Sir Ken Dodd has the last laugh - at the taxman
2018-03-12 14:24:25 UTC
Sir Ken Dodd has sadly died.

This did not stop him having one last laugh at the taxman, who infamously tried him for tax evasion three decades ago (a local jury acquitted him).

Following the maxim of the Sunday Times business section around forty years ago, he remained single as long as possible and then married his partner [literally in his case] on his death bed.

As well as meaning his partner will now be known as "Lady Anne", it also means that their marital home, which had been in the Dodd family for three generations, passes to her without payment of IHT.

Not as cute as the second Duke of Westminster, who died in 1953, but nice one Doddy!
kat
2018-03-12 16:23:43 UTC
Sir Ken Dodd has sadly died.
This did not stop him having one last laugh at the taxman, who infamously
tried him for tax evasion three decades ago (a local jury acquitted him).
Following the maxim of the Sunday Times business section around forty
years ago, he remained single as long as possible and then married his
partner [literally in his case] on his death bed.
As well as meaning his partner will now be known as "Lady Anne", it also
means that their marital home, which had been in the Dodd family for
three generations, passes to her without payment of IHT.
Not as cute as the second Duke of Westminster, who died in 1953, but nice one Doddy!
Marriage has its perks.:-)
kat >^..^<
Mr Pounder Esquire
2018-03-12 20:28:19 UTC
Sir Ken Dodd has sadly died.
This did not stop him having one last laugh at the taxman, who
infamously tried him for tax evasion three decades ago (a local jury
acquitted him).
Following the maxim of the Sunday Times business section around forty
years ago, he remained single as long as possible and then married
his partner [literally in his case] on his death bed.
As well as meaning his partner will now be known as "Lady Anne", it
also means that their marital home, which had been in the Dodd family
for three generations, passes to her without payment of IHT.
Not as cute as the second Duke of Westminster, who died in 1953, but nice one Doddy!
The greedy twat had cash hidden everywhere and he got away with it.
I have worked hard for all of my life and have been taxed to the eyeballs.
Fuck Doddy.
R. Mark Clayton
2018-03-12 21:45:46 UTC
Post by Mr Pounder Esquire
Post by R. Mark Clayton
Sir Ken Dodd has sadly died.
This did not stop him having one last laugh at the taxman, who
infamously tried him for tax evasion three decades ago (a local jury
acquitted him).
Following the maxim of the Sunday Times business section around forty
years ago, he remained single as long as possible and then married
his partner [literally in his case] on his death bed.
As well as meaning his partner will now be known as "Lady Anne", it
also means that their marital home, which had been in the Dodd family
for three generations, passes to her without payment of IHT.
Not as cute as the second Duke of Westminster, who died in 1953, but nice one Doddy!
The greedy twat had cash hidden everywhere and he got away with it.
I have worked hard for all of my life and have been taxed to the eyeballs.
Fuck Doddy.
You should live in Liverpool - no scouse jury is ever going to convict another scouser of tax evasion.

Anyway nothing to stop you getting an accountant and working out how to [legally] avoid tax. I would not recommend keeping cash in the attic (ESPECIALLY in Liverpool).