Islam is great as long as it isn't Islam.
Svenne
2017-08-07 06:39:17 UTC
Islam is a beautiful, tolerant and inclusive religion if it isn't Islam any longer.

In fact the less like Islam that it is and the more like secular western liberalism that it becomes, the better Islam is. The logical conclusion being that Islam is best of all when it is not Islam at all but is completely western liberal secularism instead.

What a strange article from the BBC.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-40802538
GB
2017-08-07 07:51:13 UTC
Post by Svenne
Islam is a beautiful, tolerant and inclusive religion if it isn't Islam any longer.
In fact the less like Islam that it is and the more like secular western liberalism that it becomes, the better Islam is. The logical conclusion being that Islam is best of all when it is not Islam at all but is completely western liberal secularism instead.
What a strange article from the BBC.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-40802538
There are different strands of Christianity, even of Communism and
Toryism, so why not of Islam?
Svenne
2017-08-07 09:07:42 UTC
Post by GB
Post by Svenne
Islam is a beautiful, tolerant and inclusive religion if it isn't Islam any longer.
In fact the less like Islam that it is and the more like secular western liberalism that it becomes, the better Islam is. The logical conclusion being that Islam is best of all when it is not Islam at all but is completely western liberal secularism instead.
What a strange article from the BBC.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-40802538
There are different strands of Christianity, even of Communism and
Toryism, so why not of Islam?
This strand of Islam is new, different and quite tiny. It is a very good idea indeed and I hope it catches on. It just seemed strange the the BBC should be pushing the idea that today's Islam is ignorant and intolerant dogshit and how nice it would be if it were something else instead. The BBC are quite right of course and are to be encouraged, as are the newly emerging deviant Muslims.

What a pity they had to go all the way to Berlin to find a mosque like that. Why not Birmingham or Bradford?
Ophelia
2017-08-07 12:57:45 UTC
"Svenne" wrote in message news:6d0ad863-62c8-4eff-85a4-***@googlegroups.com...

Islam is a beautiful, tolerant and inclusive religion if it isn't Islam any
longer.

In fact the less like Islam that it is and the more like secular western
liberalism that it becomes, the better Islam is. The logical conclusion
being that Islam is best of all when it is not Islam at all but is
completely western liberal secularism instead.

What a strange article from the BBC.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-40802538

==

It sounds like a good idea .. until it gets bombed:(
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
Svenne
2017-08-07 16:25:29 UTC
Post by Svenne
Islam is a beautiful, tolerant and inclusive religion if it isn't Islam any longer.
In fact the less like Islam that it is and the more like secular western
liberalism that it becomes, the better Islam is. The logical conclusion
being that Islam is best of all when it is not Islam at all but is
completely western liberal secularism instead.
What a strange article from the BBC.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-40802538
==
It sounds like a good idea .. until it gets bombed:(
There are many tricky theological problems to resolve before we see a modern, reformed Islam that fits into the modern world.

It's going to take a long time before female Imams are commonplace, especially transgender ones. And what about married lesbian Imams? If married lesbian Imams ever do come about, how many wives will they be able to have and which ones will be the "wives"? Will a bunch of them be able to just get married as a crowd? How will they know which ones are the "wives"? Will they wear a different coloured burka? They will make a fine sight in the local Ummah's representation in the Pride parade.
Ophelia
2017-08-07 16:46:52 UTC
Post by Svenne
[...]

===

I don't know, but once the militant Islamists get wind of it ...
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
Svenne
2017-08-07 18:57:52 UTC
Post by Svenne
Post by Svenne
[...]
They've got wind of it already and reacted in the way we have come to expect from the Religion of Peace and Love with fatwas and death threats:

"Seyran Ates has been beaten up in the street, received death threats and had fatwas issued against her since she opened her mosque in Berlin where men and women can pray together and explore a liberal version of Islam."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/liberal-mosque-seyran-ates-founder-lawyer-burqa-ban-death-threats-islam-muslim-a7861461.html

So much for the demented perversity of Muzzlam, a festering boil on the asshole of humanity.
Ophelia
2017-08-07 20:07:34 UTC
Post by Svenne
Post by Svenne
[...]

I couldn't have put it better myself! It certainly comes as no surprise.
I don't fancy that woman's chances of a long life.
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
Svenne
2017-08-07 21:47:20 UTC
Post by Ophelia
I couldn't have put it better myself! It certainly comes as no surprise.
I don't fancy that woman's chances of a long life.
She's certainly not a very intelligent woman. Islam is not what she wants it to be, she has nothing in common with it and has a value system that is the opposite of Islam, so what does the idiot do? Instead of doing the intelligent thing, leaving Islam and joining something more in line with her values, she sets out to change islam so Islam lines up with her values.

She's risking life and limb trying to change Islam into something else instead of abandoning the pile of idiot dogshit for something more suitable. There are lots of religions out there and as crazy as a lot of them are, most of them are far better than Islam.
Ophelia
2017-08-08 08:43:39 UTC
Post by Ophelia
I couldn't have put it better myself! It certainly comes as no surprise.
I don't fancy that woman's chances of a long life.
She's certainly not a very intelligent woman. Islam is not what she wants it
to be, she has nothing in common with it and has a value system that is the
opposite of Islam, so what does the idiot do? Instead of doing the
intelligent thing, leaving Islam and joining something more in line with her
values, she sets out to change islam so Islam lines up with her values.

She's risking life and limb trying to change Islam into something else
instead of abandoning the pile of idiot dogshit for something more suitable.
There are lots of religions out there and as crazy as a lot of them are,
most of them are far better than Islam.

==

I think she will learn a very hard lesson.
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
Incubus
2017-08-08 14:42:11 UTC
Post by Svenne
Post by Ophelia
I couldn't have put it better myself! It certainly comes as no
surprise. I don't fancy that woman's chances of a long life.
She's certainly not a very intelligent woman. Islam is not what she
wants it to be, she has nothing in common with it and has a value
system that is the opposite of Islam, so what does the idiot do?
Instead of doing the intelligent thing, leaving Islam and joining
something more in line with her values, she sets out to change islam
so Islam lines up with her values.
She's risking life and limb trying to change Islam into something
else instead of abandoning the pile of idiot dogshit for something
more suitable. There are lots of religions out there and as crazy as
a lot of them are, most of them are far better than Islam.
I imagine she identifies with it for cultural reasons, much as many
people call themselves Christians even though their beliefs and
lifestyle bear little relation to what it teaches. The fact that they
don't attend church and have an emotional connexion with it because they
used to sing hymns at school at the top of their lungs and enjoy
Christmas spent with the family doesn't occur to them.
Vidcapper
2017-08-08 06:25:29 UTC
Post by Svenne
Post by Ophelia
===
I don't know, but once the militant Islamists get wind of it ...
That's a crucial point -see below
Post by Svenne
They've got wind of it already and reacted in the way we have come to
expect from the Religion of Peace and Love with fatwas and death
"Seyran Ates has been beaten up in the street, received death threats
and had fatwas issued against her since she opened her mosque in
Berlin where men and women can pray together and explore a liberal
version of Islam."
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/liberal-mosque-seyran-ates-founder-lawyer-burqa-ban-death-threats-islam-muslim-a7861461.html
So much for the demented perversity of Muzzlam, a festering boil on
the asshole of humanity.
Militant muslims do *not* represent the faith in general, that's the
point - anyone who claims otherwise leaves themselves open to
accusations of Islamophobia.

There are what, about 3 million Muslims in Britain? Of those, maybe 1 in
400 could be considered 'radicalised', so that leaves 99.75% that can be
considered moderate. It seems hardly fair that they should be tarnished
with the same brush as the extremists.
Paul Hyett, Cheltenham
Svenne
2017-08-08 07:43:04 UTC
Post by Vidcapper
Post by Svenne
"Seyran Ates has been beaten up in the street, received death threats
and had fatwas issued against her since she opened her mosque in
Berlin where men and women can pray together and explore a liberal
version of Islam."
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/liberal-mosque-seyran-ates-founder-lawyer-burqa-ban-death-threats-islam-muslim-a7861461.html
So much for the demented perversity of Muzzlam, a festering boil on
the asshole of humanity.
Militant muslims do *not* represent the faith in general, that's the
point - anyone who claims otherwise leaves themselves open to
accusations of Islamophobia.
Muslim Jihadists have their understanding of Islam. It is very easy for them to have that understanding, Islamic texts lend themselves readily to it. Others have different understandings but it is just plain wrong to assert the Jihadists have "misinterpreted" or "misunderstood" Islam. Their understanding of Islam is just as valid as any other, perhaps even more valid than that of the woman in question who wants a gay friendly and gender inclusive secular liberal Islam.
Post by Vidcapper
There are what, about 3 million Muslims in Britain? Of those, maybe 1 in
400 could be considered 'radicalised', so that leaves 99.75% that can be
considered moderate. It seems hardly fair that they should be tarnished
with the same brush as the extremists.
What do mean by "moderate"? That they don't want to drive trucks into crowds, set bombs off and behead infidels? Thankfully you're right about that, but if they did want to do such things they would find ample support for it in their religious texts.

But the question here is not Jihadism but support for gay, trans and women's rights within the context of a secular liberal world view. I don't suppose that sort of thing is prevalent within the Muslim community. Quite the opposite.

And as for "islamophobia" I am on record as being a resolute, absolute and unconditional defender of the right of everyone to believe and practice any retarded garbage they like, including the pile of idiot horseshit called "Islam", as long as they stay within the law while doing it.
Vidcapper
2017-08-08 14:23:21 UTC
Post by Svenne
Post by Vidcapper
Militant muslims do *not* represent the faith in general, that's
the point - anyone who claims otherwise leaves themselves open to
accusations of Islamophobia.
Muslim Jihadists have their understanding of Islam. It is very easy
for them to have that understanding, Islamic texts lend themselves
readily to it. Others have different understandings but it is just
plain wrong to assert the Jihadists have "misinterpreted" or
"misunderstood" Islam. Their understanding of Islam is just as valid
as any other, perhaps even more valid than that of the woman in
question who wants a gay friendly and gender inclusive secular
liberal Islam.
It's the selective interpretation of religious texts that is the problem
- particularly the omission of the moderating passages.
Post by Svenne
And as for "islamophobia" I am on record as being a resolute,
absolute and unconditional defender of the right of everyone to
believe and practice any retarded garbage they like, including the
pile of idiot horseshit called "Islam", as long as they stay within
the law while doing it.
As an atheist, I consider all religious texts to be of very dubious
merit, especially the parts about the supreme being talking direct to
the 'prophet'. After all, Mike Corley says he hears voices in his head,
but that hardly makes him a prophet!
Paul Hyett, Cheltenham
Svenne
2017-08-08 15:49:37 UTC
Post by Vidcapper
Post by Svenne
Post by Vidcapper
Militant muslims do *not* represent the faith in general, that's
the point - anyone who claims otherwise leaves themselves open to
accusations of Islamophobia.
Muslim Jihadists have their understanding of Islam. It is very easy
for them to have that understanding, Islamic texts lend themselves
readily to it. Others have different understandings but it is just
plain wrong to assert the Jihadists have "misinterpreted" or
"misunderstood" Islam. Their understanding of Islam is just as valid
as any other, perhaps even more valid than that of the woman in
question who wants a gay friendly and gender inclusive secular
liberal Islam.
It's the selective interpretation of religious texts that is the problem
- particularly the omission of the moderating passages.
Religous texts tend to be very dubious and contradictory and can be used to justify a wide range of behaviours. But some interpretations are easier to make than others and Islam is particularly open to violent interpretations, especially considering the behaviour of its founder.
I expect a lot of "prophets" and cult leaders have a bit of Mike Corley about them except they hear the voice of God instead of MI5.
2017-08-07 18:13:42 UTC
Post by Svenne
Post by Svenne
[...]
Transgender? There is no such thing.
Sex is determined by Allah (Peace be Upon Him).
Female Imams? No such thing either.
Kinder, Küche, Moschee.

- -

"We CAN hide forever."
- Klaun Shittinb'ricks (1940 - ), acknowledging that he will
NEVER prove where he infests or give his real jew name

"Die Juden sind unser Unglück!"
- Heinrich von Treitschke (1834 - 1896)

"First they came for the Socialists, and I did not speak out
because I was not a Socialist. Then they came for the Trade
Unionists, and I did not speak out because I was not a Trade
Unionist. Then they came for the jews, and I did not speak out
because I did not give a shit. Then they came for me and there
wasn't a single commie bastard left to speak for me."
- Martin Niemöller (1892 - 1984)

Illuc nisi Dei gratia vadam.
- Revd Terence Fformby-Smythe (? - )
The Peeler
2017-08-07 19:59:11 UTC
On Mon, 07 Aug 2017 11:13:42 -0700, serbian bitch Razovic, the resident
Post by Svenne
able to have and which ones will be the "wives"? Will a bunch of them be
able to just get married as a crowd? How will they know which ones are
the "wives"? Will they wear a different coloured burka? They will make a
fine sight in the local Ummah's representation in the Pride parade.
Transgender? There is no such thing.
Sex is determined by Allah (Peace be Upon Him).
Female Imams? No such thing either.
Kinder, Küche, Moschee.
SOOO proud of being an internationally recognized idiot, dumb anal Razovic?
<VBG>
"Assholes come
Assholes go
But the revd asshole goes on forever.
(and he speaks through it)"
2017-08-07 14:05:19 UTC
Post by Svenne
Islam is a beautiful, tolerant and inclusive religion if it isn't Islam any longer.
In fact the less like Islam that it is and the more like secular western liberalism that it becomes, the better Islam is. The logical conclusion being that Islam is best of all when it is not Islam at all but is completely western liberal secularism instead.
What a strange article from the BBC.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-40802538
Religion - where you read a book so as to know what to believe except
when you are told different by people who claim to know different.

It is beyond fucked up but still people cling to it.