paypal problem
Jim GM4DHJ ...
2017-12-07 08:10:37 UTC
I ordered a lap top battery from ebay and the seller took payment then made
a refund saying I had requested to cancel the order which I didn't...anyway
the refund has been pending for about a week now and I have checked all the
paypal guff on pending refunds but still no idea when the refund will be
able to be with transferred back into my bank account...what should I
do?.....
Altroy1
2017-12-07 08:41:15 UTC
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
> I ordered a lap top battery from ebay and the seller took payment then made
> a refund saying I had requested to cancel the order which I didn't...anyway
> the refund has been pending for about a week now and I have checked all the
> paypal guff on pending refunds but still no idea when the refund will be
> able to be with transferred back into my bank account...what should I
> do?.....

Presumably you can ask for a copy of the alleged request to cancel if you
disagree that you did it. The seller should have had some kind of alleged email
or via Ebay's messaging system containing instructions to cancel the order and
shouldn't have too much of a problem forwarding you a copy. Ebay and paypal
should have dispute procedures and Ebay has community and help pages which
should assist. I would have thought that any refund should quickly appear on
your paypal account.
Jim GM4DHJ ...
2017-12-07 11:13:44 UTC
"Altroy1" <***@nothing.invalid> wrote in message
> Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
>> I ordered a lap top battery from ebay and the seller took payment then
>> made a refund saying I had requested to cancel the order which I
>> didn't...anyway the refund has been pending for about a week now and I
>> have checked all the paypal guff on pending refunds but still no idea
>> when the refund will be able to be with transferred back into my bank
>> account...what should I do?.....
>
> Presumably you can ask for a copy of the alleged request to cancel if you
> disagree that you did it. The seller should have had some kind of alleged
> email or via Ebay's messaging system containing instructions to cancel the
> order and shouldn't have too much of a problem forwarding you a copy. Ebay
> and paypal should have dispute procedures and Ebay has community and help
> pages which should assist. I would have thought that any refund should
> quickly appear on your paypal account.

just checked again ...now through........thank supreme being...I have found
ebay and paypal to have zero customer service........
Omega
2017-12-07 12:04:40 UTC
On 07/12/2017 11:13, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
> "Altroy1" <***@nothing.invalid> wrote in message
>> Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
>>> I ordered a lap top battery from ebay and the seller took payment then
>>> made a refund saying I had requested to cancel the order which I
>>> didn't...anyway the refund has been pending for about a week now and I
>>> have checked all the paypal guff on pending refunds but still no idea
>>> when the refund will be able to be with transferred back into my bank
>>> account...what should I do?.....
>>
>> Presumably you can ask for a copy of the alleged request to cancel if you
>> disagree that you did it. The seller should have had some kind of alleged
>> email or via Ebay's messaging system containing instructions to cancel the
>> order and shouldn't have too much of a problem forwarding you a copy. Ebay
>> and paypal should have dispute procedures and Ebay has community and help
>> pages which should assist. I would have thought that any refund should
>> quickly appear on your paypal account.
>>

> just checked again ...now through........thank supreme being...I have found
> ebay and paypal to have zero customer service........

Phone Ebay on this number, it was valid a few weeks ago.

0800 358 6551

omega
Graham T
2017-12-07 20:24:40 UTC

You're learning.
Jim GM4DHJ ...
2017-12-07 20:38:58 UTC
"Graham T" <***@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> On 07/12/2017 11:13, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
>

>> just checked again ...now through........thank supreme being...I have
>> found
>> ebay and paypal to have zero customer service........
>>

> You're learning.

I have learned seven full days is too long for them to have my money...true