Surge in support for president Trump's visit to the UK
2018-02-11 13:25:54 UTC
A YouGov poll says that 45% of Britons support a visit of president Trump to
their state. With 39% opposing the plan, the majority of participants are
now in favour of Trump's state visit.

Last year in December, the support for the visit was only 31%, while 55% of
respondents opposed to it. In two months a lot has changed and the support
for the US president's visit has surged by 14%.

In January, Trump said during the World Economic Forum in Switzerland, that
he would "fight for Britain" and: "I think the feeling is mutual from the
standpoint of liking each other a lot, we love your country".
abelard
2018-02-11 13:32:51 UTC
On Sun, 11 Feb 2018 08:25:54 -0500, "BurfordTJustice"
Post by BurfordTJustice
A YouGov poll says that 45% of Britons support a visit of president Trump to
their state. With 39% opposing the plan, the majority of participants are
now in favour of Trump's state visit.
Last year in December, the support for the visit was only 31%, while 55% of
respondents opposed to it. In two months a lot has changed and the support
for the US president's visit has surged by 14%.
In January, Trump said during the World Economic Forum in Switzerland, that
he would "fight for Britain" and: "I think the feeling is mutual from the
standpoint of liking each other a lot, we love your country".
you can fool all the people for some of the time...
www.abelard.org
Brian Reay
2018-02-11 13:46:30 UTC
Post by BurfordTJustice
A YouGov poll says that 45% of Britons support a visit of president Trump to
their state. With 39% opposing the plan, the majority of participants are
now in favour of Trump's state visit.
Last year in December, the support for the visit was only 31%, while 55% of
respondents opposed to it. In two months a lot has changed and the support
for the US president's visit has surged by 14%.
In January, Trump said during the World Economic Forum in Switzerland, that
he would "fight for Britain" and: "I think the feeling is mutual from the
standpoint of liking each other a lot, we love your country".
While I think he should be welcome to visit, I fear there will be
protests etc which will turn any visit into a circus- not helped by the
media coverage which will make things worse.

We've had Heads of State from regimes with terrible human rights records
and 'renta-mob' have turned a blind eye due to their being 'acceptable'
in their eyes. Trump, is an elected leader of a democracy with whom we
generally have a good relationship. He should be allowed to visit and go
about his business without any trouble.
johnny-knowall
2018-02-11 14:35:53 UTC
Post by Brian Reay
Post by BurfordTJustice
A YouGov poll says that 45% of Britons support a visit of president Trump to
their state. With 39% opposing the plan, the majority of participants are
now in favour of Trump's state visit.
Last year in December, the support for the visit was only 31%, while 55% of
respondents opposed to it. In two months a lot has changed and the support
for the US president's visit has surged by 14%.
Or, the poll was conducted in a rabid right wing area.

I remember polls from May 2016 that said Remain was on 60%.
BurfordTJustice
2018-02-11 16:44:34 UTC
and hillary was a sure bet...LOL

"johnny-knowall" <***@bungay.com> wrote in message news:***@news.giganews.com...
: On 11 Feb 2018, Brian Reay wrote
: (in article <p5phfn$hvv$***@dont-email.me>):
:
: > On 11/02/2018 13:25, BurfordTJustice wrote:
: > > A YouGov poll says that 45% of Britons support a visit of president
Trump to
: > > their state. With 39% opposing the plan, the majority of participants
are
: > > now in favour of Trump's state visit.
: > >
: > >
: > > Last year in December, the support for the visit was only 31%, while
55% of
: > > respondents opposed to it. In two months a lot has changed and the
support
: > > for the US president's visit has surged by 14%.
:
: Or, the poll was conducted in a rabid right wing area.
:
: I remember polls from May 2016 that said Remain was on 60%.
:
: > >
: > >
: > > In January, Trump said during the World Economic Forum in Switzerland,
that
: > > he would "fight for Britain" and: "I think the feeling is mutual from
the
: > > standpoint of liking each other a lot, we love your country".
: >