Hunt the Cunt is new Foreign Secretary.
Add Reply
Mike Swift
2018-07-10 00:38:48 UTC
Be afraid, be very afraid.

Mike
Yorkshire Halvard Lange
Ophelia
2018-07-10 06:41:32 UTC
"Mike Swift" wrote in message news:***@ntlworld.com...

Be afraid, be very afraid.

Mike

==

I can't say I like him much, but why do you say that?
Mike Swift
2018-07-10 10:55:05 UTC
Post by Mike Swift
Be afraid, be very afraid.
Mike
==
I can't say I like him much, but why do you say that?
He was totally useless in education, and not much better in health.

Mike
Yorkshire Halvard Lange
Ophelia

True enough!
FMurtz
2018-07-10 06:57:17 UTC
Post by Mike Swift
Be afraid, be very afraid.
Mike
Whoever he is he must have something going for him if people should be
afraid.
The Todal
2018-07-10 09:12:05 UTC
Post by FMurtz
Post by Mike Swift
Be afraid, be very afraid.
Mike
Whoever he is he must have something going for him if people should be
afraid.
He had no compunctions about going to war against our junior doctors. As
foreign secretary, he might be equally trigger happy.
pamela
2018-07-10 14:25:29 UTC
Post by FMurtz
Post by Mike Swift
Be afraid, be very afraid.
Mike
Whoever he is he must have something going for him if people
should be afraid.
He had no compunctions about going to war against our junior
doctors. As foreign secretary, he might be equally trigger happy.
The snowflake junior doctors ended up better off than I anticipated.

They were acting like primadonnas claiming weekend work was too
demanding.

Despite the generous pay increase being provided, the BMA wanted to
prolong the strike for its own political purpose rather than for
patient safety. The self-important junior doctors felt so entitled
they went along with this.

I hope the malcontents went to work in Australia, as they couldn't stop
telling reporters they were being forced to go there.
Incubus
The BMA is a union in all but name.
The Todal
2018-07-10 15:01:19 UTC
Post by pamela
Post by The Todal
Post by FMurtz
Post by Mike Swift
Be afraid, be very afraid.
Mike
Whoever he is he must have something going for him if people
should be afraid.
He had no compunctions about going to war against our junior
doctors. As foreign secretary, he might be equally trigger happy.
The snowflake junior doctors ended up better off than I anticipated.
I don't know what you anticipated. Our NHS ended up far worse as a
result of Hunt's stubborn crusade.
Post by pamela
They were acting like primadonnas claiming weekend work was too
demanding.
No, they weren't.
Post by pamela
Despite the generous pay increase being provided, the BMA wanted to
prolong the strike for its own political purpose rather than for
patient safety. The self-important junior doctors felt so entitled
they went along with this.
It was all about patient safety. Katie Hopkins and you evidently
disagree. What you have in common is a profound ignorance of how NHS
emergency care operates.
Post by pamela
I hope the malcontents went to work in Australia, as they couldn't stop
telling reporters they were being forced to go there.
Yeah, right. Send them all to Australia.

We have fewer doctors than ever and they are under more pressure to
cover up the gaps in the service as a result of which patients have to
wait longer for treatment and more patients are suffering as a result of
clinical errors.

I expect this is music to your ears.
pamela
2018-07-10 15:45:53 UTC
Post by pamela
Post by The Todal
Post by FMurtz
Post by Mike Swift
Be afraid, be very afraid.
Mike
Whoever he is he must have something going for him if people
should be afraid.
He had no compunctions about going to war against our junior
doctors. As foreign secretary, he might be equally trigger
happy.
The snowflake junior doctors ended up better off than I
anticipated.
I don't know what you anticipated. Our NHS ended up far worse as a
result of Hunt's stubborn crusade.
If the NHS had a better understanding of its role it wouldn' thave
taken such a costly lesson to teach it what it should have known.

I will miss Hunt, escpecially for his focus on preventing medical
scandals where NHS staff have harmed patients either deliberately or
through neglect.
Post by pamela
Despite the generous pay increase being provided, the BMA wanted
to prolong the strike for its own political purpose rather than
for patient safety. The self-important junior doctors felt so
entitled they went along with this.
It was all about patient safety.
What was unsafe were the former working patterns with long shifts.
I recall may tv interveiws of juncior doctors moaning that they
couldn't have a good social or family life if they had to work
weekends. The problem is that people fall ill on any day and also
leaving equipment unused for 2 out of 7 days is a waste. Strange
how most other countries don't have such problems with weekend
working but we can't manage to move to a 7 day NHS on account pf
powerful lobby groups like the BMA.
Post by pamela
I hope the malcontents went to work in Australia, as they
couldn't stop telling reporters they were being forced to go
there.
Yeah, right. Send them all to Australia.
Not all. Just the malconents. Of course, junior doctors wishing to
work in Australia, Singapore or wherever should commit to repaying
the £200,000 plus it costs the taxpayer to train them.
Post by The Todal
We have fewer doctors than ever and they are under more pressure
to cover up the gaps in the service as a result of which patients
have to wait longer for treatment and more patients are suffering
as a result of clinical errors.
I expect this is music to your ears.
We already have too few doctors without the newly trained ones
telling us how precious their weekends are. Europeam doctors are
willing to work here and come with a far better attitude towards
working hours.

The way the NHS was originally established and is currently run has
permitted doctors to think only they run the entire NHS and no one
else should question them. Better health care systems such as those
in Germany and France don't have this misunderstanding.
Norman Wells
2018-07-10 16:19:13 UTC
Post by pamela
What was unsafe were the former working patterns with long shifts.
I recall may tv interveiws of juncior doctors moaning that they
couldn't have a good social or family life if they had to work
weekends. The problem is that people fall ill on any day and also
leaving equipment unused for 2 out of 7 days is a waste. Strange
how most other countries don't have such problems with weekend
working but we can't manage to move to a 7 day NHS on account pf
powerful lobby groups like the BMA.
Why did the junior doctors have to work such long hours? Why do they
still? It's because we have a National Health Service that has been
pared to the bone. To make any business work 7 days a weeks instead of
the normal 5 requires either 40% more staff or 40% more work out of each
employee.

We don't have the former, and you can't blame already overworked
employees from objecting to the latter even if the government regards it
as a good idea and certainly better than having to raise taxes
considerably. Doctors need the BMA to protect them from outdated
working practices.
Post by pamela
I hope the malcontents went to work in Australia, as they
couldn't stop telling reporters they were being forced to go
there.
Yeah, right. Send them all to Australia.
Not all. Just the malconents. Of course, junior doctors wishing to
work in Australia, Singapore or wherever should commit to repaying
the £200,000 plus it costs the taxpayer to train them.
Just as we, I suppose, should pay India and the Philippines, amongst
others, who send their trained staff over here?
Post by pamela
We already have too few doctors without the newly trained ones
telling us how precious their weekends are. Europeam doctors are
willing to work here and come with a far better attitude towards
working hours.
How many hours a week do *you* think it's reasonable these days for any
employee doing a stressful job to be required to work?
pamela
2018-07-10 16:45:09 UTC
Post by Norman Wells
Post by pamela
What was unsafe were the former working patterns with long
shifts. I recall may tv interveiws of juncior doctors moaning
that they couldn't have a good social or family life if they had
to work weekends. The problem is that people fall ill on any day
and also leaving equipment unused for 2 out of 7 days is a waste.
Strange how most other countries don't have such problems with
weekend working but we can't manage to move to a 7 day NHS on
account pf powerful lobby groups like the BMA.
Why did the junior doctors have to work such long hours? Why do
they still? It's because we have a National Health Service that
has been pared to the bone. To make any business work 7 days a
weeks instead of the normal 5 requires either 40% more staff or
40% more work out of each employee.
Doctors, especially in the UK, have a macho work culture inherited
over many geenrations. It's almost a badge of honour to work long
shifts and then for senior doctors to insist juniors do the same as
they once did.
Post by pamela
I hope the malcontents went to work in Australia, as they
couldn't stop telling reporters they were being forced to go
there.
Yeah, right. Send them all to Australia.
Not all. Just the malconents. Of course, junior doctors wishing
to work in Australia, Singapore or wherever should commit to
repaying the £200,000 plus it costs the taxpayer to train them.
Just as we, I suppose, should pay India and the Philippines,
amongst others, who send their trained staff over here?
You miss the point. The individual who benefits from state-funded
training should bear the cost if he leaves the country, whicherver
one it is. As it happens the Australians, for example, only want
certain medical skills and subsquently placed restrictions on which
doctors from the UK they would accept.
Post by Norman Wells
Post by pamela
We already have too few doctors without the newly trained ones
telling us how precious their weekends are. Europeam doctors are
willing to work here and come with a far better attitude towards
working hours.
How many hours a week do *you* think it's reasonable these days
for any employee doing a stressful job to be required to work?
Here we go with another Norman Wells leading question intended only
to drag out a discussion.

Being a doctor is a vocation. You may as well ask how many hours a
vicar should work. The sore point in this case was overtime pay for
Saturday working.
Norman Wells
2018-07-10 17:05:07 UTC
Post by pamela
Post by Norman Wells
Post by pamela
[...]
It still requires 40% more of something. Where's it going to come from?
Post by pamela
Post by Norman Wells
Post by pamela
We already have too few doctors without the newly trained ones
telling us how precious their weekends are. Europeam doctors are
willing to work here and come with a far better attitude towards
working hours.
How many hours a week do *you* think it's reasonable these days
for any employee doing a stressful job to be required to work?
Here we go with another Norman Wells leading question intended only
to drag out a discussion.
It's not a leading question at all (look it up). It's just a relevant
one that you don't want to answer because it will destroy your argument.
Post by pamela
Being a doctor is a vocation.
So, that's alright then. No harm in making them work 40% longer than
they do, is there?
Most others get it. Why shouldn't doctors?
pamela
Goto [VOCATION]
Norman Wells
2018-07-10 21:57:44 UTC
Post by pamela
Post by Norman Wells
Post by pamela
Post by pamela
Post by pamela
You may as well ask how many hours a
vicar should work. The sore point in this case was overtime pay
for Saturday working.
Most others get it. Why shouldn't doctors?
Goto [VOCATION]
So, that's alright then. No harm in making them work 40% longer than
they do, is there?

It's a vocation, therefore they can be exploited to the limit?

Ian Jackson
2018-07-10 07:22:54 UTC
Post by Mike Swift
Be afraid, be very afraid.