Radio Caroline awarded license
Graham T
2017-05-19 15:31:27 UTC
After all these years WE WON!

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0021/95241/Radio-Caroline_Application-form.pdf
Graham T
2017-05-19 15:32:58 UTC
Post by Graham T
After all these years WE WON!
https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0021/95241/Radio-Caroline_Application-form.pdf
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-39976829
GB
2017-05-19 16:10:00 UTC
Post by Graham T
After all these years WE WON!
https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0021/95241/Radio-Caroline_Application-form.pdf
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-39976829
"The former ship-based pirate station, Radio Caroline, has been handed
its first full-time AM broadcast licence."

AM????
Caecilius
It was always on AM wasn't it? 319KHz medium wave IIRC.
GB
2017-05-19 16:17:42 UTC
Post by Caecilius
Post by GB
Post by Graham T
Post by Graham T
After all these years WE WON!
https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0021/95241/Radio-Caroline_Application-form.pdf
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-39976829
"The former ship-based pirate station, Radio Caroline, has been handed
its first full-time AM broadcast licence."
AM????
It was always on AM wasn't it? 319KHz medium wave IIRC.
I can't remember when I last listened to AM. Would it be worth their
while transmitting to the half dozen people still using AM radios?
Graham T
Maybe there are but I have yet to see a car radio without AM
Graham T
199 meters - 1506 kHz
Paul Cummins
2017-05-20 10:47:00 UTC
Post by Graham T
199 meters - 1506 kHz
Radio Caroline has used the following frequencies as a "pirate"

*MV Mi Amigo and MV Caroline*

Wavelength claimed to be 199m, but actually 1483 and/or 1520 KHz

Wavelength claimed to be 259m, but actually 1169 and/or 1187 KHz

Wavelength claimed to be 389m, 773KHz

Wavelength claimed to be 259, 1187KHz

Wavelength claimed to be 192m, 1562KHz

Wavelength claimed to be 319m, but actually 953 then later 962

*Mebo II*

244m MW, 100.0 MHz FM, 6205 kHz SW

*MV Ross Revenge*

Wavelength claimed to be 319m, but actually 963 KHz

819 KHz

558 KHz

576 KHz

585 KHz
--
Paul Cummins - Always a NetHead
Wasting Bandwidth since 1981
Bitcoin: 1LzAJBqzoaEudhsZ14W7YrdYSmLZ5m1seZ
JNugent
2017-05-20 11:53:16 UTC
Post by Graham T
Post by Caecilius
Post by GB
Post by Graham T
Post by Graham T
After all these years WE WON!
https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0021/95241/Radio-Caroline_Application-form.pdf
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-39976829
"The former ship-based pirate station, Radio Caroline, has been handed
its first full-time AM broadcast licence."
AM????
It was always on AM wasn't it? 319KHz medium wave IIRC.
199 meters - 1506 kHz
199 Caroline.

That was the one off the IoM. It may have been the same frequency for
the North Sea branch.

JNugent
2017-05-20 11:52:22 UTC
Post by Caecilius
Post by GB
Post by Graham T
Post by Graham T
After all these years WE WON!
https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0021/95241/Radio-Caroline_Application-form.pdf
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-39976829
"The former ship-based pirate station, Radio Caroline, has been handed
its first full-time AM broadcast licence."
AM????
It was always on AM wasn't it? 319KHz medium wave IIRC.
Ah... but in those days, it was "interfering" with emergency service
communication.

No, I didn't believe it wither.
JNugent
2017-05-20 11:51:31 UTC
Post by GB
Post by Graham T
Post by Graham T
After all these years WE WON!
https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0021/95241/Radio-Caroline_Application-form.pdf
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-39976829
"The former ship-based pirate station, Radio Caroline, has been handed
its first full-time AM broadcast licence."
AM????
What this proves, and now without a single doubt, is that the Labour
government's 1967 "argument" that Radio Caroline and the others were
interfering with emergency networks (on AM radio) was a simple *lie*.

Labour just could not stand the thought of commercial broadcasting, that
was all.