Sssshh! Don't Tell The Remainers!
Omega
2017-05-18 10:50:35 UTC
The pound has crashed through the $1:30 barrier.

But of course, upwards.

omega
abelard
2017-05-18 10:54:21 UTC
Post by Omega
The pound has crashed through the $1:30 barrier.
But of course, upwards.
or has the $ crashed down through it?

see saw marjorie door...what would the astrologists do
without such nonsense
R. Mark Clayton
2017-05-18 12:14:49 UTC
Post by Omega
The pound has crashed through the $1:30 barrier.
But of course, upwards.
omega
Trump's antics is causing a loss of confidence in the dollar.

Sterling is still down over 10% from its pre-vote level.

Inflation is rising.

At Aldi my preferred [Spanish] wine just had its third price increase this year and is up 13% on it pre-referendum price.

The Brit's have been paying for the leave vote for nearly a year, but the pain will get a lot worse before 2020, which is one of the main reasons we are having a general election.
Mike Swift
2017-05-18 12:56:32 UTC
Trump's antics is causing a loss of confidence in the dollar.
Sterling is still down over 10% from its pre-vote level.
Inflation is rising.
But retail sales aren't :-

Sales volumes jumped 2.3% in April from the month before, the Office for
National Statistics (ONS) said, and were 4% higher than a year earlier.
Post by R. Mark Clayton
At Aldi my preferred [Spanish] wine just had its third price increase this year
and is up 13% on it pre-referendum price.
Then don't buy from the EU, my Chilean and South African wines are
little altered.
Post by R. Mark Clayton
The Brit's have been paying for the leave vote for nearly a year, but the pain
will get a lot worse before 2020, which is one of the main reasons we are
having a general election.
Rubbish, we're paying so currency speculators can make enough money to
get a new Porsche.

Mike
Yorkshire Halvard Lange
Because of inflated prices....d'oh!
j***@gmail.com
2017-05-18 13:59:10 UTC
Is Spanish wine not affected by the terrible weather they had.
Mike Swift
2017-05-18 15:13:11 UTC
Post by j***@gmail.com
Is Spanish wine not affected by the terrible weather they had.
Maybe it's just a terrible wine.

Mike
Yorkshire Halvard Lange
Mike Swift
2017-05-18 15:12:29 UTC
In article <***@4ax.com>, jew pedophile
Ron Jacobson (jew pedophile Baruch 'Barry' Shein's jew aliash)
Post by Mike Swift
But retail sales aren't :-
Sales volumes jumped 2.3% in April from the month before, the Office for
National Statistics (ONS) said, and were 4% higher than a year earlier.
Because of inflated prices....d'oh!
But if the Remoaners are correct sale will have fallen as belts were
tightened, you can't have it both ways.

Mike
Yorkshire Halvard Lange
Why would belts be tightened? Nothing's actually happened yet!
The Peeler
2017-05-18 16:53:40 UTC
On Thu, 18 May 2017 08:53:22 -0700, serbian bitch Razovic, the resident
of herself as "Exorcist Missile (NOT forging jew kike sheinie pedophile
Post by Mike Swift
But if the Remoaners are correct sale will have fallen as belts were
tightened, you can't have it both ways.
Mike
Nothing's actually happened yet!
That's what YOUR entire existence is about, you housebound psychotic idiot
with no life outside Usenet AT ALL!
psychopath, aka "The Rectum":

she can't get out of the house anymore,
she got NOBODY to talk to anymore,
she can't FUCK anymore,
she got no life outside Usenet AT ALL!
Ian Jackson
2017-05-18 21:13:21 UTC
In message <***@4ax.com>, "jew pedophile
Post by Mike Swift
But retail sales aren't :-
Sales volumes jumped 2.3% in April from the month before, the Office for
National Statistics (ONS) said, and were 4% higher than a year earlier.
Because of inflated prices....d'oh!
But if the Remoaners are correct sale will have fallen as belts were
tightened, you can't have it both ways.
Mike
Why would belts be tightened? Nothing's actually happened yet!
Some of the Brexiteers, that they interviewed on the radio and TV,
actually did believe that on the morning after the referendum, we HAD
already left the EU.
Ian
That doesn't surprise me. And many of the others believe it now.
The Peeler
2017-05-19 14:28:39 UTC
On Fri, 19 May 2017 06:15:06 -0700, serbian bitch Razovic, the resident
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Mike Swift
But if the Remoaners are correct sale will have fallen as belts were
tightened, you can't have it both ways.
Mike
Why would belts be tightened? Nothing's actually happened yet!
Some of the Brexiteers, that they interviewed on the radio and TV,
actually did believe that on the morning after the referendum, we HAD
already left the EU.
That doesn't surprise me. And many of the others believe it now.
NOT as many who believe that you ARE a sick asshole, Razovic!
"Assholes come
Assholes go
But the revd asshole goes on forever.
(and he speaks through it)"
Sick old pedo Andrew "Andrzej" Baron (aka "Exorcist Missile")
2017-05-19 15:56:08 UTC
In article <***@4ax.com>,
a shiteating cowardly nazoid sub-louse PEDO named Andrew "Andrzej"
That doesn't surprise me.
20/20 hindsight, old pedo...
Sick old pedo Andrew "Andrzej" Baron (aka "Exorcist Missile")
2017-05-19 07:51:34 UTC
It WILL, old pedo... why are so stupid?
The Peeler
2017-05-18 16:22:54 UTC
On Thu, 18 May 2017 06:28:31 -0700, serbian bitch Razovic, the resident
Post by Mike Swift
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Inflation is rising.
But retail sales aren't :-
Sales volumes jumped 2.3% in April from the month before, the Office for
National Statistics (ONS) said, and were 4% higher than a year earlier.
Because of inflated prices....d'oh!
"WOW!!! This retarded squirrel made a comment."

2017-05-19 07:50:58 UTC
You mean like your Polish "missus" charging 0.13 Quid for a blowjob? LOL, Andrzej!
R. Mark Clayton
2017-05-19 10:23:26 UTC
Post by Mike Swift
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Trump's antics is causing a loss of confidence in the dollar.
Sterling is still down over 10% from its pre-vote level.
Inflation is rising.
But retail sales aren't :-
Sales volumes jumped 2.3% in April from the month before, the Office for
National Statistics (ONS) said, and were 4% higher than a year earlier.
Which was down the the weather and that Easter was in March last year and April this year. Oh and prices have risen!
Post by Mike Swift
Post by R. Mark Clayton
At Aldi my preferred [Spanish] wine just had its third price increase this year
and is up 13% on it pre-referendum price.
Then don't buy from the EU, my Chilean and South African wines are
little altered.
That is just not true. If anything they have risen more because the pound has fared worse against the dollar than the Euro until the recent "Trump slump".
Post by Mike Swift
Post by R. Mark Clayton
The Brit's have been paying for the leave vote for nearly a year, but the pain
will get a lot worse before 2020, which is one of the main reasons we are
having a general election.
Rubbish, we're paying so currency speculators can make enough money to
get a new Porsche.
The speculators got burned by the vote. Moreover the pound has been down over 10% for nearly a year - that is NOT speculation!

The bright Brexit future is just a castle in the air.
Post by Mike Swift
Mike
Yorkshire Halvard Lange
Norman Wells
2017-05-19 12:11:36 UTC
Post by Mike Swift
Post by R. Mark Clayton
The Brit's have been paying for the leave vote for nearly a year, but the pain
will get a lot worse before 2020, which is one of the main reasons we are
having a general election.
Rubbish, we're paying so currency speculators can make enough money to
get a new Porsche.
The speculators got burned by the vote. Moreover the pound has been down over 10% for nearly a year - that is NOT speculation!
Relative to what, and why choose that as the base level for comparison?
Exchange rates go up, exchange rates go down. It's the nature of the beast.

http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=GBP&to=EUR&view=10Y

But who dictates exchange rates anyway, and how? Perhaps you can tell
us because it's a bit of a mystery to those who are uninitiated.

Why should exchange rates have changed anyway? We haven't left the EU,
we're still full members, we pay our subs and have all the benefits and
disadvantages of membership. Nothing has altered. The FTSE 100 is at
an all-time high, and economy progresses smoothly with none of the
catastrophes that were predicted by those disappointed with the
referendum result.

Besides, a lower exchange rate helps all British exporters, making them
more competitive.
Only if judged by the price of cheap Spanish plonk apparently.
2017-05-19 13:15:07 UTC
Post by Norman Wells
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Mike Swift
Post by R. Mark Clayton
[...]
Exchange rates reflect anticipated future events.
Except where they have to pay more for imported components.
The Peeler
2017-05-19 14:29:07 UTC
On Fri, 19 May 2017 06:15:07 -0700, serbian bitch Razovic, the resident
Post by Norman Wells
Why should exchange rates have changed anyway? We haven't left the EU,
we're still full members, we pay our subs and have all the benefits and
disadvantages of membership. Nothing has altered.
Exchange rates reflect anticipated future events.
Somewhat like your psychotic output reflects that you anticipate that you'll
NEVER again leave your dark stinking room, you abnormal housebound idiot?
<BG>

2017-05-19 15:57:23 UTC
In article <***@4ax.com>,
a shiteating cowardly nazoid sub-louse PEDO named Andrew "Andrzej"
Except where they have to pay more for imported components.
LOL! Like the defective, pirated software you used to peddle in London,
old pedo?...

<quote>

Original Microsoft CD in jewel case with CD key sticker on the back.
Full version.
GBP 30=00 incl recorded delivery postage.
(sorry, spamtrap in original message)
e-mail to: ***@ukgateway.net

</quote>
Optimist
2017-05-20 07:51:39 UTC
Post by Norman Wells
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Post by Mike Swift
Post by R. Mark Clayton
[...]
Sterling has fallen because, after the referendum, Osborne's pal, Mark Carney, cut interest rates
(already at a record low) to an even lower rate, and printed a lot more money into the bargain.

http://www.avg.com

Fredxxx
2017-05-19 11:48:33 UTC
Post by Omega
The pound has crashed through the $1:30 barrier.
But of course, upwards.
omega
Trump's antics is causing a loss of confidence in the dollar.
Sterling is still down over 10% from its pre-vote level.
Inflation is rising.
At Aldi my preferred [Spanish] wine just had its third price increase
this year and is up 13% on it pre-referendum price.
Hopefully discouraging imports, seems to be working given all that wining.
Post by R. Mark Clayton
The Brit's have been paying for the leave vote for nearly a year, but
the pain will get a lot worse before 2020, which is one of the main
reasons we are having a general election.
My salary is based on world demand. So a drop in the pound is good news
for me.