The daft thing about this entire thread is that the DM article is about
a study in Norway.
"In the latest study Ole Rogeburg and Bernt Bratsberg, of the Ragnar
Frisch Centre for Economic Research in Oslo, found that Norwegian men's
IQs are lower than the scores of their fathers when they were the same age.
The pair analysed the scores from a standard IQ test of over 730,000 men
– who reported for national service between 1970 and 2009."
So, it has nothing whatsoever to do with UK immigration. That's just
Harry's subject line, and as we all know Harry does not bother to read
the articles he links to or apply any critical faculties to them.
Furthermore, AFAIK, Norway has not had much immigration, and to be
eligible for national service in 2009 any immigrants would have had to
arrive a good few years ago.
There are lots of possible explanations for the results found. Just as
an example of what *might* be happening:
1. Norway has got much richer in recent years because of oil and gas, and so
2. More people are being funded to do PhDs, and
3. People doing PhDs don't have to do national service, so
4. A good chunk of the people with highest IQs are not doing national
service and not having their IQs measured, so
5. The average IQ measured drops.