Contaminated Blood
Phi
2017-05-18 18:04:09 UTC
I watched a Beeb programme the other night about how we imported factor 8 in
contaminated blood from the USA who paid anyone to give blood. This Factor 8
was used to offset the problems associated with Haemophilia. Unfortunately
the contaminated blood caused patients to contract HIV and Hepatitus 'C'.
Other countries who suffered the same disaster prosecuted their
pharmaceutical and health authorties with some of those responsible getting
prison terms. The UK is still denying responsibility although Kenneth
Clarke, Minister of State for Health (1982-85) at the time was aware of
the catastrophy unfolding.
Big Jumper
2017-05-18 21:21:44 UTC
Post by Phi
I watched a Beeb programme the other night about how we imported factor
8 in contaminated blood from the USA who paid anyone to give blood. This
Factor 8 was used to offset the problems associated with Haemophilia.
Unfortunately the contaminated blood caused patients to contract HIV and
Hepatitus 'C'. Other countries who suffered the same disaster prosecuted
their pharmaceutical and health authorties with some of those
responsible getting prison terms. The UK is still denying responsibility
although Kenneth Clarke, Minister of State for Health (1982-85) at the
time was aware of the catastrophy unfolding.
Presumbly the blood that contained HIV and Hep C were from gay men.

Ted
Not necessarily. You can catch both from any sex via bonking or fixing.
FMurtz
2017-05-19 05:56:51 UTC
Post by Ted
Post by Big Jumper
Post by Phi
I watched a Beeb programme the other night about how we imported factor
8 in contaminated blood from the USA who paid anyone to give blood. This
Factor 8 was used to offset the problems associated with Haemophilia.
Unfortunately the contaminated blood caused patients to contract HIV and
Hepatitus 'C'. Other countries who suffered the same disaster prosecuted
their pharmaceutical and health authorties with some of those
responsible getting prison terms. The UK is still denying responsibility
although Kenneth Clarke, Minister of State for Health (1982-85) at the
time was aware of the catastrophy unfolding.
Presumbly the blood that contained HIV and Hep C were from gay men.
Not necessarily. You can catch both from any sex via bonking or fixing.
Which in turn originated from unprotected anal sex.
If you take any case it will almost always have originated from
unprotected anal sex somewhere back in the history
Big Jumper

Caecilius
2017-05-19 08:58:02 UTC
Post by Big Jumper
Post by FMurtz
Post by Ted
Post by Big Jumper
Post by Phi
[...]
I'm not keen on in myself, but each to his own. Live and let live is
my motto.
Paul Cummins
2017-05-19 09:18:00 UTC
Post by FMurtz
If you take any case it will almost always have originated from
unprotected anal sex somewhere back in the history
Really?

Funny, healthcare professionals think it comes from Blood to Blood
contact, nothing to do with homosexual sex.
--
Paul Cummins - Always a NetHead
Wasting Bandwidth since 1981
Bitcoin: 1LzAJBqzoaEudhsZ14W7YrdYSmLZ5m1seZ
The Todal
2017-05-19 10:18:45 UTC
Post by Paul Cummins
Post by FMurtz
If you take any case it will almost always have originated from
unprotected anal sex somewhere back in the history
Really?
Funny, healthcare professionals think it comes from Blood to Blood
contact, nothing to do with homosexual sex.
The problem of contaminated blood clearly arose because we imported
blood from the USA.

In the UK, people give blood for free. How many people here have been
blood donors? I bet hardly any people under 50 have.

In the USA, they pay people for their blood donations and inevitably the
poorest and sickest and those with an expensive drug habit who have
shared needles with each other, sell their blood which is then sold on.

Some diseases are difficult or impossible to detect in blood. If you
donate blook in the UK you are asked if you have engaged in certain
types of risky behaviour or travelled to certain parts of the world, and
your blood may be rejected on the basis of your answers. If you aren't
expecting to make a profit from selling your blood, your answers are
more likely to be honest.
burfordTjustice
LOL like no one will lie....LOL
Fredxxx
2017-05-19 12:28:14 UTC
Post by The Todal
Some diseases are difficult or impossible to detect in blood. If you
donate blook in the UK you are asked if you have engaged in certain
types of risky behaviour or travelled to certain parts of the world,
and your blood may be rejected on the basis of your answers.
LOL like no one will lie....LOL
Given there is no financial gain in giving blood in the UK, honesty is
more likely than not.

You shouldn't judge others by your own standards, but then you're not
the sort to donate blood.
burfordTjustice
Typical...very weak...stay on the porch. LOL!!!
FMurtz
2017-05-19 13:15:51 UTC
Post by Paul Cummins
Post by FMurtz
If you take any case it will almost always have originated from
unprotected anal sex somewhere back in the history
Really?
Funny, healthcare professionals think it comes from Blood to Blood
contact, nothing to do with homosexual sex.
And the blood used had contact somewhere back in its history with
unprotected anal sex.