Last night's Any Questions audience roundly rejected Brexit
Add Reply
MM
2017-11-25 08:50:48 UTC
Liz Truss MP was the minister on the panel who had to respond with the
government's position on the Brexit negotiations, but the audience was
having none of it. They booed and catcalled her when she tried to
defend Brexit, and gave thundering applause to other panel members who
spoke against Brexit. If this is the mood of the country now, right
across the nation, I'd say Brexit is as good as dead.

MM
Bod
2017-11-25 09:00:58 UTC
Post by MM
Liz Truss MP was the minister on the panel who had to respond with the
government's position on the Brexit negotiations, but the audience was
having none of it. They booed and catcalled her when she tried to
defend Brexit, and gave thundering applause to other panel members who
spoke against Brexit. If this is the mood of the country now, right
across the nation, I'd say Brexit is as good as dead.
MM
It doesn't sound like there was a balanced audience.
Bod
Col
2017-11-25 09:14:49 UTC
Post by Bod
Post by MM
Liz Truss MP was the minister on the panel who had to respond with the
government's position on the Brexit negotiations, but the audience was
having none of it. They booed and catcalled her when she tried to
defend Brexit, and gave thundering applause to other panel members who
spoke against Brexit. If this is the mood of the country now, right
across the nation, I'd say Brexit is as good as dead.
MM
It doesn't sound like there was a balanced audience.
Indeed not.
Even as a remainer I can see that. Any opinion poll I have seen on the
matter still shows a roughly 50:50 split.
Col
Bod
2017-11-25 09:31:01 UTC
Post by Col
Post by Bod
Post by MM
Liz Truss MP was the minister on the panel who had to respond with the
government's position on the Brexit negotiations, but the audience was
having none of it. They booed and catcalled her when she tried to
defend Brexit, and gave thundering applause to other panel members who
spoke against Brexit. If this is the mood of the country now, right
across the nation, I'd say Brexit is as good as dead.
MM
It doesn't sound like there was a balanced audience.
Indeed not.
Even as a remainer I can see that. Any opinion poll I have seen on the
matter still shows a roughly 50:50 split.
What an honest reply. Fair play to you.
Bod
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-11-25 12:33:59 UTC
Post by Bod
Post by Col
Post by Bod
Post by MM
Liz Truss MP was the minister on the panel who had to respond with the
government's position on the Brexit negotiations, but the audience was
having none of it. They booed and catcalled her when she tried to
defend Brexit, and gave thundering applause to other panel members who
spoke against Brexit. If this is the mood of the country now, right
across the nation, I'd say Brexit is as good as dead.
MM
It doesn't sound like there was a balanced audience.
Indeed not.
Even as a remainer I can see that. Any opinion poll I have seen on the
matter still shows a roughly 50:50 split.
What an honest reply. Fair play to you.
And four play to you.
--
Wife to husband: "What's your excuse for coming home at this time of night?"
Husband to wife: "Golfing with friends, my dear."
Husband to wife: "Yes, We used night clubs."
Mike Swift

Yorkshire Halvard Lange
Joe
2017-11-25 09:06:55 UTC
On Sat, 25 Nov 2017 08:50:48 +0000
MM <***@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

In further news, Pope believed to be Catholic.
Post by MM
If this is the mood of the country now, right
across the nation, I'd say Brexit is as good as dead.
You know damn well that the mood of the Question Time audience, and of a
majority of its panel, is the mood of the BBC management, and has
nothing whatever to do with the mood of the people of Britain.

And you *know* that we know that, and we know you know we know that, but
still you post your tripe.
Joe
abelard
2017-11-25 09:15:26 UTC
Post by MM
If this is the mood of the country now, right
across the nation, I'd say Brexit is as good as dead.
You know damn well that the mood of the Question Time audience, and of a
majority of its panel, is the mood of the BBC management, and has
nothing whatever to do with the mood of the people of Britain.
And you *know* that we know that, and we know you know we know that, but
still you post your tripe.
why do you attribute insight to m&m?

imv he really is that dim....
www.abelard.org
Norman Wells
2017-11-25 09:24:22 UTC
Post by MM
Liz Truss MP was the minister on the panel who had to respond with the
government's position on the Brexit negotiations, but the audience was
having none of it. They booed and catcalled her when she tried to
defend Brexit, and gave thundering applause to other panel members who
spoke against Brexit. If this is the mood of the country now, right
across the nation, I'd say Brexit is as good as dead.
Yes, of course it is, dear.

Your support group is over there, in Room 3. Do you need a hand?
harry
It's the BBC shit-fer-brains.
pullgees
Gullible fool, using the BBC for your sense of public opinion. You now they are on a completely different wavelength - pun intended - when the keep garnering the opinion of Tony Blair, the most despised man in Britain.
Vidcapper
2017-11-25 11:47:38 UTC
Post by MM
Liz Truss MP was the minister on the panel who had to respond with the
government's position on the Brexit negotiations, but the audience was
having none of it. They booed and catcalled her when she tried to
defend Brexit, and gave thundering applause to other panel members who
spoke against Brexit. If this is the mood of the country now, right
across the nation, I'd say Brexit is as good as dead.
Oh come on - you don't consider a 4% lead as sufficient mandate for
Brexit, yet are happy for a handpicked audience of cat-callers to
justify rejecting it?!
Paul Hyett, Cheltenham
abelard
2017-11-25 11:54:12 UTC
Post by Vidcapper
Post by MM
Liz Truss MP was the minister on the panel who had to respond with the
government's position on the Brexit negotiations, but the audience was
having none of it. They booed and catcalled her when she tried to
defend Brexit, and gave thundering applause to other panel members who
spoke against Brexit. If this is the mood of the country now, right
across the nation, I'd say Brexit is as good as dead.
Oh come on - you don't consider a 4% lead as sufficient mandate for
Brexit, yet are happy for a handpicked audience of cat-callers to
justify rejecting it?!
52% is 8% more than 48%

meanwhile polls i have seen suggest that ~in the 70%s level
who now want the gov't to get on with it...presumably because
most of the british are still democrats
www.abelard.org
Yellow
2017-11-25 12:36:50 UTC
Post by abelard
Post by Vidcapper
Post by MM
Liz Truss MP was the minister on the panel who had to respond with the
government's position on the Brexit negotiations, but the audience was
having none of it. They booed and catcalled her when she tried to
defend Brexit, and gave thundering applause to other panel members who
spoke against Brexit. If this is the mood of the country now, right
across the nation, I'd say Brexit is as good as dead.
Oh come on - you don't consider a 4% lead as sufficient mandate for
Brexit, yet are happy for a handpicked audience of cat-callers to
justify rejecting it?!
52% is 8% more than 48%
I am probably going to regret this question but how is 52% 8% more than
48%?
abelard
2017-11-25 12:40:02 UTC
Post by abelard
Post by Vidcapper
Post by MM
Liz Truss MP was the minister on the panel who had to respond with the
government's position on the Brexit negotiations, but the audience was
having none of it. They booed and catcalled her when she tried to
defend Brexit, and gave thundering applause to other panel members who
spoke against Brexit. If this is the mood of the country now, right
across the nation, I'd say Brexit is as good as dead.
Oh come on - you don't consider a 4% lead as sufficient mandate for
Brexit, yet are happy for a handpicked audience of cat-callers to
justify rejecting it?!
52% is 8% more than 48%
I am probably going to regret this question but how is 52% 8% more than
48%?
it just is :-)

52/48=1.0833333333

that is 8% more than 1...
www.abelard.org
Yellow
2017-11-25 13:00:00 UTC
Post by abelard
Post by Yellow
Post by abelard
Post by Vidcapper
Post by MM
Liz Truss MP was the minister on the panel who had to respond with the
government's position on the Brexit negotiations, but the audience was
having none of it. They booed and catcalled her when she tried to
defend Brexit, and gave thundering applause to other panel members who
spoke against Brexit. If this is the mood of the country now, right
across the nation, I'd say Brexit is as good as dead.
Oh come on - you don't consider a 4% lead as sufficient mandate for
Brexit, yet are happy for a handpicked audience of cat-callers to
justify rejecting it?!
52% is 8% more than 48%
I am probably going to regret this question but how is 52% 8% more than
48%?
it just is :-)
52/48=1.0833333333
that is 8% more than 1...
Hmmm.... I agree that 52 sweets is 8% more than 48 sweets but it is
still only 4 more sweets out of the 100.

JNugent

48 x 1.083 = 51.984.
JNugent
2017-11-25 12:52:34 UTC
Post by abelard
Post by Vidcapper
Post by MM
Liz Truss MP was the minister on the panel who had to respond with the
government's position on the Brexit negotiations, but the audience was
having none of it. They booed and catcalled her when she tried to
defend Brexit, and gave thundering applause to other panel members who
spoke against Brexit. If this is the mood of the country now, right
across the nation, I'd say Brexit is as good as dead.
Oh come on - you don't consider a 4% lead as sufficient mandate for
Brexit, yet are happy for a handpicked audience of cat-callers to
justify rejecting it?!
52% is 8% more than 48%
AAMOF, it's nearly 8.5% more.
abelard
2017-11-25 12:59:03 UTC
Post by JNugent
Post by abelard
Post by Vidcapper
Post by MM
Liz Truss MP was the minister on the panel who had to respond with the
government's position on the Brexit negotiations, but the audience was
having none of it. They booed and catcalled her when she tried to
defend Brexit, and gave thundering applause to other panel members who
spoke against Brexit. If this is the mood of the country now, right
across the nation, I'd say Brexit is as good as dead.
Oh come on - you don't consider a 4% lead as sufficient mandate for
Brexit, yet are happy for a handpicked audience of cat-callers to
justify rejecting it?!
52% is 8% more than 48%
AAMOF, it's nearly 8.5% more.
i have enough problems with the class without complicating matters :-)

just think of all those half people!

i could have used numbers like 51.89/48.11 = 1.07856994
www.abelard.org
JNugent
2017-11-25 12:49:40 UTC
Post by MM
Liz Truss MP was the minister on the panel who had to respond with the
government's position on the Brexit negotiations, but the audience was
having none of it. They booed and catcalled her when she tried to
defend Brexit, and gave thundering applause to other panel members who
spoke against Brexit. If this is the mood of the country now, right
across the nation, I'd say Brexit is as good as dead.
But it *isn't* the mood of the country, right across the nation, is it?