What now? Pompeo exits North Korea emptyhanded, leaving US with three options -- all of them bad
2018-07-08 11:27:46 UTC
"Bod" <***@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
news:***@mid.individual.net...
: On 08/07/2018 09:14, Uncle Monster wrote:
: > On Sunday, July 8, 2018 at 1:11:50 AM UTC-5, Bod wrote:
: >> FOX NEWS:
: >>
: >> Secretary of State Mike Pompeo seemingly failed to gain a single
: >> concession from North Korea after meetings Friday and Saturday in the
: >> communist nation's capital of Pyongyang to discuss America's demand
that
: >> the North get rid its nuclear weapons.
: >>
: >> In fact, it seems both sides can't even agree on what was discussed or
: >> how the talks went, with the North now even threatening to walk away
: >> from its vague pledge to denuclearize.
: >>
: >> Following Pompeo's talks with high-ranking North Korean government
: >> official Kim Yong Chol, North Korea accused the Trump administration of
: >> making a "unilateral and gangster-like demand for denuclearization"
that
: >> was "deeply regrettable."
: >>
: >> In marked contrast, Pompeo called the talks "productive" and said:
: >> "These are complicated issues, but we made progress on almost all of
the
: >> central issues." However, Pompeo did not specify what progress was
made.
: >>
: >> Tellingly, North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un - who rules with an iron
: >> fist and is the only one with the power to approve substantive
: >> concessions to the U.S. - did not even meet with Pompeo Friday or
: >> Saturday, although he has met with Pompeo before. That alone is
evidence
: >> that Pompeo walked away from the talks largely emptyhanded.
: >>
: >>
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/07/07/what-now-pompeo-exits-north-korea-emptyhanded-leaving-us-with-three-options-all-them-bad.html
: >> --
: >> Bod
: >
: > NUKE NORTH KOREA!!! ^_^
: >
: > [8~{} Uncle Nuclear Monster
: >
: (TRUMP) "I trust Kim Jong Un"
: (Trump on Kim Jong-un): "Once a 'Madman,' Now a 'Very
: Honorable man"
:
: --
: Bod
BurfordTJustice
2018-07-08 11:27:55 UTC
: On 08/07/2018 09:55, Uncle Monster wrote:
: > On Sunday, July 8, 2018 at 3:51:29 AM UTC-5, Bod wrote:
: >> On 08/07/2018 09:14, Uncle Monster wrote:
: >>> On Sunday, July 8, 2018 at 1:11:50 AM UTC-5, Bod wrote:
: >>>> FOX NEWS:
: >>>>
[...]
: >>>> --
: >>>> Bod
: >>>
: >>> NUKE NORTH KOREA!!! ^_^
: >>>
: >>> [8~{} Uncle Nuclear Monster
: >>>
: >> (TRUMP) "I trust Kim Jong Un"
: >> (Trump on Kim Jong-un): "Once a 'Madman,' Now a 'Very
: >> Honorable man"
: >> --
: >> Bod
: >
: > KILL ZEM!! KILL ZEM ALL!! o_O
: >
: > [8~{} Uncle Zem Monster
: >
: A better, non violent and cheaper idea would be to replace Trump with
: someone with a normally functioning brain.
:
: --
: Bod
BurfordTJustice
2018-07-08 14:18:02 UTC
Buy British or STFU and move.

: On 08/07/2018 11:49, Jack wrote:
: > On 07/08/2018 05:12 AM, Bod wrote:
: >> On 08/07/2018 09:55, Uncle Monster wrote:
: >>> On Sunday, July 8, 2018 at 3:51:29 AM UTC-5, Bod wrote:
: >>>> On 08/07/2018 09:14, Uncle Monster wrote:
: >>>>> On Sunday, July 8, 2018 at 1:11:50 AM UTC-5, Bod wrote:
: >>>>>> FOX NEWS:
: >>>>>>
[...]
: >>>>>> --
: >>>>>> Bod
: >>>>>
: >>>>> NUKE NORTH KOREA!!! ^_^
: >>>>>
: >>>>> [8~{} Uncle Nuclear Monster
: >>>>>
: >>>> (TRUMP) "I trust Kim Jong Un"
: >>>> (Trump on Kim Jong-un): "Once a 'Madman,' Now a 'Very
: >>>> Honorable man"
: >>>> --
: >>>> Bod
: >>>
: >>> KILL ZEM!! KILL ZEM ALL!! o_O
: >>>
: >>> [8~{} Uncle Zem Monster
: >>>
: >> A better, non violent and cheaper idea would be to replace Trump with
: >> someone with a normally functioning brain.
: >>
: > Actually, looking at the trade deficits between the US and the rest of
: > the world, it is clear that the US is getting screwed. President Trump
: > is now repairing the imbalance caused by previous US administrations.
: > President Trump is awesome and millions of tax-paying citizens will vote
: > for him again in 2020.
: >
: Really?
:
: Escalation of trade war will hurt US most, Mark Carney tells Donald Trump
:
: The governor of the Bank of England has warned Donald Trump that further
: escalation of US trade disputes around the world would damage the
: America the most, as the world's largest economy and China prepare to
: launch the opening salvos of a trade war on Friday.
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/jul/05/carney-tells-trump-escalation-of-trade-war-will-hurt-us-most
:
: --
: Bod
p-0''0-h the cat (coder)
2018-07-08 15:37:43 UTC
On Sun, 8 Jul 2018 10:18:02 -0400, "BurfordTJustice"
<burford/***@uk.MI15> wrote:

>Buy British or STFU and move.

I'm buying Chinese and British.

Sent from my iFurryUnderbelly.

--
p-0.0-h the cat

NewsGroups Numbrer One Terrorist

By Appointment to God Frank-Lin.

LATEST! entry 'religious maniac'

Signature integrity check
md5 Checksum: be0b2a8c486d83ce7db9a459b26c4896

rbowman
2018-07-08 16:32:06 UTC
On 07/08/2018 09:37 AM, p-0''0-h the cat (coder) wrote:
> On Sun, 8 Jul 2018 10:18:02 -0400, "BurfordTJustice"
> <burford/***@uk.MI15> wrote:
>
>> Buy British or STFU and move.
>
> I'm buying Chinese and British.

I bought a British car years ago. Then sanity set in. Damn Whitworth
fasteners. It was fun in an underpowered way. The only thing weaker than
the 1098 cc engine was the brakes. it took forever to get to 80,
slightly longer to get back to 0.
p-0''0-h the cat (coder)
2018-07-08 16:41:09 UTC
On Sun, 8 Jul 2018 10:32:06 -0600, rbowman <***@montana.com> wrote:

>On 07/08/2018 09:37 AM, p-0''0-h the cat (coder) wrote:
>> On Sun, 8 Jul 2018 10:18:02 -0400, "BurfordTJustice"
>> <burford/***@uk.MI15> wrote:
>>
>>> Buy British or STFU and move.
>>
>> I'm buying Chinese and British.
>
>I bought a British car years ago. Then sanity set in. Damn Whitworth
>fasteners. It was fun in an underpowered way. The only thing weaker than
>the 1098 cc engine was the brakes. it took forever to get to 80,
>slightly longer to get back to 0.

I forgot to add French and German for cars.

rbowman
2018-07-09 01:57:53 UTC
On 07/08/2018 10:41 AM, p-0''0-h the cat (coder) wrote:
> On Sun, 8 Jul 2018 10:32:06 -0600, rbowman <***@montana.com> wrote:
>
>> On 07/08/2018 09:37 AM, p-0''0-h the cat (coder) wrote:

>>> I'm buying Chinese and British.
>>
>> I bought a British car years ago. Then sanity set in. Damn Whitworth
>> fasteners. It was fun in an underpowered way. The only thing weaker than
>> the 1098 cc engine was the brakes. it took forever to get to 80,
>> slightly longer to get back to 0.
>
> I forgot to add French and German for cars.

At least the French can't bitch about a US tariff on their cars. I had a
Renault Alliance rental in the early '80s. Not a bad little econobox but
when Chrysler bought AMC in '87 that was the end. The Citroens were long
gone. They didn't even try to meet US regs and ceded the field. Peugeot
soldiered on but when the 405 tanked in the US they gave up in '91.
p-0''0-h the cat (coder)
2018-07-09 12:36:31 UTC
On Sun, 8 Jul 2018 19:57:53 -0600, rbowman <***@montana.com> wrote:

>On 07/08/2018 10:41 AM, p-0''0-h the cat (coder) wrote:

>>> I bought a British car years ago. Then sanity set in. Damn Whitworth
>>> fasteners. It was fun in an underpowered way. The only thing weaker than
>>> the 1098 cc engine was the brakes. it took forever to get to 80,
>>> slightly longer to get back to 0.
>>
>> I forgot to add French and German for cars.
>
>At least the French can't bitch about a US tariff on their cars. I had a
>Renault Alliance rental in the early '80s. Not a bad little econobox but
>when Chrysler bought AMC in '87 that was the end. The Citroens were long
>gone. They didn't even try to meet US regs and ceded the field. Peugeot
>soldiered on but when the 405 tanked in the US they gave up in '91.

Big fan of Citroens. They depreciate like mad which is great for those
of us who like older low mileage. Great cars, always innovative with
loads for yer money and secondhand they are cheap.

2018-07-09 14:49:49 UTC
"p-0''0-h the cat (coder)" <***@fluffyunderbelly.invalid> wrote in
message news:***@4ax.com...
: On Sun, 8 Jul 2018 19:57:53 -0600, rbowman <***@montana.com> wrote:
:
: >On 07/08/2018 10:41 AM, p-0''0-h the cat (coder) wrote:
: >> On Sun, 8 Jul 2018 10:32:06 -0600, rbowman <***@montana.com> wrote:
: >>
: >>> On 07/08/2018 09:37 AM, p-0''0-h the cat (coder) wrote:
: >>>> On Sun, 8 Jul 2018 10:18:02 -0400, "BurfordTJustice"
: >>>> <burford/***@uk.MI15> wrote:
: >>>>
: >>>>> Buy British or STFU and move.
: >>>>
[...]
: Internet Terrorist, Mass sock puppeteer, Agent provocateur, Gutter rat,
: Devil incarnate, Linux user#666, BaStarD hacker, Resident evil, Monkey
Boy,
: Certifiable criminal, Spineless cowardly scum, textbook Psychopath,
: the SCOURGE, l33t p00h d3 tr0ll, p00h == lam3r, p00h == tr0ll, troll
infâme,
: the OVERCAT [The BEARPAIR are dead, and we are its murderers], lowlife
troll,
: shyster [pending approval by STATE_TERROR], cripple, sociopath, kook,
: smug prick, smartarse, arsehole, moron, idiot, imbecile, snittish scumbag,
: liar, total ******* retard, shill, pooh-seur, scouringerer, jumped up
chav,
: lycanthropic schizotypal lesbian, the most complete ignoid, joker, and
furball.
:
: NewsGroups Numbrer One Terrorist
:
: Honorary SHYSTER and FRAUD awarded for services to Haberdashery.
: By Appointment to God Frank-Lin.
:
: LATEST! entry 'religious maniac'
:
: Signature integrity check
: md5 Checksum: be0b2a8c486d83ce7db9a459b26c4896
:
: I mark any message from »Q« the troll as stinky
:
rbowman
2018-07-09 15:14:19 UTC
On 07/09/2018 06:36 AM, p-0''0-h the cat (coder) wrote:
> Big fan of Citroens. They depreciate like mad which is great for those
> of us who like older low mileage. Great cars, always innovative with
> loads for yer money and secondhand they are cheap.

I once has a chance to buy a DS19. Even in my youth I wasn't that crazy.
The original hydraulics basically used olive oil (okay I exaggerate but
it was a hygroscopic vegetable based oil) that was hell on the seals.
They finally went to a mineral based oil around 1970 in the US.
Different seal material so switching to the new fluid meant purging the
system and replacing all the seals. They looked cool but no thanks.

I wouldn't mind a Traction Avant. They look even cooler and are no where
near as quirky.

Innovative designs with values that fall like a rock... Must be a story
there.

I've been watching a detective TV series, Peter Gunn, that was made in
the late '50s. In one episode I spotted a Renault Dauphine, something
else the world would rather forget.
p-0''0-h the cat (coder)
2018-07-09 17:50:10 UTC
On Mon, 9 Jul 2018 09:14:19 -0600, rbowman <***@montana.com> wrote:

>On 07/09/2018 06:36 AM, p-0''0-h the cat (coder) wrote:
>> Big fan of Citroens. They depreciate like mad which is great for those
>> of us who like older low mileage. Great cars, always innovative with
>> loads for yer money and secondhand they are cheap.
>
>I once has a chance to buy a DS19. Even in my youth I wasn't that crazy.
>The original hydraulics basically used olive oil (okay I exaggerate but
>it was a hygroscopic vegetable based oil) that was hell on the seals.
>They finally went to a mineral based oil around 1970 in the US.
>Different seal material so switching to the new fluid meant purging the
>system and replacing all the seals. They looked cool but no thanks.
>
>I wouldn't mind a Traction Avant. They look even cooler and are no where
>near as quirky.
>
>Innovative designs with values that fall like a rock... Must be a story
>there.
>
>I've been watching a detective TV series, Peter Gunn, that was made in
>the late '50s. In one episode I spotted a Renault Dauphine, something
>else the world would rather forget.

Citroen's now have conventional suspension. Renault I believe. I had a
BX with hydropneumatic suspension, it was surprising good. It just
needed pumping up every so often. I had a Dyane way back. It was
unsurprisingly bad but the best sunroof ever. Always enjoyed trips in
2CV's but I think you need to be young otherwise the bruises would never
heal.

Sent from my iFurryUnderbelly.

--
p-0.0-h the cat

NewsGroups Numbrer One Terrorist

By Appointment to God Frank-Lin.

LATEST! entry 'religious maniac'

Signature integrity check
md5 Checksum: be0b2a8c486d83ce7db9a459b26c4896

Database (slave) 0.002100 s
44.2188 kB
Benchmark Min Max Average Total
SELECT `lang` FROM `newsgroup` WHERE `newsgroup_url` = 'uk.legal' (4)
0.000127 s
0.000297 s
0.000192 s
0.000769 s
2.2344 kB
2.3672 kB
2.2676 kB
9.0703 kB
SELECT `code`, `name` FROM `lang` WHERE `code` = 'en' (3)
0.000115 s
0.000196 s
0.000142 s
0.000427 s
2.4141 kB
2.4141 kB
2.4141 kB
7.2422 kB
SELECT * FROM `lang` WHERE `code` = 'en' (1)
0.000210 s
0.000210 s
0.000210 s
0.000210 s
12.5313 kB
12.5313 kB
12.5313 kB
12.5313 kB
SELECT * FROM `thread` WHERE `hash` = 'LtHjSLUm' (1)
0.000193 s
0.000193 s
0.000193 s
0.000193 s
4.2500 kB
4.2500 kB
4.2500 kB
4.2500 kB
SELECT * FROM `newsgroup` WHERE `newsgroup_id` = '28820' (1)
0.000186 s
0.000186 s
0.000186 s
0.000186 s
5.8047 kB
5.8047 kB
5.8047 kB
5.8047 kB
SELECT * FROM `temp_simthread` WHERE `hash` = 'LtHjSLUm' (1)
0.000160 s
0.000160 s
0.000160 s
0.000160 s
2.6641 kB
2.6641 kB
2.6641 kB
2.6641 kB
SELECT text_res, img_res, manual FROM porndetect WHERE hash = 'LtHjSLUm' AND page = 1 (1)
0.000155 s
0.000155 s
0.000155 s
0.000155 s
2.6563 kB
2.6563 kB
2.6563 kB
2.6563 kB
Kohana 0.003700 s
62.6875 kB
Benchmark Min Max Average Total
find_file (98)
0.000001 s
0.000099 s
0.000038 s
0.003700 s
0.5234 kB
2.1563 kB
0.6397 kB
62.6875 kB
Requests 0.026230 s
678.5547 kB
Benchmark Min Max Average Total
"LtHjSLUm/what-now-pompeo-exits-north-korea-emptyhanded-leaving-us-with-three-options-all-of-them-bad" (1)
0.026989 s
0.026989 s
0.026989 s
0.026989 s
706.5859 kB
706.5859 kB
706.5859 kB
706.5859 kB
Thread controller 0.000711 s
28.3906 kB
Benchmark Min Max Average Total
Init (1)
0.000711 s
0.000711 s
0.000711 s
0.000711 s
28.3906 kB
28.3906 kB
28.3906 kB
28.3906 kB
Thread parsing 0.014170 s
223.1406 kB
Benchmark Min Max Average Total
Other (3)
0.000008 s
0.003866 s
0.001634 s
0.004903 s
0.3672 kB
91.7500 kB
44.3672 kB
133.1016 kB
PHP Post Parsing (1)
0.002788 s
0.002788 s
0.002788 s
0.002788 s
73.2109 kB
73.2109 kB
73.2109 kB
73.2109 kB
C++ Post Parsing (1)
0.006196 s
0.006196 s
0.006196 s
0.006196 s
2.3672 kB
2.3672 kB
2.3672 kB
2.3672 kB
Three (1)
0.000283 s
0.000283 s
0.000283 s
0.000283 s
14.4609 kB
14.4609 kB
14.4609 kB
14.4609 kB
Load & uncompress 0.000854 s
37.9609 kB
Benchmark Min Max Average Total
load_thread (1)
0.000854 s
0.000854 s
0.000854 s
0.000854 s
37.9609 kB
37.9609 kB
37.9609 kB
37.9609 kB
Application Execution (481) 0.018065 s 0.167414 s 0.037147 s 0.034108 s
1,110.6484 kB 3,176.9297 kB 1,327.2721 kB 1,327.6953 kB