Women's vote: Pardoning suffragettes 'complicated'
2018-02-06 14:49:33 UTC
The malodorous refugee from justice didn't manage to get his arrest
warrant cancelled.

https://www.judiciary.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Assange-Ruling.pdf
R. Mark Clayton
2018-02-06 14:53:12 UTC
Bit of a catch 22 for him.
BurfordTJustice
2018-02-06 15:03:46 UTC
So he is gay?

Evidence?

:
: https://www.judiciary.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Assange-Ruling.pdf
The Todal
2018-02-06 15:09:30 UTC
Post by BurfordTJustice
So he is gay?
Evidence?
I don't think he's gay. Where did you get that from? Does "malodorous"
mean "gay" in your town?
BurfordTJustice
2018-02-06 17:16:14 UTC
Subject..You fucking wrote it...

How dense are you??

"The Todal" <***@icloud.com> wrote in message news:***@mid.individual.net...
: On 06/02/2018 15:03, BurfordTJustice wrote:
: > So he is gay?
: >
: > Evidence?
: >
: I don't think he's gay. Where did you get that from? Does "malodorous"
: mean "gay" in your town?
The Todal
2018-02-06 17:23:29 UTC
"Stuffed" does not mean gay.
BurfordTJustice
2018-02-06 17:32:48 UTC
LOL if you say so.

LOL!!!

: "Stuffed" does not mean gay.
R. Mark Clayton
2018-02-06 19:02:41 UTC
Ass ... stuffed - oh you work it out...
The Todal
2018-02-06 19:04:34 UTC
Post by BurfordTJustice
Subject..You fucking wrote it...
How dense are you??
"Stuffed" does not mean gay.
Ass ... stuffed - oh you work it out...
Shove it up your arse may or may not refer to buggery. Being buggered
doesn't mean that you are gay.
Fredxx
It sometimes helps.
Jeff
2018-02-07 07:33:23 UTC
Post by BurfordTJustice
Subject..You fucking wrote it...
How dense are you??
"Stuffed" does not mean gay.
Ass ... stuffed - oh you work it out...
However, this is a UK group and in this context 'stuffed' has a
different meaning and it would not have a gay connotation.

Jeff
JNugent
2018-02-06 18:12:01 UTC
Did anyone think he would?
The Todal
2018-02-06 18:14:41 UTC
Post by JNugent
Post by The Todal
The malodorous refugee from justice didn't manage to get his arrest
warrant cancelled.
https://www.judiciary.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Assange-Ruling.pdf
Did anyone think he would?
I don't know. He used a QC so he obviously wanted to give it his best
shot. I wonder if we can now expect an appeal, dragging out for the next
year or so.
Nightjar
2018-02-07 18:24:28 UTC
Post by JNugent
Post by The Todal
The malodorous refugee from justice didn't manage to get his arrest
warrant cancelled.
https://www.judiciary.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Assange-Ruling.pdf
Did anyone think he would?
I don't know. He used a QC so he obviously wanted to give it his best
shot. I wonder if we can now expect an appeal, dragging out for the next
year or so.
It is probably his only hope of leaving the embassy without being
arrested, no matter how remote, so I would expect him to keep trying.

Colin Bignell
Brian Reay
2018-02-06 18:50:54 UTC
Post by JNugent
Post by The Todal
The malodorous refugee from justice didn't manage to get his arrest
warrant cancelled.
https://www.judiciary.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Assange-Ruling.pdf
Did anyone think he would?
After the result yesterday (or perhaps it was Friday) re the alleged
'hacker', little would surprise me.

I doubt this will 'advance' the circus that is the 'Assange Affair' much.
The Todal
2018-02-06 18:56:04 UTC
Post by Brian Reay
Post by JNugent
Post by The Todal
The malodorous refugee from justice didn't manage to get his arrest
warrant cancelled.
https://www.judiciary.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Assange-Ruling.pdf
Did anyone think he would?
After the result yesterday (or perhaps it was Friday) re the alleged
'hacker', little would surprise me.
The Lauri Love case?

One thing that surprised me was the inaccurate report in The Times,
which is supposed to be a reputable newspaper.

Their legal correspondent says :

"His lawyers argued that because the alleged crime took place in the UK,
he should be tried in Britain. However, the CPS, appearing on behalf of
the US authorities, said that if the offence was not experienced by
victims in the UK, there could be no liability under domestic criminal
laws."
R. Mark Clayton
Interesting - would that apply to various victim-less offences like speeding and drug possession?
Handsome Jack
2018-02-06 21:05:48 UTC
The Lauri Love case?
One thing that surprised me was the inaccurate report in The Times,
which is supposed to be a reputable newspaper.
"His lawyers argued that because the alleged crime took place in the
UK, he should be tried in Britain. However, the CPS, appearing on
behalf of the US authorities, said that if the offence was not
experienced by victims in the UK, there could be no liability under
domestic criminal laws."
I'm not clear what your argument is here - what is it you say is
inaccurate?
Jack
The Todal
2018-02-07 00:19:00 UTC
Post by Handsome Jack
Post by The Todal
The Lauri Love case?
One thing that surprised me was the inaccurate report in The Times,
which is supposed to be a reputable newspaper.
"His lawyers argued that because the alleged crime took place in the
UK, he should be tried in Britain. However, the CPS, appearing on
behalf of the US authorities, said that if the offence was not
experienced by victims in the UK, there could be no liability under
domestic criminal laws."
I'm not clear what your argument is here - what is it you say is
inaccurate?
The CPS argued no such thing. And the court said that Lauri Love should
now be prosecuted by our CPS without delay.
Jethro_uk
2018-02-07 08:47:47 UTC
"His lawyers argued that because the alleged crime took place in the UK,
he should be tried in Britain. However, the CPS, appearing on behalf of
the US authorities, said that if the offence was not experienced by
victims in the UK, there could be no liability under domestic criminal
laws."
I suspect they might regret that, if the next hacker uses it as an
argument about abuse of process ...