Vince Cable: Young 'shafted' over Brexit
Add Reply
MM
2017-08-07 07:11:33 UTC
It's what I've been saying all along. The future belongs to the young.
One could argue that old people didn't deserve to vote in the EU
referendum, as they will be dead long before the bad effects they have
brought about kick in.

Good old Vince! He has a habit of calling a spade a spade. Britain
needs more like him.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40842017

MM

http://www.avg.com
Omega
2017-08-07 07:54:01 UTC
Post by MM
It's what I've been saying all along. The future belongs to the young.
One could argue that old people didn't deserve to vote in the EU
referendum, as they will be dead long before the bad effects they have
brought about kick in.
Good old Vince! He has a habit of calling a spade a spade. Britain
needs more like him.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40842017
MM
http://www.avg.com
So, having disenfranchised yourself, you will no longer have a say in
matters Brexit. Nor your mate Vince, for that matter!

Clever fucker aren't you!

omega
Yellow
2017-08-07 14:02:19 UTC
Post by Omega
Post by MM
It's what I've been saying all along. The future belongs to the young.
One could argue that old people didn't deserve to vote in the EU
referendum, as they will be dead long before the bad effects they have
brought about kick in.
Good old Vince! He has a habit of calling a spade a spade. Britain
needs more like him.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40842017
MM
http://www.avg.com
So, having disenfranchised yourself, you will no longer have a say in
matters Brexit. Nor your mate Vince, for that matter!
Clever fucker aren't you!
omega
Vince Cable is one of my least favourite politicians and he is living up
to my usual expectations.
Norman Wells
How old's Vince? Can you tell us?
Ian Jackson
2017-08-07 16:16:09 UTC
Post by Norman Wells
How old's Vince? Can you tell us?
75 (I think?).
Ian
Bod
2017-08-07 08:45:16 UTC
Post by MM
It's what I've been saying all along. The future belongs to the young.
One could argue that old people didn't deserve to vote in the EU
referendum, as they will be dead long before the bad effects they have
brought about kick in.
Good old Vince! He has a habit of calling a spade a spade. Britain
needs more like him.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40842017
MM
http://www.avg.com
Cable is a typical politician and a sore loser.
What he is in effect saying, is that the older Brexit voters shouldn't
have the freedom to vote who they want to vote for.
In a proper democracy a persons vote should be respected.
He shows disrespect.
James Harris
2017-08-07 09:18:59 UTC
Post by Bod
Post by MM
It's what I've been saying all along. The future belongs to the young.
One could argue that old people didn't deserve to vote in the EU
referendum, as they will be dead long before the bad effects they have
brought about kick in.
Good old Vince! He has a habit of calling a spade a spade. Britain
needs more like him.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40842017
MM
http://www.avg.com
Cable is a typical politician and a sore loser.
What he is in effect saying, is that the older Brexit voters shouldn't
have the freedom to vote who they want to vote for.
In a proper democracy a persons vote should be respected.
He shows disrespect.
Cable sits in office, thinks: "How can I phrase this to tap in to the
preconceptions of young voters and increase the divisions in society?"

"Got it!"

The one good thing in the current climate is that if it has any success
it is likely only to reduce youth support for Labour.
James Harris
Bod
Indeed, I'm sure they've got the intelligence to see through him.
James Harris
2017-08-07 10:31:29 UTC
Post by Bod
Post by James Harris
Post by Bod
Post by MM
[...]
Agreed. By him parroting existing memes he is in danger of being seen to
be doing nothing more than jumping on an existing bandwagon.
James Harris
Mike Swift
2017-08-07 11:33:49 UTC
Post by Bod
Post by James Harris
The one good thing in the current climate is that if it has any success
it is likely only to reduce youth support for Labour.
Indeed, I'm sure they've got the intelligence to see through him.
They weren't intelligent enough to see through Corbyn.

Mike
Yorkshire Halvard Lange
Bod
Ha, that's true :-)
Vidcapper
2017-08-07 14:47:19 UTC
Post by Mike Swift
Post by Bod
Post by James Harris
The one good thing in the current climate is that if it has any success
it is likely only to reduce youth support for Labour.
Indeed, I'm sure they've got the intelligence to see through him.
They weren't intelligent enough to see through Corbyn.
And these were supposedly university squality students...
Paul Hyett, Cheltenham
Ophelia
2017-08-07 13:35:40 UTC
Post by MM
It's what I've been saying all along. The future belongs to the young.
One could argue that old people didn't deserve to vote in the EU
referendum, as they will be dead long before the bad effects they have
brought about kick in.
Good old Vince! He has a habit of calling a spade a spade. Britain
needs more like him.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40842017
MM
http://www.avg.com
Cable is a typical politician and a sore loser.
What he is in effect saying, is that the older Brexit voters shouldn't
have the freedom to vote who they want to vote for.
In a proper democracy a persons vote should be respected.
He shows disrespect.

==

He just wants his own way and he is doing an MM and twisting everything to
suit his agenda!
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
Bod
Totally agree.
Ian Jackson
2017-08-07 16:28:44 UTC
Post by Bod
Post by MM
It's what I've been saying all along. The future belongs to the young.
One could argue that old people didn't deserve to vote in the EU
referendum, as they will be dead long before the bad effects they have
brought about kick in.
Good old Vince! He has a habit of calling a spade a spade. Britain
needs more like him.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40842017
Cable is a typical politician and a sore loser.
I think that most Remainers are not sore losers. Instead, they're simply
people who are worried about what the UK might become after we've left
the EU.
Post by Bod
What he is in effect saying, is that the older Brexit voters shouldn't
have the freedom to vote who they want to vote for.
In a proper democracy a persons vote should be respected.
He shows disrespect.
You are talking nonsense. You Brexiteers seem fixated on things like
'respect' and 'loyalty'. Many of you seem to have taken the result of
the referendum as a personal victory, and are therefore taking it as a
personal affront when anyone dares question whether you really didn't
think things through properly, and made a big mistake (not just for
yourselves, but for everyone in the UK) when you voted to leave.
Ian
Norman Wells
2017-08-07 16:41:35 UTC
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Bod
What he is in effect saying, is that the older Brexit voters shouldn't
have the freedom to vote who they want to vote for.
In a proper democracy a persons vote should be respected.
He shows disrespect.
You are talking nonsense. You Brexiteers seem fixated on things like
'respect' and 'loyalty'. Many of you seem to have taken the result of
the referendum as a personal victory, and are therefore taking it as a
personal affront when anyone dares question whether you really didn't
think things through properly, and made a big mistake (not just for
yourselves, but for everyone in the UK) when you voted to leave.
It was a democratic decision arrived at by as democratic a vote as you
can get, after 100 days of seemingly endless debate. And it was
achieved by a subtantial majority of 1.7 million votes.

Those who can't or won't accept it are deniers of democracy. They
should be ashamed to consider themselves democrats, and especially
Liberal Democrats when neither word applies, especially the latter.
Bod
2017-08-07 16:44:36 UTC
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Bod
What he is in effect saying, is that the older Brexit voters shouldn't
have the freedom to vote who they want to vote for.
In a proper democracy a persons vote should be respected.
He shows disrespect.
You are talking nonsense. You Brexiteers seem fixated on things like
'respect' and 'loyalty'. Many of you seem to have taken the result of
the referendum as a personal victory, and are therefore taking it as a
personal affront when anyone dares question whether you really didn't
think things through properly, and made a big mistake (not just for
yourselves, but for everyone in the UK) when you voted to leave.
I only objected to being accused of "shafting" other voters.
Not exactly diplomatic language from a politician.
Dan S. MacAbre
2017-08-07 16:48:43 UTC
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Bod
Post by MM
It's what I've been saying all along. The future belongs to the young.
One could argue that old people didn't deserve to vote in the EU
referendum, as they will be dead long before the bad effects they have
brought about kick in.
Good old Vince! He has a habit of calling a spade a spade. Britain
needs more like him.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40842017
Cable is a typical politician and a sore loser.
I think that most Remainers are not sore losers. Instead, they're simply
people who are worried about what the UK might become after we've left
the EU.
I think leavers were worried about what the UK might become if we'd
stayed in. Of course, no-one knows what the future holds, but some
leavers seem convinced, even determined, that it will be bad.
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Bod
What he is in effect saying, is that the older Brexit voters shouldn't
have the freedom to vote who they want to vote for.
In a proper democracy a persons vote should be respected.
He shows disrespect.
You are talking nonsense. You Brexiteers seem fixated on things like
'respect' and 'loyalty'. Many of you seem to have taken the result of
the referendum as a personal victory, and are therefore taking it as a
personal affront when anyone dares question whether you really didn't
think things through properly, and made a big mistake (not just for
yourselves, but for everyone in the UK) when you voted to leave.
It's not just a case of questioning it - I think it's a case of
questioning it over and over again. No-one suggests that remainers
didn't know what they were voting for, either. I voted to remain, but
TBH, that's just how I felt on the day. I do not blame leavers for
getting pissed off. We're seeing a very pro-remain establishment double
down, and it's not something that fills one with much respect for the
democratic process.
Yellow
2017-08-07 17:06:58 UTC
Post by Dan S. MacAbre
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Bod
[...]
You are right in both your replies - spot on in fact.

Fredxxx
2017-08-07 14:19:37 UTC
Post by MM
It's what I've been saying all along. The future belongs to the young.
Given the young were supporting spend-spend-spend Corbyn perhaps they
thought their future wasn't in the UK when the debts have to be repaid?

If anyone shafted the young, it was Vince Cable and his promise
regarding tuition fees.