Disposing Of Abandoned Cars
2018-05-13 17:34:03 UTC
In surrounding our block of flats there is quite a large car park. Locals have taken to dumping cars in there. Someone said that the law has changed recently and cars dumped on private land can now be (must be?) disposed of by the local Council. Par for the course the managing agents and freeholder don't give a damn. But the cars are attracting vandals and other cars are being keyed and broken into. Thank you.
harry
2018-05-13 18:00:06 UTC
Post by C
In surrounding our block of flats there is quite a large car park. Locals have taken to dumping cars in there. Someone said that the law has changed recently and cars dumped on private land can now be (must be?) disposed of by the local Council. Par for the course the managing agents and freeholder don't give a damn. But the cars are attracting vandals and other cars are being keyed and broken into. Thank you.
Very interesting.
What is your point/question?
2018-05-13 18:51:11 UTC
Someone said that the law has changed recently and that cars dumped on private land can now be (must be?) disposed of by the local Council. Is this right or is it still the job of the managing agents? Thank you.
tim...
AIUI it was never the job of managing agents and nothing has changed.
harry
2018-05-14 06:15:37 UTC
Post by C
In surrounding our block of flats there is quite a large car park. Locals have taken to dumping cars in there. Someone said that the law has changed recently and cars dumped on private land can now be (must be?) disposed of by the local Council. Par for the course the managing agents and freeholder don't give a damn. But the cars are attracting vandals and other cars are being keyed and broken into. Thank you.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/abandoned-vehicles-council-responsibilities

There you are. Took me ten seconds to find.