Fat porn shaming
Incubus
2018-06-12 13:21:13 UTC
A middle-aged man branded a 'sleazeball' for looking at 'fat porn' in a public
library:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5830235/Middle-aged-man-caught-watching-fat-porn-public-library-asks-filming-for.html

Surely he is just doing his bit for the body acceptance movement? When he was
told it was disgusting, it's not clear whether that means looking at porn or
the level of obesity of the women being viewed.
Ophelia

No accounting for taste. Each to his/her own .. as they say:)
johnny-knowall
2018-06-12 17:07:32 UTC
On 12 Jun 2018, Incubus wrote
(in article <pfohc9$171$***@dont-email.me>):

Don’t libraries have content filters?
Incubus
2018-06-13 08:24:26 UTC

The report states that he was able to bypass the filter.
Phi
2018-06-12 19:26:00 UTC

yes, pass filters.
Vidcapper
2018-06-13 06:16:03 UTC
On 12/06/2018 14:21, Incubus wrote:

> A middle-aged man branded a 'sleazeball' for looking at 'fat porn' in a public
> library:
>
> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5830235/Middle-aged-man-caught-watching-fat-porn-public-library-asks-filming-for.html
>
> Surely he is just doing his bit for the body acceptance movement? When he was
> told it was disgusting, it's not clear whether that means looking at porn or
> the level of obesity of the women being viewed.

Why didn't he watch his porn in private, like everyone else... ;)

Paul Hyett, Cheltenham
Joe Clanton
2018-06-13 09:10:53 UTC
On 13/06/2018 07:16, Vidcapper wrote:
> On 12/06/2018 14:21, Incubus wrote:
>
>> A middle-aged man branded a 'sleazeball' for looking at 'fat porn' in
>> a public
>> library:
>>
>> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5830235/Middle-aged-man-caught-watching-fat-porn-public-library-asks-filming-for.html
>>

>> Surely he is just doing his bit for the body acceptance movement?
>> When he was
>> told it was disgusting, it's not clear whether that means looking at
>> porn or
>> the level of obesity of the women being viewed.
>>

> Why didn't he watch his porn in private, like everyone else... ;)

Why does anyone use a computer at the library?

Why do we still have physical libraries?

It seems to be that the "crime" of secretly filming someone else's
computer session and publishing it on a national newspaper website is
much greater than the "crime" of browsing pictures of naked people on a
library pc.
johnny-knowall
2018-06-13 09:17:02 UTC
On 13 Jun 2018, Joe Clanton wrote
(in article <pfqn2s$h8i$***@dont-email.me>):

> On 13/06/2018 07:16, Vidcapper wrote:
> > On 12/06/2018 14:21, Incubus wrote:
> >
> > > A middle-aged man branded a 'sleazeball' for looking at 'fat porn' in
> > > a public
> > > library:
> > >
> > > http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5830235/Middle-aged-man-caught-watc
> > > hing-fat-porn-public-library-asks-filming-for.html
> > >

> > > Surely he is just doing his bit for the body acceptance movement?
> > > When he was
> > > told it was disgusting, it's not clear whether that means looking at
> > > porn or
> > > the level of obesity of the women being viewed.
> >
> > Why didn't he watch his porn in private, like everyone else... ;)
>
> Why does anyone use a computer at the library?
>
> Why do we still have physical libraries?

My granddaughter loves the library. She can read different books every few
weeks without having to buy them all.

Basil Jet
2018-06-13 09:25:49 UTC
On 2018\06\13 10:17, johnny-knowall wrote:
> On 13 Jun 2018, Joe Clanton wrote
> (in article <pfqn2s$h8i$***@dont-email.me>):

>>> Why didn't he watch his porn in private, like everyone else... ;)
>>
>> Why does anyone use a computer at the library?
>>
>> Why do we still have physical libraries?
>
> My granddaughter loves the library. She can read different books every few
> weeks without having to buy them all.

She could become a burglar and have the same thing.

--
Basil Jet - listening to music from 1981(G-Q) ... Gang Of Four - Gary
Numan - Glenn Branca - Grace Jones - Heaven 17 - Holger Czukay - Japan -
Schaumburg - Public Image Ltd - Pulp
Joe Clanton
2018-06-13 10:17:19 UTC

Libraries provide lending for e-readers. Doesn't she have an e-reader?
johnny-knowall
2018-06-13 13:10:00 UTC
On 13 Jun 2018, Joe Clanton wrote
(in article <pfqqve$6tg$***@dont-email.me>):

> On 13/06/2018 10:17, johnny-knowall wrote:
>

> > > Why do we still have physical libraries?
> >
> > My granddaughter loves the library. She can read different books every few
> > weeks without having to buy them all.
>
> Libraries provide lending for e-readers. Doesn't she have an e-reader?

No.

She will be 4 in July - maybe you could buy her one?