Religion
Omega
2017-03-04 19:50:54 UTC
I don't understand, why does a relatively advanced society as ours, seem
hell bent on making laws, condemning anyone who questions anothers'
religion?

I'm happy one can believe whatever the heck he wants to believe but then
laws to protect his absurd ideas from criticism from others, is absurd.

Has any one person in the history of mankind, EVER, brought proof of his
Supernatural? Religion is and always has been a condition of faith and
only faith, though often brought about by fear or conditioning from others.

If we are not allowed to criticise religion how can we ever explore truth.

How can one blaspheme an entity that does not exist?

Is religion merely a project to control and contain people daft enough
to succumb to it? Why do they let it happen?

Next time I insult your God or Prophet I want proof of his indignation
from him and not you or your imbecile ilk.

I fully expect an appearance from God himself if he feels so fucking
insulted.

omega
Yellow
Has something happened or is this just a post to get it off your chest?
Omega
2017-03-05 09:58:09 UTC
Post by Omega
[...]
Just having a Cathartic Moment, but thank you.

omega
Yellow

Just wondered if there was something I had missed in the news.
Tom G
2017-03-04 20:27:31 UTC
Post by Omega
I don't understand, why does a relatively advanced society as ours, seem
hell bent on making laws, condemning anyone who questions anothers'
religion?
I'm happy one can believe whatever the heck he wants to believe but then
laws to protect his absurd ideas from criticism from others, is absurd.
Has any one person in the history of mankind, EVER, brought proof of his
Supernatural? Religion is and always has been a condition of faith and
only faith, though often brought about by fear or conditioning from others.
If we are not allowed to criticise religion how can we ever explore truth.
How can one blaspheme an entity that does not exist?
There is ample evidence that gods exist. Start at Genesis 6:4 Nephilims.
Post by Omega
Is religion merely a project to control and contain people daft enough
to succumb to it?
The more stupid are easily fed false information.
Post by Omega
Why do they let it happen?
To a great degree the religous leaders themselves don't understand it.
omega
Let It Be
2017-03-04 22:35:07 UTC
Post by Tom G
Post by Omega
I don't understand, why does a relatively advanced society as ours,
seem hell bent on making laws, condemning anyone who questions
anothers' religion?
I'm happy one can believe whatever the heck he wants to believe but
then laws to protect his absurd ideas from criticism from others, is
absurd. Has any one person in the history of mankind, EVER, brought proof
of
his Supernatural? Religion is and always has been a condition of
faith and only faith, though often brought about by fear or
conditioning from others. If we are not allowed to criticise religion how
can we ever explore
truth. How can one blaspheme an entity that does not exist?
There is ample evidence that gods exist. Start at Genesis 6:4
Nephilims.
An utter load of cobblers! Bibles are simply novels written in such a way
that anyone who reads it can interpret it for *ANY* given situation that
suits what they are doing or have already done in the name of a non-existent
"god"
Post by Tom G
Post by Omega
Is religion merely a project to control and contain people daft
enough to succumb to it?
The more stupid are easily fed false information.
And as religion *IS* "false information" - so it must follow that you are
calling all those that believe in it *fools*.
Post by Tom G
Post by Omega
Why do they let it happen?
To a great degree the religous leaders themselves don't understand it.
So they must be fools then for accepting it when they don't understand it -
and if they really are in such a situation, why are they preaching it?

No wonder there are so many religious fanatics about committing such
atrocious crimes in the name of their so-called god!
Tom G
Fredxxx
2017-03-05 20:51:56 UTC
Post by Tom G
Post by Omega
I don't understand, why does a relatively advanced society as ours, seem
hell bent on making laws, condemning anyone who questions anothers'
religion?
I'm happy one can believe whatever the heck he wants to believe but then
laws to protect his absurd ideas from criticism from others, is absurd.
Has any one person in the history of mankind, EVER, brought proof of his
Supernatural? Religion is and always has been a condition of faith and
only faith, though often brought about by fear or conditioning from others.
If we are not allowed to criticise religion how can we ever explore truth.
How can one blaspheme an entity that does not exist?
There is ample evidence that gods exist. Start at Genesis 6:4 Nephilims.
Quite, ask any young child if they believe in father christmas.
Post by Tom G
Post by Omega
Is religion merely a project to control and contain people daft enough
to succumb to it?
The more stupid are easily fed false information.
What information? Like there is a god?

Or believing that those participating in an act of homosexuality sex
should be put to death?
Post by Tom G
Post by Omega
Why do they let it happen?
To a great degree the religous leaders themselves don't understand it.
Quite, they make it as they go along.
Post by Tom G
Post by Omega
Next time I insult your God or Prophet I want proof of his indignation
from him and not you or your imbecile ilk.
I fully expect an appearance from God himself if he feels so fucking
insulted.
That would help if god was real.

harry
2017-03-05 07:40:59 UTC
Post by Omega
[...]
Religion is a concoction by a minority so that they as priests can enjoy a life of power and wealth.
Part of it is they purport to have answers to various questions.

Eg, What happens to me when I die?

They used to have answers to science stuff in the past, now discounted by all except the totally brain dead.
burfordTjustice
2017-03-05 14:49:58 UTC
On Sat, 4 Mar 2017 19:50:54 +0000
Subject: Religion