NYT's view on London/Brexit
Add Reply
Paul Pot
2017-04-13 18:22:24 UTC
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/04/11/world/europe/uk-london-brexit.html?_r=0
--
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Handsome Jack
2017-04-13 20:32:42 UTC
Post by Paul Pot
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/04/11/world/europe/uk-london-br
exit.html?_r=0
Quite apart from the sheer awfulness of the web presentation ... how can
anyone read such tosh? No, try that again ... how can anyone *write*
such tosh?
Jack
pensive hamster
2017-04-13 21:08:01 UTC
Paul Pot posted
Post by Paul Pot
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/04/11/world/europe/uk-london-br
exit.html?_r=0
Quite apart from the sheer awfulness of the web presentation ... how can
anyone read such tosh? No, try that again ... how can anyone *write*
such tosh?
While I agree the web presentation was a little clunky, I quite
enjoyed the article. Guess you can't please everyone, then.
tim...
2017-04-16 10:35:31 UTC
Post by pensive hamster
Paul Pot posted
Post by Paul Pot
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/04/11/world/europe/uk-london-br
exit.html?_r=0
Quite apart from the sheer awfulness of the web presentation ... how can
anyone read such tosh? No, try that again ... how can anyone *write*
such tosh?
While I agree the web presentation was a little clunky, I quite
enjoyed the article. Guess you can't please everyone, then.
I gave up before I got to any point being made

too much extraneous crap to pass through

2017-04-14 06:41:28 UTC
Post by Paul Pot
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/04/11/world/europe/uk-london-brexit.html?_r=0
--
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A drivel article.
Multiculurism was forced on the unwilling/unasked population by scumbag politicians.
There may well be civil war.
Ophelia
2017-04-14 09:31:24 UTC
Post by Paul Pot
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/04/11/world/europe/uk-london-brexit.html?_r=0
--
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A drivel article.
Multiculurism was forced on the unwilling/unasked population by scumbag
politicians.
There may well be civil war.
==

Tony Bliar, stand up and take a bow!
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
R. Mark Clayton
2017-04-14 08:06:47 UTC
Post by Paul Pot
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/04/11/world/europe/uk-london-brexit.html?_r=0
--
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
London was the important centre of a huge empire once - like Vienna.

Unlike Vienna, now a bit of a backwater, London retained its pre-eminence as the world financial centre through the creation of markets in insurance, finance, commodities and securities.

Still all these advantages can be thrown away - let's see how the City copes with uneven FTT...