Boris Johnson's turn to have a diabetic crisis
The Todal
2017-06-21 21:54:42 UTC
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jun/21/hang-on-a-second-boris-johnson-flounders-on-interview-circuit

Seriously, can you imagine this chap as Foreign Secretary? Really?
Norman Wells
2017-06-22 08:40:43 UTC
Post by The Todal
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jun/21/hang-on-a-second-boris-johnson-flounders-on-interview-circuit
Seriously, can you imagine this chap as Foreign Secretary? Really?
At least he didn't make up numbers on the spot. And he was being asked
not about foreign affairs but about things outside his remit.

When he's Prime Minister you can ask him anything. Then it would be his
Queen's Speech and he might be expected to know everything in it.

But I'd much rather have someone who makes it clear he can't answer than
one who makes it up as she goes along.

Wouldn't you?
Judith
2017-06-22 09:23:23 UTC
On Thu, 22 Jun 2017 09:40:43 +0100, Norman Wells <***@unseen.ac.am> wrote:

<snip>

I loved the way that he was totally prepared for the interview - although he
perhaps he had dozed off in the PM's speech so maybe didn't hear it and wasn't
that well prepared.

Unless he thought it actually was a Britain's Got Talent for a new Two Ronnies
sketch.

Of course he may have been taught at Eton that you could answer the questions
in any order.

Excellent value though : bringing "certainty" to the Government.
Norman Wells
2017-06-22 11:43:52 UTC
Post by Judith
I loved the way that he was totally prepared for the interview - although he
perhaps he had dozed off in the PM's speech so maybe didn't hear it and wasn't
that well prepared.
Well, it wasn't the most riveting and exciting, was it? And it's always
so vague, no-one ever really knows what it means. There are no details.
Post by Judith
Unless he thought it actually was a Britain's Got Talent for a new Two Ronnies
sketch.
Of course he may have been taught at Eton that you could answer the questions
in any order.
Excellent value though : bringing "certainty" to the Government.
No, you're out of touch again. It's 'humility and resolve' now.

Haven't you been paying attention either?
Judith
2017-06-22 14:24:23 UTC
Post by Judith
Unless he thought it actually was a Britain's Got Talent for a new Two Ronnies
sketch.
Of course he may have been taught at Eton that you could answer the questions
in any order.
Excellent value though : bringing "certainty" to the Government.
No, you're out of touch again. It's 'humility and resolve' now.
Haven't you been paying attention either?
Thanks Norman : I had not realised that "certainty" had been abandoned.