JFK's secret meth addiction
2018-06-13 11:25:59 UTC
"Bod" <***@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:***@mid.individual.net...
: HE may have been one of the most popular leaders of the 20th century,
: but JFK and his wife had a secret addiction.
:
: WE'RE in the middle of an ice epidemic, but what many people don't
: realise is methamphetamines aren't new. People have been addicted to
: them in one form or another for many years. And some of those people
: have maintained successful lives. In fact, one of the most popular
: leaders of the 20th century received regular injections. The following
: is an extract from the new book Addicted? which looks at the history and
: complexity of drug addiction.
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/jfks-secret-meth-addiction/news-story/7c00f3f851000e10d2ea8745fbd46d42
:
: Interesting.
: --
: Bod
BurfordTJustice
2018-06-13 11:26:08 UTC
: On 13/06/2018 10:27, Uncle Monster wrote:
: > On Wednesday, June 13, 2018 at 2:08:28 AM UTC-5, Bod wrote:
: >> HE may have been one of the most popular leaders of the 20th century,
: >> but JFK and his wife had a secret addiction.
: >>
: >> WE'RE in the middle of an ice epidemic, but what many people don't
: >> realise is methamphetamines aren't new. People have been addicted to
: >> them in one form or another for many years. And some of those people
: >> have maintained successful lives. In fact, one of the most popular
: >> leaders of the 20th century received regular injections. The following
: >> is an extract from the new book Addicted? which looks at the history
and
: >> complexity of drug addiction.
: >>
: >>
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/jfks-secret-meth-addiction/news-story/7c00f3f851000e10d2ea8745fbd46d42
: >>
: >> Interesting.
: >> --
: >> Bod
: >
: > Hell, let's dig him up and put him on trial! o_O
: >
: > [8~{} Uncle Grave Monster
: >
: People should be free to take whatever they like. It is up to the
: individual whether they abuse anything....personal responsibility.
: Many people drink the poison/drug called alcohol. Most drink it
: responsibility and THAT is legal.
:
: --
: Bod
BurfordTJustice
2018-06-13 11:26:43 UTC
as an illegal drug user why should you be believed on any subject?

: On 13/06/2018 11:50, Morph wrote:
: > On 06/13/2018 05:45 AM, Bod wrote:
: >> People should be free to take whatever they like. It is up to the
: >> individual whether they abuse anything....personal responsibility.
: >> Many people drink the poison/drug called alcohol. Most drink it
: >> responsibility and THAT is legal.
: >
: >> .
: >
: > Yes, free choice *until* the worthless losers expect the taxpayers to
: > provide subsidized/free health care when they land in the local
: > emergency room. At that point, the only free option should be a
: > guillotine. Dopers contribute nothing and cost the taxpayers their
: > hard-earned money.
: >
: >
: > The fact is dopers/drunks seldom ever take personal responsibility.
: >
: Which means that making things legal or illegal makes no difference to
them.
: They will still abuse the stuff.
:
: --
: Bod
BurfordTJustice
2018-06-13 11:27:00 UTC
: On 13/06/2018 11:23, Dean Hoffman wrote:
: > On 6/13/18 2:08 AM, Bod wrote:
[...]
: > The story we got from way back when was that the President's back
: > problems were
: > from WWII. PT109 was a movie showing his wartime experience. It was a
: > big deal.
: > Even my parents took us to see it. They were frugal people having
: > grown up during the
: > Depression.
: >
: Ok.
:
: --
: Bod
BurfordTJustice
2018-06-13 14:16:42 UTC
: On 13/06/2018 13:56, trader_4 wrote:
: > On Wednesday, June 13, 2018 at 7:21:39 AM UTC-4, Bod wrote:
: >> On 13/06/2018 11:50, Morph wrote:
: >>> On 06/13/2018 05:45 AM, Bod wrote:
: >>>> People should be free to take whatever they like. It is up to the
: >>>> individual whether they abuse anything....personal responsibility.
: >>>> Many people drink the poison/drug called alcohol. Most drink it
: >>>> responsibility and THAT is legal.
: >>>
: >>>> .
: >>>
: >>> Yes, free choice *until* the worthless losers expect the taxpayers to
: >>> provide subsidized/free health care when they land in the local
: >>> emergency room. At that point, the only free option should be a
: >>> guillotine. Dopers contribute nothing and cost the taxpayers their
: >>> hard-earned money.
: >>>
: >>>
: >>> The fact is dopers/drunks seldom ever take personal responsibility.
: >>>
: >> Which means that making things legal or illegal makes no difference to
them.
: >> They will still abuse the stuff.
: >>
: >> --
: >> Bod
: >
: > The difference is if it was all legal and available the vast majority
: > of the crime element would be taken out of the equation. But then how
: > much bigger of a drug user problem we'd have would be the issue and the
costs
: > of dealing with that.
: >
: I can't see the drug abuse problem would increase. Most folk imbibe etc
: sensibly. When alcohol prohibition came in the USA, crime went up, as
: did drink abuse. When they scrapped prohibition, at least you knew what
: was in the alcohol and the strength, which made drinking it much safer.
: Folk shouldn't have to be nannied
:
: --
: Bod
BurfordTJustice
2018-06-13 14:17:03 UTC
: On 13/06/2018 12:41, Frank wrote:
: > On 6/13/2018 5:27 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
[...]
: >>> --
: >>> Bod
: >>
: >> Hell, let's dig him up and put him on trial! o_O
: >>
: >> [8~{} Uncle Grave Monster
: >>
: >
: > It is not news and known for quite a while. It was legal at the time
: > and I recall a coworker getting a prescription so he could lose weight.
: >
: Fair enough.
:
: --
: Bod
BurfordTJustice

: Bod
BurfordTJustice
2018-06-13 20:02:23 UTC
: On 13/06/2018 15:54, trader_4 wrote:
: > On Wednesday, June 13, 2018 at 9:47:33 AM UTC-4, Bod wrote:
: >> On 13/06/2018 13:56, trader_4 wrote:
: >>> On Wednesday, June 13, 2018 at 7:21:39 AM UTC-4, Bod wrote:
: >>>> On 13/06/2018 11:50, Morph wrote:
: >>>>> On 06/13/2018 05:45 AM, Bod wrote:
: >>>>>> People should be free to take whatever they like. It is up to the
: >>>>>> individual whether they abuse anything....personal responsibility.
: >>>>>> Many people drink the poison/drug called alcohol. Most drink it
: >>>>>> responsibility and THAT is legal.
: >>>>>
: >>>>>> .
: >>>>>
: >>>>> Yes, free choice *until* the worthless losers expect the taxpayers
: >>>>> provide subsidized/free health care when they land in the local
: >>>>> emergency room. At that point, the only free option should be a
: >>>>> guillotine. Dopers contribute nothing and cost the taxpayers their
: >>>>> hard-earned money.
: >>>>>
: >>>>>
: >>>>> The fact is dopers/drunks seldom ever take personal responsibility.
: >>>>>
: >>>> Which means that making things legal or illegal makes no difference
to them.
: >>>> They will still abuse the stuff.
: >>>>
: >>>> --
: >>>> Bod
: >>>
: >>> The difference is if it was all legal and available the vast majority
: >>> of the crime element would be taken out of the equation. But then how
: >>> much bigger of a drug user problem we'd have would be the issue and
the costs
: >>> of dealing with that.
: >>>
: >> I can't see the drug abuse problem would increase.
: >
: > I can. A whole lot of people who now wouldn't try it, would because
: > it's legal and accessible. And a lot of people who try something now,
: > maybe at a party, but who don't have a ready source right there to
: > get some more tomorrow would go buy it legally tomorrow or next week
: > to get high again. And a lot of these
: > drugs, eg crack and heroine, are a lot more addictive than alcohol.
: >
: >
: >
: >> Most folk imbibe etc
: >> sensibly. When alcohol prohibition came in the USA, crime went up, as
: >> did drink abuse.
: >
: > Crime certainly did, the alcohol abuse part, I've never heard before.
: >
: >
: >
: >
: > When they scrapped prohibition, at least you knew what
: >> was in the alcohol and the strength, which made drinking it much safer.
: >> Folk shouldn't have to be nannied
: >>
: >> --
: >> Bod
: >
: > The counter argument is that once it's legal, safer and "normal"
: > more people will be tempted to go try it. How many times do you
: > think you have to try crack, heroine or meth, to become addicted?
: > You yourself posted that JFK and his wife were using meth regularly.
: >
: > We'll have some more data on where at least some legalization leads,
: > with pot now being legalized in more states. But that's also a long
: > way from legalizing the rest of the far more dangerous drugs. I'd
: > have to see a lot of good data that shows it doesn't actually make
: > things worse, instead of better.
: >
: Yes, lots of data needs to be collated to get a better idea of the
: effects on society, which is fair enough and sensible.
: The problem is that governments are frightened of armageddon because of
: pre assumptions without the facts.
: Example: Our government asked two of the top professors in the UK who
: were experts on drugs to do a study. They were asked for a report on the
: outcome of legalisation and guess what.... they reported back that many
: drugs should be legalised, the government didn't like the result, so the
: government sacked them.
:
: "Alcohol 'more harmful than heroin' says Prof David Nutt"
:
: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11660210
:
: --
: Bod
BurfordTJustice
2018-06-13 20:02:51 UTC
: On 13/06/2018 16:17, trader_4 wrote:
: > On Wednesday, June 13, 2018 at 11:07:46 AM UTC-4, Bod wrote:
: >> On 13/06/2018 15:54, trader_4 wrote:
: >>> On Wednesday, June 13, 2018 at 9:47:33 AM UTC-4, Bod wrote:
: >>>> On 13/06/2018 13:56, trader_4 wrote:
: >>>>> On Wednesday, June 13, 2018 at 7:21:39 AM UTC-4, Bod wrote:
: >>>>>> On 13/06/2018 11:50, Morph wrote:
: >>>>>>> On 06/13/2018 05:45 AM, Bod wrote:
: >>>>>>>> People should be free to take whatever they like. It is up to the
: >>>>>>>> individual whether they abuse anything....personal
responsibility.
: >>>>>>>> Many people drink the poison/drug called alcohol. Most drink it
: >>>>>>>> responsibility and THAT is legal.
: >>>>>>>
: >>>>>>>> .
: >>>>>>>
: >>>>>>> Yes, free choice *until* the worthless losers expect the taxpayers
: >>>>>>> provide subsidized/free health care when they land in the local
: >>>>>>> emergency room. At that point, the only free option should be a
: >>>>>>> guillotine. Dopers contribute nothing and cost the taxpayers their
: >>>>>>> hard-earned money.
: >>>>>>>
: >>>>>>>
: >>>>>>> The fact is dopers/drunks seldom ever take personal
responsibility.
: >>>>>>>
: >>>>>> Which means that making things legal or illegal makes no difference
to them.
: >>>>>> They will still abuse the stuff.
: >>>>>>
: >>>>>> --
: >>>>>> Bod
: >>>>>
[...]
: > I don't think his study says what you imply it says.
: >
: > Prof Nutt told the BBC: "Overall, alcohol is the most harmful drug
because it's so widely used.
: >
: > "Crack cocaine is more addictive than alcohol but because alcohol is so
widely used there are hundreds of thousands of people who crave alcohol
every day, and those people will go to extraordinary lengths to get it."
: >
: >
: > What he concluded isn't shocking or unusual. Alcohol is legal, very
widely
: > used and accepted. The illegal drugs are not. So if you look at
alcohol's
: > cost to society in terms of crime, healthcare costs, lost work,
shortened
: > lives, etc, it's no surprise that it would overall rank higher than
heroine
: > and crack. Having alcohol with a rating of 72 while the other two come
in
: > at 55, is really pretty bad, considering one is widely used, in most
homes,
: > and the others are not. What do you think would happen if heroine and
: > crack were legal and just as widespread as alcohol?
: >
: But there's widespread hypocrasy in our Parliament:
:
: 'Parliament boozes its way through £1.2m in two years - while telling us
: to cut down'
: I think there's at least 7 bars in the houses of Parliament alone and
: they are always full.
: Many insiders claim that several MPs regularly snort Cocaine as well.
: They found Coke traces on top of cistern lids etc.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/parliament-boozes-way-through-12m-7556984
: --
: Bod
BurfordTJustice
2018-06-13 20:03:00 UTC
[...]
: > But there's widespread hypocrisy in our Parliament:
: >
: > 'Parliament boozes its way through £1.2m in two years - while telling us
: > to cut down'
: > I think there's at least 7 bars in the houses of Parliament alone and
: > they are always full.
: > Many insiders claim that several MPs regularly snort Cocaine as well.
: > They found Coke traces on top of cistern lids etc.
: >
: >
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/parliament-boozes-way-through-12m-7556984
: >
: >
: > 'Traces of the class A drug were found in nine toilets throughout the
Palace Of ... the white powder must have been snorted in the past few hours'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2362866/Corridors-powder-Drug-scandal-Houses-Parliament-traces-cocaine-toilets-Palace-Westminster.html
: --
: Bod
BurfordTJustice
2018-06-13 20:03:07 UTC
"Bod" <***@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:***@mid.individual.net...
: On 13/06/2018 18:13, ***@aol.com wrote:
: > On Wed, 13 Jun 2018 16:29:47 +0100, Bod <***@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
: >
: >>
[...]
: > The Carter white house was cocaine fueled. When you walked to the back
: > of Clydes in Georgetown it looked like a senior staff meeting at EOB
: > and when you went into the men's room you could always hear the
: > familiar sound of blow being chopped on the top of those stainless
: > steel toilet paper holders. 2 or 3 guys in 3 piece suits would come
: > out of one stall. They were usually familiar faces you see on the
: > news.
: >
: 3 coming out of one stall......Lol.
:
: --
: Bod
BurfordTJustice
2018-06-13 20:03:16 UTC
"Bod" <***@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:***@mid.individual.net...
: On 13/06/2018 19:55, ***@aol.com wrote:
: > On Wed, 13 Jun 2018 18:21:56 +0100, Bod <***@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
: >
[...]
: > Nobody was sitting down. They just huddled around the blow.
: >
::-)
:
: --
: Bod
BurfordTJustice
2018-06-13 20:03:23 UTC
"Bod" <***@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:***@mid.individual.net...
: On 13/06/2018 17:21, ***@aol.com wrote:
: > On Wed, 13 Jun 2018 16:07:41 +0100, Bod <***@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
: >
: >> Yes, lots of data needs to be collated to get a better idea of the
: >> effects on society, which is fair enough and sensible.
: >> The problem is that governments are frightened of armageddon because of
: >> pre assumptions without the facts.
: >> Example: Our government asked two of the top professors in the UK who
: >> were experts on drugs to do a study. They were asked for a report on
the
: >> outcome of legalisation and guess what.... they reported back that many
: >> drugs should be legalised, the government didn't like the result, so
the
: >> government sacked them.
: >>
: >> "Alcohol 'more harmful than heroin' says Prof David Nutt"
: >>
: >> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11660210
: >
: > I was a designated "mentor" for at risk employees back when firing
: > people, particularly minorities, was hard. I dealt with 2 heroin
: > addicts. One was quite functional the other, not so much but they were
: > both better than some of the alcoholics I had to deal with. They
: > certainly smelled better.
: >
: An interesting anecdote.
:
: --
: Bod
BurfordTJustice
2018-06-13 20:03:31 UTC
"Bod" <***@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:***@mid.individual.net...
: On 13/06/2018 17:12, ***@aol.com wrote:
: > On Wed, 13 Jun 2018 07:54:20 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
: > <***@optonline.net> wrote:
: >
: >> On Wednesday, June 13, 2018 at 9:47:33 AM UTC-4, Bod wrote:
: >>> On 13/06/2018 13:56, trader_4 wrote:
: >>>> On Wednesday, June 13, 2018 at 7:21:39 AM UTC-4, Bod wrote:
: >>>>> On 13/06/2018 11:50, Morph wrote:
: >>>>>> On 06/13/2018 05:45 AM, Bod wrote:
: >>>>>>> People should be free to take whatever they like. It is up to the
: >>>>>>> individual whether they abuse anything....personal responsibility.
: >>>>>>> Many people drink the poison/drug called alcohol. Most drink it
: >>>>>>> responsibility and THAT is legal.
: >>>>>>
: >>>>>>> .
: >>>>>>
: >>>>>> Yes, free choice *until* the worthless losers expect the taxpayers
: >>>>>> provide subsidized/free health care when they land in the local
: >>>>>> emergency room. At that point, the only free option should be a
: >>>>>> guillotine. Dopers contribute nothing and cost the taxpayers their
: >>>>>> hard-earned money.
: >>>>>>
: >>>>>>
: >>>>>> The fact is dopers/drunks seldom ever take personal responsibility.
: >>>>>>
: >>>>> Which means that making things legal or illegal makes no difference
to them.
: >>>>> They will still abuse the stuff.
: >>>>>
: >>>>> --
: >>>>> Bod
: >>>>
[...]
: > The places that have legalized drugs see an initial spike in users,
: > then it tapers back down to about where it was when it was illegal. It
: > may actually be lower since illegal drug users are less likely to say
: > they use so the numbers get skewed.
: > One of the most addictive drugs on the planet is nicotine and they
: > sell that everywhere.
: >
: Spot on.
:
: --
: Bod
BurfordTJustice
2018-06-13 20:03:43 UTC
"Bod" <***@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:***@mid.individual.net...
: On 13/06/2018 17:07, ***@aol.com wrote:
: > On Wed, 13 Jun 2018 07:41:32 -0400, Frank <"frank "@frank.net> wrote:
: >
[...]
: > Speed is still legal, they just call it ADD medicine. There is
: > virtually no difference between a 20mg Adderal pill and the old "black
: > beauty" that was around in the 70s except the color..
: >
: Interesting.
:
: --
: Bod
BurfordTJustice
2018-06-13 20:03:53 UTC
"Bod" <***@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:***@mid.individual.net...
: On 13/06/2018 17:05, ***@aol.com wrote:
: > On Wed, 13 Jun 2018 05:23:31 -0500, Dean Hoffman
: > <***@windstream.net> wrote:
: >
: >> On 6/13/18 2:08 AM, Bod wrote:
[...]
: > Nobody wanted us to know he had addision's disease so they made up
: > that bad back story. They also did want us to know the speed was to
: > keep him awake because of all the opiates he was taking. He was doing
: > "speed balls" long before it was cool
: > This wasn't as much an "able White House" as it was Amy Winehouse.
: > JFK and FDR were two of the sickest and most stoned presidents in
: > history.
: >
: Oh, I didn't know that.
: