Cressida Dick - Stop and Search
Add Reply
Nick
2017-08-09 15:38:40 UTC
<https://www.theguardian.com/law/2017/aug/09/amber-rudd-backs-met-police-chief-cressida-dick-stop-and-search>
---
Figures show black people are six times more likely than white people to be stopped.

Asked about concerns that people were being searched because of the colour of their skin, Dick said: “We need to fight that perception; we are absolutely not doing that. It has no place in modern policing. Our outcome rate – one in three positive – is the same whether you are black, white or whoever you are.”
---

As with much of what Cressida Dick says I don't understand this comment. She seems to think it implies something it doesn't.

A high proportion of young people take drugs if the police randomly stop people it is likely that a significant proportion will have drugs on them.

There may be no difference between how many young black people take drugs and how many white people take drugs but if you stop 6 times as many black youths you will end up with 6 times as many black people convicted for possession of drugs.

If she wants to use stop and search as a means of stopping knife crime I'm sure she would be much less likely to alienate the black community if the police actually searched for weapons as opposed to drugs.
Jethro_uk
2017-08-09 15:41:42 UTC
Post by Nick
If she wants to use stop and search as a means of stopping knife crime
I'm sure she would be much less likely to alienate the black community
if the police actually searched for weapons as opposed to drugs.
The problem is devil and deep blue sea.

The *best* approach would be to only charge people stopped with
possession of a knife, and leave all else alone.

However, you can already hear the hysterics of the Mail, Express etc, if
it were to be revealed that police were not charging people found with
(for example) a small amount of cannabis as a result of a search for a
knife.

So the police would end up having to charge people for everything they
find. Be it a knife, acid, or a spliff. Thus leading to no one trusting
the police (again).
Handsome Jack
2017-08-09 16:33:13 UTC
Post by Jethro_uk
Post by Nick
If she wants to use stop and search as a means of stopping knife crime
I'm sure she would be much less likely to alienate the black community
if the police actually searched for weapons as opposed to drugs.
The problem is devil and deep blue sea.
The *best* approach would be to only charge people stopped with
possession of a knife, and leave all else alone.
However, you can already hear the hysterics of the Mail, Express etc, if
it were to be revealed that police were not charging people found with
(for example) a small amount of cannabis as a result of a search for a
knife.
So the police would end up having to charge people for everything they
find.
This inference is only correct if the intermediate, unspoken premise
"The police must always end up doing what the Mail Express etc say they
should do" is true. If it is, then that's what we need to change.
Jack
Ted
2017-08-09 17:15:31 UTC
Post by Jethro_uk
Post by Nick
If she wants to use stop and search as a means of stopping knife crime
I'm sure she would be much less likely to alienate the black community
if the police actually searched for weapons as opposed to drugs.
The problem is devil and deep blue sea.
The *best* approach would be to only charge people stopped with
possession of a knife, and leave all else alone.
Police ignoring small amounts of Cannabis is the norm'.
the police (again).
abelard
2017-08-09 17:40:32 UTC
On Wed, 9 Aug 2017 18:15:31 +0100, Ted
Post by Ted
Post by Jethro_uk
Post by Nick
If she wants to use stop and search as a means of stopping knife crime
I'm sure she would be much less likely to alienate the black community
if the police actually searched for weapons as opposed to drugs.
The problem is devil and deep blue sea.
The *best* approach would be to only charge people stopped with
possession of a knife, and leave all else alone.
Police ignoring small amounts of Cannabis is the norm'.
but is it the nick?
www.abelard.org
Ted
2017-08-09 17:52:31 UTC
Post by Ted
Post by Jethro_uk
Post by Nick
If she wants to use stop and search as a means of stopping knife crime
I'm sure she would be much less likely to alienate the black community
if the police actually searched for weapons as opposed to drugs.
The problem is devil and deep blue sea.
The *best* approach would be to only charge people stopped with
possession of a knife, and leave all else alone.
Police ignoring small amounts of Cannabis is the norm'.
but is it the nick?
In the 60s it was a three way split whether they put it back in your
pocket, took it for their own use or nicked you!
Nick
2017-08-09 21:46:32 UTC
Post by Jethro_uk
Post by Nick
If she wants to use stop and search as a means of stopping knife crime
I'm sure she would be much less likely to alienate the black community
if the police actually searched for weapons as opposed to drugs.
The problem is devil and deep blue sea.
The *best* approach would be to only charge people stopped with
possession of a knife, and leave all else alone.
Obvious to me, obvious to you. I don't know about you but I wouldn't
classify myself as super smart so it should have occurred to at least
one of Dick's advisers and it should have occurred to the person
interviewing her. No wonder the young have lost respect for the MSM.
Post by Jethro_uk
However, you can already hear the hysterics of the Mail, Express etc, if
it were to be revealed that police were not charging people found with
(for example) a small amount of cannabis as a result of a search for a
knife.
I don't buy that. I think drugs have lost their demon status.

I suspect it is more that the officers feel they need to have a
justification for stopping someone. Something like performance metrics.
Somewhere the logic goes that if they find drugs the speculative stop
and search is justifiable and hence the community should accept it.

All it really needs is for someone with a brain to intervene.
the police (again).
JNugent
2017-08-11 12:33:11 UTC
Post by Jethro_uk
Post by Nick
If she wants to use stop and search as a means of stopping knife crime
I'm sure she would be much less likely to alienate the black community
if the police actually searched for weapons as opposed to drugs.
The problem is devil and deep blue sea.
The *best* approach would be to only charge people stopped with
possession of a knife, and leave all else alone.
However, you can already hear the hysterics of the Mail, Express etc, if
it were to be revealed that police were not charging people found with
(for example) a small amount of cannabis as a result of a search for a
knife.
So the police would end up having to charge people for everything they
find. Be it a knife, acid, or a spliff. Thus leading to no one trusting
the police (again).
I know what you mean.

I have learned not to trust the police to properly enforce the law on
illegal drug possession.
Incubus
2017-08-11 13:08:04 UTC
Post by JNugent
Post by Jethro_uk
Post by Nick
[...]
:)

It is strange that they are instructed to turn a blind eye to it.
What's the point of having laws if they aren't enforced?
JNugent
2017-08-11 14:00:39 UTC
Post by JNugent
Post by Jethro_uk
Post by Nick
[...]
Exactly.

I would be content to see every - even quite minor - infraction punished
with a custodial sentence, no matter how brief it may be in respect of
possession of a "personal use" amount (for a first offence, at least).

It isn't something you can easily do inadvertently, like doing 33mph.
abelard
2017-08-11 14:23:58 UTC
Post by JNugent
Post by JNugent
Post by Jethro_uk
Post by Nick
[...]
motorist tend to have money to collar...

druggies only cost money for board and lodging...

government has its priorities
www.abelard.org
Ted
2017-08-09 16:54:23 UTC

No, not much ...
Mike
Black bastards are 6 times more likely to be into violent crime.
BurfordTJustice
Basil Jet
2017-08-09 20:25:26 UTC
Post by Nick
[...]
There is logic in what she is saying, but she can not really be said to
be proving her point.

Suppose 99% of whites wore a suit and tie, and had a zero chance of
carrying a knife. 1% of whites wore backward baseball caps, and had a
50% chance of carrying a knife. And suppose 99% of blacks wore backward
baseball caps, and these also had a 50% chance of carrying a knife. The
1% of blacks who wore suits had a negligible chance of carrying a knife.
So the police ignore race and search everyone wearing a baseball cap,
and get a 50% weapon rate in both races. The fact that blacks were being
searched 99 times as often as whites would be caused not by racial
profiling but by clothing profiling.
Nick
2017-08-09 21:49:04 UTC
Proving the point, is the point of logic.
Basil Jet
2017-08-09 22:16:28 UTC
Post by Nick
Post by Basil Jet
There is logic in what she is saying, but she can not really be said
to be proving her point.
Proving the point, is the point of logic.
There's a massive chasm between provably logical and provably illogical.
She was in that chasm.
Ted
She has the right surname.
Byker
2017-08-09 23:04:00 UTC
Post by Nick
<https://www.theguardian.com/law/2017/aug/09/amber-rudd-backs-met-police-chief-cressida-dick-stop-and-search>
Figures show black people are six times more likely than white people to be stopped.
And with good reason. Black cops are often the most vocal about the
dysfunctional ways of their own people. I’ve heard black officers say the
most "racist" things against their own people, the kind of stuff that a
White policeman could never get away with.

Blacks are so accustomed to contacts from the police, that when an officer
arrives at their doorstep they are rarely surprised by it. A high percentage
of these people are routinely contacted by law enforcement officers, and it’s
not because the cops are "profiling" or "picking" on them either.

Rather, it’s because so many of them are engaged in criminal behavior, or
calling the police to report criminal behavior among their own people. Large
numbers of them are also on parole or county probation, so periodic
"check-ups" by the cops becomes a normal way of life for them...
2017-08-10 14:11:36 UTC
Post by Nick
<https://www.theguardian.com/law/2017/aug/09/amber-rudd-backs-met-police-chief-cressida-dick-stop-and-search>
---
Figures show black people are six times more likely than white people to be stopped.
Figures also show that there is six times as much justification for
stopping black people.
- -

"We CAN hide forever."
- Klaun Shittinb'ricks (1940 - ), acknowledging that he will
NEVER prove where he infests or give his real jew name

"Die Juden sind unser Unglück!"
- Heinrich von Treitschke (1834 - 1896)

"First they came for the Socialists, and I did not speak out
because I was not a Socialist. Then they came for the Trade
Unionists, and I did not speak out because I was not a Trade
Unionist. Then they came for the jews, and I did not speak out
because I did not give a shit. Then they came for me and there
wasn't a single commie bastard left to speak for me."
- Martin Niemöller (1892 - 1984)

Illuc nisi Dei gratia vadam.
- Revd Terence Fformby-Smythe (? - )
The Peeler
2017-08-10 16:11:43 UTC
On Thu, 10 Aug 2017 07:11:36 -0700, serbian bitch Razovic, the resident
Post by Nick
<https://www.theguardian.com/law/2017/aug/09/amber-rudd-backs-met-police-chief-cressida-dick-stop-and-search>
---
Figures show black people are six times more likely than white people to be stopped.
Figures also show that there is six times as much justification for
stopping black people.
Figures show that your posts are at least six times stupider than those of
the stupidest trolls, dumb anal Razovic!
--
bosodeniro to dumb anal Razovic:
"Are you a glutton for abuse or just fucking lonely?"
In article <***@4ax.com>,
A shiteating cowardly nazoid sub-louse PEDO named Andrew "Andrzej"
Figures also show that there is six times as much justification for
stopping black people.
This Black person facefucked a really pretty nazoid babe. Watch
and weep, old pedo... LOL!

"Face of German neo-Nazi Party" Sucks Black Dick on Camera
You could not invent this, folks! It's just TOO **FUCKING** GOOD! LOMPO!
http://tinyurl.com/lnscf3m