EU Exit Date To Be Enshrined In Law
2017-11-09 23:39:03 UTC
11pm 29 March 2019.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41936428

Party poppers on standby. :-)
pamela
2017-11-10 00:34:09 UTC
11pm 29 March 2019.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41936428
Party poppers on standby. :-)
It's just for show. The article quotes Lord Kerr saying, "We can
change our minds at any stage of the process".

He must be thinking of that second referendum. :)
Pelican
Thinking or dreaming?
pamela
Predicting.
Pelican
Ok. Dreaming.
Ian Jackson
2017-11-10 08:11:45 UTC
Post by Pelican
Post by pamela
Post by Pelican
Post by pamela
Post by Yellow
11pm 29 March 2019.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41936428
Party poppers on standby. :-)
It's just for show. The article quotes Lord Kerr saying, "We can
change our minds at any stage of the process".
He must be thinking of that second referendum. :)
Thinking or dreaming?
Predicting.
Ok. Dreaming.
Now, who was it who said "Countries which cannot change their minds
cease to be democracies”?
Ian
Pelican
Those who don't get their preference the first time around.
R. Mark Clayton
First time around that was 1975 n'est pas?
Incubus
2017-11-10 13:55:18 UTC
Post by Pelican
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Pelican
Post by Yellow
11pm 29 March 2019.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41936428
Party poppers on standby. :-)
It's just for show.  The article quotes Lord Kerr saying, "We can
change our minds at any stage of the process".
He must be thinking of that second referendum.  :)
Thinking or dreaming?
 Predicting.
Ok.  Dreaming.
Now, who was it who said "Countries which cannot change their minds
cease to be democracies”?
Those who don't get their preference the first time around.
First time around that was 1975 n'est pas?
Well, no. The EU as it is now didn't exist back then. Typical Remoaner
dishonesty.
pamela
Pelican
Ok. Those who don't get their preference any time round.
tim...
2017-11-10 10:40:13 UTC
Post by Pelican
Post by pamela
Post by Pelican
Post by pamela
Post by Yellow
11pm 29 March 2019.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41936428
Party poppers on standby. :-)
It's just for show. The article quotes Lord Kerr saying, "We can
change our minds at any stage of the process".
He must be thinking of that second referendum. :)
Thinking or dreaming?
Predicting.
Ok. Dreaming.
Now, who was it who said "Countries which cannot change their minds cease
to be democracies”?
The chances of TPTB having a referendum to accept the terms of the deal is
nil.

Anyone with any sense knows that "return to the status quo" could never be
the alternative, and that if that option was offered and it did win, there
would have to be another referendum to "agree the swinging concessions that
the EU have wrung out of us to allow us to stay in" after the realty of what
asking to stay in means, has dawned.

It would be a nightmare, a real Pandora's box that no-one sensible is going
to open (except the stay in at any cost brigade - the same people who still
think we were wrong not to join the Euro - because that's what asking to be
allowed back in would mean!).

Ian
pamela
2017-11-10 10:58:13 UTC
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Pelican
Post by pamela
Post by Pelican
Post by pamela
Post by Yellow
11pm 29 March 2019.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41936428
Party poppers on standby. :-)
It's just for show. The article quotes Lord Kerr saying,
"We can change our minds at any stage of the process".
He must be thinking of that second referendum. :)
Thinking or dreaming?
Predicting.
Ok. Dreaming.
Now, who was it who said "Countries which cannot change their
minds cease to be democracies"?
The chances of TPTB having a referendum to accept the terms of
the deal is nil.
Anyone with any sense knows that "return to the status quo"
could never be the alternative,
The second referendum could ask if the UK wished to be part of the
customs union, would adopt EU proposed legislation as before, send
deleagtes to EU meetings, accept the free movement of people,
goods, services & capital. All that sort of thing which wasn't
part of the Leave referendum.
Post by tim...
and that if that option was
offered and it did win, there would have to be another
referendum to "agree the swinging concessions that the EU have
wrung out of us to allow us to stay in" after the realty of what
asking to LEAVE means, has dawned.
LEAVING IS a nightmare, a real Pandora's box that no-one
sensible is going to open
ICYPFY

(...babble about the Euro snipped...)
tim...
2017-11-10 12:05:52 UTC
Post by pamela
Post by tim...
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Pelican
Post by pamela
Post by Pelican
Post by pamela
Post by Yellow
[...]
what

as individual questions

or a complete package?

And in any case being a non EU member of the CU doesn't allow us to send
delegates to EU meetings

and would as I have already told you:

require us to conform to all EU negotiated trade agreements on a "they can
import tariff free to us, but we can't export tariff free to them" basis -
the nuance of which is unlikely to be appreciated by the electorate but
which would be absolutely catastrophic for our ROW trade.
Post by pamela
Post by tim...
and that if that option was
offered and it did win, there would have to be another
referendum to "agree the swinging concessions that the EU have
wrung out of us to allow us to stay in" after the realty of what
asking to LEAVE means, has dawned.
LEAVING IS a nightmare, a real Pandora's box that no-one
sensible is going to open
too late
Post by pamela
ICYPFY
sorry Google doesn't help me

2017-11-10 16:31:12 UTC
Post by Pelican
Post by pamela
Post by Pelican
Post by pamela
Post by Yellow
[...]
tim
The nightmare is beginning to dawn now. The Euro will look pretty attractive when the pound falls below it. Well it does now which is why you get headlines like this: -
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-06-27/euro-soars-as-draghi-says-temporary-factors-weigh-on-inflation
and
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/brexit-latest-news-pound-sterling-euro-parity-eu-trade-deal-uk-theresa-may-a8002996.html
Yellow
2017-11-10 16:34:47 UTC
On Fri, 10 Nov 2017 08:31:12 -0800 (PST), R. Mark Clayton
Post by Pelican
Post by pamela
Post by Pelican
Post by pamela
Post by Yellow
[...]
The Euro will *never* look attractive - trust me.
R. Mark Clayton
2017-11-10 16:46:53 UTC
Post by Pelican
Post by pamela
Post by Pelican
Post by pamela
Post by Yellow
[...]
Well why aren't people selling Euros [cheap] and buying pounds rather than the other way round?
Yellow
What has that got to do with us adopting the currency?
pamela
2017-11-10 17:17:31 UTC
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Pelican
Post by pamela
Post by Pelican
Post by pamela
Post by Yellow
[...]
Mark gave you a situation in which the pound is not more
attractive than the Euro.
JNugent
We changed our minds last June (2016).
tim...
2017-11-10 10:32:52 UTC
Post by pamela
Post by Yellow
11pm 29 March 2019.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41936428
Party poppers on standby. :-)
It's just for show. The article quotes Lord Kerr saying, "We can
change our minds at any stage of the process".
He must be thinking of that second referendum. :)
It's all an irrelevance

If the party in power legislate for a means to "think aging" they can
legislate to remove the leaving date from this legislation at the same time.

It's a symbolic gesture, nothing else

2017-11-10 10:03:53 UTC
11pm 29 March 2019.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41936428
Party poppers on standby. :-)
Yes get a pistol, load it up, hold to your head, pull the trigger.

Why not have a practice today?
Yellow
Well that's a nasty post I did not expect to read today.
Ophelia
2017-11-11 12:38:16 UTC
"Yellow" wrote in message news:***@News.Individual.NET...

On Fri, 10 Nov 2017 02:03:53 -0800 (PST), R. Mark Clayton
11pm 29 March 2019.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41936428
Party poppers on standby. :-)
Yes get a pistol, load it up, hold to your head, pull the trigger.
Why not have a practice today?
Well that's a nasty post I did not expect to read today.

==

He isn't worth reading. He is in my bin. I got the measure of him after
the referendum.
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
The Todal
2017-11-10 13:24:02 UTC
11pm 29 March 2019.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41936428
Party poppers on standby. :-)
I think she genuinely hopes there will be a rebellion and her attempt to
enshrine the date in law (which is no more than a token gesture anyway)
will fail.

Then nobody can blame her. She will be able to say that she wanted to
carry out the will of the people but was prevented from doing so.
Incubus
2017-11-10 13:56:55 UTC
11pm 29 March 2019.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41936428
Party poppers on standby. :-)
I think she genuinely hopes there will be a rebellion and her attempt to
enshrine the date in law (which is no more than a token gesture anyway)
will fail.
Then nobody can blame her. She will be able to say that she wanted to
carry out the will of the people but was prevented from doing so.
You keep coming out with such wishful thinking. Did someone sell you a
dodgy crystal ball from a market stall?
Yellow
2017-11-10 15:19:21 UTC
11pm 29 March 2019.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41936428
Party poppers on standby. :-)
I think she genuinely hopes there will be a rebellion and her attempt to
enshrine the date in law (which is no more than a token gesture anyway)
will fail.
I'd forgotten about your theory, that she has no intention of taking us
out of the EU. So this is just a ruse eh? :-)

But what it will do it make everyone put their cards on the table as
each MP will have to decide to vote for it or against it. No more fence
sitting or the riding of both horses. Personally, I think that at least
is a good thing, that we should know exactly where everyone stands - and
that includes the Labour MPs.
500 days and counting.....
BurfordTJustice
2017-11-10 13:32:33 UTC