LONDONISTAN MAYOR SLAMS FREE SPEECH AT SXSW...
2018-03-13 11:27:12 UTC
bod and poo approved!

LONDONISTAN MAYOR SLAMS FREE SPEECH AT SXSW...

London Mayor Sadiq Khan asked Facebook and Twitter to do more in combatting
hate speech during a talk at SXSW.

During the talk, he read social media hate speech about himself.

He suggested that tech companies should face fines if they don't remove hate
speech quickly.
London Mayor Sadiq Khan made a moving plea for tech companies to take on
hate speech at the annual SXSW conference in Austin, Texas, on Monday.

During his talk, the mayor read racist tweets about himself.

"I say kill the mayor of London and you'll be rid of one Muslim terrorist,"
Khan read aloud. "I'd pay for someone to execute Sadiq Kahn."

Khan, the first Muslim mayor of a Western capital city, said he read the
half a dozen tweets or so not to "be portrayed as a victim" or "ask for
sympathy, but to illustrate that big tech has further to go in making the
internet free of hate speech.

"But ask yourself this, what happens when young boys and girls from minority
backgrounds see this kind of thing on their timelines or experience this
themselves?" Kahn said.

Kahn warned that tweets like the ones addressed to him send a message to
minority children that if they don't look a certain way or subscribe to the
same establishment beliefs, they will grow up thinking there's no path for
them in high-profile careers.

"We simply must do more to protect people online," Kahn said.

Kahn urged companies like Facebook and Twitter to show "a stronger duty of
care," so that "social media platforms can live up to their promises to
connect, unify, and democratize the sharing of information and be places
where everyone feels welcomed and valued."

The London mayor offered a few recommendations. He suggested that Facebook
and Twitter remove offensive content and misinformation faster. If they
don't, he said, they should face fines.

Germany began enforcing a new rule in January that gives social media
platforms just 24 hours to decide if something is hate speech. German police
are investigating far-right politician Beatrix von Storch after she
described Muslims as "barbarians" on Facebook and Twitter.

Kahn said he expects Londoners to pressure their representatives to create a
similar rule.

"This isn't about depriving people of free speech - this is about inciting
hatred," Kahn said. "This is about things that divide our community."
p-0''0-h the cat (coder)
2018-03-13 12:00:21 UTC
On Tue, 13 Mar 2018 07:27:12 -0400, "BurfordTJustice"
Post by BurfordTJustice
bod and poo approved!
LONDONISTAN MAYOR SLAMS FREE SPEECH AT SXSW...
Hate is assault. That's why you are 'terrified' Bouffant. All the time.

<kissy>

Sent from my iFurryUnderbelly.
--
p-0.0-h the cat

NewsGroups Numbrer One Terrorist

By Appointment to God Frank-Lin.

Signature integrity check
md5 Checksum: be0b2a8c486d83ce7db9a459b26c4896

2018-03-13 12:07:13 UTC
Post by BurfordTJustice
bod and poo approved!
[...]
If someone is issuing threats to kill me, I don't want them filtered, I want the issuer found and prosecuted for what is a criminal offence.

Why doesn't Khan set up a web censorship department if he is that keen?
BurfordTJustice
2018-03-13 12:16:52 UTC
Does not fit his agenda??

"R. Mark Clayton" <***@gmail.com> wrote in message news:f69fd805-a219-4d11-a9cb-***@googlegroups.com...
: On Tuesday, 13 March 2018 11:27:20 UTC, BurfordTJustice wrote:
: > bod and poo approved!
: >
: >
: