Hungrey Children
2018-08-09 13:10:07 UTC
Just reading this article in the Newstatemen by a Labour MEP called Rory
Palmer and he is getting shirty that a £200,000 impact study has been
commission to look at 'austerity' instead of spending the money on
feeding children in the summer holidays.

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/staggers/2018/08/brexit-will-mean-
even-hungrier-children-summer-holidays

or

http://tinyurl.com/y7epyrhg

I can understand that there are emergences, illness and sudden loss of
job, but the claim is that entire communities are starving their kids.
So surely we need a study to find out why all these children are not
being fed while they are on school hols because it beats the shit out of
me.

We need to find out if it is deliberate neglect (unlikely), inability to
cook (possible), inability to budget (probable) or what, and then we
need to spend some money on doing something about it.

Whining and blaming Brexit (yes, he blames Brexit) and volunteer feeder
groups is simply not useful in the longer term and it certainly does not
lead to getting proper food fed to children by their parents.

And while I am no fan of Jack Monroe's politics, her website is
brilliant and, living on a budget as I do, use it myself -

https://cookingonabootstrap.com/

Note - Newstatemen articles can be read using Chrome's incognito setting
when the free accesses have been used up.
Yellow
2018-08-09 13:34:43 UTC
In article <***@News.Individual.NET>,
***@none.com.invalid says...

Shitsack Moishe Goldberg
2018-08-09 14:44:23 UTC
In article <***@News.Individual.NET>,
***@none.com.invalid says...

> Just reading this article in the Newstatemen by a Labour MEP called Rory
> Palmer and he is getting shirty that a £200,000 impact study has been
> commission to look at 'austerity' instead of spending the money on
> feeding children in the summer holidays.
>
> https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/staggers/2018/08/brexit-will-mean-
> even-hungrier-children-summer-holidays
>
> or
>
> http://tinyurl.com/y7epyrhg
>

> I can understand that there are emergences, illness and sudden loss of
> job, but the claim is that entire communities are starving their kids.
> So surely we need a study to find out why all these children are not
> being fed while they are on school hols because it beats the shit out of
> me.
>
> We need to find out if it is deliberate neglect (unlikely), inability to
> cook (possible), inability to budget (probable) or what, and then we
> need to spend some money on doing something about it.
>
> Whining and blaming Brexit (yes, he blames Brexit) and volunteer feeder
> groups is simply not useful in the longer term and it certainly does not
> lead to getting proper food fed to children by their parents.

Nor does it explain the epidemic of childhood obesity that we hear so
much about.
Yellow
2018-08-09 16:21:20 UTC
In article <***@eu.news.astraweb.com>,
***@yahoo.fr says...

That is a very good point.
Fredxx
2018-08-09 18:39:09 UTC
On 09/08/2018 17:21, Yellow wrote:
> In article <***@eu.news.astraweb.com>,
> ***@yahoo.fr says...
>>
>> In article <***@News.Individual.NET>,
>> ***@none.com.invalid says...
>>>
>>> Just reading this article in the Newstatemen by a Labour MEP called Rory
>>> Palmer and he is getting shirty that a £200,000 impact study has been
>>> commission to look at 'austerity' instead of spending the money on
>>> feeding children in the summer holidays.
>>>
>>> https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/staggers/2018/08/brexit-will-mean-
>>> even-hungrier-children-summer-holidays
>>>
>>> or
>>>
>>> http://tinyurl.com/y7epyrhg
>>>

>>> I can understand that there are emergences, illness and sudden loss of
>>> job, but the claim is that entire communities are starving their kids.
>>> So surely we need a study to find out why all these children are not
>>> being fed while they are on school hols because it beats the shit out of
>>> me.
>>>
>>> We need to find out if it is deliberate neglect (unlikely), inability to
>>> cook (possible), inability to budget (probable) or what, and then we
>>> need to spend some money on doing something about it.
>>>
>>> Whining and blaming Brexit (yes, he blames Brexit) and volunteer feeder
>>> groups is simply not useful in the longer term and it certainly does not
>>> lead to getting proper food fed to children by their parents.
>>
>> Nor does it explain the epidemic of childhood obesity that we hear so
>> much about.
>
> That is a very good point.

I was going to make the same point. For evidence look at Figure 2 on
page 15.
http://healthsurvey.hscic.gov.uk/media/63769/HSE2016-Child-health.pdf
The Peeler
2018-08-09 16:51:55 UTC
On Thu, 9 Aug 2018 07:44:23 -0700, serbian bitch Razovic, the resident
of herself as "Shitsack Moishe Goldberg", farted again:

>> Whining and blaming Brexit (yes, he blames Brexit) and volunteer feeder
>> groups is simply not useful in the longer term and it certainly does not
>> lead to getting proper food fed to children by their parents.
>
> Nor does it explain the epidemic of childhood obesity that we hear so
> much about.

Nor does it explain your insuperable idiocy, poor psycho!

psychopath, aka "The Rectum":

she can't get out of the house anymore,
she got NOBODY to talk to anymore,
she can't FUCK anymore,
she got no life outside Usenet AT ALL!
R. Mark Clayton
2018-08-11 09:59:29 UTC
On Thursday, 9 August 2018 14:10:09 UTC+1, Yellow wrote:
> Just reading this article in the Newstatemen by a Labour MEP called Rory
> Palmer and he is getting shirty that a £200,000 impact study has been
> commission to look at 'austerity' instead of spending the money on
> feeding children in the summer holidays.
>
> https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/staggers/2018/08/brexit-will-mean-
> even-hungrier-children-summer-holidays
>
> or
>
> http://tinyurl.com/y7epyrhg

AIUI all but [rich] parents on well over the higher rate threshold get child benefit of £20pw for the first child and £13 for subsequent ones as of right.

Easily enough IMO to feed an adult well for a week.

If parents are not spending this money of food for their children during the holidays then they should be charged with neglect.
Norman Wells
2018-08-11 10:46:49 UTC
On 11/08/2018 10:59, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
> On Thursday, 9 August 2018 14:10:09 UTC+1, Yellow wrote:
>> Just reading this article in the Newstatemen by a Labour MEP called Rory
>> Palmer and he is getting shirty that a £200,000 impact study has been
>> commission to look at 'austerity' instead of spending the money on
>> feeding children in the summer holidays.
>>
>> https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/staggers/2018/08/brexit-will-mean-
>> even-hungrier-children-summer-holidays
>>
>> or
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/y7epyrhg
>
> AIUI all but [rich] parents on well over the higher rate threshold get child benefit of £20pw for the first child and £13 for subsequent ones as of right.
>
> Easily enough IMO to feed an adult well for a week.

What? With just a Papa John's small pizza from Dominos costing £14.53?

> If parents are not spending this money of food for their children during the holidays then they should be charged with neglect.

No, we should just eliminate child benefit entirely. Why should anyone
be subsidised with my money to have their brats?
Pamela
2018-08-11 12:16:11 UTC
On 11:46 11 Aug 2018, Norman Wells wrote:

> On 11/08/2018 10:59, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
>> On Thursday, 9 August 2018 14:10:09 UTC+1, Yellow wrote:
>>> Just reading this article in the Newstatemen by a Labour MEP
>>> called Rory Palmer and he is getting shirty that a £200,000
>>> impact study has been commission to look at 'austerity' instead
>>> of spending the money on feeding children in the summer
>>> holidays.
>>>
>>> https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/staggers/2018/08/
>>> brexit-will-mean- even-hungrier-children-summer-holidays
>>>
>>> or
>>>
>>> http://tinyurl.com/y7epyrhg
>>
>> AIUI all but [rich] parents on well over the higher rate
>> threshold get child benefit of £20pw for the first child and
>> £13 for subsequent ones as of right.
>>
>> Easily enough IMO to feed an adult well for a week.
>
> What? With just a Papa John's small pizza from Dominos costing
> £14.53?

A full size Four Cheese Deep Pan pizza from Asda is £1.00 and has as
much nutrition.
Shitsack Moishe Goldberg
2018-08-11 12:32:42 UTC
In article <***@81.171.92.183>, ***@gmail.com
says...

> On 11:46 11 Aug 2018, Norman Wells wrote:

> >> AIUI all but [rich] parents on well over the higher rate
> >> threshold get child benefit of £20pw for the first child and
> >> £13 for subsequent ones as of right.
> >>
> >> Easily enough IMO to feed an adult well for a week.
> >
> > What? With just a Papa John's small pizza from Dominos costing
> > £14.53?
>
> A full size Four Cheese Deep Pan pizza from Asda is £1.00 and has as
> much nutrition.

Poor people can't be bothered to actually shop for something and cook
it. They want it ready NOW!
The Peeler
2018-08-11 15:10:53 UTC
On Sat, 11 Aug 2018 05:32:42 -0700, serbian bitch Razovic, the resident
of herself as "Shitsack Moishe Goldberg", farted again:

>>> What? With just a Papa John's small pizza from Dominos costing
>>> £14.53?
>>
>> A full size Four Cheese Deep Pan pizza from Asda is £1.00 and has as
>> much nutrition.
>
> Poor people can't be bothered to actually shop for something and cook
> it. They want it ready NOW!

Can't they, poor blithering psycho? <BG>

"Assholes come
Assholes go
But the revd asshole goes on forever.
(and he speaks through it)"
2018-08-11 14:56:43 UTC
On Thursday, 9 August 2018 14:10:09 UTC+1, Yellow wrote:
> Just reading this article in the Newstatemen by a Labour MEP called Rory
> Palmer and he is getting shirty that a £200,000 impact study has been
> commission to look at 'austerity' instead of spending the money on
> feeding children in the summer holidays.
>
> https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/staggers/2018/08/brexit-will-mean-
> even-hungrier-children-summer-holidays
>
> or
>
> http://tinyurl.com/y7epyrhg
>

> I can understand that there are emergences, illness and sudden loss of
> job, but the claim is that entire communities are starving their kids.
> So surely we need a study to find out why all these children are not
> being fed while they are on school hols because it beats the shit out of
> me.
>
> We need to find out if it is deliberate neglect (unlikely), inability to
> cook (possible), inability to budget (probable) or what, and then we
> need to spend some money on doing something about it.
>
> Whining and blaming Brexit (yes, he blames Brexit) and volunteer feeder
> groups is simply not useful in the longer term and it certainly does not
> lead to getting proper food fed to children by their parents.
>

> And while I am no fan of Jack Monroe's politics, her website is
> brilliant and, living on a budget as I do, use it myself -
>
> https://cookingonabootstrap.com/
>

> Note - Newstatemen articles can be read using Chrome's incognito setting
> when the free accesses have been used up.

The (often "single") parents are brain dead and have no idea about money, priorities or how to run a household.
Media heightens their expectations to a lifestyle they can't afford.
CHAVs.
They spend their money on beer, fags and smartphones.
Shitsack Moishe Goldberg
2018-08-11 17:30:22 UTC
In article <4f754703-8e52-43d0-abfe-***@googlegroups.com>,
***@gmail.com says...

And overpriced but convenient 'fast food'.
The Peeler
2018-08-11 19:45:00 UTC
On Sat, 11 Aug 2018 10:30:22 -0700, serbian bitch Razovic, the resident

--
Avenging Angel to dumb anal Razovic:
"You however are a stain on humanity that needs to be bleached out."