Filming on courtroom steps
Svenne Tvaerskaegg
2017-05-14 18:46:37 UTC
I've not paid too much attention before because it never occurred to me
it might be relevant, but I'm sure I've seen BBC TV reports from
courtroom steps about ongoing cases and even people interviewed there. I
must have been mistaken because it seems doing this is illegal, but I do
have persistent memories, not only of interviews outside courtrooms but
also of reporters chasing police vans outside courtrooms in high profile
cases and trying to film the defendants inside.

It's now reported that this activity is in fact illegal and people are
arrested and jailed for it so my memory must be faulty. Is this really
the case or is it possible my memories are correct and this is a new law:

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/former-edl-leader-tommy-robinson-
arrested-after-trying-to-film-muslims-outside-court-a3535566.html

Something else of interest about being arrested for filming on courtroom
steps is the timing of the arrest. Is it usual for the police to bang on
doors at 04.00 am and arrest people? Do the police give time for people
knocked out of their beds at four in the morning time to get dressed
before hauling them off to the cells? What if their children are
frightened and crying after being woken up by the police banging on doors
in the middle of the night, are the people being arrested allowed to take
time to comfort them?

It would be of interest if someone with better knowledge of the law than
I have could explain.
2017-05-14 18:58:00 UTC
On Sun, 14 May 2017 18:46:37 -0000 (UTC), Svenne Tvaerskaegg
Post by Svenne Tvaerskaegg
I've not paid too much attention before because it never occurred to me
it might be relevant, but I'm sure I've seen BBC TV reports from
courtroom steps about ongoing cases and even people interviewed there. I
must have been mistaken because it seems doing this is illegal, but I do
have persistent memories, not only of interviews outside courtrooms but
also of reporters chasing police vans outside courtrooms in high profile
cases and trying to film the defendants inside.
It's now reported that this activity is in fact illegal and people are
arrested and jailed for it so my memory must be faulty. Is this really
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/former-edl-leader-tommy-robinson-
arrested-after-trying-to-film-muslims-outside-court-a3535566.html
If it was the BBC it'd be quite legal. It's only because it's the EDL
and because the Muslims are a diversity enhancing protected species.
Post by Svenne Tvaerskaegg
Something else of interest about being arrested for filming on courtroom
steps is the timing of the arrest. Is it usual for the police to bang on
doors at 04.00 am and arrest people? Do the police give time for people
knocked out of their beds at four in the morning time to get dressed
before hauling them off to the cells? What if their children are
frightened and crying after being woken up by the police banging on doors
in the middle of the night, are the people being arrested allowed to take
time to comfort them?
It would be of interest if someone with better knowledge of the law than
I have could explain.
Yes, the 4 am knock on the door is quite typical of police states. The
beneficiaries are then taken away and often never seen again.
Ted
2017-05-14 19:05:18 UTC
On 14/05/2017 19:58, jew pedophile Ron Jacobson (jew pedophile Baruch
Post by Svenne Tvaerskaegg
Something else of interest about being arrested for filming on courtroom
steps is the timing of the arrest. Is it usual for the police to bang on
doors at 04.00 am and arrest people? Do the police give time for people
knocked out of their beds at four in the morning time to get dressed
before hauling them off to the cells? What if their children are
frightened and crying after being woken up by the police banging on doors
in the middle of the night, are the people being arrested allowed to take
time to comfort them?
It would be of interest if someone with better knowledge of the law than
I have could explain.
Yes, the 4 am knock on the door is quite typical of police states. The
beneficiaries are then taken away and often never seen again.
The idea of arresting them at 4am is to catch the suspect half asleep
when they will be more likely to talk. By law a suspect must be allowed
8 hours rest before being interviewed but who is going to go to sleep
in a cell after being woke up at 4am?
2017-05-14 19:13:08 UTC
Post by Svenne Tvaerskaegg
[...]
Must be allowed??? Sleep deprivation is a known tactic used by police
states.
The Peeler
2017-05-14 19:50:10 UTC
On Sun, 14 May 2017 12:13:08 -0700, serbian bitch Razovic, the resident
Post by Ted
The idea of arresting them at 4am is to catch the suspect half asleep
when they will be more likely to talk. By law a suspect must be allowed
8 hours rest before being interviewed but who is going to go to sleep
in a cell after being woke up at 4am?
Must be allowed??? Sleep deprivation is a known tactic used by police
states.
You can't work it out, eh, you dumb serbian bitch? <G>
--
Jack G. about dumb anal Razovic:
"WOW!!! This retarded squirrel made a comment."
Sick old pedo Andrew "Andrzej" Baron (aka "Exorcist Missile")
2017-05-14 19:54:15 UTC
In article <***@4ax.com>,
a shiteating cowardly nazoid sub-louse PEDO named Andrew "Andrzej"
Please be specific, old pedo... which states exactly?
Judith
2017-05-16 16:32:25 UTC
On Sun, 14 May 2017 20:05:18 +0100, Ted <***@orange.net> wrote:

<snip>
Could you perhaps quote which law that is?
The Peeler
2017-05-14 19:06:12 UTC
On Sun, 14 May 2017 11:58:00 -0700, jew pedophile Ron Jacobson (jew
Post by Svenne Tvaerskaegg
It would be of interest if someone with better knowledge of the law than
I have could explain.
Yes, the 4 am knock on the door is quite typical of police states. The
beneficiaries are then taken away and often never seen again.
He wass asking for someone "with better knowledge of the law" NOT for the
opinion of an internationally acknowledged psychotic idiot!
--
Quotes about The Rectum:
Jimbo: "You're an abortion that should have happened."
Doug: "Your posts are nothing but written diarrhea."
Svenne Tvaerskaegg
2017-05-14 19:34:31 UTC
On Sun, 14 May 2017 11:58:00 -0700, jew pedophile Ron Jacobson (jew
Yes, the 4 am knock on the door is quite typical of police states.
That's what I've always understood. Rather unsettling it is becoming
police practice in the UK, it's surprising the media hasn't reacted to it.
2017-05-14 20:03:07 UTC
On Sun, 14 May 2017 19:34:31 -0000 (UTC), Svenne Tvaerskaegg
Post by The Peeler
On Sun, 14 May 2017 11:58:00 -0700, jew pedophile Ron Jacobson (jew
Yes, the 4 am knock on the door is quite typical of police states.
That's what I've always understood. Rather unsettling it is becoming
police practice in the UK, it's surprising the media hasn't reacted to it.
The media aren't necessarily aware that it goes on...if it's a
terrorism case, suspects are sometimes taken to so-called 'secure'
police stations and subsequently 'disappeared'. See also under
'extraordinary rendition'.

It was another police state, Argentina, that made 'disappear' into a
transitive verb.
Svenne Tvaerskaegg
2017-05-14 20:07:11 UTC
On Sun, 14 May 2017 13:03:07 -0700, jew pedophile Ron Jacobson (jew
Post by The Peeler
On Sun, 14 May 2017 11:58:00 -0700, jew pedophile Ron Jacobson (jew
Yes, the 4 am knock on the door is quite typical of police states.
That's what I've always understood. Rather unsettling it is becoming
police practice in the UK, it's surprising the media hasn't reacted to it.
The media aren't necessarily aware that it goes on...
It's in the public domain that police banged on someones door at 04.00 AM
and dragged them off to jail. I find the fact that it has not lead to a
media and political reaction as just as unsettling as it having happened.
2017-05-15 13:00:00 UTC
Post by The Peeler
On Sun, 14 May 2017 11:58:00 -0700, jew pedophile Ron Jacobson (jew
Yes, the 4 am knock on the door is quite typical of police states.
That's what I've always understood. Rather unsettling it is becoming
police practice in the UK, it's surprising the media hasn't reacted to it.
The media aren't necessarily aware that it goes on...
It's in the public domain that police banged on someones door at 04.00 AM
and dragged them off to jail.
Only the ones you hear about...
Post by Svenne Tvaerskaegg
I find the fact that it has not lead to a
media and political reaction as just as unsettling as it having happened.
Why should it be unsettling in a police state where people can be held
without charge for 14 days if arrested under the Terrorism Act and
have basically lost the right to not incriminate themselves ("You do
not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not
mention when questioned something which you later rely on in
court.....")?
The Peeler
2017-05-15 14:33:52 UTC
On Mon, 15 May 2017 06:00:00 -0700, serbian bitch Razovic, the resident
Post by Svenne Tvaerskaegg
I find the fact that it has not lead to a
media and political reaction as just as unsettling as it having happened.
Why should it be unsettling in a police state where people can be held
without charge for 14 days if arrested under the Terrorism Act and
have basically lost the right to not incriminate themselves ("You do
not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not
mention when questioned something which you later rely on in
court.....")?
STILL hoping that he hasn't yet realized what kind of a sick idiot you are,
Razovic? LOL
--
Anal Razovic's motto:
"An enema for every constipated anus."
MID: <***@4ax.com>
Sick old pedo Andrew "Andrzej" Baron (aka "Exorcist Missile")
2017-05-16 12:49:40 UTC
In article <***@4ax.com>,
a shiteating cowardly nazoid sub-louse PEDO named Andrew "Andrzej"
Why should it be unsettling in a police state where people can be held
without charge for 14 days if arrested under the Terrorism Act and
have basically lost the right to not incriminate themselves ("You do
not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not
mention when questioned something which you later rely on in
court.....")?
Better yet, why does a self-described admirer of Adolf Shitler whine
about "police states"? Well, old nazoid pedo?
Judith
2017-05-16 16:34:24 UTC
Post by The Peeler
On Sun, 14 May 2017 11:58:00 -0700, jew pedophile Ron Jacobson (jew
Yes, the 4 am knock on the door is quite typical of police states.
That's what I've always understood. Rather unsettling it is becoming
police practice in the UK, it's surprising the media hasn't reacted to it.
The media aren't necessarily aware that it goes on...
It's in the public domain that police banged on someones door at 04.00 AM
and dragged them off to jail. I find the fact that it has not lead to a
media and political reaction as just as unsettling as it having happened.
Yes - it is outrageous that the police go to someone's house to arrest them
when they are pretty certain that they'll be there.

Why on earth can't they politely knock on the door at three in the afternoon -
or even give them a ring and see if they are in.
Svenne Tvaerskaegg
2017-05-16 17:19:31 UTC
Post by The Peeler
On Sun, 14 May 2017 11:58:00 -0700, jew pedophile Ron Jacobson (jew
Yes, the 4 am knock on the door is quite typical of police states.
That's what I've always understood. Rather unsettling it is becoming
police practice in the UK, it's surprising the media hasn't reacted to it.
The media aren't necessarily aware that it goes on...
It's in the public domain that police banged on someones door at 04.00
AM and dragged them off to jail. I find the fact that it has not lead to
a media and political reaction as just as unsettling as it having
happened.
Yes - it is outrageous that the police go to someone's house to arrest
them when they are pretty certain that they'll be there.
Why on earth can't they politely knock on the door at three in the afternoon -
or even give them a ring and see if they are in.
Depends on the person and the offense. Where would you draw the line for
police banging on doors at 4am? Or maybe you don't have any objections at
all.
The Todal
2017-05-16 17:35:27 UTC
Post by The Peeler
[...]
I think they should ring the bell, wait for a reasonable time and then
use the battering ram to break down the door. That's my line. What's
your line?
Svenne Tvaerskaegg
2017-05-16 17:53:06 UTC
Post by The Peeler
[...]
My line is I wouldn't like to have lived in Nazi Germany, Soviet Russia,
North Korea or in any tin pot African or South American dictatorship. But
that's my preference, yours is apparently different.

The Peeler
2017-05-14 20:14:01 UTC
On Sun, 14 May 2017 13:03:07 -0700, serbian bitch Razovic, the resident
Post by Svenne Tvaerskaegg
That's what I've always understood. Rather unsettling it is becoming
police practice in the UK, it's surprising the media hasn't reacted to it.
The media aren't necessarily aware that it goes on...if it's a
terrorism case, suspects are sometimes taken to so-called 'secure'
police stations and subsequently 'disappeared'. See also under
'extraordinary rendition'.
It was another police state, Argentina, that made 'disappear' into a
transitive verb.
I wonder how long it will still take him to realize to what kind of a sick
idiot and psychopath he is talking. Eh, dumb anal psychotic Razovic? ;-)
--
Shadow to deviated subnormal G. Razovic:
"Your brain has yet to develop from licking mens
MID: <57584081$0$3636$b1db1813$***@news.astraweb.com>
Sick old pedo Andrew "Andrzej" Baron (aka "Exorcist Missile")
That was NOT a "police state", you silly old pedo.
Handsome Jack
2017-05-15 07:07:24 UTC
Post by The Peeler
On Sun, 14 May 2017 11:58:00 -0700, jew pedophile Ron Jacobson (jew
Yes, the 4 am knock on the door is quite typical of police states.
That's what I've always understood. Rather unsettling it is becoming
police practice in the UK, it's surprising the media hasn't reacted to it.
It has always been police practice in the UK. It's just that it isn't
generally advertised, precisely because we were always told (in the
Eastern Bloc context) that 4am raids are a mark of a police state.
Jack
Svenne Tvaerskaegg
2017-05-15 09:15:12 UTC
Post by Handsome Jack
Post by The Peeler
On Sun, 14 May 2017 11:58:00 -0700, jew pedophile Ron Jacobson (jew
Yes, the 4 am knock on the door is quite typical of police states.
That's what I've always understood. Rather unsettling it is becoming
police practice in the UK, it's surprising the media hasn't reacted to it.
It has always been police practice in the UK. It's just that it isn't
generally advertised, precisely because we were always told (in the
Eastern Bloc context) that 4am raids are a mark of a police state.
What would happen if someone didn't open the door for a gang of policemen
banging on it at 4am?

I imagine they would break it down, storm in and violently arrest all
inside.

This would make very good viewing for Tommy Robinson's handlers to put up
on Youtube. I imagine they know this even if the police and dopes like
Tommy Robinson don't.
The Todal
2017-05-15 09:47:09 UTC
Post by Handsome Jack
Post by The Peeler
On Sun, 14 May 2017 11:58:00 -0700, jew pedophile Ron Jacobson (jew
Yes, the 4 am knock on the door is quite typical of police states.
That's what I've always understood. Rather unsettling it is becoming
police practice in the UK, it's surprising the media hasn't reacted to it.
It has always been police practice in the UK. It's just that it isn't
generally advertised, precisely because we were always told (in the
Eastern Bloc context) that 4am raids are a mark of a police state.
If the police want to arrest someone or to be sure that they can find
them, 4am is plainly the most sensible time. Some people go out clubbing
until well after midnight. Many people get up early to go to work - 6am
or earlier is not at all uncommon.
Svenne Tvaerskaegg
2017-05-15 16:13:15 UTC
If the police want to arrest someone or to be sure that they can find
them, 4am is plainly the most sensible time. Some people go out clubbing
until well after midnight. Many people get up early to go to work - 6am
or earlier is not at all uncommon.
If someone is a dangerous criminal on the run, is armed and wanted for a
crime of violence and the police know of his hideout, then a 4am raid and
arrest would be in order.

Someone who lives at a permanent address, is easily accessible and is
suspected of taking pictures where he shouldn't is a different thing
entirely. It's amazing, and frightening, that you can't see the
difference.
The Todal
2017-05-15 17:29:49 UTC
Post by Svenne Tvaerskaegg
Post by The Todal
If the police want to arrest someone or to be sure that they can find
them, 4am is plainly the most sensible time. Some people go out clubbing
until well after midnight. Many people get up early to go to work - 6am
or earlier is not at all uncommon.
If someone is a dangerous criminal on the run, is armed and wanted for a
crime of violence and the police know of his hideout, then a 4am raid and
arrest would be in order.
Someone who lives at a permanent address, is easily accessible and is
suspected of taking pictures where he shouldn't is a different thing
entirely. It's amazing, and frightening, that you can't see the
difference.
I suppose if the police had made an appointment with him to take him
down to the cop-shop, there would have been a huge crowd of moronic EDL
fanatics blocking the street, shouting their racist slogans and crapping
in the gutter.
Svenne Tvaerskaegg
2017-05-15 18:12:08 UTC
Post by Svenne Tvaerskaegg
Post by The Todal
[...]
Suppose what you will. But when you start wanting to have a police state
with cops banging on doors in the middle of the night and whisking people
away to the cells for taking pictures you have gone too far.
Judith
2017-05-16 16:36:37 UTC
Post by Svenne Tvaerskaegg
Post by The Todal
[...]
Indeed - I bet is the fact that he wasn't able to attend the arrest of his hero
that pissed off Tvaerskaegg
Svenne Tvaerskaegg
2017-05-16 17:36:57 UTC
Post by Judith
Post by The Todal
Post by Svenne Tvaerskaegg
Post by The Todal
[...]
Hero? Somebody I've already called an idiot as well other things I don't
remember in this discussion?

Trouble is, unlike you, I think idiots and people I've called other
things I don't remember also have the right to be treated with basic
decency and police banging on doors at 4am and dragging people off to
jail in front of their distraught children because they took some
pictures is not what I expect from a decent police force in a decent
country.

You may well, but I don't.
Sick old pedo Andrew "Andrzej" Baron (aka "Exorcist Missile")
Why "beneficiaries", silly old pedo?
Ophelia
2017-05-14 20:21:34 UTC
"Svenne Tvaerskaegg" wrote in message news:ofa8md$g1q$***@dont-email.me...

[...]

====

I thought they did that at the end of the case, when I assume that wouldn't
be a problem?
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
Svenne Tvaerskaegg
The case was ongoing.
Ted
2017-05-14 21:16:58 UTC
Post by Svenne Tvaerskaegg
Post by Svenne Tvaerskaegg
[...]
So long as the camera isn't pointing into the court then I can see
that anything illegal has happended. It's not a crime to film a
building or anyone in a public place. Knowing Robinsons antics he will
almost certainly have been doing something stupid.
Svenne Tvaerskaegg
2017-05-14 21:41:57 UTC
Post by Svenne Tvaerskaegg
Post by Svenne Tvaerskaegg
[...]
Robinson is an idiot. He is an impulsive and stupid hothead but now he
seems to have some intelligent handlers. How well they can handle him
remains to be seen, but he can be of use to them.

The authorities aren't very smart, either, and see Robinson as a threat.
They can be relied on to do some stupid things, too.

I find this business of the police banging on doors and arresting people
at 04.00 AM very unsettling. It is police state behavior and could be of
more use to Robinsons handlers than the people who want to break him.
Ophelia
2017-05-15 10:50:55 UTC
Post by Svenne Tvaerskaegg
[...]

==

Oh dear ... When you first asked the question I thought it was general
one.
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
The Todal
2017-05-15 09:53:51 UTC
Post by Svenne Tvaerskaegg
I've not paid too much attention before because it never occurred to me
it might be relevant, but I'm sure I've seen BBC TV reports from
courtroom steps about ongoing cases and even people interviewed there. I
must have been mistaken because it seems doing this is illegal, but I do
have persistent memories, not only of interviews outside courtrooms but
also of reporters chasing police vans outside courtrooms in high profile
cases and trying to film the defendants inside.
It's now reported that this activity is in fact illegal and people are
arrested and jailed for it so my memory must be faulty. Is this really
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/former-edl-leader-tommy-robinson-
arrested-after-trying-to-film-muslims-outside-court-a3535566.html
If you actually read the report you'll see that for once, the
journalists have done a reasonably thorough job by quoting some law:
"Any filming and recording of courts and court precincts is illegal in
the UK under section 41 of the Criminal Justice Act 1925 and the
Contempt of Court Act".

It's very difficult to get copies of these statutes because the police
keep them under lock and key. If you enrol on a course to train yourself
as a lawyer or a police officer they might let you look at some of the
secret books. That's the best I can suggest, but maybe one day some
clever scientists and computer experts might devise a more effective way
of disseminating information to the masses.
Svenne Tvaerskaegg
2017-05-15 16:24:53 UTC
If you actually read the report you'll see that for once, the
"Any filming and recording of courts and court precincts is illegal in
the UK under section 41 of the Criminal Justice Act 1925 and the
Contempt of Court Act".
It still doesn't satisfy the problem of my apparently failing memory
where I recall seeing lots of news clips on the BBC and ITN where news
crews wait outside courthouses in high profile cases and film the police
vans arriving. I even have recollections of news crews following Rolf
Harris and others and filming them going into the courthouse. Is my
memory faulty or did these things happen and the BBC broke the law?
Post by The Todal
It's very difficult to get copies of these statutes because the police
keep them under lock and key. If you enrol on a course to train yourself
as a lawyer or a police officer they might let you look at some of the
secret books. That's the best I can suggest, but maybe one day some
clever scientists and computer experts might devise a more effective way
of disseminating information to the masses.
This will all be sorted out in court when the suspect, possibly still
dazed after the 4am police raid on his home, can explain himself.
Graham T
2017-05-15 17:36:02 UTC
Will Robinson be filmed going into the court?
Svenne Tvaerskaegg
2017-05-16 14:02:45 UTC
The BBC and ITV film crews can join him in the dock.
Judith
2017-05-16 16:31:11 UTC
Post by Svenne Tvaerskaegg
I've not paid too much attention before because it never occurred to me
it might be relevant, but I'm sure I've seen BBC TV reports from
courtroom steps about ongoing cases and even people interviewed there. I
must have been mistaken because it seems doing this is illegal
Feel free to share with us exactly where the EDL man was, and what he was
filming.

I'm sure you know - don't you?
Svenne Tvaerskaegg
2017-05-16 17:49:18 UTC
Post by Svenne Tvaerskaegg
I've not paid too much attention before because it never occurred to me
it might be relevant, but I'm sure I've seen BBC TV reports from
courtroom steps about ongoing cases and even people interviewed there. I
must have been mistaken because it seems doing this is illegal
Feel free to share with us exactly where the EDL man was, and what he
was filming.
I'm sure you know - don't you?
That will be sorted out in court, but where he was standing while taking
his pictures has no bearing on cops beating on his door at 4am and
dragging him off to jail in front of his family who were so brutally
woken from their sleep.