Fucking stupid Tory candidate
2017-05-15 09:59:38 UTC
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/general-election-2017-james-heappey-tory-mp-referendum-scottish-national-party-a7735311.html

A Tory MP told a girl to "f*** off back to Scotland" when she said she'd
vote for independence if a second referendum was triggered.

James Heappey's outburst came as he addressed sixth-formers at the
£12,000-a-year Millfield School in Somerset.

The Conservative, who is contesting the seat of Wells, asked the
children for their views as they discussed the topic of Scottish
independence. When one girl said she'd vote to leave the UK, Mr Heappey,
36, replied: "Why don't you f*** off back to Scotland?"
ADVERTISING
inRead invented by Teads

The teenager left the meeting and complained to her father, who supports
the Scottish National Party.

Mr Heappey has since sent her a written apology and insists he was
joking. He told the Sunday Mirror: "I made a comment – intended only as
a joke – but it was inappropriate and I am deeply sorry for any offence
caused.
Incubus
He has a point, though. If she and her father support the SNP and want an independent Scotland, why are they living in England?
JNugent
2017-05-15 15:34:52 UTC
Post by Incubus
Post by The Todal
[...]
Hmmm... I live in England and I'd like to see an independent Scotland,
though I'd call it an independent England.

The other point is that the school takes day pupils annd boarders, so
the girl may well officially reaside in Scotland. That wouldn't make her
"points" any better in England, though.

http://www.avg.com
harry
They want Scotland to be under Nazi heel!
pullgees
Our education system is doing a fine job at creating Great Britain haters.
Yellow
2017-05-15 13:40:05 UTC
In article <***@mid.individual.net>, ***@icloud.com
says...
Post by The Todal
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/general-election-2017-james-heappey-tory-mp-referendum-scottish-national-party-a7735311.html
A Tory MP told a girl to "f*** off back to Scotland" when she said she'd
vote for independence if a second referendum was triggered.
James Heappey's outburst came as he addressed sixth-formers at the
£12,000-a-year Millfield School in Somerset.
The Conservative, who is contesting the seat of Wells, asked the
children for their views as they discussed the topic of Scottish
independence. When one girl said she'd vote to leave the UK, Mr Heappey,
36, replied: "Why don't you f*** off back to Scotland?"
ADVERTISING
inRead invented by Teads
The teenager left the meeting and complained to her father, who supports
the Scottish National Party.
So they live in England but think Scotland should be independent? Nice.
Post by The Todal
Mr Heappey has since sent her a written apology and insists he was
joking. He told the Sunday Mirror: "I made a comment ? intended only as
a joke ? but it was inappropriate and I am deeply sorry for any offence
caused.
I sure it was a joke and it sounds like the kid is being used by her
father to shit stir.
The Todal
2017-05-15 14:56:51 UTC
says...
Post by The Todal
Mr Heappey has since sent her a written apology and insists he was
joking. He told the Sunday Mirror: "I made a comment ? intended only as
a joke ? but it was inappropriate and I am deeply sorry for any offence
caused.
I sure it was a joke and it sounds like the kid is being used by her
father to shit stir.
Yes, it's a hilarious joke and I hope that Theresa May will use it
repeatedly during her rare encounters with the voters as she plods the
campaign trail.
JNugent
2017-05-15 15:36:06 UTC
says...
Post by The Todal
[...]
Not necessarily.

She may live in Scotland and she may be a boarder. That would, of
course, indicate a lack of confidence in Scottish education on her
parents' part.

http://www.avg.com
Handsome Jack
2017-05-15 18:04:17 UTC
Post by JNugent
Post by Yellow
says...
Post by The Todal
[...]
Perhaps the English taxpayer is paying for her daughter's attendance at
an English private school, just as they do for Scots' enrolment in
universities free of all charges.
Jack
Fredxxx
2017-05-15 20:44:05 UTC
says...
Post by The Todal
[...]
I'm English, live in England but would also like Scotland to be independent.

In short, what's wrong with having an opinion of another country's
independence?