Meaning of "locus" in law or hospital treatment?
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-04-14 17:03:59 UTC
http://www.alloaadvertiser.com/news/15222626.Clackmannan_man_can__39_t_remember_calling_police_officer_a__quot_bald_headed_poof_quot_/

"Brown, who had been assaulted, was assessed and received treatment from the medical service.
Due to the accused's intoxication, the concierge of the locus refused to let him stay the night."

What is a locus in this context?
1 in 6 men in Iowa have had sex with a chicken -- The Kinsey Report
Norman Wells
What's up with Google today? Is it broken?
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-04-14 17:28:53 UTC
Post by Norman Wells
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
http://www.alloaadvertiser.com/news/15222626.Clackmannan_man_can__39_t_remember_calling_police_officer_a__quot_bald_headed_poof_quot_/
"Brown, who had been assaulted, was assessed and received treatment from
the medical service.
Due to the accused's intoxication, the concierge of the locus refused to
let him stay the night."
What is a locus in this context?
What's up with Google today? Is it broken?
You try it - it doesn't give a meaning that would work in the above.
Dancing cheektocheek is really a form of floor play.
GordonD
2017-04-14 17:33:15 UTC
Post by Norman Wells
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
http://www.alloaadvertiser.com/news/15222626.Clackmannan_man_can__39_t_remember_calling_police_officer_a__quot_bald_headed_poof_quot_/
"Brown, who had been assaulted, was assessed and received treatment from
the medical service.
Due to the accused's intoxication, the concierge of the locus refused to
let him stay the night."
What is a locus in this context?
What's up with Google today? Is it broken?
You try it - it doesn't give a meaning that would work in the above.
I've heard 'locus' used to describe the scene of the crime, in 'Taggart'.
--
Gordon Davie
Edinburgh, Scotland
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-04-14 17:38:16 UTC
Post by Norman Wells
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
http://www.alloaadvertiser.com/news/15222626.Clackmannan_man_can__39_t_remember_calling_police_officer_a__quot_bald_headed_poof_quot_/
"Brown, who had been assaulted, was assessed and received treatment from
the medical service.
Due to the accused's intoxication, the concierge of the locus refused to
let him stay the night."
What is a locus in this context?
What's up with Google today? Is it broken?
You try it - it doesn't give a meaning that would work in the above.
I've heard 'locus' used to describe the scene of the crime, in 'Taggart'.
In the above, it was stated just after he'd gone to a hospital, so I was thinking it was something to do with that.
It's only premarital sex if you're going to get married.
The Peeler
2017-04-14 18:03:11 UTC
On Fri, 14 Apr 2017 18:38:16 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
In the above, it was stated just after he'd gone to a hospital, so I was
thinking
THERE's the snag again, you abysmally stupid braindamaged psycho!
--
More from Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) strange sociopathic
world:
MID: <***@red.lan>
F Murtz
2017-04-14 22:32:33 UTC
Post by The Peeler
On Fri, 14 Apr 2017 18:38:16 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
In the above, it was stated just after he'd gone to a hospital, so I was
thinking
THERE's the snag again, you abysmally stupid braindamaged psycho!
Why do not you give an answer to his perfectly legitimate question?
Your input served no purpose whatever except to make you look uneducated
and stupid.
The Peeler
2017-04-14 22:39:54 UTC
Post by F Murtz
Post by The Peeler
THERE's the snag again, you abysmally stupid braindamaged psycho!
Why do not you give an answer to his perfectly legitimate question?
What question? I mostly don't even read his predictably idiotic output!
Oh, the IRONY! LOL
bm
2017-04-14 23:51:27 UTC
Post by Norman Wells
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
http://www.alloaadvertiser.com/news/15222626.Clackmannan_man_can__39_t_remember_calling_police_officer_a__quot_bald_headed_poof_quot_/
"Brown, who had been assaulted, was assessed and received treatment from
the medical service.
Due to the accused's intoxication, the concierge of the locus refused to
let him stay the night."
What is a locus in this context?
What's up with Google today? Is it broken?
You try it - it doesn't give a meaning that would work in the above.
I've heard 'locus' used to describe the scene of the crime, in 'Taggart'.
In the above, it was stated just after he'd gone to a hospital, so I was
thinking it was something to do with that.
LMFAO
PHucker, you're a complete moron, here, have this gold star.
Go play with your parrots.
Peter Young
2017-04-14 17:35:21 UTC
Post by Norman Wells
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
http://www.alloaadvertiser.com/news/15222626.Clackmannan_man_can__39_t
_remember_calling_police_officer_a__quot_bald_headed_poof_quot_/
"Brown, who had been assaulted, was assessed and received treatment from
the medical service.
Due to the accused's intoxication, the concierge of the locus refused to
let him stay the night."
What is a locus in this context?
What's up with Google today? Is it broken?
You try it - it doesn't give a meaning that would work in the above.
How about "A particular position or place where something occurs or is
situated."? This was the first item that Google found for me. I think
the person who used this term thought it sounded more impressive than
"place". Pity him.

Follow-up to a.u.e. only.

Peter.
(US equivalent: Certified Anesthesiologist) (AUE Ir)
http://pnyoung.orpheusweb.co.uk
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-04-14 18:00:29 UTC
Post by Norman Wells
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
http://www.alloaadvertiser.com/news/15222626.Clackmannan_man_can__39_t
_remember_calling_police_officer_a__quot_bald_headed_poof_quot_/
"Brown, who had been assaulted, was assessed and received treatment from
the medical service.
Due to the accused's intoxication, the concierge of the locus refused to
let him stay the night."
What is a locus in this context?
What's up with Google today? Is it broken?
You try it - it doesn't give a meaning that would work in the above.
How about "A particular position or place where something occurs or is
situated."? This was the first item that Google found for me. I think
the person who used this term thought it sounded more impressive than
"place". Pity him.
It conveys less information. The criminal was presumably in quite a few places, two of which were a hospital and a police station.
Post by Peter Young
Follow-up to a.u.e. only.
Wat have you got against the legal group, where this is on topic?

Follow-up repaired.
--
Men, here's a tip for dealing with the little lady.
If you upset your wife or girlfriend then she will nag you.
However, if you upset her EVEN MORE, you will get the silent treatment.
The Peeler
2017-04-14 18:41:58 UTC
On Fri, 14 Apr 2017 19:00:29 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

<FLUSH the attention whore's inevitable insipid BLATHER>
--
Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson") on women:
"Women are inferior".
(Courtesy of Mr Pounder)
The Peeler
2017-04-14 17:50:02 UTC
On Fri, 14 Apr 2017 18:28:53 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),
Post by Norman Wells
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
What is a locus in this context?
What's up with Google today? Is it broken?
You try it - it doesn't give a meaning that would work in the above.
Looking out for some more silly idiots to feed you, Birdbrain, you fucked up
sick attention whore? <G>
--
More from Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) sociopathic world:
"I can drive according to the rules if I have to, but as soon as I'm not in
MID: <***@red.lan>
Mr Pounder Esquire
Please don't feed the psychotic troll.
Peter Moylan
2017-04-15 15:39:24 UTC
Post by Norman Wells
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
http://www.alloaadvertiser.com/news/15222626.Clackmannan_man_can__39_t_remember_calling_police_officer_a__quot_bald_headed_poof_quot_/
"Brown, who had been assaulted, was assessed and received treatment from
the medical service.
Due to the accused's intoxication, the concierge of the locus refused to
let him stay the night."
What is a locus in this context?
What's up with Google today? Is it broken?
That's the problem. Google is telling us how the language is being is
being used today, as distinct from how we think it ought to be used.

We old farts will continue to support the old forms, but we will die off
sooner or later.
--
Peter Moylan http://www.pmoylan.org
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-04-15 15:47:31 UTC
Post by Peter Moylan
Post by Norman Wells
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
http://www.alloaadvertiser.com/news/15222626.Clackmannan_man_can__39_t_remember_calling_police_officer_a__quot_bald_headed_poof_quot_/
"Brown, who had been assaulted, was assessed and received treatment from
the medical service.
Due to the accused's intoxication, the concierge of the locus refused to
let him stay the night."
What is a locus in this context?
What's up with Google today? Is it broken?
That's the problem. Google is telling us how the language is being is
being used today, as distinct from how we think it ought to be used.
We old farts will continue to support the old forms, but we will die off
sooner or later.
Google wants to control the world - just look at how nasty Chrome gets when you visit a less than 100% secure encrypted site.
--
Advice given to RAF pilots during WWII:
"When a prang seems inevitable, endeavour to strike the softest, cheapest object in the vicinity as slowly and gently as possible."
The Peeler
2017-04-15 16:58:52 UTC
On Sat, 15 Apr 2017 16:47:31 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),
Post by Peter Moylan
We old farts will continue to support the old forms, but we will die off
sooner or later.
Google wants to control the world - just look at how nasty Chrome gets
when you visit a less than 100% secure encrypted site.
Thanks for letting us know, Birdbrain! <G>
--
More of Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) "deep thinking":
"If there as many molestations as the media makes us believe, are they not
MID: <***@red.lan>
The Todal
2017-04-14 19:54:12 UTC
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
http://www.alloaadvertiser.com/news/15222626.Clackmannan_man_can__39_t_remember_calling_police_officer_a__quot_bald_headed_poof_quot_/
"Brown, who had been assaulted, was assessed and received treatment from
the medical service.
Due to the accused's intoxication, the concierge of the locus refused to
let him stay the night."
What is a locus in this context?
I'd take it to be his home address in Clackmannan's Backwood Court,
which is presumably some sort of hostel.
The Todal
2017-04-14 20:02:00 UTC
Post by The Todal
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
http://www.alloaadvertiser.com/news/15222626.Clackmannan_man_can__39_t_remember_calling_police_officer_a__quot_bald_headed_poof_quot_/
"Brown, who had been assaulted, was assessed and received treatment from
the medical service.
Due to the accused's intoxication, the concierge of the locus refused to
let him stay the night."
What is a locus in this context?
I'd take it to be his home address in Clackmannan's Backwood Court,
which is presumably some sort of hostel.
And I suspect the journalist doesn't know whether it's a hostel,
sheltered accommodation or some other form of supervised accommodation
so in desperation he picked the word "locus" from the deepest recesses
of his mind.
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-04-14 20:23:06 UTC
Post by The Todal
Post by The Todal
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
http://www.alloaadvertiser.com/news/15222626.Clackmannan_man_can__39_t_remember_calling_police_officer_a__quot_bald_headed_poof_quot_/
"Brown, who had been assaulted, was assessed and received treatment from
the medical service.
Due to the accused's intoxication, the concierge of the locus refused to
let him stay the night."
What is a locus in this context?
I'd take it to be his home address in Clackmannan's Backwood Court,
which is presumably some sort of hostel.
And I suspect the journalist doesn't know whether it's a hostel,
sheltered accommodation or some other form of supervised accommodation
so in desperation he picked the word "locus" from the deepest recesses
of his mind.
Surely a quick Google would tell him?
--
What happens when you stick your hand in a jar of jelly beans?
The black ones steal your watch and rings.
The Peeler
2017-04-14 21:27:59 UTC
On Fri, 14 Apr 2017 21:23:06 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),
Post by The Todal
And I suspect the journalist doesn't know whether it's a hostel,
sheltered accommodation or some other form of supervised accommodation
so in desperation he picked the word "locus" from the deepest recesses
of his mind.
Surely a quick Google would tell him?
Kudos to you, Birdbrain! Yet another prize idiot took your bait! <BG>
--
More of Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) "deep thinking":
"I consider the Irish to be one of the stupidest people on the planet."
MID: <***@red.lan>
Peter Percival
2017-04-19 20:05:21 UTC
Post by The Todal
Post by The Todal
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
http://www.alloaadvertiser.com/news/15222626.Clackmannan_man_can__39_t_remember_calling_police_officer_a__quot_bald_headed_poof_quot_/
"Brown, who had been assaulted, was assessed and received treatment from
the medical service.
Due to the accused's intoxication, the concierge of the locus refused to
let him stay the night."
What is a locus in this context?
I'd take it to be his home address in Clackmannan's Backwood Court,
which is presumably some sort of hostel.
And I suspect the journalist doesn't know whether it's a hostel,
sheltered accommodation or some other form of supervised accommodation
so in desperation he picked the word "locus" from the deepest recesses
of his mind.
Surely "dwelling place" is more idiomatic.
to me what you really mean.
The Todal
As it's Scotland, the word should be "hame".
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-04-19 20:16:41 UTC
Post by The Todal
Post by Peter Percival
Post by The Todal
Post by The Todal
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
http://www.alloaadvertiser.com/news/15222626.Clackmannan_man_can__39_t_remember_calling_police_officer_a__quot_bald_headed_poof_quot_/
"Brown, who had been assaulted, was assessed and received treatment from
the medical service.
Due to the accused's intoxication, the concierge of the locus refused to
let him stay the night."
What is a locus in this context?
I'd take it to be his home address in Clackmannan's Backwood Court,
which is presumably some sort of hostel.
And I suspect the journalist doesn't know whether it's a hostel,
sheltered accommodation or some other form of supervised accommodation
so in desperation he picked the word "locus" from the deepest recesses
of his mind.
Surely "dwelling place" is more idiomatic.
As it's Scotland, the word should be "hame".
I'm English but was born in Scotland. Their language confuses me. I was once asked "where do you stay?" I said "I'm not on holiday, I live here". Apparently Scots "stay" instead of "live" in houses. Maybe most of them rent?
--
A guy bought his wife a beautiful diamond ring for Christmas.
A friend of his said, "I thought she wanted one of those sporty 4-Wheel drive vehicles."
"She did," he replied. "But where in the hell was I gonna find a fake Jeep?"
The Peeler
2017-04-19 20:26:19 UTC
On Wed, 19 Apr 2017 21:16:41 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
I'm English but was born in Scotland.
Poor England; poor Scotland!
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
Their language confuses me.
Poor idiot!
--
More details from Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) sociopathic
"mind":
(Courtesy of Mr Pounder)
GordonD
2017-04-20 17:37:32 UTC
Post by The Todal
Post by Peter Percival
Post by The Todal
Post by The Todal
[...]
So if you're away from home, you're not living (i.e. dead)?
--
Gordon Davie
Edinburgh, Scotland
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-04-20 17:41:06 UTC
Post by The Todal
Post by Peter Percival
Post by The Todal
Post by The Todal
[...]
Different meaning of living. You can live in a house - this means you are normally there. If you stay somewhere, most people mean you're there temporarily.
The dot over the letter i is called a tittle.
The Peeler
2017-04-20 17:56:03 UTC
On Thu, 20 Apr 2017 18:41:06 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),
Post by GordonD
So if you're away from home, you're not living (i.e. dead)?
Different meaning of living. You can live in a house - this means you
are normally there. If you stay somewhere, most people mean you're there
temporarily.
Most people mean you are a blithering idiot!
--
Pelican to Birdbrain Macaw:
"Ok. I'm persuaded . You are an idiot."
MID: <obru31$nao$***@dont-email.me>
GordonD
2017-04-20 21:54:49 UTC
Post by The Todal
Post by Peter Percival
Post by The Todal
Post by The Todal
[...]
Different meaning of stay.
--
Gordon Davie
Edinburgh, Scotland
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-04-20 22:15:29 UTC
Post by The Todal
Post by Peter Percival
Post by The Todal
Post by The Todal
[...]
Only one meaning outside of Scots warped use of English.
--
Extract from a customer complaint letter sent to The Body Shop:
I recently shampooed my pet rabbit with Body Shop shampoo. Its eyes bulged out and turned red. If you tested your stuff on animals like everyone else, this sort of thing wouldn't happen...
The Peeler
2017-04-20 22:21:23 UTC
On Thu, 20 Apr 2017 23:15:29 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),
Post by GordonD
Different meaning of stay.
Only one meaning outside of Scots warped use of English.
Nothing as warped here as your "mind", Birdbrain!
--
Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) about women:
"I don't want one. Easy enough to get one if I wanted one."
MID: <***@red.lan>
Tony Cooper
2017-04-20 18:06:59 UTC
Post by The Todal
Post by Peter Percival
Post by The Todal
Post by The Todal
[...]
It makes you wonder about the sentence "He was living in the house in
which he died".
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-04-20 18:31:10 UTC
Post by The Todal
Post by Peter Percival
Post by The Todal
Post by The Todal
[...]
Living has two meanings.
--
Are part-time bandleaders semi-conductors?
Only if they've had a sex-change. Then they're trans-sisters.
Bod
2017-04-20 18:41:25 UTC
Post by The Todal
Post by Peter Percival
Post by The Todal
Post by The Todal
[...]
At least five actually.

Living (as in being alive)
Earning a Living.
Living the dream.
This is the house that I'm Living in.
Knocking the Living daylights out of someone.
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-04-20 19:03:37 UTC
Post by The Todal
Post by Peter Percival
Post by The Todal
Post by The Todal
[...]
Number 5 is most fun.
--
What's the difference between a naked white woman and a naked black woman?
One's on the cover of Playboy and the other's on the cover of National Geographic.
The Peeler
2017-04-20 19:49:56 UTC
On Thu, 20 Apr 2017 20:03:37 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),
Post by Bod
Living (as in being alive)
Earning a Living.
Living the dream.
This is the house that I'm Living in.
Knocking the Living daylights out of someone.
Number 5 is most fun.
Idiot!
--
Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson") on Jimmy Savile:
"If he had done it against their will, they would have come forwards
(Courtesy of Mr Pounder)
Peter Young
2017-04-20 21:15:08 UTC
Post by The Todal
Post by Peter Percival
Post by The Todal
Post by The Todal
[...]
See also : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benefice under "Current
usage".

James Wilkinson Sword
2017-04-20 22:15:03 UTC
Post by The Todal
Post by Peter Percival
Post by The Todal
Post by The Todal
[...]
Religious nuts in cloud cuckoo land.
The Peeler
2017-04-20 22:22:33 UTC
On Thu, 20 Apr 2017 23:15:03 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),
Post by Peter Young
See also : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benefice under "Current
usage".
Religious nuts in cloud cuckoo land.
...and this from a clinically insane sociopathic misfit! LOL
--
More from Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) strange sociopathic
world:
"I don't use doors much."
MID: <***@red.lan>
The Peeler
2017-04-20 18:38:20 UTC
On Thu, 20 Apr 2017 19:31:10 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
Living has two meanings.
Idiot has only ONE meaning, idiot!
MID: <obru31$nao$***@dont-email.me>
RH Draney
Then what is the meaning of life?...r
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-04-20 20:02:44 UTC
Post by Tony Cooper
Post by GordonD
So if you're away from home, you're not living (i.e. dead)?
It makes you wonder about the sentence "He was living in the house in
which he died".
Living has two meanings.
Then what is the meaning of life?...r
42.
--
Q. What's the difference between a brown-noser and a shit-head?
A. Depth perception.
The Peeler
MID: <***@red.lan>
The Peeler
2017-04-20 19:57:59 UTC
PLEASE! <tsk>
Phi
Hostel
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-04-14 20:22:41 UTC
Post by The Todal
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
http://www.alloaadvertiser.com/news/15222626.Clackmannan_man_can__39_t_remember_calling_police_officer_a__quot_bald_headed_poof_quot_/
"Brown, who had been assaulted, was assessed and received treatment from
the medical service.
Due to the accused's intoxication, the concierge of the locus refused to
let him stay the night."
What is a locus in this context?
I'd take it to be his home address in Clackmannan's Backwood Court,
which is presumably some sort of hostel.
It's a block of council flats containing about 20 homes. The concierge could be some sort of janitor for that and other blocks of flats in the area.
--
Yesterday scientists in the USA revealed that beer contains small traces of female hormones.
To prove their theory they fed 100 men 12 pints of beer and observed that 100% of them started talking nonsense and couldn't drive.
The Peeler
2017-04-14 21:31:50 UTC
On Fri, 14 Apr 2017 21:22:41 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),
Post by The Todal
I'd take it to be his home address in Clackmannan's Backwood Court,
which is presumably some sort of hostel.
It's a block of council flats containing about 20 homes. The concierge
could be some sort of janitor for that and other blocks of flats in the
area.
Now let's watch how you keep leading that poor fool by the nose again,
Birdbrain! <BG>

<getting my coke and popcorn>
MID: <***@red.lan>
Peter Duncanson [BrE]
2017-04-14 21:23:13 UTC
Post by The Todal
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
http://www.alloaadvertiser.com/news/15222626.Clackmannan_man_can__39_t_remember_calling_police_officer_a__quot_bald_headed_poof_quot_/
"Brown, who had been assaulted, was assessed and received treatment from
the medical service.
Due to the accused's intoxication, the concierge of the locus refused to
let him stay the night."
What is a locus in this context?
I'd take it to be his home address in Clackmannan's Backwood Court,
which is presumably some sort of hostel.
Yes.

"locus" is word borrowed from Latin meaning a "place". The English words
"local", "locate" "location", "locality", "dislocate", "allocate" also
come from the same Latin origin.

Apparently "locus" is used by police in Scotland to mean a "place".

It is defined in Wiktionary:
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/locus

locus (plural loci)

1. A place or locality, especially a centre of activity or the scene
of a crime.

https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090123132442AA8lGsr
--
Peter Duncanson, UK
(in alt.usage.english)
Reinhold {Rey} Aman
2017-04-14 21:42:46 UTC
Post by Peter Duncanson [BrE]
"locus" is word borrowed from Latin meaning a "place".
In German, _Lokus_ is an old but fairly common euphemism for "toilet".
Shortened from Latin _locus necessitatis_.
~~~ Reinhold {Rey} Aman ~~~
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-04-14 22:43:10 UTC
Post by Reinhold {Rey} Aman
Post by Peter Duncanson [BrE]
"locus" is word borrowed from Latin meaning a "place".
In German, _Lokus_ is an old but fairly common euphemism for "toilet".
Shortened from Latin _locus necessitatis_.
"locus necessitatis" - oh that's brilliant!
Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?
The Peeler
2017-04-14 23:00:04 UTC
On Fri, 14 Apr 2017 23:43:10 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),
Post by Reinhold {Rey} Aman
In German, _Lokus_ is an old but fairly common euphemism for "toilet".
Shortened from Latin _locus necessitatis_.
"locus necessitatis" - oh that's brilliant!
No need for you to learn that expression, Birdbrain! YOU can always walk
behind a bush!
--
Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson") about himself:
"I once took a dump behind some bushes and slid down a hill to wipe my
(Courtesy of Mr Pounder)
Ian Jackson
2017-04-15 07:11:05 UTC
Post by Reinhold {Rey} Aman
Post by Peter Duncanson [BrE]
"locus" is word borrowed from Latin meaning a "place".
In German, _Lokus_ is an old but fairly common euphemism for "toilet".
Shortened from Latin _locus necessitatis_.
"locus necessitatis" - oh that's brilliant!
Shortened to "netty" in the Geordie language.
Ian
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-04-15 08:59:56 UTC
Post by Reinhold {Rey} Aman
Post by Peter Duncanson [BrE]
"locus" is word borrowed from Latin meaning a "place".
In German, _Lokus_ is an old but fairly common euphemism for "toilet".
Shortened from Latin _locus necessitatis_.
"locus necessitatis" - oh that's brilliant!
Shortened to "netty" in the Geordie language.
Geordies using Latin?!?
--
The best engine in the world is the vagina. It can be started with one finger, self lubricates, takes any sized piston,
then every 4 weeks it does it's own oil change. It's just a pity that the management system is so fucking temperamental! -- Dr. Hermann Otto Kloepneckler, M.D., Ph.D.
The Peeler
2017-04-15 09:33:31 UTC
On Sat, 15 Apr 2017 09:59:56 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),
Post by Ian Jackson
Shortened to "netty" in the Geordie language.
Geordies using Latin?!?
Nope, Birdbrain, but terms derived from Italian.
--
More of Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) sociopathic "wisdom":
"The only way to ruin someone's life is to kill them, or render them
MID: <***@red.lan>
Ian Jackson
2017-04-15 09:39:39 UTC
On Sat, 15 Apr 2017 08:11:05 +0100, Ian Jackson
Post by Ian Jackson
On Fri, 14 Apr 2017 22:42:46 +0100, Reinhold {Rey} Aman
Post by Reinhold {Rey} Aman
Post by Peter Duncanson [BrE]
"locus" is word borrowed from Latin meaning a "place".
In German, _Lokus_ is an old but fairly common euphemism for "toilet".
Shortened from Latin _locus necessitatis_.
"locus necessitatis" - oh that's brilliant!
Shortened to "netty" in the Geordie language.
Geordies using Latin?!?
Whey aye, y'buggah!
Hev yuh nivvor hord ov Hadrian's Waall?
Do you think that Hadrian and the Roman army did all the hard work? Most
of the heavy stuff would have been done by the locals who, even if they
didn't have enough Latin for The Judging, would have had to have had
enough to interact with the Army of Occupation (tuh dee wot they wor
telt). The east end of The Wall ends at Wallsend on Tyne - and you can't
get more Geordie than that.
Ian
Charles Bishop
2017-04-15 15:12:35 UTC
Post by Reinhold {Rey} Aman
Post by Peter Duncanson [BrE]
"locus" is word borrowed from Latin meaning a "place".
In German, _Lokus_ is an old but fairly common euphemism for "toilet".
Shortened from Latin _locus necessitatis_.
"locus necessitatis" - oh that's brilliant!
Shortened to "netty" in the Geordie language.
Geordies using Latin?!?
Whey aye, y'buggah!
Hev yuh nivvor hord ov Hadrian's Waall?
Do you think that Hadrian and the Roman army did all the hard work? Most
of the heavy stuff would have been done by the locals who, even if they
didn't have enough Latin for The Judging, would have had to have had
enough to interact with the Army of Occupation (tuh dee wot they wor
telt). The east end of The Wall ends at Wallsend on Tyne - and you can't
get more Geordie than that.
Did the pick the place to end of the wall based on the name of the
village?
charles
Ian Jackson
2017-04-15 17:06:31 UTC
Post by Reinhold {Rey} Aman
Post by Peter Duncanson [BrE]
"locus" is word borrowed from Latin meaning a "place".
In German, _Lokus_ is an old but fairly common euphemism for "toilet".
Shortened from Latin _locus necessitatis_.
"locus necessitatis" - oh that's brilliant!
Shortened to "netty" in the Geordie language.
Geordies using Latin?!?
Whey aye, y'buggah!
Hev yuh nivvor hord ov Hadrian's Waall?
Do you think that Hadrian and the Roman army did all the hard work? Most
of the heavy stuff would have been done by the locals who, even if they
didn't have enough Latin for The Judging, would have had to have had
enough to interact with the Army of Occupation (tuh dee wot they wor
telt). The east end of The Wall ends at Wallsend on Tyne - and you can't
get more Geordie than that.
Did the pick the place to end of the wall based on the name of the
village?
Yes. They didn't really want to end The Wall there, but there was little
option. They had a similar problem having to route The Wall through the
village of Wall, a few miles west of Novocastria.
Ian
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-04-15 23:44:02 UTC
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Reinhold {Rey} Aman
Post by Peter Duncanson [BrE]
[...]
"Novocastria" made me cross my legs.
You have reached the CPX-2000 Voice Blackmail System. Your voice patterns are now being digitally encoded and stored for later use. Once this is done, our computers will be able to use the sound of YOUR voice for literally thousands of illegal and immoral purposes. There is no charge for this initial consultation. However our staff of professional extortionists will contact you in the near future to further explain the benefits of our service, and to arrange for your schedule of payment. Remember to speak clearly at the sound of the tone. Thank you.
The Peeler
2017-04-15 23:51:34 UTC
On Sun, 16 Apr 2017 00:44:02 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),
Post by Ian Jackson
Yes. They didn't really want to end The Wall there, but there was little
option. They had a similar problem having to route The Wall through the
village of Wall, a few miles west of Novocastria.
"Novocastria" made me cross my legs.
Yes, like a real idiot would, Birdbrain!
MID: <***@red.lan>
The Peeler
2017-04-15 16:35:04 UTC
Post by Ian Jackson
Whey aye, y'buggah!
Hev yuh nivvor hord ov Hadrian's Waall?
Do you think that Hadrian and the Roman army did all the hard work? Most
of the heavy stuff would have been done by the locals who, even if they
didn't have enough Latin for The Judging, would have had to have had
enough to interact with the Army of Occupation (tuh dee wot they wor
telt). The east end of The Wall ends at Wallsend on Tyne - and you can't
get more Geordie than that.
Ian, from "Casell's Dictionary of Word and Phrase Origins":

"netty
Lavatory, privy. This term to be heard in certain parts of northern Britain
and recorded in the English Dialect Dictionary (1898) is short for
gabinetti, the Italian word for closets, small rooms, lavatories.
Presumably, it must have been picked up from Italian immigrants at some
stage.
Compare the equally cosy Australian term "dunny", for an outside lavatory.
This, however, comes from the same root as 'dung', via 'dunnakin',
eighteenth century English slang."
harry
2017-04-15 06:49:48 UTC
Post by Reinhold {Rey} Aman
Post by Peter Duncanson [BrE]
"locus" is word borrowed from Latin meaning a "place".
In German, _Lokus_ is an old but fairly common euphemism for "toilet".
Shortened from Latin _locus necessitatis_.
--
~~~ Reinhold {Rey} Aman ~~~
I thought that was Klo?

Ich bin froh
Das mein Po
Passt genau
Auf unsere Klo
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-04-15 09:02:02 UTC
Post by harry
Post by Reinhold {Rey} Aman
Post by Peter Duncanson [BrE]
"locus" is word borrowed from Latin meaning a "place".
In German, _Lokus_ is an old but fairly common euphemism for "toilet".
Shortened from Latin _locus necessitatis_.
--
~~~ Reinhold {Rey} Aman ~~~
I thought that was Klo?
Ich bin froh
Das mein Po
Passt genau
Auf unsere Klo
My German is rusty. I'm happy that my backside fits exactly on our toilet? Is that a German Edward Lear?
Loose or missing nuts. Spank the monkey (Y/N)?
The Peeler
2017-04-15 09:34:14 UTC
On Sat, 15 Apr 2017 10:02:02 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
Post by harry
I thought that was Klo?
Ich bin froh
Das mein Po
Passt genau
Auf unsere Klo
My German is rusty.
Not only your "German", your entire "brain" is rusty, the say the least!
MID: <***@red.lan>
Ophelia

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-04-14 22:43:24 UTC
Post by Peter Duncanson [BrE]
Post by The Todal
[...]
Except in this article, rather ambiguous.
Circumvent (n.), an opening in the front of boxer shorts worn by Jewish men.
The Peeler
2017-04-14 23:01:14 UTC
On Fri, 14 Apr 2017 23:43:24 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),
Post by Peter Duncanson [BrE]
https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090123132442AA8lGsr
Except in this article, rather ambiguous.
It's like your "mind" then, Birdbrain? But then, your "mind" is really
unambiguously stupid! LOL
--
More from Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) strange sociopathic
world:
"Having read the utter bullshit about dying if you fall in a freezing lake
for 15 minutes, I've tried it on many occasions. It takes 30 minutes to
even get chattering teeth, an hour to shiver nicely, and 2 hours to shiver
hard."
MID: <***@red.lan>
The Todal
2017-04-17 23:28:55 UTC
Post by Peter Duncanson [BrE]
Post by The Todal
[...]
Solicitors and barristers use the word "locus", short for "locus in quo"
to mean "place where it happened" (whatever "it" happens to be in the
context).
The Peeler
2017-04-14 22:23:07 UTC
On Fri, 14 Apr 2017 18:03:59 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

<FLUSH the inevitable attention-baiting BULLSHIT unread>
MID: <***@red.lan>
Peter Young
2017-04-15 06:43:06 UTC
Post by The Peeler
On Fri, 14 Apr 2017 18:03:59 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),
<FLUSH the inevitable attention-baiting BULLSHIT unread>
Praises be for killfiles.

Fredxxx
2017-04-15 09:37:11 UTC
Post by The Peeler
On Fri, 14 Apr 2017 18:03:59 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),
<FLUSH the inevitable attention-baiting BULLSHIT unread>
You are unique, no other person on these newsgroups has it so bad for
another poster who is clearly a sociopath.

What has Peter done to you for you to be so obsessed with him?

Do tell, or is it so embarrassing you can't?
pamela
2017-04-15 12:51:32 UTC
Post by Fredxxx
Post by The Peeler
On Fri, 14 Apr 2017 18:03:59 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James
Wilkinson"), the pathological attention whore of all the uk
<FLUSH the inevitable attention-baiting BULLSHIT unread>
You are unique, no other person on these newsgroups has it so
bad for another poster who is clearly a sociopath.
What has Peter done to you for you to be so obsessed with him?
Do tell, or is it so embarrassing you can't?
I wonder what historical event has caused these two to fall out so
badly.
pamela
badly.
The Peeler
2017-04-15 16:35:26 UTC
On Sat, 15 Apr 2017 10:37:11 +0100, Fredxxx, the resident smartass,
Post by Fredxxx
Post by The Peeler
<FLUSH the inevitable attention-baiting BULLSHIT unread>
You are unique, no other person on these newsgroups has it so bad for
another poster who is clearly a sociopath.
What has Peter done to you for you to be so obsessed with him?
Do tell, or is it so embarrassing you can't?
I usually don't answer questions asked by notorious smartasses. HTH.