Street preachers convicted for quoting Bible [UK]
Add Reply
Dr. Jai Maharaj
2017-03-04 02:13:30 UTC
Street preachers convicted for quoting Bible

jlpressagency.com
Friday, March 3, 2017

http://jlpressagency.com/news-stories/News%20Stories%20201701%20onwards/201702278-Christian-Concern-Conviction.html

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

http://bit.do/jaimaharaj
Judith
2017-03-04 10:32:55 UTC
Post by Dr. Jai Maharaj
Street preachers convicted for quoting Bible
Of course they weren't actually convicted for quoting the Bible:

Two street preachers who told Muslims their God "did not exist" and called a
crowd of shoppers "animals" have been fined £300 each.

The court heard homophobic comments were also made to those in the crowd.

Michael Overd, 52, and American Michael Stockwell, 50, have been convicted of a
religiously aggravated public order offence over their sermons to shoppers.

Ch Insp Andy Williams said: "The police have to strike the balance between the
right to freedom of expression and free speech and behaviour that causes a
member of the public to feel harassed, alarmed or distressed as a result of
what is said or done.

"The court has determined that these men crossed that line and used their
platform to comment on other religions and sexuality using disparaging and
offensive language.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-39118846
Svenne
2017-03-04 19:18:46 UTC
Post by Judith
"The court has determined that these men crossed that line and used
their platform to comment on other religions and sexuality using
disparaging and offensive language.
As a left wing liberal I fully defend the right of anyone to believe
whatever demented garbage they please. But since the craziness echoing
around inside their skulls, whether it is the crap invented by the
murdering warlord and rapist Muhammad or the insanities dreamt up by the
science fiction writer and con man L Ron Hubbard, also belong in the
realm of ideas I don't see why I should be legally deprived of the right
to call their lunatic ideas for what they are.

Although I think the law may be a bit unclear on this point. I think I
might well get away with calling L Ron Hubbard's or even Joseph Smith's
or the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Societies gibberish for the mentally
retarded shit that it is, but if I should happen to include Muhammad's
garbage in the same list I could well fall foul of the law.

A strange position to be in for someone who is a resolute and
uncompromising defender of the above mentioned retards right to believe
whatever idiotic tripe they like.
burfordTjustice
2017-03-04 20:06:32 UTC
and left wing liberals believe the most demented garbage.
Svenne
2017-03-04 21:30:08 UTC
Post by Svenne
As a left wing liberal I fully defend the right of anyone to believe
whatever demented garbage they please.
and left wing liberals believe the most demented garbage.
Strangely enough I'm regarded as an intolerant, racist and islamophobic
neo nazi nowadays despite not changing my liberal ideals one bit during
the last few decades.
Mr. B1ack
2017-03-05 03:31:54 UTC
Post by Svenne
As a left wing liberal I fully defend the right of anyone to believe
whatever demented garbage they please.
and left wing liberals believe the most demented garbage.
Strangely enough I'm regarded as an intolerant, racist and islamophobic
neo nazi nowadays despite not changing my liberal ideals one bit during
the last few decades.
What is now called "liberal" is just WAY out there in
NeverNeverLand. Yesterdays more literal Liberals
are not invited.
Svenne
2017-03-05 06:42:33 UTC
Post by Svenne
As a left wing liberal I fully defend the right of anyone to believe
whatever demented garbage they please.
and left wing liberals believe the most demented garbage.
Strangely enough I'm regarded as an intolerant, racist and islamophobic
neo nazi nowadays despite not changing my liberal ideals one bit during
the last few decades.
What is now called "liberal" is just WAY out there in NeverNeverLand.
Yesterdays more literal Liberals are not invited.
I've noticed that. Liberalism today has nothing to do with John Stuart
Mill and the ideas of the enlightenment. It seems to have totally flipped
out into post modern and cultural relativist craziness.

Nowadays if you want to see a swivel-eyed dingbat spouting demented
garbage on acid just look at a liberal, and that is from someone who has
always regarded himself as a liberal.
Mr. B1ack
2017-03-06 07:01:29 UTC
Post by Svenne
Post by Svenne
As a left wing liberal I fully defend the right of anyone to believe
whatever demented garbage they please.
and left wing liberals believe the most demented garbage.
Strangely enough I'm regarded as an intolerant, racist and islamophobic
neo nazi nowadays despite not changing my liberal ideals one bit during
the last few decades.
What is now called "liberal" is just WAY out there in NeverNeverLand.
Yesterdays more literal Liberals are not invited.
I've noticed that. Liberalism today has nothing to do with John Stuart
Mill and the ideas of the enlightenment. It seems to have totally flipped
out into post modern and cultural relativist craziness.
Nowadays if you want to see a swivel-eyed dingbat spouting demented
garbage on acid just look at a liberal, and that is from someone who has
always regarded himself as a liberal.
I tend to discriminate between bona-fide liberal "liberals"
and todays brand-name "Liberals" ... it's an important
distinction.

Frankly, todays "Liberals" should be arrested for violation
of the Truth In Labeling Act .........
Svenne
2017-03-06 07:18:32 UTC
Post by Mr. B1ack
Post by Svenne
Nowadays if you want to see a swivel-eyed dingbat spouting demented
garbage on acid just look at a liberal, and that is from someone who has
always regarded himself as a liberal.
I tend to discriminate between bona-fide liberal "liberals"
and todays brand-name "Liberals" ... it's an important distinction.
Frankly, todays "Liberals" should be arrested for violation of the
Truth In Labeling Act .........
Exactly. I think they should be taken into custody and sent to a safe
space full of nice people in white coats for both their own and society's
protection where they would be cared for until they are deemed safe to
release back into society.
Mr. B1ack
2017-03-07 13:53:16 UTC
Post by Svenne
Post by Mr. B1ack
Post by Svenne
Nowadays if you want to see a swivel-eyed dingbat spouting demented
garbage on acid just look at a liberal, and that is from someone who has
always regarded himself as a liberal.
I tend to discriminate between bona-fide liberal "liberals"
and todays brand-name "Liberals" ... it's an important distinction.
Frankly, todays "Liberals" should be arrested for violation of the
Truth In Labeling Act .........
Exactly. I think they should be taken into custody and sent to a safe
space full of nice people in white coats for both their own and society's
protection where they would be cared for until they are deemed safe to
release back into society.
Hmm .... there was a weird movie back in the 60s
that sounded kind of like that ... had Shelly Winters
in it ... but in that case the rad-hippies sent all the
old squares to concentration camps and kept 'em
happy & harmless with a daily dose of LSD dispensed
from gas pumps.

Ah ... "Wild in the Streets".

These days ... just send the worst lefties off to
California - and then remove it from the union. :-)

Is there anything in the constitution that forbids
REMOVING a state ? Don't think so ....

I'm sure the Peoples Republic Of California would
do just FINE under leftist control, leftist 'economics' ....

Altroy1
2017-03-05 16:23:45 UTC
Post by Svenne
Post by Judith
[...]
Perhaps because this cannot be and is not merely an issue of
free speech or belief. The question in law for law
enforcement is to consider whether words used are likely to
lead to a breach of the peace.

My personal belief is that religious matters are not for
state enforcement nor for enforcement through party
manifestos. Religious beliefs particularly relating to start
and end of life issues can still guide the votes of
individuals in parliament acting without theocratic diktats
from their parties or other state or semi-state forces.

That aside it there is clearly a difference between telling
a Jehovahs Witness that their religion is fake and telling
the same to a Muslim. The former is unlikely to lead to a
breach of a peace whilst the latter is more likely. The
possibility of a breach of the peace is a legitimate
criteria for law enforcement to consider. I am not and never
been a Muslim but I do take the view that the so called
West has been making a business of regime change + bombing
seven Muslim countries. Maybe the west might want to consider
the consequences including a swamp of bitterness which is
currently radicalising the Muslim faith reducing that
faith's ability to see any criticism as other than a
"crusade" with all its historical connotations.
Tom G
2017-03-04 21:43:16 UTC
Post by Judith
Post by Dr. Jai Maharaj
Street preachers convicted for quoting Bible
Two street preachers who told Muslims their God "did not exist" and called a
crowd of shoppers "animals" have been fined £300 each.
£300 fine sounds about right so why did Kevin Chrehan get 12 months?
Both were having a go at Muslims.
GB
2017-03-05 12:30:20 UTC
Post by Tom G
£300 fine sounds about right so why did Kevin Chrehan get 12 months?
Both were having a go at Muslims.
I don't know anything about Kevin's case, but the usual reasons would be:

a) Different gravity of offence. You'd expect the BrinksMat robbers to
get longer sentences than a shoplifter, but they are both thefts.

b) Kevin had previous.