Will it be a hat-trick or is Boris the last to resign today?
Add Reply
MM
2018-07-09 16:35:27 UTC
In Parliament just now, putting a question to Theresa May after May's
statement to the house on the Chequers "Agreement", Mary Creagh MP
intimated that there might be a third resignation from the Cabinet
this evening.

During the 90 minutes following her statement, the Prime Minister had
to constantly bat away questions from her own side that were decidedly
confrontational. In particular, Peter Bone MP said that his normal
Saturday has for years involved canvassing with a troop of volunteers
and party workers, but last Saturday they refused to go after
digesting the Chequers Fudge for a few hours between Friday evening
and Saturday morning.

The EU is utterly flabbergasted at the turn of events in Westminster
since Friday.

So is the game now up for Mrs May?

MM
Norman Wells
2018-07-09 16:55:19 UTC
Post by MM
In Parliament just now, putting a question to Theresa May after May's
statement to the house on the Chequers "Agreement", Mary Creagh MP
intimated that there might be a third resignation from the Cabinet
this evening.
During the 90 minutes following her statement, the Prime Minister had
to constantly bat away questions from her own side that were decidedly
confrontational. In particular, Peter Bone MP said that his normal
Saturday has for years involved canvassing with a troop of volunteers
and party workers, but last Saturday they refused to go after
digesting the Chequers Fudge for a few hours between Friday evening
and Saturday morning.
How appallingly disappointing! I seem to recall though that England
were playing Sweden that afternoon, and it was enormously hot. Even if
they were keen to go out campaigning in the mid-term dog days of summer,
which I doubt, I don't think their targets would have been particularly
receptive to their blandishments.
Post by MM
The EU is utterly flabbergasted at the turn of events in Westminster
since Friday.
Is it? Who says?
No, of course not. Who is the alternative?
johnny-knowall
Ree-Smog
Norman Wells
2018-07-09 18:21:48 UTC
Post by MM
So is the game now up for Mrs May?
No, of course not. Who is the alternative?
Ree-Smog
Delightful and entertaining as that might be, I'm sure he has
considerably less support than May in the Tory party. As does Boris.
She would have to step down and not contest any leadership election for
anyone else to have a chance.
Yellow
One would assume.... Boris.
R. Mark Clayton
2018-07-09 23:18:28 UTC
There were three blind mice, but whether the third was Gove or Fox was moot.

The game is not over for May, but she is well into extra time and headed for a penalty shoot out.
MM
2018-07-10 09:09:40 UTC
On Mon, 9 Jul 2018 16:18:28 -0700 (PDT), "R. Mark Clayton"
Post by R. Mark Clayton
There were three blind mice, but whether the third was Gove or Fox was moot.
During Mrs May's statement to the house, Foxy looked utterly dejected.

MM
The Todal
2018-07-10 09:59:37 UTC
Post by R. Mark Clayton
There were three blind mice, but whether the third was Gove or Fox was moot.
During Mrs May's statement to the house, Foxy looked utterly dejected.
MM
From the Guardian:

Davis, whose departure had sealed his fate, at first appeared taken
aback that Johnson had also decided to go, suggesting he himself had
only walked because his objections to May’s plans were central to his
job. “I don’t think it’s central to the foreign secretary. It’s a pity,
but there we are.”

unquote

In other words, he sees Boris as an opportunist who is thinking mainly
of his own ambition.

Let's not forget what Boris recently said about the impact of Brexit.
"Fuck business!".