Failure to do the utmost - precedent?
2017-11-10 17:40:13 UTC
A quarter of a millennium ago Admiral John Byng was court-martialled and shot for failing to do his utmost.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Byng#Clemency_denied_and_execution

does this in any way set a legal precedent in respect of David Davis given he appears not to have tried at all?
Yellow
2017-11-10 17:44:08 UTC
On Fri, 10 Nov 2017 09:40:13 -0800 (PST), R. Mark Clayton
Post by R. Mark Clayton
A quarter of a millennium ago Admiral John Byng was court-martialled and shot for failing to do his utmost.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Byng#Clemency_denied_and_execution
does this in any way set a legal precedent in respect of David Davis given he appears not to have tried at all?
So earlier you suggested I might like to shoot myself and now you are
suggesting the state should shoot David Davis.

What the fuck is wrong with you?
pamela
2017-11-10 18:23:40 UTC
Post by R. Mark Clayton
A quarter of a millennium ago Admiral John Byng was
court-martialled and shot for failing to do his utmost.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Byng#Clemency_denied_and_exec
ution
does this in any way set a legal precedent in respect of David
Davis given he appears not to have tried at all?
So earlier you suggested I might like to shoot myself and now
you are suggesting the state should shoot David Davis.
What the fuck is wrong with you?
Don't you understand English? He previously gave you a metaphor
equating your celebration of Brexit with a death wish. Now he
castigates David Davis for not trying hard enough and shows how this
was handled severely several hundred years ago.

I suspect there are nationals from other EU countries who understand
English better than you.
Vidcapper
2017-11-11 07:17:11 UTC
Post by R. Mark Clayton
A quarter of a millennium ago Admiral John Byng was
court-martialled and shot for failing to do his utmost.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Byng#Clemency_denied_and_exec
ution
does this in any way set a legal precedent in respect of David
Davis given he appears not to have tried at all?
So earlier you suggested I might like to shoot myself and now
you are suggesting the state should shoot David Davis.
What the fuck is wrong with you?
Don't you understand English? He previously gave you a metaphor
equating your celebration of Brexit with a death wish. Now he
castigates David Davis for not trying hard enough and shows how this
was handled severely several hundred years ago.
As recently as 70 years or so ago, people were executed for selling
their country out to another (William Joyce). So Remoaners should be
glad we no longer do that... ;)
Paul Hyett, Cheltenham
pamela

Do I complain at your comparison.... no. But Yellow gets hysterical.
Ophelia
2017-11-10 21:52:15 UTC

Post by R. Mark Clayton
A quarter of a millennium ago Admiral John Byng was court-martialled and
shot for failing to do his utmost.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Byng#Clemency_denied_and_execution
does this in any way set a legal precedent in respect of David Davis given
he appears not to have tried at all?
So earlier you suggested I might like to shoot myself and now you are
suggesting the state should shoot David Davis.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

--

Off his trolley. Brexit isn't going the way he wants.
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
Yellow
2017-11-10 22:24:11 UTC
Post by R. Mark Clayton
A quarter of a millennium ago Admiral John Byng was court-martialled and
shot for failing to do his utmost.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Byng#Clemency_denied_and_execution
does this in any way set a legal precedent in respect of David Davis given
he appears not to have tried at all?
So earlier you suggested I might like to shoot myself and now you are
suggesting the state should shoot David Davis.
What the fuck is wrong with you?
--
Off his trolley. Brexit isn't going the way he wants.
Reading other forums on the internet, there seems to be quite a few
people who are beside themselves today and it seems to be because the
leaving date is going to be put in law.

I guess it makes it real, that it really is going to happen.
Ophelia
2017-11-11 12:47:31 UTC
Post by R. Mark Clayton
A quarter of a millennium ago Admiral John Byng was court-martialled and
shot for failing to do his utmost.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Byng#Clemency_denied_and_execution
does this in any way set a legal precedent in respect of David Davis given
he appears not to have tried at all?
So earlier you suggested I might like to shoot myself and now you are
suggesting the state should shoot David Davis.
What the fuck is wrong with you?
--
Off his trolley. Brexit isn't going the way he wants.
Reading other forums on the internet, there seems to be quite a few
people who are beside themselves today and it seems to be because the
leaving date is going to be put in law.

I guess it makes it real, that it really is going to happen.

==

Excellent! Then they might get it into their thick skulls.
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
Nightjar
2017-11-11 09:17:52 UTC
A quarter of a millennium ago Admiral John Byng was court-martialled and shot for failing to do his utmost.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Byng#Clemency_denied_and_execution
does this in any way set a legal precedent in respect of David Davis given he appears not to have tried at all?
The civil Courts are not bound by decisions of a military tribunal.

Colin Bignell
Fredxxx
2017-11-11 16:00:10 UTC
A quarter of a millennium ago Admiral John Byng was court-martialled and shot for failing to do his utmost.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Byng#Clemency_denied_and_execution
does this in any way set a legal precedent in respect of David Davis given he appears not to have tried at all?
Simply falling back on WTO rules is good for me.

Why accept a divorce settlement figure without having a clue what we are
getting in return?

The longer David Davies doesn't cave in to people like you who would
willingly sell-out the UK the better.
Yellow
2017-11-11 18:51:59 UTC
Post by Fredxxx
Post by R. Mark Clayton
A quarter of a millennium ago Admiral John Byng was court-martialled and shot for failing to do his utmost.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Byng#Clemency_denied_and_execution
does this in any way set a legal precedent in respect of David Davis given he appears not to have tried at all?
Simply falling back on WTO rules is good for me.
Why accept a divorce settlement figure without having a clue what we are
getting in return?
The longer David Davies doesn't cave in to people like you who would
willingly sell-out the UK the better.
I don't think anyone is blind to the Remoaner plan which is to get the
exit bill as high as possible in the hope it will turn the public
against leaving.