Ironic or what?
Mike Swift
2018-01-17 11:53:08 UTC
Twenty-five years after the murder of Stephen Lawrence some police
forces are still institutionally racist, a black officers' leader has
said.

National Black Police Association (NBPA) president Tola Munro said
forces needed to do more to recruit black and minority ethnic (BME)
officers.

Figures show 6.3% of police officers in England and Wales are BME,
compared to 14% of the population.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-42702432

So an institution that by its very name is racist is accusing another of
being the same, you couldn't make it up.

Perhaps they just don't want to join the police.

Mike
Yorkshire Halvard Lange
R. Mark Clayton
2018-01-17 17:11:20 UTC
Post by Mike Swift
Twenty-five years after the murder of Stephen Lawrence some police
forces are still institutionally racist, a black officers' leader has
said.
National Black Police Association (NBPA) president Tola Munro said
forces needed to do more to recruit black and minority ethnic (BME)
officers.
Figures show 6.3% of police officers in England and Wales are BME,
compared to 14% of the population.
<12% of the adult population.
I wanted to join the Met', but they wouldn't have me - too honest apparently...
Phi
Remember Planet of the apes
tim...
2018-01-17 17:29:10 UTC
Twenty-five years after the murder of Stephen Lawrence some police forces
are still institutionally racist, a black officers' leader has said.
National Black Police Association (NBPA) president Tola Munro said forces
needed to do more to recruit black and minority ethnic (BME) officers.
Figures show 6.3% of police officers in England and Wales are BME,
compared to 14% of the population.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-42702432
So an institution that by its very name is racist is accusing another of
being the same, you couldn't make it up.
Perhaps they just don't want to join the police.
ITYF that this is a big part of the problem

tim
Brian Reay
2018-01-18 09:13:09 UTC
Post by Mike Swift
Twenty-five years after the murder of Stephen Lawrence some police
forces are still institutionally racist, a black officers' leader has said.
National Black Police Association (NBPA) president Tola Munro said
forces needed to do more to recruit black and minority ethnic (BME)
officers.
Figures show 6.3% of police officers in England and Wales are BME,
compared to 14% of the population.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-42702432
So an institution that by its very name is racist is accusing another of
being the same, you couldn't make it up.
Perhaps they just don't want to join the police.
It would be more meaningful to compare the numbers for those who meet
the qualification requirements, those who apply, and those who are
admitted.

If there is evidence of one group being treated differently in those
numbers, then there may be bias.

However, if people from certain groups are not applying, for whatever
reason, or lack the qualifications required, it is hardly surprising
they will be less prominent in those who succeed.
are depriving those in real need!

https://www.gov.uk/report-benefit-fraud