibly
the net jobs effect will be negative.
but more people's supermarket prices will be lower
I look forward to there being an Aldi/Lidl in my town - but it's too small
I have an Aldi, sure they have very cheap dairy, but everything else is similar prices to Asda etc,
and Aldi's range is abysmal. Some things you just can't buy there, so using it as your only supermarket is useless.
What things can't you buy there?
A list, please!
The range of pizzas is about half of Asda. There is no fresh baking, like cookies you can get in Asda. They don't sell fly spray. That's all I can think of off the top of my head, but I think there's a about 8 things I have to get elsewhere.
2017-09-26 17:41:41 UTC
On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 15:54:29 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

<FLUSH all the usual idiotic insipid DRIVEL>
--
More of Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) deep "thinking":
"I don't wear underwear, but boxers are more comfortable than briefs. Why
MID: <***@red.lan>
tim...
2017-09-26 12:27:03 UTC
Post by tim...
Post by GB
Post by Bod
Aldi will be opening 70 news shops across the UK next year, creating
4,000 jobs.
Do you really believe that, though? Other shops will close, and possibly
the net jobs effect will be negative.
but more people's supermarket prices will be lower
I look forward to there being an Aldi/Lidl in my town - but it's too small
I have an Aldi, sure they have very cheap dairy, but everything else is
similar prices to Asda etc, and Aldi's range is abysmal. Some things you
just can't buy there, so using it as your only supermarket is useless.
Fresh fruit and veg is far more competitive in Aldi/Lidl

Major supermarkets have long used this sector as a profit centre to offset
all the products that they sell as loss leaders

tim
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-09-26 18:47:47 UTC
Post by tim...
Post by GB
Post by Bod
Aldi will be opening 70 news shops across the UK next year, creating
4,000 jobs.
Do you really believe that, though? Other shops will close, and possibly
the net jobs effect will be negative.
but more people's supermarket prices will be lower
I look forward to there being an Aldi/Lidl in my town - but it's too small
I have an Aldi, sure they have very cheap dairy, but everything else is
similar prices to Asda etc, and Aldi's range is abysmal. Some things you
just can't buy there, so using it as your only supermarket is useless.
Fresh fruit and veg is far more competitive in Aldi/Lidl
Major supermarkets have long used this sector as a profit centre to offset
all the products that they sell as loss leaders
Here, prices are almost identical in Asda, Morrisons, Aldi for fruit, and indeed most things except milk, cheese, etc, where Aldi is half the price.
--
How do you turn the lights on after sex?
Open the car door.
The Peeler
2017-09-26 19:11:51 UTC
On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 19:47:47 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
Here, prices are almost identical in Asda, Morrisons, Aldi for fruit, and
indeed most things except milk, cheese, etc, where Aldi is half the
price.
Is there really no end to your idiotic drivel, you brain damaged sociopathic
sow?
MID: <***@red.lan>
Yellow
2017-09-25 21:24:48 UTC
Post by GB
Post by Bod
Aldi will be opening 70 news shops across the UK next year, creating
4,000 jobs.
Do you really believe that, though? Other shops will close, and possibly
the net jobs effect will be negative.
but more people's supermarket prices will be lower
I look forward to there being an Aldi/Lidl in my town - but it's too small
I have a Lidl in one direction and an Aldi in the other, but favour the
Lidl as it has a decent size car park and both stores get really busy.
My neighbours though assure me Aldi is better.

So Lidl, the best thing is they do a bar of really nice chocolate for
30p for 100g. When I first bought it I had reservations as I have tried
both Tesco's and Sainsbury's budget chocolate and they are more
expensive and frankly horrible.

And Lidl do the best cheese topped rolls on the planet for 29p each. :-)

I do buy 'food' sometimes too but you do need to look at the prices and
not just assume they are cheaper. Frozen peas and sweetcorn for example
are cheaper in Tesco.

The other issue is the queues. God, the queues!

I have all the time in the world and am happy to stand and watch the
world go by but if you are in a hurry, forget it. They will open all the
tills when it gets really busy but they then close them again as soon as
they can, so you are always behind a minimum of 2 people, often with
trolleys filled to the brim.

In Tesco I can self scan a week's shop, packed as I go, pay and leave in
the time it takes to by 10 items in Lidl.

But for those who are time rich, money poor or just want something in
particular, Lidl is worth the trouble.
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-09-25 21:42:18 UTC
Post by GB
Post by Bod
Aldi will be opening 70 news shops across the UK next year, creating
4,000 jobs.
Do you really believe that, though? Other shops will close, and possibly
the net jobs effect will be negative.
but more people's supermarket prices will be lower
I look forward to there being an Aldi/Lidl in my town - but it's too small
I have a Lidl in one direction and an Aldi in the other, but favour the
Lidl as it has a decent size car park and both stores get really busy.
My neighbours though assure me Aldi is better.
So Lidl, the best thing is they do a bar of really nice chocolate for
30p for 100g. When I first bought it I had reservations as I have tried
both Tesco's and Sainsbury's budget chocolate and they are more
expensive and frankly horrible.
I find Asda, Morrisons, and Aldi 30p chocolate to be equally good. I guess Cadbury's is a bit better, but not by much.
Post by Yellow
And Lidl do the best cheese topped rolls on the planet for 29p each. :-)
I do buy 'food' sometimes too but you do need to look at the prices and
not just assume they are cheaper. Frozen peas and sweetcorn for example
are cheaper in Tesco.
The trouble with real food like fruit is you can't compare the prices. It can be per weight or per each. Another failed (probably EU) law.
Post by Yellow
The other issue is the queues. God, the queues!
I always use automated checkouts if they have them, those are much faster.
Post by Yellow
I have all the time in the world and am happy to stand and watch the
world go by but if you are in a hurry, forget it. They will open all the
tills when it gets really busy but they then close them again as soon as
they can, so you are always behind a minimum of 2 people, often with
trolleys filled to the brim.
The Aldi workers (are forced to) scan very fast. And they let (insist) that large amounts of one thing stay in the trolley and they just scan one and ask how many you have. It means I can buy 6 times 10 items in a tenth of the time.
Post by Yellow
In Tesco I can self scan a week's shop, packed as I go, pay and leave in
the time it takes to by 10 items in Lidl.
I refuse to go back to Tesco after I had a very loud argument with three managers about whether I could go in shirtless on a baking hot summer's day.
A.I.D.S. = Arsehole Injected Death Sentence
Yellow
2017-09-25 21:53:36 UTC
Post by GB
Post by Bod
[...]
I have never tried any of those, so will give them a go - thanks.

Cadbury's is a taste I grew up with but unless it is on offer, it is
just too expensive for me now so when I go in Lidl I buy 5 or 6 bars of
their 30p offering and that lasts me until next time I am in there.
Post by Yellow
The other issue is the queues. God, the queues!
I always use automated checkouts if they have them, those are much faster.
My local Lidl only has manned checkouts. It is a relatively new store
too, about 2 years old.
Post by Yellow
I have all the time in the world and am happy to stand and watch the
world go by but if you are in a hurry, forget it. They will open all the
tills when it gets really busy but they then close them again as soon as
they can, so you are always behind a minimum of 2 people, often with
trolleys filled to the brim.
The Aldi workers (are forced to) scan very fast. And they let (insist) that large amounts of one thing stay in the trolley and they just scan one and ask how many you have. It means I can buy 6 times 10 items in a tenth of the time.
I have read about that, for both Aldi and Lidl, that they have to scan
so many items a minute. Harsh, but at least it keeps the chat to a
minimum I suppose.
Post by Yellow
In Tesco I can self scan a week's shop, packed as I go, pay and leave in
the time it takes to by 10 items in Lidl.
I refuse to go back to Tesco after I had a very loud argument with three managers about whether I could go in shirtless on a baking hot summer's day.
I am with the Tesco staff on that one! A pet hate of mine is half naked,
often smelly and sweaty, bodies when I am shopping for food.
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-09-26 00:40:01 UTC
Post by GB
Post by Bod
[...]
You're not as bad as me then. I have bought up to FIFTY of those bars in Aldi (for a 3 weekly shop). I actually got told off in Aldi by the deputy manager for buying their entire stock of cat food. Enough for six cats for one month. If they can't supply enough for that, they're a tinpot organisation and I'll shop elsewhere.
Post by Yellow
The other issue is the queues. God, the queues!
I always use automated checkouts if they have them, those are much faster.
My local Lidl only has manned checkouts. It is a relatively new store
too, about 2 years old.
My Aldi is manned only, but they're fast. Asda is automated. Morrisons is only automated for small amounts (15 items max but they don't check, but you can't get a full large trolley on the weighing machine, which causes a commotion - I do like the "surprising item in the bagging area" the machine tells me though.
Post by Yellow
I have all the time in the world and am happy to stand and watch the
world go by but if you are in a hurry, forget it. They will open all the
tills when it gets really busy but they then close them again as soon as
they can, so you are always behind a minimum of 2 people, often with
trolleys filled to the brim.
The Aldi workers (are forced to) scan very fast. And they let (insist) that large amounts of one thing stay in the trolley and they just scan one and ask how many you have. It means I can buy 6 times 10 items in a tenth of the time.
I have read about that, for both Aldi and Lidl, that they have to scan
so many items a minute. Harsh, but at least it keeps the chat to a
minimum I suppose.
They chat in Aldi, but at the same time as scanning very very fast. Usually faster than the customer can place it in the trolley.
Post by Yellow
In Tesco I can self scan a week's shop, packed as I go, pay and leave in
the time it takes to by 10 items in Lidl.
I refuse to go back to Tesco after I had a very loud argument with three managers about whether I could go in shirtless on a baking hot summer's day.
I am with the Tesco staff on that one! A pet hate of mine is half naked,
often smelly and sweaty, bodies when I am shopping for food.
Don't be so fucking prudish. And for your information, wearing a shirt makes you hotter so you'd sweat more.
Post by Yellow
But for those who are time rich, money poor or just want something in
particular, Lidl is worth the trouble.
--
The longest word word has 189,819 letters, and takes three hours to pronounce:
http://www.digitalspy.com/fun/news/a444700/longest-word-has-189819-letters-takes-three-hours-to-pronounce/
Yellow
2017-09-26 01:53:59 UTC
Post by Yellow
In Tesco I can self scan a week's shop, packed as I go, pay and leave in
the time it takes to by 10 items in Lidl.
I refuse to go back to Tesco after I had a very loud argument with three managers about whether I could go in shirtless on a baking hot summer's day.
I am with the Tesco staff on that one! A pet hate of mine is half naked,
often smelly and sweaty, bodies when I am shopping for food.
Don't be so fucking prudish. And for your information, wearing a shirt makes you hotter so you'd sweat more.
I am not going to try to defend my aversion, it is just how I am, but I
can't be alone, not liking topless shoppers, as it is quite common to
see signs saying clothes have to be warn.
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-09-26 17:04:21 UTC
Post by Yellow
In Tesco I can self scan a week's shop, packed as I go, pay and leave in
the time it takes to by 10 items in Lidl.
I refuse to go back to Tesco after I had a very loud argument with three managers about whether I could go in shirtless on a baking hot summer's day.
I am with the Tesco staff on that one! A pet hate of mine is half naked,
often smelly and sweaty, bodies when I am shopping for food.
Don't be so fucking prudish. And for your information, wearing a shirt makes you hotter so you'd sweat more.
I am not going to try to defend my aversion, it is just how I am, but I
can't be alone, not liking topless shoppers, as it is quite common to
see signs saying clothes have to be warn.
Yet it's ok to be topless outside. What's the difference? The Tesco wombles said it was "for hygiene reasons", so I asked what part of my body I'd lift up apples with - my hands, same as them, and that perhaps he should require everyone to wear gloves. He couldn't form a meaningful conversation after that.
The Peeler
2017-09-26 17:44:06 UTC
On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 18:04:21 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
Yet it's ok to be topless outside. What's the difference? The Tesco
wombles said it was "for hygiene reasons", so I asked what part of my
body I'd lift up apples with - my hands, same as them, and that perhaps
he should require everyone to wear gloves. He couldn't form a meaningful
conversation after that.
It's your WHOLE appearance, including your outstanding stupidity and your
filthiness that makes people react towards you like that, Peter Hucker!
--
Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson") about himself:
"I once took a dump behind some bushes and slid down a hill to wipe my
(Courtesy of Mr Pounder)
Yellow
2017-09-26 19:43:28 UTC
Post by Yellow
[...]
I can't say I enjoy the slight of flabby, sweaty, topless men anywhere,
but Tesco is not 'outside' so they can have whatever rules they want.
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-09-26 20:06:50 UTC
Post by Yellow
[...]
I'm not flabby or sweaty.
Post by Yellow
but Tesco is not 'outside'
What has inside and outside got to do with anything?
Post by Yellow
so they can have whatever rules they want.
They can also lose my custom.
--
We are with Europe, but not of it. We are linked, but not compromised. We are associated, but not absorbed.
And should a European statesman address us and say "Shall we speak for thee?", we should reply "nay sir, for we dwell among our own people".
-- Winston Churchill 1953
Yellow
2017-09-26 21:09:17 UTC
Post by Yellow
[...]
But if they let one person they have to let everyone.
Post by Yellow
but Tesco is not 'outside'
What has inside and outside got to do with anything?
Tesco's is private property so they can make whatever rules they want.
Post by Yellow
so they can have whatever rules they want.
They can also lose my custom.
They have obviously decided that is a loss they are prepared to stomach.
:-)
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-09-26 22:06:55 UTC
Post by Yellow
[...]
No, they create a more sensible reason for stopping people. Anyone covered in mud or sweat (like a cyclist) is not allowed in.
Post by Yellow
but Tesco is not 'outside'
What has inside and outside got to do with anything?
Tesco's is private property so they can make whatever rules they want.
Like "anyone wearing a green hat will be shot"? Or "niggers are not allowed to walk and must crawl on their hands and knees"? I don't think so.
Post by Yellow
so they can have whatever rules they want.
They can also lose my custom.
They have obviously decided that is a loss they are prepared to stomach.
:-)
They're not intelligent enough to make a decision.
--
They say that when a man holds a woman's hand before marriage, it is
love; after marriage it is self-defense.
The Peeler
2017-09-26 22:23:18 UTC
On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 23:06:55 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
They're not intelligent enough to make a decision.
They KNOW that you are an idiot, Birdbrain! LOL
MID: <***@red.lan>
The Peeler
2017-09-26 21:40:37 UTC
On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 21:06:50 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),
Post by Yellow
I can't say I enjoy the slight of flabby, sweaty, topless men anywhere,
I'm not flabby or sweaty.
You were reported to be smelly, you unwashed filthy wanker wearing no
underwear!
MID: <***@red.lan>
Ophelia
2017-09-26 20:46:50 UTC
Post by Yellow
[...]

==

Not something I've ever seen up here. But then Scotland is a bit on the
cool side <g>
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-09-26 21:03:17 UTC
Post by Yellow
[...]
I AM in Scotland. I find it warm all year round, because unlike most fuckwits, I realise that I'm warm blooded, like every other human.
I'd rather have a life than a living.
The Peeler
2017-09-26 21:40:36 UTC
On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 22:03:17 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
I AM in Scotland. I find it warm all year round, because unlike most
fuckwits, I realise that I'm warm blooded, like every other human.
Rest assured that EVERYONE here realized already that YOU are the biggest
fuckwit around, Birdbrain!
MID: <***@red.lan>
Yellow
Be grateful for small mercies!
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-09-26 22:04:48 UTC
says...
Post by Yellow
[...]
Have you travelled in time from the Victorian era? Are you one of those weird people who sleep in their clothes?
--
What advice don't you want to hear from a doctor before an operation?
"Whatever you do, don't go into the light."
The Peeler
2017-09-26 22:24:10 UTC
On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 23:04:48 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
Have you travelled in time from the Victorian era? Are you one of those
weird people who sleep in their clothes?
YOU calling OTHERS "weird"??? YOUUUUUU??? Of all people? ROTFLOL!
MID: <***@red.lan>
The Peeler
2017-09-26 10:17:30 UTC
On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 01:40:01 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

<FLUSH all the idiotic sick drivel again>
--
More of Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) sociopathic world:
"Most animals don't attack me, even though their owners tell me they're
MID: <***@red.lan>
MM
2017-09-26 11:47:45 UTC
On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 01:40:01 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
You're not as bad as me then. I have bought up to FIFTY of those bars in Aldi (for a 3 weekly shop). I actually
got told off in Aldi by the deputy manager for buying their entire stock of cat food. Enough for six cats for
one month. If they can't supply enough for that, they're a tinpot organisation and I'll shop elsewhere.
Orf you go, then!

You sound as if you just want to goad supermarket managers into
throwing you out!

If you want so much cat food in one go, visit a cash n carry. It's
unfair on other shoppers to clear the shelves, just because YOU want
to.

MM

http://www.avg.com
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-09-26 15:54:23 UTC
Post by MM
On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 01:40:01 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
You're not as bad as me then. I have bought up to FIFTY of those bars in Aldi (for a 3 weekly shop). I actually
got told off in Aldi by the deputy manager for buying their entire stock of cat food. Enough for six cats for
one month. If they can't supply enough for that, they're a tinpot organisation and I'll shop elsewhere.
Orf you go, then!
You sound as if you just want to goad supermarket managers into
throwing you out!
If you want so much cat food in one go, visit a cash n carry. It's
unfair on other shoppers to clear the shelves, just because YOU want
to.
It's not a lot of food. 6 cats for one month. Consider how many other cat owners are around on the same day. Every other supermarket has about 5 times what I buy on their shelf. Aldi has failed, their problem, it's up to them to supply enough for a day's customers. I will continue to buy what I like in there and make a loud fuss every time they complain. If she wants, she can reshelve them herself. And yes I park in their disabled bays because they're closer. I don't respect the disabled - they're either self inflicted by having a stupid accident, or their parents should have aborted them before they came out.
--
"I must take every precaution not to get pregnant," said Judi to her best friend Monika.
"But I thought you said your hubby had a vasectomy," Monika responded.
"He did. That's why I have to take every precaution!" shrieked Judi.
The Peeler

MID: <***@red.lan>
tim...
2017-09-26 12:46:22 UTC
Post by Yellow
My local Lidl only has manned checkouts. It is a relatively new store
too, about 2 years old.
My Aldi is manned only, but they're fast.
but they can only be as fast as the person clearing the scanned goods back
into the trolley

with the move upmarket to people not accustomed to putting everything back
into the trolley and moving to the "bagging area", this process has got
considerably slower of late.
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-09-26 18:45:45 UTC
Post by Yellow
My local Lidl only has manned checkouts. It is a relatively new store
too, about 2 years old.
My Aldi is manned only, but they're fast.
but they can only be as fast as the person clearing the scanned goods back
into the trolley
Which is clearly many times faster as you don't have to scan them, and can shove 2 or more in at a time. Why do you think they insist you bag them at the shelves later on?
Post by tim...
with the move upmarket to people not accustomed to putting everything back
into the trolley and moving to the "bagging area", this process has got
considerably slower of late.
Has it? How stupid do people have to be to not follow a simple instruction? If anyone tries to bag items at the checkout here, they're told not to, and comply. I don't bag at all, I take the trolley to the car and place the items straight into boxes remarkably similar to Asda home delivery crates, which is much quicker than fucking about with bags.
--
The graduate with a science degree asks, "Why does it work?"
The graduate with an engineering degree asks, "How does it work?"
The graduate with an arts degree asks, "Do you want fries with that?"
The Peeler

On Mon, 25 Sep 2017 22:42:18 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
I refuse to go back to Tesco after I had a very loud argument with three
managers about whether I could go in shirtless on a baking hot summer's
day.
IOW, you are not allowed to enter the shop anymore, you sociopathic misfit!
And, yes, QUOTEWORTHY again, you dipshhit! LOL
--
Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) about women:
"I don't want one. Easy enough to get one if I wanted one."
MID: <***@red.lan>
FMurtz
2017-09-26 05:16:21 UTC
Post by Yellow
Post by GB
Post by Yellow
I have all the time in the world and am happy to stand and watch the
world go by but if you are in a hurry, forget it. They will open all the
tills when it gets really busy but they then close them again as soon as
they can, so you are always behind a minimum of 2 people, often with
trolleys filled to the brim.
The Aldi workers (are forced to)
Don't need to be forced, their scanners work,They were the first to have
bigger more readable barcodes (others are now catching up)their checkout
people were allowed to sit while others stand

James Wilkinson Sword
2017-09-26 15:35:17 UTC
Post by Yellow
Post by GB
Post by Yellow
I have all the time in the world and am happy to stand and watch the
world go by but if you are in a hurry, forget it. They will open all the
tills when it gets really busy but they then close them again as soon as
they can, so you are always behind a minimum of 2 people, often with
trolleys filled to the brim.
The Aldi workers (are forced to)
Don't need to be forced,
They are assessed, they told me so. And you can see how quick they work. Watch one in Morrisons and you often get an 80 year old woman scanning only one thing every 2 seconds.
Post by FMurtz
their scanners work,They were the first to have
bigger more readable barcodes (others are now catching up)
They can't, since other stores don't just sell their own stuff.
Post by FMurtz
their checkout people were allowed to sit while others stand
Never seen one stand in any shop.
--
In 1272, the Arabic Muslims invented the condom, using a goat's lower intestine.
In 1873, the British refined the idea by taking the intestine out of the goat first.
The Peeler
2017-09-26 17:47:33 UTC
On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 16:35:17 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
They are assessed, they told me so.
You were assessed as unemployable by ALL your employers, right, sociopath?
NOBODY wants an anti-social filthy wanker like you to work for them! <BG>
--
Unemployable, mentally handicapped Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson"
LOL) about his life as a dole and welfare whore:
MID: <***@red.lan>
MM
2017-09-26 11:45:10 UTC
On Mon, 25 Sep 2017 22:42:18 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
I refuse to go back to Tesco after I had a very loud argument with three managers about whether I could go in shirtless on a baking hot summer's day.
Your loss. Mothers with young schoolchildren in tow don't want to see
your upper nakedness in a supermarket of all places. It's NOT the same
as a beach. Huzzah to those managers who stood up for modesty and good
manners, which you appear to be lacking.

MM

http://www.avg.com
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-09-26 15:55:59 UTC
Post by MM
On Mon, 25 Sep 2017 22:42:18 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
I refuse to go back to Tesco after I had a very loud argument with three managers about whether I could go in shirtless on a baking hot summer's day.
Your loss. Mothers with young schoolchildren in tow
What's children to do with it? Only adults are offended, children have more sense.
Post by MM
don't want to see
your upper nakedness in a supermarket of all places. It's NOT the same
as a beach.
What's magically different about a beach?
Post by MM
Huzzah
It's hurrah.
Post by MM
to those managers who stood up for modesty and good
manners, which you appear to be lacking.
Are you stupid or what? Women are considered naked on the top half. The upper half of a man is not rude, or it would be illegal to walk around outside shirtless.
If you're cross-eyed and have dyslexia, can you read all right?
The Peeler
2017-09-26 17:48:39 UTC
Post by MM
don't want to see
your upper nakedness in a supermarket of all places. It's NOT the same
as a beach.
What's magically different about a beach?
Post by MM
Huzzah
It's hurrah.
Post by MM
to those managers who stood up for modesty and good
manners, which you appear to be lacking.
Are you stupid or what? Women are considered naked on the top half. The upper half of a man is not rude, or it would be illegal to walk around outside shirtless.
You can't understand, Hucker. You ARE a true sociopath!
MID: <***@red.lan>
Ophelia
2017-09-26 09:15:28 UTC
Post by GB
Post by Bod
[...]

Lidl is always my first stop too. Ours is busy but nothing like you
describe. Having said that, I don't know what it is like later in the day.
I might think twice given your situation.

I only went to Aldi once but I wasn't really impressed and I still preferred
Lidl.
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
Yellow
2017-09-26 14:11:17 UTC
Post by GB
Post by Bod
[...]
I live in what a lot of people mistakenly believe to be a universally
well off area - the south coast of East and West Sussex - but it really
isn't. Of course we have people who are fabulously wealthy, rock stars
with the houses on the beach and well off people who work in London but
many more people are in the middle or below.

But because of the money where there is money, that is often what is
catered for because of the potential profits I guess, so when the Lidl
was built where it has been, there was almost rejoicing in the streets.
:-)

I read the comments to the planning permission request, and the later
one to extend the opening hours, and they were almost 100% positive,
some almost begging the council to allow it to be built.

So it is always busy - whether you go at 10am or 4pm.

But to be fair, they built a Waitross in Hove around the same time, and
that gets packed out too. And it is bloody expensive in there!
Ophelia
2017-09-26 19:19:06 UTC

Post by GB
Post by Bod
[...]

Shame:((( I suppose there is some period that is less busy than other times,
but finding it ... :(

I can imagine how popular it must be in a place you describe:)

I tend to do Lidl and then what I can't get there I get in Tesco which is
local.

Maybe all the rich people in your area shop in Waitrose:) Hopefully it
keeps them out of Lidl but I wouldn't count on it. Our nearest Lidl is in a
small nearby town and you ought to see some of the large, expensive cars
parked in that car park!!!

The most expensive shop I have found is Booth's in Ripon! We spend a lot
of time in N. Yorks (our home really) and that is a shop I give a wide
berth! There is a particular pork pie that DH loves and we buy when we are
down. Just a small one costs 40p more in Booth's! Crazy! No wonder they
are happy to refund the car park fees!!!

Oh, incidentally, DH's fave in Lidl is cheese twists and mine pecan and
maple twists. Better than anywhere else:)))
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-09-26 14:51:25 UTC
Post by GB
Post by Bod
[...]
Try Tesco at 3am, that's quiet.
A man's home is his castle, in a manor of speaking.
tim...
2017-09-26 12:43:32 UTC
Post by GB
Post by Bod
Aldi will be opening 70 news shops across the UK next year, creating
4,000 jobs.
Do you really believe that, though? Other shops will close, and possibly
the net jobs effect will be negative.
but more people's supermarket prices will be lower
I look forward to there being an Aldi/Lidl in my town - but it's too small
I have a Lidl in one direction and an Aldi in the other, but favour the
Lidl as it has a decent size car park and both stores get really busy.
My neighbours though assure me Aldi is better.
really

When I first walked into a (UK) Lidl I thought how it really showed up the
even more down-market Aldis I had been used to
Post by Yellow
So Lidl, the best thing is they do a bar of really nice chocolate for
30p for 100g. When I first bought it I had reservations as I have tried
both Tesco's and Sainsbury's budget chocolate and they are more
expensive and frankly horrible.
And Lidl do the best cheese topped rolls on the planet for 29p each. :-)
got to agree with you there

But not worth a 20 mile round trip
Post by Yellow
I do buy 'food' sometimes too but you do need to look at the prices and
not just assume they are cheaper. Frozen peas and sweetcorn for example
are cheaper in Tesco.
As is the tinned fruit
Post by Yellow
The other issue is the queues. God, the queues!
completely varies when I go

tim
Vidcapper
2017-09-26 07:28:53 UTC
Post by GB
Post by Bod
Aldi will be opening 70 news shops across the UK next year, creating
4,000 jobs.
Do you really believe that, though? Other shops will close, and
possibly the net jobs effect will be negative.
but more people's supermarket prices will be lower
I look forward to there being an Aldi/Lidl in my town - but it's too small
The town or the store. :p
Paul Hyett, Cheltenham
tim...
2017-09-26 12:47:52 UTC
Post by Vidcapper
Post by tim...
Post by GB
Post by Bod
Aldi will be opening 70 news shops across the UK next year, creating
4,000 jobs.
Do you really believe that, though? Other shops will close, and
possibly the net jobs effect will be negative.
but more people's supermarket prices will be lower
I look forward to there being an Aldi/Lidl in my town - but it's too small
The town or the store. :p
it they had the concept of a small store it wouldn't be too small

tim
Post by Vidcapper
Paul Hyett, Cheltenham
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-09-26 18:48:16 UTC
Post by Vidcapper
Post by tim...
Post by GB
Post by Bod
Aldi will be opening 70 news shops across the UK next year, creating
4,000 jobs.
Do you really believe that, though? Other shops will close, and
possibly the net jobs effect will be negative.
but more people's supermarket prices will be lower
I look forward to there being an Aldi/Lidl in my town - but it's too small
The town or the store. :p
it they had the concept of a small store it wouldn't be too small
Unable to interpret sentence. Redo from start.
Why do divorces cost so much? They're worth it.
The Peeler
2017-09-26 19:13:40 UTC
On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 19:48:16 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
Unable to interpret sentence. Redo from start.
Oh, shut your stupid gob finally!
MID: <***@red.lan>
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-09-25 16:13:50 UTC
Post by GB
Post by Bod
Aldi will be opening 70 news shops across the UK next year, creating
4,000 jobs.
Do you really believe that, though? Other shops will close, and possibly
the net jobs effect will be negative.
All supermarkets should be automated checkouts only, employ less staff and sell cheaper food. Creating jobs for the sake of it is stupid. We could have half the staff everywhere, but everyone works a 20 hour week. This should have happened already with robotics, but we seem to be inventing pointless jobs everywhere.
I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours -- Stephen Roberts
R. Mark Clayton
They only have automated check outs in POSH areas for some reason...
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-09-25 17:02:34 UTC
Post by GB
Post by Bod
Aldi will be opening 70 news shops across the UK next year, creating
4,000 jobs.
Do you really believe that, though? Other shops will close, and possibly
the net jobs effect will be negative.
All supermarkets should be automated checkouts only, employ less staff and sell cheaper food. Creating jobs for the sake of it is stupid. We could have half the staff everywhere, but everyone works a 20 hour week. This should have happened already with robotics, but we seem to be inventing pointless jobs everywhere.
They only have automated check outs in POSH areas for some reason...
Mine have them, but not ALL the checkouts. We just don't need manned ones at all. And only Asda have automated checkouts with enough room for a full large trolley.
--
Watching his date from the corner of his eye while he poured her a drink, the young bachelor said, "Say when."
She replied, "Right after that drink."
The Peeler
2017-09-25 18:20:43 UTC
On Mon, 25 Sep 2017 18:02:34 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),
Post by R. Mark Clayton
They only have automated check outs in POSH areas for some reason...
Mine have them, but not ALL the checkouts. We just don't need manned
ones at all.
"We" already again, you delusional sociopathic misfit? You really keep
believing you are talking for the majority when you spout your endless
bullshit here, don't you? LOL
MID: <***@red.lan>
MM
2017-09-26 11:49:23 UTC
Post by GB
Post by Bod
Aldi will be opening 70 news shops across the UK next year, creating
4,000 jobs.
Do you really believe that, though? Other shops will close, and possibly
the net jobs effect will be negative.
All supermarkets should be automated checkouts only, employ less staff and sell cheaper food. Creating jobs for the sake of it is stupid. We could have half the staff everywhere, but everyone works a 20 hour week. This should have happened already with robotics, but we seem to be inventing pointless jobs everywhere.
--
I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours -- Stephen Roberts
They only have automated check outs in POSH areas for some reason...
Blimey, Spalding is POSH, then!

MM

http://www.avg.com
The Peeler
2017-09-25 17:23:07 UTC
On Mon, 25 Sep 2017 17:13:50 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),
Post by GB
Do you really believe that, though? Other shops will close, and possibly
the net jobs effect will be negative.
All supermarkets should be automated checkouts only, employ less staff
and sell cheaper food. Creating jobs for the sake of it is stupid.
...says, of course, the workshy unemployable dole and welfare whore who is
afraid she might get a job offer! <BG>